PDA

View Full Version : Does this worry anyone else?

duncan2k5
04-19-2005, 10:39 PM
all our games lately didnt have any steady rotation. guys injured, guys resting, timmy coming back, rasho out, now barry out, we need some chemistry going in, especially since were playing home first because if they beat us on our home floor they will have all the momentum.

Experiment2100
04-19-2005, 10:43 PM
The no steady rotation was pop's idea, he's just testing things. Duncan probably wouldn't be playing if he didn't miss all those games with the injury.

Spurs Biggest Fan
04-19-2005, 10:56 PM
nope :)

SequSpur
04-19-2005, 11:14 PM
u think that shit is funny?

Tek_XX
04-19-2005, 11:49 PM
The only thing that worries be besides injuries is the lack of momentum and chemistry

Mr. Body
04-19-2005, 11:59 PM
Yes, the junky rotation is a concern. Rasho comes back - what then? We're mixing in two players who aren't very familiar with the system, in Robinson and Mohammed, and the rest of the rotation has been blown up. Six weeks ago we were cooking along pretty well, but now it's catch-as-catch-can. The rest is whistling past the graveyard.

cqsallie
04-20-2005, 04:12 AM
Who is that ugly broad, foofida? Hope it's not a relative. If so, my apologies!
I have to admit to being seriously concerned about the rotation. I know that given a few games together, disparate members of the Spurs team somehow coalesce and the next thing you know, they're doing remarkable things. But, these are players who have come to consider themselves as "players," and know they'll be back on the bench when the big guns are back in form.
If this isn't disconcerting, I don't know what is! I would absolutely hate this type of role. Tony has the night off; Manu is injured; Tim has a sprained ankle. This may be the stuff of which dreams are made for some, but after a few games in which everything seems to be gelling, back come the "stars" and back you go to the bench.
I really don't care what Pop's plans are anymore. Do whatever the hell you want, Popovich, we'll just go along for the ride as we always do.
I'm more than a little tired of it, and I have lost a whole lot of fervor over the past couple of weeks. Anything good that happens now is anti-climatic...
Go! Spurs! Go!

Streakyshooter08
04-20-2005, 04:17 AM
To be honest: I am really concerned. We didn't play well lateley, some players are hurt and the rotation isn't set. I think Denver will be really...really though...

Rummpd
04-20-2005, 05:38 AM
Foofida please quit rotating your avitars, we are concerned about the drop off in "talent" going into the playoffs.

Respectively,

Men everywhere.

Brodels
04-20-2005, 05:54 AM
all our games lately didnt have any steady rotation. guys injured, guys resting, timmy coming back, rasho out, now barry out, we need some chemistry going in, especially since were playing home first because if they beat us on our home floor they will have all the momentum.

Yes. It's absolutely a concern. Pop has had a tough job to do. He's had to get some people some rest, get players back into the rotation, work around health issues, etc. It's going to take a little time before this team plays its best basketball. The whole 'flip the switch' thing generally doesn't work.

I'm most concerned about Tim. If he's healthy and playing like the Tim of old, I think his talent and leadership will be enough to get the Spurs through any other issues they may have in the first round. If Tim isn't himself, fans should be concerned. The Spurs are vulnerable if he doesn't bring it.

ZStomp
04-20-2005, 06:45 AM
The no steady rotation was pop's idea, he's just testing things. Duncan probably wouldn't be playing if he didn't miss all those games with the injury.

if TD hadn't injured himself, a more set rotation would be set in already and he would still be playing because I think Spurs would still be #1...and fighing PHX for it.

Jimcs50
04-20-2005, 08:02 AM
Who is that ugly broad, foofida? Hope it's not a relative. If so, my apologies!

That is Dave Grohl in drag.

Same as my sig below, only his makeup is better. :)

101A
04-20-2005, 08:20 AM
That is Dave Grohl in drag.

Same as my sig below, only his makeup is better. :)

Jim,

If you don't mind, you gotta get rid of that Paz Vega sig. The drool keeps shorting out my keyboard.

Jimcs50
04-20-2005, 08:25 AM
Jim,

If you don't mind, you gotta get rid of that Paz Vega sig. The drool keeps shorting out my keyboard.

My keys are sticking for some reason.

:)