PDA

View Full Version : Texas Longhorns Men's Basketball

Bukefal
11-16-2009, 07:04 AM
UC Irvine - Texas: 89-42

47 point lead :lol Nice game. Anyone else saw the game? Damion james is awesome, I can't wait for this guy to enter the NBA.

This season is going to be nice, James is back, Pittman is back doing good and Bradley joining this season, he is a great player, with some nice dunks.

http://www.texassports.com/sports/m-baskbl/recaps/111509aaa.html

MajorMike
11-16-2009, 10:39 AM
James? Wasn't he supposed to go to atm?

Whisky Dog
11-16-2009, 12:39 PM
James? Wasn't he supposed to go to atm?

Oklahoma. But he changed his mind after the whole Kelvin Sampson debacle.

That team looks stout - very long and extremely deep. Adding Bradley, Jordan Hamilton, Shawn Williams, and Brown to the core of James, Pittman, Justin Mason, and the much improved Vares Ward makes a very long, extremely athletic and talented group. Throw in Dogus Balbay as an experienced PG and Alexis Wangmene/Gary Johnson and it's a team that rivals Kansas for most depth in the country. KU vs UT in Austin will be a legendary battle this year.

That '06 recruiting class by Barnes could win the NT this year single handedly if they were still entact - DJ Agustine, Damion James, Justin Mason, Matt Hill, Dexter Pittman, and some obscure guy named Kevin Durant. That'd be a filthy lineup as seniors.

Whisky Dog
11-16-2009, 12:43 PM
They also get Florida transfer and former SEC all freshman 3 pt shooter Jai Lucas eligible around the middle of December.

Regarding the game yesterday, it was 21-19 at one point before UT shook the newness off and blew it open. The sheer number of team blocks they had was impressive.

mookie2001
11-16-2009, 01:13 PM
yeah it was on tv after the 2009 MAAC soccer championship

the whole team is going to ball out of control

im a jcovan man myself.

Ballcox
11-16-2009, 02:50 PM
Continuing on the UT basketball info, Barnes got the commit from Tristan Thompson, 6'9 PF/C out of Nevada. Ranked as one of the top 5-10 players in the country. The talent keeps pouring in, gotta love it.

Bukefal
11-16-2009, 05:01 PM
http://grfx.cstv.com/photos/schools/tex/sports/m-baskbl/auto_action/3888873.jpegPOSTGAME NOTES
TEAM
• Improved to 85-19 in season openers, including 10-2 in openers under Rick Barnes
• Improved to 89-15 in home openers, including a 28-5 mark since moving to the Erwin Center
• Improved to 62-5 at the Erwin Center in the last five seasons (dating back to the start of the 2005-06 season) and 152-20 at the Erwin Center under Rick Barnes
• Texas held UC Irvine scoreless from the 10:05 mark of the first half until the 0:53 mark of the first half (9:12), recording a 21-0 run during the stretch
• Improved to 11-5 all-time against current members of the Big West Conference
• Defense held an opponent under 50 points in an opener for the fourth consecutive season
• Has outscored opponents by an average of 37.3 points over the last six season openers
• Outshot the Anteaters .565-.274 for the game, including .667-.206 in the second half

Dogus Balbay
• Balbay logged 6 assists without a turnover in 19 minutes

Avery Bradley
• Made his first collegiate appearance at the 16:00 mark of the first half
• Reached double figures in scoring (10 points) for the first time in his career

J’COVAN BROWN
• Made his first career start and became the 24th freshman in UT history to start a season-opener
• Reached double figures in scoring (13 points) for the first time in his career

Jordan Hamilton
• Made his first collegiate appearance at the 14:37 mark of the first half
• Reached double figures in scoring (12 points) for the first time in his career

Damion James
• Scored 10 or more points for the 70th time in 109 career game
• Scored 20 or more points for the first time this season and the 11th time in his career
• Logged 10 or more rebounds for the 49th time in his career
• Logged 15 or more rebounds for the first time this season and the ninth time in his career
• Recorded his first double-double of the season and the 38th of his career
• Ended the game with 1,327 points, passing Lance Blanks (1,322 – 1989-90) for 17th place on the UT career scoring list
• Improved his career rebound total to 983, just 17 shy of becoming the third player in school history to log 1,000 rebounds.

Dexter Pittman
• Scored 10 or more points for the 19th time in 101 career games
• Scored 20 or more points for the first time this season and fourth time in his career
• Logged a career-high 10 field goals made (10-of-11), having previously made nine on two separate occasions

Alexis Wangmene
• Played in his first game since Nov. 26, 2008 (vs. Oregon)

Varez Ward
• Made his second career start (Arkansas – Jan. 6, 2009)
• Logged 4 assists without a turnover in 19 minutes

Shawn Williams
• Made his first collegiate appearance at the 4:15 mark of the first half

Bukefal
11-16-2009, 05:04 PM
Next game: Western Carolina vs. Texas

9:00 PM ET, November 18, 2009
Frank Erwin Special Events Center, Austin, TX

elbamba
11-17-2009, 01:38 PM
Pitman looked like a beast but he still needs to drop 20-30 lbs to play in the NBA.

