PDA

View Full Version : Maybe we can make these trades?

Srupsog
11-14-2009, 02:02 AM
We can trade Richard Jefferson and rights to Splitter or Ian Mahinmi for Chris bosh.

Why Toronto might do this because they are probably going to lose Bosh anywhere this offseason so they might as well get something guaranteed in return such as Jefferson and Toronto loves international players such as Splitter who they can start to rebuild their team with.

We can also trade Bonner and Mason for Stephen Jackson and Anthony Morrow from Golden State.

Why Golden State might do this because they are looking to get rid of Jackson asap not only because of his attitude, but also because of his long term salary. Also why they would take bonner and mason is because they are both expiring contracts. Why they might throw in Morrow is because he is probably not in Golden State's long term plan anyway so losing him isn't a problem to them.

So imagine if we pull these trades off our team would look like this:

PG: Tony Parker, 6-2, 180, 27
SG: Anthony Morrow, 6-5, 210, 24
SF: Stephen Jackson, 6-8, 215, 31
PF: Chris Bosh, 6-10, 230, 25
C: Tim Duncan, 6-11, 260, 33

PG: George Hill, 6-2, 180, 23
SG: Manu Ginobili, 6-6, 205, 32
SG: Michael Finley, 6-7, 225, 36
PF: DaJuan Blair, 6-7, 265, 20
C: Antonio McDyess, 6-9, 245, 35

PG: Sign someone
SG: Keith Bogans, 6-5, 215, 29
SF: Malik Hairston, 6-6, 220, 22
PF: Marcus Haislip, 6-10, 230, 28
C: Theo Ratliff, 6-10, 235, 36

We be Champs for sure and we could be set up years after Tim Duncan era

So what do you think of this?

BWS-1994
11-14-2009, 02:11 AM
Wow... "strike whilst the iron is hot"? Just when RJ's playing very well and acclimated with the Spurs system, you want to trade him?

And why would Toronto agree to this?

MaNu4Tres
11-14-2009, 02:14 AM
I think I'm going to throw up.

mesothorny
11-14-2009, 02:22 AM
why the shit would we get rid of RJ?

draft87
11-14-2009, 02:31 AM
W

I think that you're either talking about fantasy basketball

OR

"you don't know shit about basketball :nope"

seriously, seriously?

Riverwalkman
11-14-2009, 02:41 AM
We can trade Richard Jefferson and rights to Splitter or Ian Mahinmi for Chris bosh.
I think it's a good idea, by doing that Finley will start again.

NFGIII
11-14-2009, 02:49 AM
Ditto to all of the ^ who are :td with this idea

RJ starts to play the way most of us anticipated and you want to trade him? The FO spent many months working on this trade to get him so we could have the athletic wing that we haven't had since Sean. Now that he has been acquired you want to trade him for a 5? I understand having
Bosh at the 5 would be nice but we most likely have Splitter coming over next year so our 5 is covered. I'm not saying Splitter is equal to Bosh. That's not the point. The point is we need an athletic wing far more than we need a 5. IMHO

The athletic wing has been a sore spot on this board for many years. Go ahead and look it up. There would be an incredible meltdown here if the FO turned around and traded away RJ for Bosh. FO ain't trading RJ unless his name is either Kobe or LeBron.

jaffies
11-14-2009, 02:49 AM
1. So, Bosh would leave Toronto, but not leave San Antonio? On top of that, we give Toronto Splitter so they can build for the future? And yet on top of that, we give them RJ???!?!?

2. Did you just say Anthony Morrow would be our starting SG? Anthony Morrow??

3. In what universe does this "set us up years" after Duncan retires? We would have ONE "big man" (in quotes because Blair is 6'7"). Duncan: retires, McDyess: retires same year, Ratliff: not resigned, retires 2 year earlier, Bosh: left in 2010 free agency, Splitter: traded for aforementioned asshat, Bonner: was ingeniously traded for Anthony Morrow....good thing we have Ian Mahinmi!!

4. I ralphed on myself before I could check to see if the salaries matched.

AussieFanKurt
11-14-2009, 02:50 AM
fuck i hate these threads,
they wont happen
its as outrageous as saying Trade Tony, Manu and Duncan for LBJ, its just fucking stupid

Mister Sinister
11-14-2009, 02:53 AM
Ahh, fuck, not this again.

celldweller
11-14-2009, 02:54 AM
http://img109.imageshack.us/img109/4816/jesusfacepalm.jpg

Texas_Ranger
11-14-2009, 02:56 AM
Lets trade Duncan for Kobe, Tony for LeBron, Jefferson for Dwight and Manu for Wade!

Interrohater
11-14-2009, 03:00 AM
I love these ideas of having a turnstile-type of roster. If for some reason we got Bosh, some clown would want to trade him because he's "at his peak trade value".

