PDA

View Full Version : Best SNL Skit for a While

ashbeeigh
11-15-2009, 03:30 PM
So simple and stupid. Yet brilliant. And no Andy. Which makes it all the better. From last night. Yes, I was at home last night, watching Saturday Night Live. Kill me now.

owpWnkFtcMM

thispego
11-15-2009, 03:38 PM
a fart skit? :rolleyes

ashbeeigh
11-15-2009, 03:53 PM
a fart skit? :rolleyes

damn right it was a fart skit. I can find the toilet short if you'd like. That one is even classier.

Cant_Be_Faded
11-15-2009, 04:03 PM
Who the hell was that chick hosting last night? never heard of her in my life. It's like, are you someone important? should I know you?

That skit was only half funny cuz of the Jimmy Stuart impersonation. Greatest hitchcock actor ever. Personally I'm more partial to this SNL-jimmy stuart skit.

http://www.videosift.com/video/The-Joe-Pesci-Show-w-Jimmy-Stewart-Jim-Carrey

Joe pesci show, jim carey, former Kids in the hall member. Awesome.

Kermit
11-15-2009, 04:21 PM
What's wrong with your face?

CubanSucks
11-15-2009, 04:58 PM
Great skit, although...are you retarded?! Andy Samberg is literally saving SNL right now with those digital shorts and Lonely Island. Take him away and there is NO big names.

Cant_Be_Faded
11-15-2009, 05:02 PM
Andy Samburg is shit. His skits are slightly smirk-worthy, but overrated like mad. The funniest thing he ever did was Mark Walburg talks to animals. And even that was not laugh out loud funny.

It's been probably about 10 years since i was a SNL P1 but i still believe they will rebound. They just need to find the talent. Kristin Wiig had potential but every skit I see her in now she's just not funny. Seth Meyer at weekend update was always a stupid idea, almost as bad as Jimmy Fallon.

The Reckoning
11-15-2009, 05:06 PM
Seth Meyer at weekend update was always a stupid idea, almost as bad as Jimmy Fallon.

nobody could ever replace norm

ashbeeigh
11-15-2009, 05:16 PM
Great skit, although...are you retarded?! Andy Samberg is literally saving SNL right now with those digital shorts and Lonely Island. Take him away and there is NO big names.

I agree, 10000%. I was saying that I was shocked that it was good because he wasn't in it. I think I mentioned in the Bored to Death thread...oh I did...and you can add Andy to my list.

But, then again, I do have a soft spot for awkward Jewish guys (Jason Swartzman).

CubanSucks
11-15-2009, 05:20 PM
Andy Samburg is shit. His skits are slightly smirk-worthy, but overrated like mad. The funniest thing he ever did was Mark Walburg talks to animals. And even that was not laugh out loud funny.

It's been probably about 10 years since i was a SNL P1 but i still believe they will rebound. They just need to find the talent. Kristin Wiig had potential but every skit I see her in now she's just not funny. Seth Meyer at weekend update was always a stupid idea, almost as bad as Jimmy Fallon.

Judging from this and all your other posts on the South Park thread, it's obvious you have absolutely no sense of humor. Anyone who thinks the Digital Shorts aren't funny...fuck you

CubanSucks
11-15-2009, 05:21 PM
I agree, 10000%. I was saying that I was shocked that it was good because he wasn't in it. I think I mentioned in the Bored to Death thread...oh I did...and you can add Andy to my list.

...my bad

Cant_Be_Faded
11-15-2009, 05:40 PM
Judging from this and all your other posts on the South Park thread, it's obvious you have absolutely no sense of humor. Anyone who thinks the Digital Shorts aren't funny...fuck you

Well if you want to expand the conversation a little bit I thought Home Movies was great. I loved that show.

South Park is a shadow of itself, most who has been watching from the beginning will agree.

The digital shorts are overrated. Chronic-what-cles of narnia? This came out in like 2008. It's like, wow, you are implying that you're stoned, how cutting-edge. Parnel carried that skit as much as burg did. I am not blindly scoffing I've actually gone to hulu and nbc.com to watch these. They're overrated. Like the mavs.

ashbeeigh
11-15-2009, 05:44 PM
...my bad

:) No worries.

td4mvp21
11-15-2009, 05:51 PM
I didn't think last night's show was that funny. I had never even heard of January Jones. I thought she was awkward.

Sense
11-15-2009, 06:24 PM
I did not laugh at all until the end... the whole I feel terrible... thats because youre sick..

other than that it was pretty damn weak.

spursncowboys
11-15-2009, 07:02 PM
great skit, although...are you retarded?! Andy samberg is literally saving snl right now with those digital shorts and lonely island. Take him away and there is no big names.
+1

spursncowboys
11-15-2009, 07:05 PM
ILvkEHQPHHg

Cant_Be_Faded
11-15-2009, 07:37 PM
ILvkEHQPHHg

it's funny because people are getting sucker punched right?

brilliant!

ashbeeigh
11-15-2009, 07:53 PM
it's funny because people are getting sucker punched right?

brilliant!

