PDA

View Full Version : Brock Lesnar is very, very sick

dbreiden83080
11-14-2009, 11:24 PM
Dana White: Brock Lesnar is "not going to be getting well any time soon"

by John Morgan on Nov 14, 2009 at 8:15 pm ET

http://mmajunkie.com/news/16856/dana-white-brock-lesnar-is-not-going-to-be-getting-well-anytime-soon.mma

"UFC heavyweight champion Brock Lesnar has already re-scheduled his bout with Shane Carwin twice. Now it appears to be off indefinitely.

At Saturday night's UFC 105 post-event press conference, UFC president Dana White said the mononucleosis that had been bothering Lesnar is still present, but the champ is now suffering a new set of illnesses, as well.

"I am worried about it," White said. "I can't really talk about it right now, but [Lesnar] is in rough shape. He's in really bad shape.

"I'm actually probably going to fly to go see him, and we're going to probably have to do some stuff to take care of this guy. He is not well, and he's not getting any better."

White said he wasn't sure how serious the new illnesses were and whether they could be career- or even life-threatening.

"I don't know," White told MMAjunkie.com (www.mmajunkie.com). "I've got to get him to one of these really good hospitals with really good doctors to figure out what's wrong and how we get him better."

White said Lesnar collapsed while spending time on a retreat in Canada and was checked into a hospital.

"[Lesnar] is in bad shape, and the reality is they don't really know all that's wrong with him," White said. "He owns a bunch of property in Canada. He went up to Canada just to get away from his house, to go up there and just kind of chill out up there.

"He [expletive] dropped. He went down, and he had to go to the hospital. They ran every test on the planet on him, and they ended up finding out something else was wrong with him."

White said he's not yet sure what the UFC will do regarding the heavyweight division with its champion on the shelf for an indeterminable amount of time.

"If it's a long wait, we're gong to have to do something," White said. "We're going to have to – the last thing I ever want to do is strip a guy who won a title. That's the last thing I want to do. I don't know if we'll have to do an interim or what we'll do to fix it."

White said there's still more questions than answers surrounding his heavyweight champion, but one thing was certain: Lesnar will be on the shelf for the foreseeable future.

"He is not good," White said. "He is very, very sick, and he's going to be out for a while.

"He doesn't want to talk about it publicly, but he's in bad shape. He's not well. He's not going to be getting well anytime soon"

Lets hope Dana was just being a little dramatic and we don't hear Brock has cancer or something..

tsb2000
11-14-2009, 11:38 PM
Crazy- there's a few things that could look like mono, that would be discovered in certain types of blood panels, and some of them aren't good at all. Hope Brock is ok and gets better soon.

dbreiden83080
11-14-2009, 11:39 PM
Crazy- there's a few things that could look like mono, that would be discovered in certain types of blood panels, and some of them aren't good at all. Hope Brock is ok and gets better soon.

You mean Cancer..

Trainwreck2100
11-15-2009, 12:16 AM
Teh Herpes is known to fuck people up

dbreiden83080
11-15-2009, 12:17 AM
Teh Herpes is known to fuck people up

:rolleyes

Trainwreck2100
11-15-2009, 12:25 AM
:rolleyes

mono is a form of the herpes virus

dbreiden83080
11-15-2009, 12:26 AM
It sounds like he has cancer, based on the comments from Dana or they fear he has Cancer..

dallaskd
11-15-2009, 12:29 AM
any idea where the cancer would be?

dbreiden83080
11-15-2009, 12:30 AM
Whatever is going on we'll know probably in a few days, as he is getting looked over by all these doctors..

Trainwreck2100
11-15-2009, 12:32 AM
if he used performance enhancers and unsanitary needles, it could be Hep or HIV

dbreiden83080
11-15-2009, 12:33 AM

Dirty Needles, in this day and age, i doubt that..

dallaskd
11-15-2009, 12:34 AM

I actually thought of that. :lol

Stringer_Bell
11-15-2009, 12:53 AM
It's nothing like hep or HIV, or else Dana would say Lesnar was no longer "safe" to fight. My guess is that it's either a serious respiratory infection or something like diabetes that requires him to take doses on a regular basis. I know football players play with diabetes and sickle cell anemia.