Whisky Dog
11-17-2009, 03:09 PM
Not necessarily, I think he could easily develop into a good bench big giving 20 min a game without losing much more weight. His conditioning has been improving and is pretty good right now.

That said all I need him to do is dominate college kids on the block for the next 5+ months

The Reckoning
11-17-2009, 03:11 PM
my roommate accidently closed the elevator on rick barnes the other day.

he was having a really shitty day.

Bukefal
11-17-2009, 03:30 PM
Tristan thompson is a great addition. It would have been nice to get Josh Smith, but he is probably going to UCLA.

Spursfan092120
11-17-2009, 07:21 PM
This team makes me

http://i511.photobucket.com/albums/s354/BlckPrl_album/I_jizz_in_my_pants_by_HOLIMOUNT.jpg

Cant_Be_Faded
11-17-2009, 09:11 PM
lol jcovan

talk about a guy who looked like he wasn't ready for the big stage. looked like a turnover machine out there. Only reason mookie is all over him before even seeing him play this last weekend is because he's from port arthur and he feels obligated.

Shooters on the team makes Balbay look like poor man's ginobili. This team is going to combine the athleticism and elite talent of a kansas team with the defensive ferociousness of the gillespie A&M teams.

rjv
11-18-2009, 11:29 AM
texas should finish 2nd in the big XII this year.

Bukefal
11-19-2009, 06:54 AM
Western Carolina - Texas: 41-73

Nice game, Damion James did great, again.

http://grfx.cstv.com/photos/schools/tex/sports/m-baskbl/auto_action/3915073.jpeg
POSTGAME NOTES
TEAM
• Started the season 2-0 for the seventh consecutive year and the 10th time in 12 years under Coach Barnes
• Improved to 63-5 at the Erwin Center in the last five seasons (dating back to the start of the 2005-06 season) and 153-20 at the Erwin Center under Rick Barnes
• Improved to 7-3 all-time against current members of the Southern Conference
• Texas held the opponents in their first two games to a combined 100 points or less for the third consecutive year and the fourth time in five seasons
• Texas held a double-digit rebounding advantage (47-32) for the second time this season
• Outshot the Catamounts .532-.262 for the game, including .500-.226 in the second half
• The Longhorns are holding opponents to .215 (14-of-65) shooting from the field in the second half of games this season
• The Longhorns have held opponents to under .300 shooting in three of four halves this season
• The Longhorns have held opponents to .173 (5-of-29) shooting from three-point range through two games
• The Longhorns have held opponents under 25 points in all four halves this season

J'Covan Brown
• Reached double figures in scoring (10 points) for the second time in his career

Jordan Hamilton
• Grabbed a career-high six rebounds

Damion James
• Reached double figures in scoring (18 points) for second time this season and the 71st time in 110 career games
• Led Texas in scoring for the second time this season and the 16th time in his career
• Improved his career rebound total to 990, just 10 shy of becoming the third player in school history to log 1,000 rebounds

Gary Johnson
• Reached double figures in scoring (10 points) for the first time this season and the 22nd time in 56 career games
• Grabbed his most rebounds (seven) since UT's 71-49 win at Texas Tech on Jan. 17, 2009

Varez Ward
• Reached double figures in scoring (10 points) for the first time this season and the third time in 34 career games

Ballcox
11-19-2009, 12:32 PM
I tell ya, Bradley made a play in the first half last night that had me jumping out of my chair and looking around my empty living room to ask if anybody just saw what I saw.

Backs the ball up on the right elbow, hesitates, then blows by to the right of his defender, elevates against the W. Carolina post player and just throws it DOWN. Completely posterized the dude.

It's just one of those plays you don't see from many players. Reminds me of the first time I saw TJ Ford dish a nasty assist, Vince Young bust some insane run, etc. Bradley is going to be one hell of a player.

And it also looks like J'Covan found his game last night as well, that kid is a natural scorer, also threw out some nice assists that several times guys weren't even ready for. Main question now is how does Barnes divide up the minutes?

Whisky Dog
11-19-2009, 01:08 PM
That is such a raw force - last night they were sloppy as hell offensively, throught the game it felt like the score was much closer than it was because they were so sloppy, but the most exciting thing was the defense. They have the potential to be defensive beaaaasts this year.

To me what needs to happen is Avery needs to start carving out a bigger role. We know what James and Pittman bring, but to be a true NC contender if not fav they need Bradley and JCovan to really step up and produce. The talent is there, they just need to find their roles.

Whisky Dog
11-25-2009, 01:17 AM
It's not often you can say a Pitt team got out muscled, but Texas just did that. Not the same Pitt team without the beast and Sam Young, but still a tough Dixon coached team. Avery Bradley and Dogus Balbay played about the best one on one defense on and off the ball I've ever seen for a full game on star guards.

BTW, how the Hell did Varez Ward fuck his knee up in warmups?

j-6
11-25-2009, 01:35 AM
What happened? I thought Pitt was up at the half.

Cant_Be_Faded
11-25-2009, 01:44 AM
Texas dominated the first half, suffocated them with defense for 15 minutes.

then they relaxed a bit, the seniors made sloppy mistakes, we had nothing resembling an offensive rhythm (give credit to pitt D), oh yeah, we missed like 6 free throws in 3 minute span, Pitt hits a few threes and they're up.
Then in second half they just looked gassed, Dogus was mini-manu out there, we hit some threes, just overpowered them.

