PDA

View Full Version : E-N: Baseline read: Sets of NBA twins

duncan228
11-15-2009, 12:18 AM
Baseline read: Sets of NBA twins (http://www.mysanantonio.com/sports/spurs/Baseline_read_Sets_of_NBA_twins.html)

The announcement this week by Spurs guard Manu Ginobili that he and his wife, Many, are expecting twins raised the delicious prospect that some day there could be an identical pair of Ginobilis in the NBA.

Don’t laugh. There have been six sets of twins who have played multiple seasons in the NBA, including three sets active on rosters this season.

Here is a ranking of the best twins in NBA history, taking the careers of both twins into account:

1. Dick and Tom Van Arsdale: Dick Van Arsdale, a three-time All-Star, played 12 seasons in New York and Phoenix. He had a 16.4 points-per-game career scoring average. Three-time All-Star Tom Van Arsdale played 12 seasons for six teams. Career scoring average: 15.3.

2. Horace and Harvey Grant: Horace, who played in one All-Star Game, won three championship rings as starting power forward for Bulls, 1991-93. Career average: 12.1 ppg. Harvey played 11 seasons for four teams. Career average: 9.9 ppg.

3. Jason and Jarron Collins: A pair of NBA journeymen, both are on new teams this season — Jarron with the Suns, Jason with the Hawks. Jarron’s career scoring average is 4.3 PPG; Jason’s is 4.2 PPG.

4. Robin and Brook Lopez: In just their second NBA seasons, New Jersey’s Robin is regarded as one of the more talented young centers; Phoenix’s Brook seems destined for a journeyman career.

5. Joey and Stephen Graham: Joey, now with Denver, was a first-round pick of the Raptors. Stephen, now with Charlotte, wasn’t drafted. Joey’s career scoring average: 6.4 ppg; Stephen’s: 4.3.

6. Carl and Charles Thomas: Carl played parts of three seasons for four teams. Charles played 36 games in one season with the Pistons.

thispego
11-15-2009, 12:21 AM
Too much info!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I feel like i know all these sets of twins now

Thompson
11-15-2009, 01:08 AM
4. Robin and Brook Lopez:[/B] In just their second NBA seasons, New Jersey’s Robin is regarded as one of the more talented young centers; Phoenix’s Brook seems destined for a journeyman career.

The author shouldn't write about twins if he has trouble keeping them straight.

eisfeld
11-15-2009, 05:32 AM
Haha, I had to read it twice to see if I or the writer was the one not being able to understand that sentence ;)

raspsa
11-15-2009, 07:54 AM
Any triplets?