PDA

View Full Version : Barry out for tommorow

TMTTRIO
04-19-2005, 10:33 PM
They just said on the news that Barry has a deep thigh bruise and is not going to play tommorow night and may be sore on Sunday :bang.

Cant_Be_Faded
04-19-2005, 10:34 PM
yeah i knew he'd be out after sean elliot kept saying how he was limping
plus he didnt do shit yesterday

Experiment2100
04-19-2005, 10:35 PM
At least it wasn't that damn patella tendinitis.

ducks
04-19-2005, 10:38 PM
barry for darko :elephant :elephant :elephant :elephant

ducks
04-19-2005, 10:39 PM
this series belongs to big dog
he hates karl :smokin

Cant_Be_Faded
04-19-2005, 10:40 PM
big dog is going to be our leading scorer the entire playoffs

ZStomp
04-20-2005, 01:03 AM
I suspect other guys will be feeling ill tomorrow night and will not play (or play very little).

T Park
04-20-2005, 01:56 AM
Just what this team needed.

Another hurt freakin player.

Summers
04-20-2005, 08:37 AM
I suspect other guys will be feeling ill tomorrow night and will not play (or play very little).

That "stomach virus" is highly contagious.

Jimcs50
04-20-2005, 08:46 AM
This shit has got to stop.

HTF can the Spurs get their mojo back when none of them have played together in over a month???

Look at the best teams right now.

Dallas, Phoenix and Houston are all playing all their starters for well over 30 mins/game and all are playing the best ball of the season, just as SA did in 99 and 03 going into the playoffs. They are not affraid of getting hurt or tired. They know that the teams that win it all are the teams that are the hottest going into the playoffs, not the ones that all of the sudden start playing great once the 2nd season starts.

The Spurs had 4 games to get ready with TD, and Pop is fucking around. All their starters should have played all 4 games and Rasho should have played with them tonight.

This does not bode well for the Spurs. It is quite disconcerting, really it is.

They better start playing well fast or they will be fishing by May.

boutons
04-20-2005, 09:13 AM
"Look at the best teams right now."

I avoid that as much as I can. :lol

eg, as soon as I realized Sonics weren't challlenging the Mavs the other night, I switched away, thank you League Pass.

It's very frustrating, and worrying, to see Mavs, Suns, Pistons clicking and rolling smoothly and strongly, beating good teams, blowing out lottery teams, while the Spurs are 6-4 in Last10, blow a lead, and multiply screw-up, coaches and players, in crunch time against Memphis, no momentum, no SPAM, wild-ass rotations, Tim trying to play on 1.5 ankles, young Tony sitting because he's tired, Rasho out, trying to integrate two new players who many think are key, the Spurs summary is "tired and hurt", Devin out, now Brent out, etc.

Some people, aka "believers", believe the ugly rusty-brown, wobbly, gimpy ducklings will magically turn into the beautiful Black-and-Silver Metallic-Tough Spurs next Sunday, while the other top teams will somehow fall apart and go away, a story straight out of Homer's Ancient Fairy Tales.

This is why I keep saying, if the Spurs split vs Nuggets @SBC, the Spurs will be in deep shit, because the Karl Nuggets 18-1 @DEN (just as dominant as the Spurs @SBC). The Spurs could be out before May, another Duncan season wasted, like last year (which STILL hurts).

timvp
04-20-2005, 10:20 AM
This is just another example of Pop not knowing how to handle what he has. I bet you he'll give more minutes to that rookie and NBDL player who can't hold a candle to Brent Barry if the three of them were lost in the dark.............

Barry being fake injured is the worst decision Pop made regarding a guard since he waived Shane Heal. Before that you'd have to go back to when he sign Avery Johnson. This is amazingly stupid move I can't believe Pop is dipping this low he is ruining what David Robinson created and that is an aura of honesty, determination and admiration for your opponent.

Pop is more intrested in holding Barry back I bet he doesn't even play 10 minutes per game in the playoffs Pop is going to go with that NBDL scrub, that Euro rookie and the fat man he found sitting at home not to long ago. Even the 325 pound Voshon Lenard will be able to school the Spurs now damn its a Pop's fault why doesn't he just play Barry......

Barry has been unbeliavably clutch this year. I don't think I've seen him miss a shot he tried to make. All of his turnovers are because the person didn't catch the pass. Actually, I haven't seen one play when Barry was on the court that wasn't a direct result of him doing something special. Just check out his +/- if you don't believe that he might be the teams best clutch player ...............