Good game. Would have been a total domination had we hit anything close to acceptable % of free throws.

K-State Spur
11-25-2009, 07:55 AM
Horns looked stout in this tournament - no doubt. Whole conference looks like it's going to be playing at a much higher level than last year.

Whisky Dog
11-25-2009, 10:40 AM
The 3 main things this team needs is 1) Learn to keep intensity throughout the whole game without letting up and giving teams the green light to go on runs. 2) Get some offensive flow and identity. Too much one on one with almost no ball movement at times led to difficult ass shots and offensive droughts. 3) Make some free throws. Especially Pittman and James who will be there a lot.

Ballcox
11-25-2009, 11:11 AM
Varez hurt his knee in warmups if you can believe that. And it looks like he's out for the season. But, with J. Lucas eligible to play pretty soon I'm not really worried. Give Varez a medical redshirt for this season and he'll just add to the depth next season.

As for last night, FT shooting has been in past seasons and continues to be this season a problem. I don't know what it is about UT basketball, but it seems every season we have issues at the FT line.

I also agree with above posters about the defense. Bradley with his long arms and athleticism can just lock guys down completely. And the overall potential for this team with defensive play is through the roof. They're going to be outstanding on defense all season.

Just need to work on patience and ball movement on the offensive end, also not forgetting about post/interior play. I'm just really looking forward to watching this team grow and develop throughout the season.

LOL texans
11-25-2009, 11:56 AM
Continuing on the UT basketball info, Barnes got the commit from Tristan Thompson, 6'9 PF/C out of Nevada. Ranked as one of the top 5-10 players in the country. The talent keeps pouring in, gotta love it.

Barnes has done such a good job of getting talent to come to U.T. But he needs to deliver some glory to the program

I just hope he doesn't leave for a bigger program.

Bukefal
11-25-2009, 07:51 PM
Nice game it was! Gotta love Damion James, he is awesome. Balbay on fire, niceee

http://grfx.cstv.com/photos/schools/tex/sports/m-baskbl/auto_action/3962497.jpeg
POSTGAME NOTES
TEAM
• Started the season 4-0 for the fifth time in the last eight years
• Scored 70 or more points in each of the first four games of the season for the first time since the 2004-05 season
• Texas has had four players score 10 or more points in all four games this season
• Texas had five players score 10 or more points for the third time this season
• Outshot the Hawkeyes .527-.400 for the game, including .654-.367 in the second half
• The Longhorns have shot over .500 from the field in all four games this season
• The Longhorns shot a combined .660 (35-of-53) from the field in the second halves of their two games in Kansas City and have shot better than .600 in the second half of three games this season

Dogus Balbay
• Reached double figures in scoring (10 points) for the first time this season and the fourth time in his career
• Equaled a career high with eight rebounds, matching his total against Oklahoma at home last season (2-21-09)

Avery Bradley
• Reached double figures in scoring (10 points) for the third time in his career
• Played a career-high 29 minutes, topping his 23 minutes of action against Iowa in the previous game

J’COVAN BROWN
• Reached double figures in scoring (12 points) for the fourth time in his career
• Equaled a career high with three assists, matching his total against Western Carolina
• Played a career-high 23 minutes, topping the 21 minutes of action he saw in each of the first two games of the season

Damion James
• Named O’Reilly Auto Parts CBE Classic Most Valuable Player
• Reached double figures in scoring (20 points) for fourth time this season and the 73rd time in 112 career games
• Scored 20 or more points for the second time this season and the 12th time in his career
• Led team in scoring for the third time this season and the 17th time in his career
• Increased his career points total to 1,375 to move within two points of Larry Robinson (1,377 – 1972-74) for 16th place on the UT career scoring list
• Increased his career rebound total to 1,011 to move within four of Nebraska’s Aleks Maric (1,015 – 2005-08) for fifth place on the Big 12 Conference career rebounding list

Dexter Pittman
• Named to O’Reilly Auto Parts CBE Classic All-Tournament Team
• Reached double figures in scoring (10 points) for the third time this season and the 21st time in 104 career games

Varez Ward
• Sustained right knee injury during pre-game warm-ups and was unable to play

Bukefal
02-03-2010, 06:55 AM
First Take: Hamilton Breaks Out
While Connecticut has its work cut out.
by Joey Whelan

Few people knew who Jordan Hamilton was coming into this season, even fewer knew what he was capable of. The blue chip recruit from Dominguez HS hadn’t played his senior season (that’s a long story) but was still considered a top ten player in his class when he arrived at Texas along with fellow stud Avery Bradley. Thus the Longhorns featured a pair of super talented freshman and a pair of impact seniors in Dexter Pittman and Damion James. Of those four, only Hamilton had failed to put together a standout performance. That is, until last night.