Either way, I hope he's back to full health as quickly as possible.

The TroutBum
11-15-2009, 04:19 AM
Will I get blasted on here if I jump for joy and praise Allah?

Even though I've said it before, I don't want him to die -- but a career ending injury/illness would really make me moist.

Pistons < Spurs
11-15-2009, 07:36 AM
"He doesn't have cancer or AIDS or anything like this, [but] he's got some problems, man. . . . He's not going to be getting well any time soon."http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2009/11/15/former-nfl-player-brock-lesnar-is-seriously-ill/

robbie380
11-16-2009, 12:37 PM
Brock Lesnar is so sick, he'll be going to the Mayo Clinic so doctors can figure out what to do -- but it will probably require major surgery ... UFC Prez Dana White tells TMZ.

White tells us Lesnar -- the UFC heavyweight champ -- is "very, very sick" with some sort of intestinal disorder, although listening to White, it sounds a lot more serious than that. White says the condition will require "major surgery."

White is going to visit Lesnar in the hospital and is trying to get him transferred to the Mayo Clinic, one of the most renowned medical facilities in the world.

White says Lesnar -- formerly of the WWE -- was diagnosed with mono more than a week ago and was "bummed out" that he had to cancel the fight and went to Canada to rest. White says Lesnar collapsed in Canada a week ago today and has been hospitalized ever since.

White acknowledges the current condition is not mono but he will not be specific. White says the condition is not HIV or cancer.

And, White tells TMZ, "There's a possibility Lesnar will never fight again."

Read more: http://www.tmz.com/#ixzz0X2lSXSJf

BlackSwordsMan
11-16-2009, 12:50 PM
brock will find any excuse not to fight fedor

Technique
11-16-2009, 01:04 PM
I can't help but irony.

tlongII
11-16-2009, 01:09 PM
That sucks.

desflood
11-16-2009, 01:41 PM
That's unfortunate, if true.

dbreiden83080
11-16-2009, 11:41 PM
I'm sure he'll fight again.. But he is probably gonna get stripped of the belt..

dallaskd
11-16-2009, 11:55 PM
Bacterial infection in his intestinal tract..

http://sports.espn.go.com/extra/mma/news/story?id=4661873

dbreiden83080
11-17-2009, 12:10 AM
We'll see if he needs some kind of surgery..

dbreiden83080
11-17-2009, 12:26 AM
What i'm reading is if he needs surgery that it will heal very slowly and he may drop a ton of weight. That his career may be in danger because of the area never being suited for a fighter to come back from. This sounds bad, we'll see..

Blackjack
11-17-2009, 02:25 AM
Well, that blows..

The guy's a freak physically, so hopefully that bodes well for his prognosis; it would suck not to be able to see the fighter he could become.

dbreiden83080
11-17-2009, 02:36 AM
his trainer Geg Nelson said in a text he is doing better and heading home soon..

http://www.mmaweekly.com/absolutenm/templates/dailynews.asp?articleid=10014&zoneid=13

Seems that any major surgery on the intestines is horrible news and puts his career at risk. So lets hope they can treat this without surgery and he can bounce back.

The TroutBum
11-17-2009, 07:11 AM
Here we go, SURGERY, here we go! /clap /clap!

Please, Dear Gods, make this happen.

Rip-Hamilton32
11-17-2009, 07:48 AM

why so much hate towards him? are you friends with Mir or something?

i hope he gets better soon hes a freak

ATRAIN
11-17-2009, 08:52 AM
why so much hate towards him? are you friends with Mir or something?

i hope he gets better soon hes a freak

Yeah I dont get it either, love him or hate him he has lit a fire in what used to be a weak HW div.

desflood
11-17-2009, 11:36 AM

Wishing this on somebody who isn't completely evil is... well, a little sick. Get some help.

Soul_Patch
11-17-2009, 11:49 AM

Seriously, grow the fuck up. The dude is a human being, how about you try and act like one as well.

Hope he overcomes this.

anakha
11-17-2009, 12:45 PM
Will I get blasted on here if I jump for joy and praise Allah?