Barry should play this game if he doesn't I might have to go back on what I've said and agree with ChumpDumper this would be tragic........

Sincerely,

Whottttt

Shelly
04-20-2005, 10:24 AM
:lol

You had me there for a second, Timvp!

MadDog73
04-20-2005, 10:25 AM
boutons -

IF the Spurs lose this year, it is because of the reasons you mentioned: Injuries.

Nothing can be done about it at this point, so all we can do is watch and hope for the best.

Remember, Denver is hurting too, and the Kings or Sonics SHOULD be easy.

That brings us to the WCF, and we'll see how the Suns, Rockets or Mavs are doing after playing 2 hard series in a row.

My money is still on the Spurs.

whottt
04-20-2005, 10:25 AM
:rolleyes

Really bad impersonation...at no point is there any ripping on Avery Johnson.

Jimcs50
04-20-2005, 10:27 AM
boutons -

IF the Spurs lose this year, it is because of the reasons you mentioned: Injuries.

Nothing can be done about it at this point, so all we can do is watch and hope for the best.

Remember, Denver is hurting too, and the Kings or Sonics SHOULD be easy.

That brings us to the WCF, and we'll see how the Suns, Rockets or Mavs are doing after playing 2 hard series in a row.

My money is still on the Spurs.

Not just injuries.
TP was not injured the last game.

picnroll
04-20-2005, 10:28 AM
You had me at "that you'd have to go back to when he signed Avery Johnson". :makeout

:lol

timvp
04-20-2005, 10:32 AM
:rolleyes

Really bad impersonation...at no point is there any ripping on Avery Johnson.

Nice impersonation of yourself. Not reading/comprehending posts :)

whottt
04-20-2005, 10:33 AM
I don't get it.

timvp
04-20-2005, 10:34 AM
Exactly.

:smokin

MadDog73
04-20-2005, 10:41 AM
Not just injuries.
TP was not injured the last game.

??? Tony Parker didn't play last game.

boutons
04-20-2005, 11:16 AM
"Tony Parker didn't play last game"

Tony was not injured. The stomach virus BS is a standard lie, like "knee tendonitis" for resting a player. The Spurs system plays at such an incredible level, that the players, even the younger ones, can't keep up with pace. Sounds like a sucky system to me. Are the Mavs, Suns, Pistons "tired"?

The next NBA 2005 Champions, supposedly deep and talented and "potent offense", league-best defense, can't beat a weak 8th seed without Tony?

First, we can't beat anybody without Duncan, Duncan's back, now Tony's the excuse.

GMAFB. I'm tired of excuses, pretexts, and assorted homer BS.

If the Spurs are really so damn good, then they can find a way to win the fucking ballgames.

Winning begets winning, losing begets ...?

Jdspur20
04-20-2005, 11:38 AM
it could be alot worse, thigh bruse is not that bad.

MadDog73
04-20-2005, 12:29 PM
"Tony Parker didn't play last game"

Tony was not injured. The stomach virus BS is a standard lie, like "knee tendonitis" for resting a player. The Spurs system plays at such an incredible level, that the players, even the younger ones, can't keep up with pace. Sounds like a sucky system to me. Are the Mavs, Suns, Pistons "tired"?

The next NBA 2005 Champions, supposedly deep and talented and "potent offense", league-best defense, can't beat a weak 8th seed without Tony?

First, we can't beat anybody without Duncan, Duncan's back, now Tony's the excuse.

GMAFB. I'm tired of excuses, pretexts, and assorted homer BS.

If the Spurs are really so damn good, then they can find a way to win the fucking ballgames.

Winning begets winning, losing begets ...?

And I'm fucking sick of whining pussies.

Spurs fans should be grateful that in an injury filled season we're still 2nd seed. That's something to be proud of in my book.

For the last time, these last few games don't matter! Just be glad Tim didn't get re-injured or anything. Count your blessings.

As for Tony resting, ever think it had NOTHING to do with Tony, and was all about Wilks and Beno getting some much needed confidence before the playoffs?

At the very least, it was an extended test to see if Wilks should be on the roster or not. I'd much rather lose a insignificant regular season game to find out, than to lose a playoff game.

It's time for true Spurs fans to stop complaining and bitching and cheer on your team. Unless the Spurs lose in the Playoffs, you have nothing to bitch about.

exstatic
04-20-2005, 12:54 PM
At least it wasn't that damn patella tendinitis.

Actually, a deep thigh bruise could be patella tendonitis. Now if Pop had played the old plantar fasciitis card...