PDA

View Full Version : Parker interview: No pain

Spurs Brazil
11-13-2009, 06:34 PM
http://en.tp9.net/%c2%ab-no-pain-%c2%bb-158

No pain »
novembre 13, 2009 | News Flash
Laisser un commentaire
Away from the court for a week because of his ankle, Tony should be back tomorrow against Oklahoma.

Tony, after a week away from the court, will you play tomorrow against Oklahoma?
If everything goes as planned, I should be playing. Yesterday’s practice went ok. I didn’t feel any pain. We’ll know more after today’s practice. But I do feel ok to play. When I got hurt in Portland’s game, I knew it was only a small sprain. Nothing serious. If it had happened in a playoff game, I would have played. But Gregg Popovich didn’t wanna take any risks. He said I should take my time to heal.

At the beginning of the season it is a usual injury. How can you explain it?
Everything can explain. It could be the NBA combined with the National team, or back to backs which hurt the bodies a lot. For instance, we got in Portland at 4.00am right after our Utah’s game. Of course your body is more tired than usual. So many factors are at stake. But to be honest, I don’t search for reasons. When you play at a pro level, you get injured, that’s part of the deal.

Good news is, while Tim Duncan and you were away, San Antonio won two games vs Toronto and Dallas.
Winning when two major players are injured is a great sensation. Two very nice wins. Now they know our team is strong and our bench can play too.

And some players can find their position too…
Against Toronto, Manu (Ginobili) took the game at his advantage. He’s coming back to his best level. And in the Dallas game, it was Richard Jefferson’s turn. That’s a very good thing for the rest of the season.

thispego
11-13-2009, 06:55 PM
http://en.tp9.net/%c2%ab-no-pain-%c2%bb-158

No pain »
novembre 13, 2009 | News Flash
Laisser un commentaire
Away from the court for a week because of his ankle, Tony should be back tomorrow against Oklahoma.

Tony, after a week away from the court, will you play tomorrow against Oklahoma?
If everything goes as planned, I should be playing. Yesterday’s practice went ok. I didn’t feel any pain. We’ll know more after today’s practice. But I do feel ok to play. When I got hurt in Portland’s game, I knew it was only a small sprain. Nothing serious. If it had happened in a playoff game, I would have played. But Gregg Popovich didn’t wanna take any risks. He said I should take my time to heal.

At the beginning of the season it is a usual injury. How can you explain it?
Everything can explain. It could be the NBA combined with the National team, or back to backs which hurt the bodies a lot. For instance, we got in Portland at 4.00am right after our Utah’s game. Of course your body is more tired than usual. So many factors are at stake. But to be honest, I don’t search for reasons. When you play at a pro level, you get injured, that’s part of the deal.

Good news is, while Tim Duncan and you were away, San Antonio won two games vs Toronto and Dallas.
Winning when two major players are injured is a great sensation. Two very nice wins. Now they know our team is strong and our bench can play too.

And some players can find their position too…
Against Toronto, Manu (Ginobili) took the game at his advantage. He’s coming back to his best level. And in the Dallas game, it was Richard Jefferson’s turn. That’s a very good thing for the rest of the season.

spursfan1000
11-13-2009, 07:43 PM
Let him rest more...

Interrohater
11-13-2009, 10:06 PM
Let him rest more...

dude, seriously, there are some great sigz in this forum, but :wow and thanks

lefty
11-13-2009, 11:42 PM
No pain

So no gain?

We are fucked

Danny.Zhu
11-14-2009, 02:41 AM
Good news.

benefactor
11-14-2009, 12:34 PM
Very good news indeed.

TIMMYD!
11-14-2009, 02:25 PM
He'll probably be the one Pop is talking about.