With his team in danger of losing for the fourth time in five tries, the 6-7 swingman put the team on his shoulders and took over, scoring a career-high 27 points in leading Texas to a much needed win over a pesky Oklahoma State team. Hamilton entered the game with just under 14 minutes remaining in the first half and promptly blocked a shot attempt by the Cowboy’s Fred Gulley, corralled the rebound and knocked down a jumper at the other end of the floor. He lit it up from the perimeter as well, connecting on 5-of-8 attempts, to spark the second half turnaround for Texas. It was the performance that fans had been waiting for, but as good as the freshman was, Rick Barnes can definitely use this game as a teaching opportunity. Hamilton did show off his entire arsenal of offensive weapons, but at times his questionable shot selection was still rearing its head. Let’s not forget that he entered the game shooting just 39% from the floor due to his propensity to hoist difficult jumpers. Still, this game belongs to the California native and the question now, was this a turning point for an otherwise rollercoaster rookie season, or a lightning in a bottle performance?

Oklahoma State’s James Anderson had another big scoring night, though he did the bulk of his damage in the first half, scoring 24 of his 28 before the break. For NBA scouts in attendance observing the guard, this had to have been a frustrating night. There have always been questions about the juniors limited ability to handle the basketball and create shot opportunities for himself at the next level and he seemed to be disproving many of those doubts in the game’s opening half. Anderson was hitting tough shots, posting up smaller guards, attacking the basket and even showed off a nice ability to find open teammates in the half court set. After halftime, everything went south. Suddenly his inability to create shots became glaringly obvious, thanks in no small part to the excellent defense of Dogas Balby who switched on to Anderson after he torched freshman Avery Bradley in the first half. Which brings us to another question, can Bradley – a player who people continue to hype and generally for good reason – defend his position at the next level? Bradley is a very good looking, young, offensive weapon, but it doesn’t look like he has the length to cover pro level shooting guards. At least he didn’t against Anderson who was able to get his jumper off with great ease in the first half. I know Bradley has received plenty of praise for his defensive ability, and by me included, but sometimes you can only do so much with physical limitations.

The end result here of course is Texas escapes Stillwater with a win, not necessarily a pretty one, but a win nonetheless. This could be a turning point for the Longhorns, and I stress the word could here. They took a shot to the mouth in the first half, but unlike in previous games, they didn’t fold. In their loss to UConn, the Huskies hit them hard and fast to start the second half and they fell apart. In the loss to Baylor, they fell behind early, battled back to force overtime, but couldn’t complete the comeback. Last night, they finished the job. This is a young team that might finally be learning how to play in tight situations. I still believe they have the talent to reach the Final Four, but talent as we know is a sometimes dangerous thing.

http://www.slamonline.com/online/college-hs/college/2010/02/first-take-hamilton-breaks-out/

Nice job he did, 27 pnts 4 rbs - 19 minutes.

Next game @ Oklahoma

Bukefal
02-06-2010, 07:36 AM
Men's Basketball preview: at Oklahoma
No. 9/10 Longhorns travel to Norman for Big 12 road test on Saturday afternoon. Tip is set for 3 p.m. Central, and the game will be televised nationally by ESPN.

#9/10 Texas (19-3, 5-2 Big 12) vs. Oklahoma (12-9, 3-4 Big 12)
Saturday, February 6, 2010 • 3 p.m. Central
Lloyd Noble Center (12,000) • Norman, Oklahoma

GAME DAY QUICK FACTS
TELEVISION: The game will be televised nationally by ESPN. Ron Franklin (pxp) and Fran Fraschilla (analyst) will call the action.
RADIO: The Longhorn Sports Network and KVET (FM 98.1/1300 AM Sportsradio The Zone) broadcast every UT game on the statewide network and on XM Satellite Radio Ch. 231. Craig Way (pxp) and Eddie Oran (analyst) will call the action. Check TexasSports.com for a listing of affiliates carrying the game.
SERIES: Oklahoma leads, 46-28. Last meeting: Texas 73-68 (Feb. 21, 2009; Austin).

Solid Start
Following its 72-60 win on Monday night at Oklahoma State, Texas is off to a 19-3 start. The 19-3 record is the best 22-game mark to start a year for the Longhorns since the 2005-06 “Elite Eight” season. This marks just the seventh time in program history that the Horns have started the year with at least 19 wins in their first 22 contests. UT has posted 16 of its 19 wins by double-digit margins, including six by at least 30 points.

Series vs. Oklahoma
Saturday’s contest marks the 75th meeting between Texas and Oklahoma. The Sooners hold a 46-28 lead in the all-time series that dates back to a 59-26 OU victory in Norman on Feb. 25, 1910. The Horns have won seven of the last eight contests and are 12-4 against the Sooners in the last 16 meetings between the two schools (dating back to the start of the 2002-03 season). OU sports a 22-9 lead in games played in Norman.

Closing in on 20 Wins … Again
A win on Saturday at Oklahoma would give Texas its 11th consecutive 20-win season. Texas has reached the 30-win plateau twice in the last four years (31-7 record in 2007-08, 30-7 mark in 2005-06). UT’s current streak of 10 straight 20-win campaigns is a school record. Prior to the current streak, the previous school mark for most consecutive 20-win seasons was four (1988-89 to 1991-92). The Horns have reached the 20-win plateau in all but one of Rick Barnes’ seasons in Austin, with the lone exception being his first year at Texas (19-13 mark in 1998-99).