Come on man, Richard Jefferson makes this team better than it has been in recent years. Plus, as Jaffies pointed out, we're giving up the rights to a player we've been trying to get over here for years, JUST as he's finally able to? Yes, a superstar big next to Timmy would be nice, but we've won two other championships with a good roleplayer nearby.

sasffl
11-14-2009, 03:00 AM
Bosh isn't the man we need.

draft87
11-14-2009, 03:02 AM

Why Toronto might do this because they are probably going to lose Bosh anywhere this offseason so they might as well get something guaranteed in return such as Jefferson and Toronto loves international players such as Splitter who they can start to rebuild their team with.

We can also trade Bonner and Mason for Stephen Jackson and Anthony Morrow from Golden State.

Why Golden State might do this because they are looking to get rid of Jackson asap not only because of his attitude, but also because of his long term salary. Also why they would take bonner and mason is because they are both expiring contracts. Why they might throw in Morrow is because he is probably not in Golden State's long term plan anyway so losing him isn't a problem to them.

So imagine if we pull these trades off our team would look like this:

PG: Tony Parker, 6-2, 180, 27
SG: Anthony Morrow, 6-5, 210, 24
SF: Stephen Jackson, 6-8, 215, 31
PF: Chris Bosh, 6-10, 230, 25
C: Tim Duncan, 6-11, 260, 33

PG: George Hill, 6-2, 180, 23
SG: Manu Ginobili, 6-6, 205, 32
SG: Michael Finley, 6-7, 225, 36
PF: DaJuan Blair, 6-7, 265, 20
C: Antonio McDyess, 6-9, 245, 35

PG: Sign someone
SG: Keith Bogans, 6-5, 215, 29
SF: Malik Hairston, 6-6, 220, 22
PF: Marcus Haislip, 6-10, 230, 28
C: Theo Ratliff, 6-10, 235, 36

We be Champs for sure and we could be set up years after Tim Duncan era

I held back, read another thread but I kept thinking about how INSANE this thread is. It's a complete waste of time. MAYBE if it was an attempt at humor, OK, let's try to chuckle a bit and move on. Maybe if you were talking about your fantasy league and forgot which forum you were posting on, OK. but what the hell are you talking about?

We're all on the same team here, GO SPURS, and Chris Bosh would be a great addition to the team......but what the heck are you thinking? You realize things like players playing for coaches and playing with teammates is a thing involved in basketball, right? And the players have to get paid, right? and there's things called contracts with league mandated guidelines that need to be worked out under the salary cap, right?

First of all, why are we talking about trades? We're 7 games into an 82 game season and our team looks as promising as ever. You want to break up all the hard work put into chemistry and momentum up until this point?

Second, I bet you every dollar you ever make for the rest of our life that neither R.C. Buford, Bryan Colangelo, or Larry Riley want to make any of those deals. They don't make basketball sense, personnel-sense, salary-sense, anything-sense.

Do you think we should just flip a coin on Tiago and Ian and decide that way? It clearly looks like Tiago is the better investment so why just say, "We'll give you a player that plays a position that you don't need covered in your rotation for your franchise player and you can also have either this guy that hasn't played that keeps getting injured OR this other guy that we haven't signed yet but is playing amazingly overseas"

Bryan Colangelo-"FUCK. YOU."

"PG: Sign someone"- well, with all these genius trade ideas, why doesn't Peter Holt hire you as GM and get "someone" to play PG?

"DaJuan Blair" - would you at least spell his name correctly?

AND
Anthony Morrow was the league-leading 3pt shooter last season. He's off to a good start this year as well. Nellie has gone on the record saying he loves the undrafted treasure he has with this kid. Recently put him in the starting lineup over lottery pick Stephen Curry. Did you just make up that he's not in Golden State's future plans? They're paying him minimum wage to be amazing and you think they just want to 'throw him in' a trade for Stephen Jackson??!??!?!?!?!??

"Hey Larry Riley, dude I got this sick trade for you, check it out, You give me Stephen Jackson, and I'll take him off your hands. Isn't that rad? You can get rid of your problem. What? No, sorry I didn't mean that I would hire a hooker and buy a truckload of gingko for Nellie to lighten up, wise up and start remembering who's in his rotation, no not THAT problem. I mean I'll get Stephen Jackson off your hands. Yeah, I know Pop doesn't want him and he'll probably ruin the locker room vibe but I need to get him because the fans think it's a good idea. What do you get in return? OH. ....OH......OH. yeah, duh you need something too. How about I give you Matt Bonner and Roger Mason. They're fan favorite-scapegoats. Perfect for your dysfunctional locker room. What? no, I'm not a smart-ass, LOOK they're expiring contracts and I know that Chris Cohan is trying to ruin the city of Oakland's love of basketball so JUST TAKE THE DEAL cause the fans think it's a good idea. Oh wait, you love the idea because the team can continue to shoot a shit ton of 3s and have NO INSIDE GAME WHATSOEVER?!!?!?!? SWEET. I didn't realize that you'd be crazy enough to think that's a good idea and that trades could work for both sides. I thought they only worked for my fans. Ok thanks, I gotta go make another unnecessary trade that looks good on paper but will actually ruin my team's chemistry."

celldweller
11-14-2009, 03:03 AM
Now that I think about it....Excellent Idea!

