PDA

View Full Version : Oh, Oh, Part Deux: Mouse's Downfall

Nbadan
04-20-2005, 01:38 AM
Republican Congressman James Sensenbrenner has launched his next assault on freedom. The full House Judiciary Committee is set to vote as early as next week on H.R. 1528, which creates a new group of mandatory miniumum penalties for non-violent drug offenses, including a five year penalty for passing a joint to someone who's been in drug treatment.

That's right: Passing a joint to someone who used to be in drug treatment will land you in federal prison for a minimum of five years.

The "Defending America's Most Vulnerable: Safe Access to Drug Treatment and Child Protection Act of 2005" (H.R. 1528) was introduced by House Judiciary Committee Chairman James Sensenbrenner (R-WI) on April 6, and it has already passed out of the House Judiciary Subcommittee on Crime, Terrorism, and Homeland Security.

We warned you about this bill last September. It's now coming home to roost. Please visit here to e-mail your U.S. representative and two U.S. senators today. Stop this bill in its tracks.

Rense (http://www.rense.com/general64/fdei.htm)

The bill also imposes a mandatory 10 year sentence on anyone who provides a small amount of marijuana to a person under 18. So if your 18-year-old son shares a joint with his 17-year-old girlfriend, he could go to jail for longer than a rapist!

Drachen
04-20-2005, 01:57 AM
well then, they better not have sex, or itll be "get a rope"

Experiment2100
04-20-2005, 09:16 AM
hopefully all these gay-ass laws will convince the police not to enforce them

Unless the perpatrator is black, mexican, muslim, or any other non-white culture.

Clandestino
04-20-2005, 09:23 AM
it's simple... don't possess, use, share or distribute ILLEGAL drugs and you have nothing to worry about...

Experiment2100
04-20-2005, 09:28 AM
it's simple... don't possess, use, share or distribute ILLEGAL drugs and you have nothing to worry about...

Yeah but when people get caught with it, it becomes a stupid law.

Guru of Nothing
04-20-2005, 09:44 AM

Do you pay taxes?

Clandestino
04-20-2005, 09:45 AM
Do you pay taxes?

what kind of question is that?

Clandestino
04-20-2005, 09:46 AM
Yeah but when people get caught with it, it becomes a stupid law.

simple, don't use drugs and you won't get caught with it... the laws enough should be a deterent for you.

GoldToe
04-20-2005, 09:54 AM
Laws on pot are ridiculous.
Child abusers get less time when busted.
A little weed, less than an ounce, should be a misdemeanor.

Guru of Nothing
04-20-2005, 10:01 AM
what kind of question is that?

Prisoners are not going to pay the bills for their incarceration.

As a taxpayer, I'd rather we spent BILLIONS AND BILLIONS of dollars on something else.

Don't fool yourself into thinking it does not affect you.

Clandestino
04-20-2005, 10:07 AM
Prisoners are not going to pay the bills for their incarceration.

As a taxpayer, I'd rather we spent BILLIONS AND BILLIONS of dollars on something else.

Don't fool yourself into thinking it does not affect you.

but i was saying.. of course i pay taxes...

but i'd also have to pay taxes for the pothead mother on welfare or deadbeat father, etc... regardless, drug users are a burden to society.. we will pay for them one way or another. whether is it them fathering children, bringing kids into the world with stunted brains, or committing crimes to buy drugs.. whatever.. we will pay for them in some way, shape or form...

Experiment2100
04-20-2005, 10:14 AM
If they don't want to risk going to jail then why do the crime?

Guru of Nothing
04-20-2005, 10:47 AM

The same reason people risked jail for drinking alcohol during prohibition - they do it for the buzz. I'm sure you knew this.

Spurminator
04-20-2005, 10:54 AM

That's backward logic. It's a stupid law.

If congress proposed a bill to ban the use of the word "milk" on punishment of a year in prison, would your response be... "Hey, as long as you don't say 'Milk' you've got nothing to worry about"?

Bandit2981
04-20-2005, 10:57 AM
If congress proposed a bill to ban the use of the word "milk" on punishment of a year in prison, would your response be... "Hey, as long as you don't say 'Milk' you've got nothing to worry about"?
:lol
or like the old joke about going to the doctor and saying "it hurts when i do this!" and the doctor says, "well quit doing that" :lol

mouse
04-20-2005, 01:07 PM
Sorry they are to late. I ran out of weed over a week ago, And since I have gone smokeless? I figured I may as well stay this way since I am waiting for Toyota to call me for an interview.

Funny how the folks who make all these new laws always leave alcohol out of the picture, To me a Bottle of Wild turkey can do more damage then if I smoke a whole bag of weed, I bet most of the folks in this forum who are anti Weed drink like Dean Martin.

Ask yourself this..If you had a choice of which Bus Driver would take you on that long 12 hour bus ride to Florida which would you choose?

The one who is smoking a joint? Or the one bus driver who is drinking scotch?

sleep well and have a safe trip.

http://www.boomspeed.com/woaimouse/a-4.jpg

bigzak25
04-20-2005, 02:05 PM
And since I have gone smokeless? I figured I may as well stay this way since I am waiting for Toyota to call me for an interview.

don't hold your breath bro....toyota is doing blood and hair analysis as well...and unless you plan to cut that mop off your head...your screwed once again...

other than that, i think you make valid points mouse....and i think these laws are ridiculous. but i'm just a pothead on welfare...so what do i know. :smokin

hey mouse, i've never been in drug treatment, so it's cool...keep passin that shit.

Clandestino
04-20-2005, 02:07 PM
Sorry they are to late. I ran out of weed over a week ago, And since I have gone smokeless? I figured I may as well stay this way since I am waiting for Toyota to call me for an interview.

Funny how the folks who make all these new laws always leave alcohol out of the picture, To me a Bottle of Wild turkey can do more damage then if I smoke a whole bag of weed, I bet most of the folks in this forum who are anti Weed drink like Dean Martin.

Ask yourself this..If you had a choice of which Bus Driver would take you on that long 12 hour bus ride to Florida which would you choose?

The one who is smoking a joint? Or the one bus driver who is drinking scotch?

sleep well and have a safe trip.

http://www.boomspeed.com/woaimouse/a-4.jpg

what about a bus driver who had one drink or smoked 1 joint?

and mouse... if that picture of you smoking dope is not enough to get people to stop doing drugs i don't know what is!

bigzak25
04-20-2005, 02:10 PM
i would not be opposed to conducting some tests regarding response time with regard to weed vs. alcohol....all in the name of science and safety mind you....but uh....who's buying?

oh, and it will have to be a closed course away from des's neighborhood. :smokin :p

desflood
04-20-2005, 02:17 PM
Hah hah! What you do in your house behind your door is none of my damn business, and we'd all rather keep it that way. When you're on the same street as my kids, though, then it is my business. :nope

desflood
04-20-2005, 02:18 PM
And actually, if you've got good booze, you can pass some my way, thank you very much :drunk

Shelly
04-20-2005, 02:42 PM
Laws on pot are ridiculous.
Child abusers get less time when busted.
A little weed, less than an ounce, should be a misdemeanor.

Weed should be legal to begin with.

MannyIsGod
04-20-2005, 02:51 PM
If weed was legal, Ambien would be useless.

mookie2001
04-20-2005, 09:26 PM
the DEA and all law enforcement of the drug laws, creates bigger profits for drug dealers
and drug laws enforcement is based largely on snitches and informants, which compromises the integrity of every trial
plus the most important fact, is that government agencies local and federal spend more money per year fighting illegal drugs than they drug trade even brings in

marijuana is the most popular illegal drug

and the most dominant