Well, that and Andy dances in the end. Anything where Andy dances is amazing. Whenever Space Chimps is on I watch it just for the part where the little chimp that he does the voice for dances with the bubble things...yep. The animated movie.

And if you all haven't found TLI's youtube channel it has all their shorts....I mean back to the very first one from like 2003. It's a real time killer. And Awesometown is full of win.

WnvQjXxO4NE

DPG21920
11-15-2009, 09:31 PM
It is the cool thing to hate on Andy now. He is funny. Hotrod is a great movie. Dick in a box and jizz in my pants are both hilarious.

Dr. Gonzo
11-15-2009, 10:03 PM
nobody could ever replace norm

God dammit you go that shit right. Norm is the best Weekend Update anchor ever.

Well if you want to expand the conversation a little bit I thought Home Movies was great. I loved that show.

South Park is a shadow of itself, most who has been watching from the beginning will agree.

The digital shorts are overrated. Chronic-what-cles of narnia? This came out in like 2008. It's like, wow, you are implying that you're stoned, how cutting-edge. Parnel carried that skit as much as burg did. I am not blindly scoffing I've actually gone to hulu and nbc.com to watch these. They're overrated. Like the mavs.

This post is the pure truth.

It is the cool thing to hate on Andy now. He is funny. Hotrod is a great movie. Dick in a box and jizz in my pants are both hilarious.

Dick in a box is mildly amusing but the Jizz in My Pants is just stupid. There is nothing funny about it. Also, Hotrod is not a great movie.

GINNNNNNNNNNNNOBILI
11-15-2009, 10:36 PM
Hotrod was damn funny

Cant_Be_Faded
11-15-2009, 10:39 PM
Chevy Chase always said Norm McDonald did Weekend Update "the way it was supposed to be done".

My brain had not even been fully developed and I knew I was watching greatness when Norm did the news. It was like watching Duncan in the 2003 season.

DPG21920
11-15-2009, 11:07 PM
Also, Hotrod is not a great movie.

Not my fault if you don't think a movie who's premise is that a kid wants to raise money for a heart surgery to keep his step dad alive just so he can kick his ass when he gets better, is not great.

lefty
11-15-2009, 11:12 PM
http://www.istockphoto.com/file_thumbview_approve/1954017/2/istockphoto_1954017-scary-monster-face.jpg

ashbeeigh
11-15-2009, 11:46 PM
Also, Hotrod is not a great movie.

Yet another reason i don't like Dr. Gonzo.

Jacob1983
11-16-2009, 12:36 AM
January Jones is on a TV show called Mad Men. I believe it has won two Emmys for Best Drama. It comes on a channel called AMC. Ever heard of it?

I'm on a boat is my probably favorite digital short on SNL. I also liked the "Dear Sister" one too. That one was hilarious.

Personally, I wouldn't hate on January Jones. When you're on a show like Mad Men, it's probably hard to not be serious. I bet it was difficult for her to shift from drama to comedy.

Cant_Be_Faded
11-16-2009, 01:22 AM
I have heard of madmen but this bitch was worthless

might as well have put zack galifinakis on there.

Fpoonsie
11-16-2009, 03:43 AM
I dunno. I liked Hot Rod a lot.

However, years ago, I liked Dirty Work even more...and YES, Norm MacDonald is irreplaceable.

Soul_Patch
11-16-2009, 10:18 AM
SnL sucked ass this weekend...the skits i saw before i turned it off were awkward and not even remotely funny.

The lesbo chick interviewer...wtf...was it trying to be funny? i didnt get it.

The fart skit? Was funny for about the first 5 farts...then i felt like, wtf...fart jokes are only funny if they are quick...they drug it out WAY too long.

The Kathy lee thing...i guess was funny for about the first minute or so, then, once again, drug out way too long.

Jacob1983
11-16-2009, 02:46 PM
I'm sure January Jones appreciates you saying she's worthless. Sounds like you were expecting too much from her. Besides, SNL can't be hilarious every episode. The episode that was probably the funniest in recent years was probably last year when Ben Affleck hosted it.

panic giraffe
11-16-2009, 03:00 PM
the fart skit sucked. bad. part of the continuing decline of snl.
zack galifinakis would have been golden, so far almost all the hosts this season have sucked, its like lorne is too busy trying to woo future viewers... i mean come on, tammy swift last week? shit was beyond weak.
samberg is hit and miss, sometimes its funny and brilliant like "dick in a box" "on a boat" "dear sister", others its just stupid "daiquiri girl" anytime he does an impression.
seth was good when he had amy, not like norm, dennis, or chevy good, but tolerable. now he just sucks, but he's also the head writer now, so i don't see that changing until they can him.
whig can be funny, depending on how stoned i am.
they honestly just need to replace most of the cast and all of the writers.