Even though I've said it before, I don't want him to die -- but a career ending injury/illness would really make me moist.

http://i.somethingawful.com/forumsystem/emoticons/emot-wtc.gif

What a sad excuse for a human being.

robbie380
11-17-2009, 12:55 PM

Here we go, GAS-TRIC BY-PASS, here we go!
/clap
/clap!
http://i101.photobucket.com/albums/m71/flakestein/Ace-1.gif

...and shane carwin do not approve of your douchebaggery

http://www.mixedmartialarts.com/mma.cfm?go=forum.posts&forum=1&thread=1553923&page=1

Shane Carwin

I am sure most of you know I am not the leader of the Lesnar Fan Club. That being said, antics or not, he is OUR UFC HWT Champion. He beat a future Hall of Famer to keep that belt and he NEEDS our prayers and good thoughts right now.

At the end of the day I can take off my UFC shirt and say here is a man, a Champion that has been brought down by an illness not another man. It is very humbling if you think about it.

Brock has a wife, kid, and friends that depend on him to make their lives better. You do not have to support Brock and his antics but you should have respect for the human side of what is happening here.

This is not a ploy to sell more tickets, he is the biggest draw this sport has ever had. This is not him ducking me or any other fighter. This is about a man who is fighting an illness for his career, family and friends.

Talk of stripping a man of his title due to illness will set this sport back farther then anything Brock has ever said. We need our Champions healthy and defending. I know the show will go on but to be a Champion you must beat a Champion.

My family and I send our thoughts and well wishes to Brock's family, friends and training partners. We are indeed keeping you in our thoughts.

If you sit around bashing Brock or making fun of this because of his antics you might be the very same thing you despise. As an MMA fan, as a human be concerned that one of OUR OWN has fallen and needs our support.

Get well soon UFC Heavyweight Champ Brock Lesnar.

dbreiden83080
11-17-2009, 01:36 PM

Should i start praying you get cancer and die??

Blackjack
11-17-2009, 01:38 PM
/clap
/clap!

So i guess the 'clap' doesn't come by way of the hand but more like a jumping jack?

Classy move on Carwin's part. :tu

dbreiden83080
11-17-2009, 02:22 PM
Dana on Twitter..

Leaving bismarck ND right now. Brock had minor surgery and is feeling better. Not 100% sure he is out of the woods but feeling better

http://twitter.com/danawhite

ATRAIN
11-17-2009, 03:10 PM
Dana on Twitter..

Leaving bismarck ND right now. Brock had minor surgery and is feeling better. Not 100% sure he is out of the woods but feeling better

http://twitter.com/danawhite

Get well Brock

oligarchy
11-17-2009, 04:47 PM
/clap
/clap!

lulz..:guin

ginobili's bald spot
11-17-2009, 04:49 PM

I can't stand Brock, but you're a piece of shit for posting stuff like this. Grow up.

Cleveland Steamer
11-17-2009, 08:04 PM
Brock may be a big d-bag on the mic but it's not cool to wish harm on the guy. i hope he gets better soon. he's brought a whole new challenge to the heavies and somebody will eventually beat him. i just want it to be a fighter that beats him...not some crazy disease.

The TroutBum
11-17-2009, 09:10 PM
I guess I need to grow up then... Geeze. I've never seen or read half of you guys posting things like this about NBA players... right? Wait...

The gastric bypass was good though, I must give props where they are due.

Secondly, I stated in this thread that I DIDN'T want him to die, but I want career ending injury. Why is that so bad? How many of you have thought/said that about Kobe or LeBron or Jordan or Dirk? I hate the guy, I hate his fat ass that beat my favorite fighter. I want him to fail. I just don't see why you guys are jumping all over my sack about this.

Cut me some slack fella's, I am just passionate about my Lesner hate. Props to Carwin as well, I like that dude even more now.

dbreiden83080
11-17-2009, 09:23 PM
Secondly, I stated in this thread that I DIDN'T want him to die, but I want career ending injury

Oh well fine then, this changes everything.. :rolleyes

dbreiden83080
11-17-2009, 09:25 PM
How many of you have thought/said that about Kobe or LeBron or Jordan or Dirk.