Texas-Oklahoma State Game Notes
• Texas has won seven of the last eight and 10 of the last 13 meetings against the Cowboys.
• The Horns posted a 40-24 scoring margin in the second half. UT hit 59.3% (16-of-27) from the floor in the final 20 minutes, while OSU converted just 36.7% (11-of-30).
• Texas committed a season-low five turnovers.
• UT posted a 40-2 advantage in bench scoring.
• Jordan Hamilton (27 points) topped the 20-point mark for the first time this year. He reached double figures in scoring for the 11th time this season. Hamilton posted career highs in points, field goals made (11-of-16) and three-point field goals made (5-of-8) in just 19 minutes of action.
• Damion James (14 points) reached double figures in scoring for the 19th time this season and 88th time in his career (130 games).
• Avery Bradley (10 points) reached double figures in scoring for the 14th time this year.
• Gary Johnson (eight points, 10 rebounds) reached double digits in rebounds for the second time this season and fourth time in his career (76 games).

James Getting Better by the Year
Senior guard/forward Damion James is a four-year starter who has played in all 130 games (128 starts), James is off to a solid start in his senior year, leading the team in scoring (18.0 ppg) and rebounding (11.0 rpg) while converting 140-of-281 (.498) field goals, including 20-of-53 (.377) from three-point range. He has recorded a team-best 12 double-doubles in the first 22 games. James also ranks second on the team in blocks (22) and leads the squad in steals (39).

Balbay Gets the Point
Junior point guard Dogus Balbay has a team-best 97 assists against just 36 turnovers (2.7-to-1 assist-to-turnover ratio) while averaging 22.9 minutes per game this year. Balbay has committed two or fewer turnovers in 16 of the first 22 games. He has recorded at least five assists in 10 of the first 22 contests.

Balbay Gets Defensive
In the win earlier this year against No. 9/9 Michigan State (Dec. 22), Dogus Balbay had eight points, six assists without a turnover and three steals while limiting MSU star point guard Kalin Lucas to 11 points (3-of-11 FG) and two assists against six turnovers. During the second half of Monday’s win at Oklahoma State, he had primary responsibility against the Big 12’s leading scorer James Anderson. After Anderson scored 24 points in the opening 20 minutes, Balbay limited Anderson to just four points on 2-of-8 FG shooting (0-of-3 threes). On the season, Balbay ranks second on the team in steals (33).

Improving at Taking Care of the Ball
J’Covan Brown has made steady improvement in taking care of the basketball this season. In the first seven Big 12 contests, he has posted 18 assists against just eight turnovers. In his last two games, Brown has recorded eight assists against just two turnovers.

Hamilton Provides Spark at Oklahoma State
Jordan Hamilton had his best complete effort in a Texas uniform during Monday’s win at Oklahoma State. Hamilton tallied 27 points while hitting 11-of-16 FG (5-of-8 threes) and added four rebounds, one assist without a turnover and one block in just 19 minutes off the bench. He had 18 of his 27 points in the decisive second half. Hamilton set career highs in points, field goals made and three-point field goals made in Stillwater.

leemajors
02-06-2010, 05:09 PM
Way to show up against a shitty team. I don't see how they make it past the first round of the tourney. Badly coached bad shooters.

Cant_Be_Faded
02-06-2010, 05:49 PM
Yeah I'm finished with Barnes. He needs to get the fuck out, and soon. I still do not know how the hell we made it to the final four that year with talent that pales in comparison to what we get now.

Oh yeah...TJ Ford was the one running the show.

Amarelooms
02-06-2010, 06:03 PM
Lol at these clowns...brick after brick...FROM THE FREE THROW LINE. What a bunch of losers :elephant

Bukefal
02-06-2010, 06:22 PM
Man, this game sucked. They did came back in the end though, but damn the shooting is awful and these free throws just need to go in. It was horrible.

It's a shame seeing them struggling so much lately, because at the beginning of this season they were so good, they have such a talented roster. I was pretty confident about their possibility to do something great this season but now it isnt going so well. It isnt about the quality, because the quality is there, they can do it.

mookie2001
02-06-2010, 06:31 PM
Barnes has got to go. I don't care about recruiting or what it was like under Penders or if 100 teams would kill to be in our spot, he sucks. His teams always always always always suck fucking tranny deformed cock at free throws and he can't coach offense or defense. I could get 3 JUCOs a guy from oral Roberts and the Reagan high school JV team to play better than this asshole

This isn't being down in it. This is the final deathblow

How could hell be any worse, I know now why you cry. The spurs are a better position by a mile than these shit eaters

I would rather have watched the 2010 rosebowl 100 times with neocon bama fans than this late term abortion of a team

mookie2001
02-06-2010, 06:35 PM
Fuck

Budkin
02-07-2010, 02:28 AM
Well said mookie!

Amarelooms
02-08-2010, 09:51 AM
How many free throws will these clowns miss against Kansas? Maybe they should aim to shoot 40% from the line...that would be a 10% improvement lol. Do they not practice FT?? Maybe shoot one handed like Shaq or granny style CAUSE YA'LL SUCK :elephant

Pistons < Spurs
02-08-2010, 03:42 PM
http://www.sportslogos.net/images/logos/32/718/full/t96oee4doe8n2oxaft7f.gif

scottspurs
02-08-2010, 03:45 PM
The Longhorns NEED the victory tonight. Hopefully the horns and the spurs can win tonight.

