PDA

View Full Version : 48MoH: Andrew Bynum is a Game-Changer

Blackjack
11-16-2009, 02:49 AM
Andrew Bynum is a Game-Changer
by Timothy Varner

During the offseason, I suggested that the Lakers had begun a movement of super-contenders by changing the model for winning an NBA championship from 3 stars and a bunch of role players to a 5 star, get-out-our-way template. To make this thesis work, I considered Andrew Bynum a star player. Many readers took exception. “Andrew Bynum, heh! What has he ever done?”

Keep reading → (http://www.48minutesofhell.com/2009/11/15/andrew-bynum-is-a-game-changer/)

HarlemHeat37
11-16-2009, 03:05 AM
Bynum is one of the best offensive big men in the NBA, so it's definitely going to be worrisome from a defensive standpoint, but our entire defense sucks right now anyways, so we have other things to worry about first..

He has clear flaws though, and the Lakers are going to have some chemistry problems when Gasol returns..Bynum rarely passes the ball, Laker fans know him as a black hole..he also abuses the 3-second rule more than any big man I've ever seen, so it'll be interesting how long that continues..

Kobe's having a peak of efficiency so far this season, and it's coming mostly inside..the problem with that is that there's no way the Lakers can run the same plays when Gasol returns..they already had occasional spacing issues when both Gasol and Bynum were in together, so it's going to be interesting how they look when Gasol returns, and what kind of plays they will be running..

There's only 1 ball though..

Anyways, we shouldn't be worrying about the Lakers right now..our team isn't playing well right now, and we're far from the Lakers, even if they don't look great either..hopefully we can worry about the Lakers in February/March..right now, we aren't anywhere near that level..

Danny.Zhu
11-16-2009, 03:12 AM
The Spurs could benefit long term by finding line ups that effectively force their opponents small. Otherwise, big for big, they’re currently a man short.

That could be the only reason for the small ball. So

IronMexican
11-16-2009, 03:18 AM
A lot of haters were calling Brooke Lopez a better player than him. Pretty hard to believe he's still only 22. Feels like he's been with the Lakers forever.

HarlemHeat37
11-16-2009, 03:21 AM
To be fair, Kobe didn't think shit of Bynum either..

TDMVPDPOY
11-16-2009, 03:27 AM
so where was he last nite?

IronMexican
11-16-2009, 03:28 AM
To be fair, Kobe didn't think shit of Bynum either..

I'm not talking about the 2007 Summer. I am talking about this past off-season. Everyone was writing Bynum off because he didn't play well at all in the Finals. People said LA made a lateral move with Ariza to Artest and I said Bynum will improve. People laughed at me when I said that. Can't find that thread.