PDA

View Full Version : Sports Memorabilia: Frames for Jerseys?

Aggie Hoopsfan
04-19-2005, 09:53 PM
Anyone know of a good place to find frames that you could put an autographed jersey in?

I need to spruce up the casa del Hoopsfan with some Spurs stuff to compensate for the nauseating Mavs crap everywhere up here in Dallas.

I imagine you need to have 1/2 an inch or an inch of depth on the frame to give the jersey a little bit of room, and obviously it's gotta be big enough to hold the jersey.

Anyone have any tips/advice in this area?

Muchos gracias.

missmyzte
04-19-2005, 10:57 PM
If you get an answer, I'm interested. I'm currently using all my jerseys as wallpapers, lol. The shirt that Horry gave me I had to get custom framed professionally and it was seriously expensive.

Aggie Hoopsfan
04-19-2005, 11:01 PM
Yeah, I went into an arts/crafts place here in Dallas and they wanted $100 a frame. I've got two that I want to get done, but that's a little bit pricey IMO.

EasilyAmused
04-19-2005, 11:05 PM
I am also interested!! Hope someone has some information. :)

Man In Black
04-20-2005, 02:08 AM
Don't any of you all watch Bob Villa or shit like that. I mean WTF, it's just pieces of wood, some fibreboard backing, colored paper, a frame matte, and glass. How hard could that be? If you did it yourself, it couldn't possibly cost that much.

Wildcat Spur
04-20-2005, 07:46 AM
My company distributes memorabilia cases from a company called Caseworks. They make all sorts of jersey frames and cases for stuff like that. It's not cheap, but it is great stuff. Here is the web address:

http://www.caseworksintl.com

Let me know if you need any more info on the stuff.

Hope this helps.

Aggie Hoopsfan
04-20-2005, 07:52 AM
Not really. If I think $100 is too much for a frame, what do you think about $250?

I was already leaning towards MIB's solution, I think I'm gonna hit up Hobby Lobby down the road and see about engineering my own solution.

alamo50
04-20-2005, 09:33 AM
TiMvp has/had a nice simple frame for his auto'd Duncan jersey.
Maybe he can tell ya where he got it.

I paid major bucks for the frames to showcase my D-Rob jerseys.
They cost me more than the damn shirts!

spur219
04-20-2005, 11:29 AM
Just make the frames that is what I do.

timvp
04-20-2005, 11:35 AM
TiMvp has/had a nice simple frame for his auto'd Duncan jersey.

Out of price range.

Making it is the cheapest option.

50 cent
04-20-2005, 12:08 PM
I have the same issue. I bought my dad and personalized A&M jersey for his office with his class year as the # and his name on the back and had Coach Fran sign it. I held onto it for a few months and looked around here in Dallas at prices. Everything was $250 up to $500. Finally, I just sent it to my mom to finish because she is a Hobby Lobby type lady that can do it herself. I suck at that kind of stuff.

Wildcat Spur
04-20-2005, 01:24 PM
Aggie,

One way to do it is to buy a 24" x 36" frame that has some depth to it and replace the backing piece with a same size piece of black foam core board. You can then use one of those retail tagging guns to attach the jersey to the foam core. I've framed a few jerseys up this way.

I've got a picture of one that I could show you, but being a rookie, I wasn't sure how to attach it.

texbumTHElife
04-20-2005, 02:03 PM
I have an auto Gale Sayers Jersey, auto Staubach jersey, auto ND Montana jersey and I am saving up to have them all box framed. Some time next year I will be adding TP, Manu and Duncan to my collection.

Also have a 30 yr old 32x24 print of Mickey Mantle signed that I need to have framed and matted. Gonna cost me like 3k to get all this stuff box framed/framed and matted

EasilyAmused
04-20-2005, 02:39 PM
Don't any of you all watch Bob Villa or shit like that. I mean WTF, it's just pieces of wood, some fibreboard backing, colored paper, a frame matte, and glass. How hard could that be? If you did it yourself, it couldn't possibly cost that much.

I am not the Bob Villa type of gal ;) but my scrapbooking skills might come in handy :lol

Some of you have some good ideas!

ducks
04-20-2005, 02:41 PM
go to walmart buy picture or poster with a fame for $10
and then take that out and put spur's poster in it