I hate Kobe and other athletes but i never wish injury on anyone so that they can't play/fight anymore. I root against them to lose every time like a fan of the sport does..

For example my most hated fighter ever is probably Mike Bisping but i never root for him to be hurt so bad he could not fight again. I'll just boo his ass every time he does fight..

Cleveland Steamer
11-17-2009, 09:41 PM
Secondly, I stated in this thread that I DIDN'T want him to die, but I want career ending injury. Why is that so bad? How many of you have thought/said that about Kobe or LeBron or Jordan or Dirk? I hate the guy, I hate his fat ass that beat my favorite fighter. I want him to fail. I just don't see why you guys are jumping all over my sack about this.
say bro, wouldn't you rather see him get his ass beat in the cage than outside of it by some illness? it will be better than when Randy beat Tim Sylvia.

anakha
11-17-2009, 11:10 PM
I guess I need to grow up then... Geeze. I've never seen or read half of you guys posting things like this about NBA players... right? Wait...

Guess you never saw how much shit those posters who wish harm on any player get either.

Then root for him to lose the title in the Octagon.

Wanting him to fail in the UFC is worlds apart from wanting him to fail outside of it. The former is what any typical sports fan would do, the latter is what utter douchebags do.

Cut me some slack fella's, I am just passionate about my Lesner hate. Props to Carwin as well, I like that dude even more now.

Sad when the guy's opponent shows more class than you do.

Blackjack
11-17-2009, 11:37 PM
Lesnar’s rocky road takes another turn (http://sports.yahoo.com/mma/news?slug=dw-lesnar111709&prov=yhoo&type=lgns)

By Dan Wetzel, Yahoo! Sports

Last month Brock Lesnar sat in a small-town, fast food restaurant, surrounded by blue-collar townies, munching on a five-dollar foot long. He was the reigning Ultimate Fighting Championship heavyweight title holder, yet unlike his old days as a professional wrestler/entertainer, he was far from the spotlight.

His life was now about family, training and humble hard work. It was the antithesis of his days making millions in the cutthroat, 300-days-on-the-road, close-down-the-nightclubs-fast-lane of the WWE.

That was an existence he grew to detest, so much so that five years ago he walked away from a multi-million dollar contract with no job.

Then an interesting thing happened. By moving to real fighting, he found the real Brock Lesnar.

“This is who I am,” he said. “I’m a fighter.”

Now Lesnar is in for the biggest fight of his life; dealing with a serious illness – at this point just described as “bacterial infection in his intestinal tract.” He had “minor surgery” in Bismarck, N.D. Tuesday, according to UFC president Dana White.

“Not 100 (percent) sure he is out of the woods but (he’s) feeling better,” White wrote via Twitter.

The illness has caused the postponement of one title defense and, according to White, could even cost him his budding second-career.

“There’s a possibility Lesnar will never fight again,” White told TMZ.com on Monday.

Lesnar is famously private and precise details of what’s wrong have not been released. His management team and the UFC have declined further comment. All we know is that he grew so weak during an October training camp that he had to pull out of a fight that was scheduled for this Saturday.

The first diagnosis was mono. White said Saturday, though, that Lesnar was “very, very sick.” While he wouldn’t reveal the illness, he said it wasn’t cancer or HIV. There is no word on whether Tuesday’s surgery solves the problem or is just the first of many treatments.

Either way, for Lesnar the person, the timing is tough.

The 32-year old had entered a period of professional success, personal contentment and family bliss (a new baby boy with his wife, former wrestling star Sable, while living near his second grade daughter from a previous relationship).

It was a journey that was a long time and numerous bold lifestyle changes in the making.

After winning a NCAA wrestling championship at the University of Minnesota in 2000, Lesnar entered the scripted WWE as a natural born star. At 6-3, 300-pounds, he boasted incredible athletic ability and a natural touch as an actor. He was a headliner by 2002 and for three years made millions while living the predictable wild life on the road of someone young, rich and famous.

“You could either stay in or go out,” he said. “Guess which I chose?”

Increasingly he detested it. He was miserable. He later got a tattoo of a sword on his chest, blade pointed at his neck.

“At the time it symbolized someone (having) a knife up against my throat,” he said.

