PDA

View Full Version : Why the hell didn't we call a timeout?

JustinJDW
11-14-2009, 11:46 PM
Seriously? Pop did the same exact thing last time the Thunder came to San Antonio. We got the ball, and then we just winged it without a timeout, and all we got out of it was a fadeway mid-range jumpshot by Finley, and a loss.

Pretty much the same exact situation, and Pop doesn't call the timeout again, and this time we get a turnover.

What the hell?

ElNono
11-14-2009, 11:51 PM
Talking about that, this team looked a lot like last season for stretches, IMHO.
Obviously Manu was shooting horrible, but besides that, it was mostly what can TP and TD can do for you. Very poor ball movement, guy like RJ out of rhytm. We went with the same old shit small lineup featuring Bonner and Finley at PF. Dice played under 20 mins for whatever reason, and after singlehandlely bringing us back into the game, we stop going to him.
I think there's a few thins we can learn from tonight. We'll see in the next couple of games if we did.

DesignatedT
11-14-2009, 11:58 PM
I understand the concept of not calling a timeout in that situation to create an open 3 and not let the defense get set, but seriously everyone watching the game saw are offense was out of sync THE WHOLE NIGHT.

Pop should have called timeout and drawn up a play for an open shot PERIOD no excuses.

Spurlady
11-15-2009, 12:01 AM
Seriously? Pop did the same exact thing last time the Thunder came to San Antonio. We got the ball, and then we just winged it without a timeout, and all we got out of it was a fadeway mid-range jumpshot by Finley, and a loss.

Pretty much the same exact situation, and Pop doesn't call the timeout again, and this time we get a turnover.

What the hell?
Depending on when you are complaining about, the Spurs had no timeouts at the end of the game, so they couldn't call one.

SpursRulez4eVeR
11-15-2009, 12:09 AM
I understand the concept of not calling a timeout in that situation to create an open 3 and not let the defense get set, but seriously everyone watching the game saw are offense was out of sync THE WHOLE NIGHT.

Pop should have called timeout and drawn up a play for an open shot PERIOD no excuses.
seriously.... first you have bonner standing with the ball not knowing what to do in a 2 on 1 fast break , then and most importantly you have RJ lost the ball at the last minute again in a fast break ...WTH

SequSpur
11-15-2009, 12:11 AM
Bonner had a break away dunk and got scared.... :lmao

WTF man? Why is this dude in the NBA? I don't get it...

ShoogarBear
11-15-2009, 12:11 AM
first you have bonner standing with the ball not knowing what to do in a 2 on 1 fast break

That was horrendous.

ElNono
11-15-2009, 12:17 AM
When a game ends up getting decided by a mere few points, like this one, little things like getting easy points from a fastbreak like that end up making a difference.
I'm sure Matt is a great guy, but I have so little doubt he would be glued to the bench in any other serious NBA team.

gospursgojas
11-15-2009, 12:26 AM
Back to the point of this thread...

The play when rj turned the ball over, the spurs did have a time out and it should have been taken.

Regardless though any play that pop would have drawn up would have been for shit if the spurs were gonna turn the ball over right back as they did

Spursmania
11-15-2009, 12:36 AM
Duncan talks about the timeout in his post game video. Sounds like they just screwed up.

JustinJDW
11-15-2009, 12:51 AM
Depending on when you are complaining about, the Spurs had no timeouts at the end of the game, so they couldn't call one.I am talking about after the steal from the inbound pass.