I nominate you to suggest it to.....
http://thingsifuckinghate.files.wordpress.com/2008/06/nba_g_popovich_275.jpg

Blackjack
11-14-2009, 03:05 AM
Funyuns, man.

Funyuns...:smokin

draft87
11-14-2009, 03:06 AM
Now that I think about it....Excellent Idea!

I nominate you to suggest it to.....
http://thingsifuckinghate.files.wordpress.com/2008/06/nba_g_popovich_275.jpg

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

i wish you'd post that every time someone comes up with really really foolish crap

kobyz
11-14-2009, 03:06 AM
interesting...

duhoh
11-14-2009, 03:10 AM
maybe we can stop believing that NBA Live/2K seasons are realistic.

sigh. . . .

Srupsog
11-14-2009, 03:34 AM
Come on everyone, there's no need to verbally bash me, I'm just like you guys a spurs fan who just wants his spurs to be the best they can. What I wrote is just an idea and technically it possibly could happen, there has been crazy trades before (Pau Gasol trade). I know RJ is doing really good right now and I like him a lot, but Chris Bosh is in a way higher class than him, bosh is almost up there with Lebron, D-wade guys. Hasn't anybody been watching the games we lost, Matt Bonner is a good shooter and Hustles his ass off but as long as we count on him as a starter we will never win another championship in the Tim Duncan era. I wish antonio mcdyess could start, but he's at the age where he can't handle starter minutes for a whole season if he is to be helpful during the playoffs. And Stephen Jackson could buy into our system to win a championship, its pretty hard to motivate yourself when your playing for GS. and yeah the anthony morrow idea was just wishful thinking. But you guys can't say our spurs wouldn't be a pretty good team on paper with my trade ideas. I know its very unlikely to happen and almost impossible, but that's what spurstalk is for; to talk about what we want the spurs to do, or should do, or shouldn't do, ect. another thing early in the season is a good time to trade so we can have enough time acclimate everyone together into the spurs system and build chemistry.

ss1986v2
11-14-2009, 05:36 AM
trade one is DOA. toronto hangs up the phone on you.

trade two is on life support at best. gsw listens, then politely (maybe) declines.

if your justification for a trade happening is "i dont know, anything could happen, right?", dont bother posting it. stay away from the 2k...

RuffnReadyOzStyle
11-14-2009, 05:43 AM
Ahh, fuck, not this again.

This.

http://img109.imageshack.us/img109/4816/jesusfacepalm.jpg

And this.

Come on everyone, there's no need to verbally bash me, I'm just like you guys a spurs fan who just wants his spurs to be the best they can. What I wrote is just an idea and technically it possibly could happen, there has been crazy trades before (Pau Gasol trade). I know RJ is doing really good right now and I like him a lot, but Chris Bosh is in a way higher class than him, bosh is almost up there with Lebron, D-wade guys. Hasn't anybody been watching the games we lost, Matt Bonner is a good shooter and Hustles his ass off but as long as we count on him as a starter we will never win another championship in the Tim Duncan era. I wish antonio mcdyess could start, but he's at the age where he can't handle starter minutes for a whole season if he is to be helpful during the playoffs. And Stephen Jackson could buy into our system to win a championship, its pretty hard to motivate yourself when your playing for GS. and yeah the anthony morrow idea was just wishful thinking. But you guys can't say our spurs wouldn't be a pretty good team on paper with my trade ideas. I know its very unlikely to happen and almost impossible, but that's what spurstalk is for; to talk about what we want the spurs to do, or should do, or shouldn't do, ect. another thing early in the season is a good time to trade so we can have enough time acclimate everyone together into the spurs system and build chemistry.

No, no, it's not going to happen, and a lot of us around here are getting sick of ill-considered trade threads clogging up the forum, which has reached epidemic proportions lately. We have a carefully assembled roster, let's give it a chance to play some games before we write it off.

