PDA

View Full Version : Thoughts on our beloved Mavs tonight

Ghazi
11-15-2009, 08:42 PM
A good win for our beloved Mavs, and a testament to our new found depth and defense given the poor shooting nights of JET and Dirk and absence of J-Ho... although Dirk was good in the 4th.

Speaking of Dirk's cold shooting, is it alarming that he's shooting less than 44% through 10 games this year? I suppose it's a small sample size to determine anything though, and he's made up for it by getting to the line more.

Booby for ROY

Pistons < Spurs
11-15-2009, 08:43 PM
congrats on the win.

quentin_compson
11-15-2009, 08:50 PM
Congrats, but are you serious? This game was a pretty bad one by both teams. Defense was about the level of the Spurs-Raptors game, only the offense was a lot worse.

Dallas was lucky that the Pistons were playing even dumber than they were. Nowitzki/Gooden might work out OK on the offensive end, but it's a fucking disgrace on D. Bynum was getting whatever he wanted in the paint.

Overall, Nowitzki didn't shoot very well, but he made some vital baskets down the stretch.

dallaskd
11-15-2009, 09:31 PM
Roddy is going to be a fucking beast. On the other side of the floor, I think Bynum will be an all star in the next 3 years. Dude is a playmaker. That was a nice pick for Detroit.

DPG21920
11-15-2009, 09:33 PM
lol at Bynum being an all-star. Just because a guy lights up your team when you watch does not make him an all-star. That would be like me saying JJ Barea will be an all-star, that guys is a play maker.

Roddy looks solid, but he has a long way to go.

dallaskd
11-15-2009, 09:39 PM
lol at Bynum being an all-star. Just because a guy lights up your team when you watch does not make him an all-star. That would be like me saying JJ Barea will be an all-star, that guys is a play maker.

Roddy looks solid, but he has a long way to go.

He's been doing it all year. Better than Devin Harris was in his second year..

mogrovejo
11-15-2009, 09:42 PM
He's been doing it all year. Better than Devin Harris was in his second year..

Devin Harris should never have been an All-Star though. Incredibly over-rated.

Bynum is nowhere All-Star material either, great guard to bring off-the-bench to score a bunch of points though.

Beaubois is a solid combo-guard, but still has to learn the PG job.

dallaskd
11-15-2009, 09:43 PM
I said in 3 years.. Thats a long time to develop..

mogrovejo
11-15-2009, 10:02 PM
Bynum is almost 27 years old and has like 4 seasons of pro basketball under his belt. He won't be much better than he already is. He's basically at his peak.

Darrin
11-15-2009, 10:04 PM
Good win for the Mavs. They went to the boards and locked-down defensively. The Pistons losing Stuckey, who had the hot-hand with 28 points, was devastating for the final 4 minutes. The way the Mavs closed out the 3rd quarter was heart-breaking for me. Wonderful play by Dirk to get the ball back.

But the most frustrating question of the night is: WHO THE F IS RODRIQUE BEAUBOIS AND WHY IS HE BEATING THE PISTONS SINGLE-HANDEDLY?!? That dude was the first-quarter offense, and the guy who gave the lead back to the Mavs in the third quarter. He's the MVP of this one.