Bukefal
02-08-2010, 04:17 PM
The Longhorns NEED the victory tonight. Hopefully the horns and the spurs can win tonight.

Indeed. As for the free throws, damn they just need to go in.

The media seems very positive about Texas, they expect them to be on fire tonight. Let's hope so.

Pistons < Spurs
02-08-2010, 09:50 PM
I freakin love this years Jayhawks team.

Texas better start executing or this one's going to be over soon.

Pistons < Spurs
02-08-2010, 09:52 PM
30-14 !!!!!!!!!!!!!

tlongII
02-08-2010, 11:09 PM
Texas is getting bukkake'd by Kansas.

Pistons < Spurs
02-08-2010, 11:13 PM
Texas is right back in there

blkroadrunners
02-09-2010, 04:38 AM
Tough break for the Horns, but KU's a really solid team.

Bukefal
02-09-2010, 04:49 AM
Damn, what is the problem. It looks like they are lost.

DMX7
02-09-2010, 05:58 AM
Texas is getting bukkake'd by Kansas.

The Pac-10 is going to have one bid (an autobid) in the NCAA tournmanet. That's worse than many midmajor conferences.

word
02-09-2010, 06:26 AM
Texas BB team will never win a NC with Rick Barnes at the helm.

tlongII
02-09-2010, 11:24 AM
The Pac-10 is going to have one bid (an autobid) in the NCAA tournmanet. That's worse than many midmajor conferences.

I agree. Pac-10 basketball is HORRIBLE this year.

rjv
02-09-2010, 01:27 PM
texas now looking like more of a 4 or 5 seed at this point

samikeyp
02-09-2010, 01:56 PM
texas bb team will never win a nc with rick barnes at the helm.

qft

mookie2001
02-09-2010, 04:48 PM
I didn't expect them to win a NC this year. I just didn't want them to lose every game on their schedule and get laughed out of the big12

Cant_Be_Faded
02-09-2010, 07:53 PM
Yeah the talent pool in the big 12 is getting really good....Barnes can't just fling smeg on the window and expect his to slide down slower than the other guy anymore....he has to actually coach night in and night out....that's why we're getting punked.

No dependable playmaking point guard exacerbates the situation.
As does no solid shooters.

Damion James has officially made it to the CBF longhorn prahps worthy pantheon this year though. I was so hard on this guy, and he's really shown improvement, leadership, most of all, he's showing he cares.

NFGIII
02-12-2010, 03:22 PM
This team has lost much if not all of their confidence. They are a shell of what we saw in the beginning of the season. Wins agianst Mich. St and NC were impressive but their immaturity has really doomed many of their losses. The freshman seem to panic and start jacking up bad shots. They are pressing way too much and it shows in their decision making.

And I really can't uinderstand a 9 -25 free throw stat. Boggles the mind that they can shoot it that bad.

If they continue this downward spiral then I will place most of the blame on Barnes. He needs to get through to his players and coach/teach them how to overcome adversity.

Allan Rowe vs Wade
02-12-2010, 10:19 PM
I'm still trying to remember that Barnes' forte is, encouraging players to go to the NBA?

Bukefal
02-13-2010, 05:25 PM
Good first half and the free throws are going in now too :)

Cant_Be_Faded
02-13-2010, 05:26 PM
Nebraska blows but it sure is nice to see UT dictating a game again.

Bukefal
02-13-2010, 06:01 PM
Great game! This how it should be. The horns have such a talented team, they have the quality. They can do it. I hope they'll continue to keep this up from now on.

johngateswhiteley
02-14-2010, 03:17 PM
Nebraska blows but it sure is nice to see UT dictating a game again.

I'm excited for t.u. to come to reed.

leemajors
02-17-2010, 10:43 PM
Pittman is playing himself into Europe, if he's lucky. I don't see why he is even playing in this game.

leemajors
02-17-2010, 11:01 PM
i don't know why i watch this. pitiful effort. they shouldn't make the tourney and may lose out.

mookie2001
02-17-2010, 11:04 PM
Pitt played himself into stroman pavillion a week ago

Balbay couldn't make a shot if he climbed a ladder and put his arms through the rim

Barnes lost whatever credit he got this program, these guys cannot even beat bad teams

the refs took this game over late but that didn't mean shit

I want blood

Cant_Be_Faded
02-17-2010, 11:17 PM
Yeah Pittman is way too slow for the NBA

he'd get abused

http://vmedia.rivals.com/IMAGES/PROSPECT/PHOTO/DEXTERPITTMAN6_10150.JPG
sorry but looks like even after losing 260 pounds you're still too fat

This team blows. Can't believe I thought we had a shot at the conference before this season started.

leemajors
02-17-2010, 11:23 PM
Pitt played himself into stroman pavillion a week ago

Balbay couldn't make a shot if he climbed a ladder and put his arms through the rim

Barnes lost whatever credit he got this program, these guys cannot even beat bad teams

the refs took this game over late but that didn't mean shit

I want blood

I used to play pickup at that pavilion in high school, and this one dude always had a Beast that he drank with a red mixing straw.

leemajors
02-17-2010, 11:56 PM
The announcers seemed to think beating UT actually means something. None of the teams UT beat early save MSU are still worth a shit, and if that game were replayed MSU easily wins by 15-20. Bradley and James are playing 2.5 vs 5, given that every other game one UT player shows up. Just shoddy effort all around.