The WWE has a long, ugly history of pushing its wrestlers to cut corners and compete at all costs. Dozens of pro wrestlers have died young, even in their 20s and 30s. Others have pointed to a culture of steroids (Lesnar has denied ever taking them), pain killers and substance abuse.

Whatever the reason, Lesnar did what few do. He walked away. He attempted to get out of his contract by trying out for the Minnesota Vikings even though he hadn’t played football since high school. He almost made the team.

He pro wrestled in Japan, got into a legal battle with the WWE and, in 2006, just retired and left everything behind. The $7 million contract. The all-night parties. The rush of fame.

His decision is beyond rare – there’s a reason they’ll never run out of subjects for “True Hollywood Stories.”

Lesnar said he’d rather farm than continue. The fake wrestler was going to be true to himself. He had no clear career path. He said he was depressed. He bought some land. He ran a tractor.

Then he gave mixed martial arts a chance and after one contest approached Dana White.

“Let me fight,” Lesnar begged back in 2007. “Give me one chance.”

The UFC is the highest level of cage fighting, filled with experts at things like Brazilian jiu-jitsu and Muay Thai boxing. If you don’t know what you’re doing, you’ll get hurt. Even a former NCAA wrestling champ.

“It’s no place for on the job training,” White cautioned.

Lesnar didn’t care.

“I’m either good at this or I’m not,” he said, asking for world class competition from the start, unwilling to waste any more of the present as he searched for a future.

In less than a year he was the UFC heavyweight champion and its biggest box office draw. It turns out he wasn’t just good at MMA, he was great at it.

Suddenly he could earn millions by fighting just a few times a year. Gone were weeks with seven shows in seven cities. It was a real sport. He retreated to Alexandria, Minn., a working-class town a two-hour drive northwest of Minneapolis. It’s where his daughter lives.

He and Sable bought a 40-acre farm in the woods. They had their first son in June. He became the rare athlete who openly discussed trying to be the best father and husband he could.

When not working out at a non-descript training facility, he hunts and fishes. He drives rusted, used trucks. He doesn’t have the Internet. If it weren’t for an occasional hunting show and NFL football, he’d throw out his television. He eats at Subway.

He couldn’t be happier. He’s found balance.

“Fighting is not my life,” he said last month, eating a meatball sub. “My family is my life. I know who I am and what I’m about. My wife knows who I am. My children know who I am. My friends. That’s all that matter to me.”

He’s poured himself into becoming a better fighter, paying training partners and experts to come in and make him better.

He was on the verge of a long career, perhaps even an extended run as the champion. Everything was humming, professionally and personally. The gamble of walking away from the circus and into an honest life had paid off.

Then a week after we had lunch in Alexandria, he got sick. Then he got sicker. Now he might need further hospitalization, surgery, treatment, who knows.

Now everything is up in the air for a guy who found happiness by getting grounded.

dbreiden83080
11-18-2009, 02:04 AM
Crossing fingers big time that he is going to be okay here. This guy is so talented, to have his career end like this would be a travesty..

Get well soon Brock, hang in there.. :toast

The TroutBum
11-18-2009, 07:24 PM
*sigh*

Alright, I'm a douche. I get it. You guys are all right. I said some things I shouldn't have, and now, I am regretting it. Ya, ya, it's just an internet message board, but I really do feel like a bitch. I have done a lot of reading about Lesner today, and I must admit, I feel even worse for it.

You guys have made some good points, and I agree with all of you. I hope he gets better, I hope he returns to the cage, and I hope that someone breaks his face in there.

And, to top it off, you guys will love this...

I've been sick for the last two weeks or so. I actually had to go to the hospital twice because of insane pain in my left side. After weeks of pain, many trips to the doctors, etc. they diagnosed me with Mono. Go figure, eh? So, on top of feeling like a complete shit head here, I've now got what Brock has. Life, it seems, has a sense of revenge.

polandprzem
11-18-2009, 11:55 PM
http://www.bloodyelbow.com/2009/11/17/1161136/brock-lesnars-mystery-ailment

polandprzem
11-19-2009, 01:16 PM
http://www.bloodyelbow.com/2009/11/18/1163954/dana-white-brock-lesnar-had-a-hole

tlongII
11-19-2009, 03:26 PM
I wonder how much weight he's lost?

dallaskd
11-19-2009, 04:18 PM
I hate Lesnar with a passion, but he is good for the UFC and good for the sport.

anakha
11-23-2009, 10:54 AM
http://www.411mania.com/MMA/news/122588/Br...Fight-Again.htm

Brock Lesnar's longtime friend and Jiu-Jitsu coach Rodrigo "Comprido" Medeiros told TMZ yesterday that Brock WILL be ready to fight again within six months.