CuckingFunt
11-16-2009, 04:09 PM
Saturday Night Live hasn't been funny in years. The cast sucks now, which makes it even worse, but the writing has been shit since... can't even remember the year, but for me that show really started going downhill with the cast that included Will Ferrel and Cheri Oteri.

thispego
11-16-2009, 04:15 PM

Fnny Ass Shit. Laugh out loud funny for me. I liked lazy sundae (chronicle of narnia) at fuirst becaus eit was one of the first digital shorts. On a boat was mildly entertaining only cause i watched it after i went tubing with some freinds in new braunsfels and they kept yelling how they were on a boat.

G-Nob
11-16-2009, 04:44 PM
If you know what good tv is, you who January Jones is. I'll admit the only funny bit was the instructional film on entertaining guests in the 1950s. She is perfect in that role of "proper housewife" which is probably why she is so good on MM.

Fart jokes? Too cheap to use for easy laughs. The Dr Jekyl bit wasn't terrible but this episode's humor tended to focus more on gay jokes and fart jokes which is kind of a give up on creativity. Some of the digital shorts are hits and misses. I did like the "I threw it on the ground" bit from a few weeks ago.

phyzik
11-16-2009, 05:39 PM
I havnt watched SNL since Chris Farley.

qgEVUWIwNLw

CubanSucks
11-16-2009, 06:42 PM
Norm McDonald? Seriously? Listening to him talk is like nails on a chalkboard.

CubanSucks
11-16-2009, 06:45 PM

Anyone who loves Home Movies is alright by me. Don't know why the fuck Adult Swim stopped showing it all of a sudden. That was one of the originals

DPG21920
11-16-2009, 07:41 PM
Mark talks to animals is so damn hilarious it is not even funny.

Frenzy
11-16-2009, 08:02 PM
even if SNL was getting better no way the oldies would admit it. It was their glory days. Nothing is ever gonna be better than the "old ones" People always pick at everything..music movies... tv shows. If i find it funny it's funny...why they always gotta be some one saying "oh it's not funny like the old ones" :rolleyes get over it jeeeze.

thispego
11-16-2009, 09:18 PM
I'm only 26 and SNL stopped being funny during and after will ferrel

thispego
11-16-2009, 09:19 PM
i do like a few of the new people, though, the writing is still atrocious. I could make funnier skits.

Cant_Be_Faded
11-17-2009, 01:04 AM
Anyone who loves Home Movies is alright by me. Don't know why the fuck Adult Swim stopped showing it all of a sudden. That was one of the originals

me chode regulator and mookie used to get stoned and watch home movies all the time.

Then one day I was like "Hey chode regulator, remember how the first few seasons of Home Movies were in squiggle?"
And he'd be like, "What are you talking about?"
"You know, how the lines of the characters were squiggly, like that Dr. Katz show? I wonder why they changed it."
"I have no idea what you're talking about. Squiggle? You mean they weren't straight lines? I don't remember that at all. I don't get it. Squiggle?"
"Yes dude instead of straight lines the lines were squiggly, like they were constantly moving."
"I have no idea what you're talking about."

rofl
They still show reruns every once in a while, AS is always changing their lineup. Do you watch Metalocalypse? One of my favorite shows right now.

CubanSucks
11-17-2009, 01:19 AM
me chode regulator and mookie used to get stoned and watch home movies all the time.

Then one day I was like "Hey chode regulator, remember how the first few seasons of Home Movies were in squiggle?"
"You know, how the lines of the characters were squiggly, like that Dr. Katz show? I wonder why they changed it."
"I have no idea what you're talking about. Squiggle? You mean they weren't straight lines? I don't remember that at all. I don't get it. Squiggle?"
"Yes dude instead of straight lines the lines were squiggly, like they were constantly moving."

rofl
They still show reruns every once in a while, AS is always changing their lineup. Do you watch Metalocalypse? One of my favorite shows right now.

King of the Hill, Robot Chicken and Home Movies are the only ones I truly like. I'll watch Sealab 2021 (if it's even on anymore?) and Aqua Teen occasionally.

Viva Las Espuelas
11-17-2009, 02:10 AM
the first 5 seasons are the only seasons that mattered. period.

IronMexican
11-17-2009, 02:18 AM

rofl

Mission Hill was a good show, but they only had like 15 episodes aired from when it was on UPN(Now called something else. I forget)

Metalocalypse is a cool show, but I wont go out of my way to watch it.

jaffies
11-17-2009, 02:47 AM
the first 5 seasons are the only seasons that mattered. period.

Eddie Murphy, Phil Hartman, Martin Short, Mike Myers, Dana Carvey, Jon Lovitz, Chris Farley, Adam Sandler, Tim Meadows, Chris Rock, Robert Smigel, Will Ferrell, Norm MacDonald, and Tracy Morgan

say "Hi".

J.T.
11-17-2009, 05:36 AM
Tracy Morgan stopped being funny when he played the gay inmate in The Longest Yard remake and that was a long ass time ago.