Bukefal
02-18-2010, 05:57 AM
:depressed Damn that sucked

Bukefal
02-20-2010, 04:16 PM
Damn that was nervous in the end. Horrible. Thank god they got the victory, but it was so close to yet another loss.

leemajors
02-20-2010, 05:12 PM
still can't shoot for shit. Looks like Gary had himself a hell of a game though.

Horry For 3!
02-22-2010, 05:15 PM
http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/basketball/news?slug=ap-texas-balbay&prov=ap&type=lgns

Longhorns lose G Balbay to knee injury

AUSTIN, Texas (AP)—Texas point guard Dogus Balbay will miss the rest of the season with a torn ACL in his left knee.

Longhorns athletic trainer Eric Fry announced the loss on Monday. An MRI was performed after Balbay was injured during Saturday’s victory at Texas Tech.

Balbay played in all 27 games and made 22 starts. He was averaging a team-high 3.9 assists along with 3.8 points and 3.2 rebounds. He was third on the team in steals (35).

Balbay left Saturday’s game early in the first half. He appeared to slip and injure his left knee before being called for traveling. He did not put any weight on the leg as he was helped off the court.

Balbay, a junior, had surgery on his right knee during his freshman season.

Horry For 3!
02-22-2010, 05:16 PM
Texas not gonna do much without Balbay

K-State Spur
02-23-2010, 08:47 AM
Probably score a few more points. But Balbay is really one of the better defensive guards in the conference.

We all make fun him because he can't shoot for shit - but I would venture that he has some of the better +/- numbers on the Horns. The game in Manhattan seemed to turn when he was on the bench.

leemajors
02-25-2010, 09:08 AM
Welcome back, Dexy. Stick around this time.

leemajors
02-27-2010, 03:34 PM
what a sorry ass team

DMX7
02-27-2010, 03:34 PM
This team is just silly.

Bukefal
02-27-2010, 04:21 PM
The struggling. Horrible, they look horrible out there. Ohh what could've been with this team, they have such talented players :(

I hope Brown is ok. And props to the aggies for the respect though. :tu

leemajors
02-27-2010, 04:27 PM
glad I was working and not compelled to watch.

blkroadrunners
02-28-2010, 01:54 AM
This team is just silly.

Never expected the Horns to fall this bad.

Bukefal
03-06-2010, 08:15 PM
horribleeee, yet again :bang :depressed

Obstructed_View
03-06-2010, 10:06 PM
Just got beat by a team they're supposed to get beat by.

Sorry, as a Baylor fan I've never gotten to type that before.

word
03-09-2010, 09:15 PM
Longhorns are terrrble on the road. That doesn't bode well for march madness.

MookieCrew
03-10-2010, 07:14 PM
Rememba det one time Gabe Muoneke imploded chodes?

Horry For 3!
03-12-2010, 12:03 AM
Man, Texas went down the shitter.

Both of my teams North Carolina and Texas are shit this year. :pctoss

Kermit
03-12-2010, 12:53 AM
I've never seen a team that made me want to slit my wrists. Congrats Rick Barnes. Thanks for taking a big shit all over the program you built.

Obstructed_View
03-12-2010, 07:31 PM
Shouldn't have pissed off Dunn.

mookie2001
03-12-2010, 07:40 PM
rofl

i knew someone liked baylor

that must suck

cant wait to put 65 on the sic em bears this fall

i agree with kermit though, this team makes me want to cut my balls off to take the pain away

mookie2001
03-12-2010, 07:42 PM
Barnes has got to go. I don't care about recruiting or what it was like under Penders or if 100 teams would kill to be in our spot, he sucks. His teams always always always always suck fucking tranny deformed cock at free throws and he can't coach offense or defense. I could get 3 JUCOs a guy from oral Roberts and the Reagan high school JV team to play better than this asshole

This isn't being down in it. This is the final deathblow

How could hell be any worse, I know now why you cry. The spurs are a better position by a mile than these shit eaters

I would rather have watched the 2010 rosebowl 100 times with neocon bama fans than this late term abortion of a team

a month ago and now it seems like i was going easy on them

DMX7
03-14-2010, 05:27 PM
We already knew Texas was dead, but it's now been confirmed.

1st Round: vs. Wake Forest
2nd Round: vs. Kentucky

Ouch!

Silverheart80
03-14-2010, 05:50 PM
Diehard Horns fan all the way, but yeah, this is an even worse bracket outcome than I feared. I hesitate to say that it's a bad matchup because pretty much any time that plays organized team basketball is a bad matchup for this Texas team. Brutal.

Nice coaching job, Barnes.

Goran Dragic
03-14-2010, 06:49 PM
This team makes me

http://i511.photobucket.com/albums/s354/BlckPrl_album/I_jizz_in_my_pants_by_HOLIMOUNT.jpg

I'd say based on the hilarious homerism in this thread

http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=142655

it does make you premature ejaculate.