And how about you resist the urge to post fantasy trade threads and go play with your fantasy roster instead... that's what it's for! :lol

portnoy1
11-14-2009, 05:47 AM
I like bosh next to Duncan and I like SJax athleticism and clutch. However, Bosh is good but a little soft and SJax has an attitude. Now thats just my personal opinion. The real reason the trade wouldnt work is because the Warriors want value for SJax and they can do better than Bonner and Mason Jr. although they are expiring contracts. Its a possibility but i doubted since Jack was an issue with Pop at times. The bosh is a definite no. Spurs have an athletic wing that can score in bunches when called as we seen Monday and Wednesday. Also the Raptors have SF Hedo Turkoglu and so they wouldnt trade for another SF and give they're only legit bigman. Splitter would be a rookie and rookies need time and coaching to develop. The main big guy is Bargnani who can light it up offensively but is allergic to rebounds and cant spell defense. Thats why they signed Rasho back and traded for Reggie Evans. To get better defensively and get stronger on the boards. We do need and athletic bigman who can block shots but bosh is not worth it. We can trade (if nessecary??) before the deadline if our interior defense is still bad.

RuffnReadyOzStyle
11-14-2009, 05:47 AM
BTW, celldweller, who is that woman with the Spurs G in your sig?

TDMVPDPOY
11-14-2009, 06:09 AM
24posts and poster starting threads? wtf is this horseshit...

IBTL

Chieflion
11-14-2009, 06:32 AM
I can't stop laughing. Richard Jefferson for a franchise player like Bosh. Bonner and Mason for S-Jax and MORROW. Are you freaking kidding me?

Ikstomi
11-14-2009, 08:02 AM
Morrow is so overrated. He wouldn't be good in Spurs team.

eisfeld
11-14-2009, 08:27 AM
Why would Toronto want another starter quality SF when they have Hedo?
Why would Toronto want to trade Bosh?
Why do you even think about trades this early in the season?

Spursmania
11-14-2009, 08:33 AM
http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b299/SallyNeko21/butthead_slap.gif

Mel_13
11-14-2009, 08:37 AM
What I wrote is just an idea and technically it possibly could happen, there has been crazy trades before (Pau Gasol trade).

:sleep

TDMVPDPOY
11-14-2009, 08:42 AM
after reading this thread, i feel like taking a shit, pretty much sums it up....wtf is this shit

Chieflion
11-14-2009, 08:54 AM
Morrow is so overrated. He wouldn't be good in Spurs team.
Morrow is a better shooter than anyone on the Spurs team. Golden State would not trade him for our expirings. Overrated my ass.

completely deck
11-14-2009, 09:15 AM
http://i34.tinypic.com/258a13q.gif

RuffnReadyOzStyle
11-14-2009, 09:22 AM
http://i34.tinypic.com/258a13q.gif

:lmao

Agloco
11-14-2009, 09:24 AM
Come on everyone, there's no need to verbally bash me, I'm just like you guys a spurs fan who just wants his spurs to be the best they can. What I wrote is just an idea and technically it possibly could happen, there has been crazy trades before (Pau Gasol trade).

You're gonna get called out every time you start a nonsensical thread like this. Don't make it a habit to post every idea that pops into your head, you'll catch nothing but grief around here.

OrEmuN
11-14-2009, 09:48 AM
Since we are in fantasy land, I think these trades will be better. It is all do-able on NBA2k10 so the salary matches. Who cares if the other team will do the trade a not as long as you can override the trade.

I will take RJ and trade for Wade.
After which, lets go with Finley for Brook Lopez
Lets take Bonner & Mahinmi to OKC and get K.Durant.

PG: Parker, Hill
SG: Wade, Ginobili
SF: Durant, Bogans
PF: Duncan, Blair
C: Lopez, Ratliff

td_tp_manu
11-14-2009, 10:46 AM
RJ will call Spurs bastards

RuffnReadyOzStyle
11-14-2009, 10:52 AM
Since we are in fantasy land, I think these trades will be better. It is all do-able on NBA2k10 so the salary matches. Who cares if the other team will do the trade a not as long as you can override the trade.

I will take RJ and trade for Wade.
After which, lets go with Finley for Brook Lopez
Lets take Bonner & Mahinmi to OKC and get K.Durant.

PG: Parker, Hill
SG: Wade, Ginobili
SF: Durant, Bogans
PF: Duncan, Blair
C: Lopez, Ratliff

Yeah! Let's do that! :D :rollin

Dex
11-14-2009, 11:35 AM
We should start a new rule that unless you work for the Spurs FO, you are not allowed to make trade suggestions or post trade threads. That way we'd never have to deal with this kind of pointlessness again.

We're glad you had an original thought, but give me a break. We might as well start a thread about how swell it would be if the sky was green and gravity pulled up.

/grumpy Dex

benefactor
11-14-2009, 01:02 PM
I think its a great idea.

Sequ thread erradication complete. :)

hater
11-14-2009, 01:07 PM

the fuck?????

http://cdn3.knowyourmeme.com/i/7283/original/facepalm2ic7copyrl2-jpg.jpeg

lil'mo
11-14-2009, 02:39 PM
btw, celldweller, who is that woman with the spurs g in your sig?

:lmao