"I can just say that the heavyweights can stop laughing and get ready to start crying because the champion will be back soon."

Lesnar is healing up following surgery to fix a hole in his intestine.

Hope this isn't bullshit, so we can go back to cheering him on/booing the shit out of him in the ring.

Soul_Patch
11-23-2009, 09:42 PM
*sigh*

Alright, I'm a douche. I get it. You guys are all right. I said some things I shouldn't have, and now, I am regretting it. Ya, ya, it's just an internet message board, but I really do feel like a bitch. I have done a lot of reading about Lesner today, and I must admit, I feel even worse for it.

You guys have made some good points, and I agree with all of you. I hope he gets better, I hope he returns to the cage, and I hope that someone breaks his face in there.

And, to top it off, you guys will love this...

I've been sick for the last two weeks or so. I actually had to go to the hospital twice because of insane pain in my left side. After weeks of pain, many trips to the doctors, etc. they diagnosed me with Mono. Go figure, eh? So, on top of feeling like a complete shit head here, I've now got what Brock has. Life, it seems, has a sense of revenge.

Hope you get better soon as well. Being sick sucks.

Evan
11-23-2009, 09:48 PM
*sigh*

You guys have made some good points, and I agree with all of you. I hope he gets better, I hope he returns to the cage, and I hope that someone breaks his face in there..

Its just that we've managed to keep discussions here highly civil for a couple of years...and through the arguments we've managed to stay from crossing the standard forum overboard comment line.

No biggy...glad you're feeling better.

EmptyMan
11-23-2009, 10:02 PM
Damn, that was close.

Brock is such a unique physical specimen. It would be a damn shame for us to be robbed of our entertainment.

Dana and everyone need to quit dicking around and get THE FIGHT locked in. This is reaching IanMckellen/TheHobbit status QUICK. The world is running out of time!!!!!!

dbreiden83080
11-24-2009, 09:44 PM
Dana White: Brock Lesnar's doctor claims he's been competing at 60% for the past year

UFC President Dana White recently talked with Steve Cofield about a variety of issues ranging from the return of Tito Ortiz to competing against boxing cards and answering questions about UFC Heavyweight champion Brock Lesnar's status and future.

If it were up to Lesnar, nobody would even know he was sick. Understandably, he puts heavy emphasis on personal privacy (though some might question that after he publicly proclaimed his post-UFC 100 plans between himself and his wife).

According to White, Lesnar's problem is a perforated intestine which had a derogatory effect on his immune system causing him to be constantly worn down. Lesnar recently had surgery, but its unknown if the hole was completely closed.

White also said in the video interview embedded below that doctors told Lesnar that he's only been competing at 60% due to the condition.

If that diagnosis is correct, how much better can a fully recovered Brock Lesnar really be? Does it mean that he'll be stronger? Faster? Have more endurance? Be more flexible?

The only area that I can think of that could possibly be affected is his cardio. But the only time he's looked even remotely winded is at the end of the first round in his match against Randy Couture. Other than that, it's never been an issue.

But the hype machine will likely get rolling as soon as they know for sure that Brock is okay and is on his way to a full recovery.

http://www.examiner.com/x-7825-Tampa-MMA-Examiner~y2009m11d24-Dana-White-Brock-Lesnars-doctor-claims-hes-been-competing-at-60-for-the-past-year

desflood
11-24-2009, 10:42 PM
Considering how Brock Lesnar was at 60% - that is some scary, scary sh*t right there.

dbreiden83080
11-24-2009, 10:50 PM
Dana is already pimping Brocks return hard..

ATRAIN
12-02-2009, 12:33 PM
Any more updates on Brock's return? :)