Bukefal
03-14-2010, 08:19 PM
We already knew Texas was dead, but it's now been confirmed.

1st Round: vs. Wake Forest
2nd Round: vs. Kentucky

Ouch!

:depressed it sucks. They'll beat wake, but Kentucky...:(

mookie2001
03-15-2010, 01:00 AM
does the second round matchup even matter?

anyone think this was a sweet 16 team?

DMX7
03-15-2010, 01:06 AM

If they were a slightly higher seed and got the right matchups, I don't think it would be outrageous to think so. But they didn't of course.

johngateswhiteley
03-15-2010, 03:22 AM

No. And A&M is far superior (had to).

word
03-15-2010, 10:00 AM
We can only hope this is the end for Rick Barnes. I've never liked him, he is incapable of winning big games and I have NEVER seen a coach that lets games get away from him like Barnes does. He never calls a timeout when the momentum is changing against him and he just lets them run up the score on him over and over and over, then he calls a time out, down 12, after blowing a lead. I've seen him do it more times than I can count. He's an idiot. Has no idea how to adjust an offense or defense. He gets out coached EVERY time against the good ones.

lebomb
03-15-2010, 10:24 AM
and I have NEVER seen a coach that lets games get away from him like Barnes does. He never calls a timeout when the momentum is changing against him and he just lets them run up the score on him over and over and over, then he calls a time out, down 12, after blowing a lead. I've seen him do it more times than I can count.

...............Sounds like he could be Brooks Thompsons brother. :wow

Whisky Dog
03-15-2010, 02:04 PM
I don't even know what to say. I was in Austin the last 4 days, in and around campus visiting old friends and watching the state hs championships, and NOBODY was talking UT ball. It's like that big ugly elephant in the room that if you don't talk about it you can hope it's only an illusion.

This is what you get when Damion James and Dexter Pittman are your senior leaders. And Ricky has to be the only leader. You get shit.

johngateswhiteley
03-15-2010, 02:20 PM
rofl

i knew someone liked baylor

that must suck

cant wait to put 65 on the sic em bears this fall

i agree with kermit though, this team makes me want to cut my balls off to take the pain away

btw, i am so sick of the baylor love fest. a 3 seed? yeah right...

Doug Collins
03-15-2010, 03:23 PM
btw, i am so sick of the baylor love fest. a 3 seed? yeah right...

Guess you didn't hear, but one of their players killed another one of their players 7 years ago, so now the media feels we should worship their supreme "sleeper" status. Nevermind they've never done shit in the tournament under Drew, or the fact that their resume is no better than A&M (outside of beating Texas 3x; ignore the loss to CU). They can easily make the Sweet 16, although I could see Notre Dame beating them in the 2nd round, and they'd be a bad matchup for Villanova.

If Barnes could motivate, this team could've given Kentucky a nice 2nd round challenge. As it stands, I see them beating Wake and calling it a season.

mookie2001
03-15-2010, 03:36 PM
i mean drew is a great coach, look at all the times hes never tried to tell people a murdered player was a drug dealer

Bukefal
03-19-2010, 04:21 AM
:depressed

Kermit
03-19-2010, 08:02 AM
I'm so glad the abortion is over. Watching this team lose by 40 to Kentcuky would not have been cathartic.

Fuck you Dex for not being able to make a layup. Or two. Or three.

Fuck you Rick for drawing up plays with a crayon.

Damion, you cool. Although you could be more selfish.

Fuck you JCB for jacking up threes and being the worst defender I've ever seen. Although last night you played the game of your life and actually shot the ball pretty well, it doesn't excuse a season's worth of stupid. I'm glad you finally realized you're at your best when you drive.

Fuck you Hamilton for thinking that shooting from half court all year was awesome. Although you kept Texas in the game last night and grew up. You still should never be allowed to dribble. You are the worst ball handling guard/forward I've ever seen. Ever. How can you shoot so well and dribble so poorly.

Avery. I don't know what to say. You play great defense. You can shoot. I think your failings on this team have more to do with the coach than yourself. You look lost out there. I hope you come back, but after watching you regress, I wouldn't blame you if you tried to get some money.

Dex, I know I already mentioned it, but FUCK YOU. FUCK YOU. Seriously, FUCK YOU. YOU FAT FUCK.

Gary, it's not your fault man. They're just free-throws. You guys have been missing them all year. Everyone except for JCB, who inexplicably gave you the ball. Everyone missed them all night. Just kidding, fuck you. Not only did you choke in spectacular fashion, you couldn't make a fucking layup to ice the game. Great going jackass.

Justin Mason, why the fuck are you playing? Is it for defense, because you got burned all night. Offense? You suck. You're like a slightly better offensive version of Balbay. It's too bad you suck out of necessity, because if your retarded coach had done what he should have done and played JCB all year, Texas might have won that game or had a higher seed. I've never seen a player regress over 4 years the way you have. Congrats. You're the antithesis of everything a four year college player is supposed to be. Now eabod and diaf.

Watching his team play another game would've meant ripping off my balls and shoving them in my mouth.

urunobili
03-19-2010, 08:27 AM
:depressed

Bukefal
05-21-2010, 11:25 AM
It seems Dexter Pittman's brother was shot and killed. He left the NBA combine :wow