PDA

View Full Version : Kids in the Hall

Cant_Be_Faded
04-20-2005, 02:28 AM
Misunderstood but greatest sketch comedy show of all time?

Or a worthless show with no coherent skits?

I first saw kids in the hall when i was like in 3rd grade, when it came out on HBO, before tales from the crypt...which is another one of my favorite shows of all time
I remember it coming out not too long after they stopped airing not neccessarily the news....which was decent

I was way too young to understand some of the skits, but i was a TV kid, and watched pretty much every episode.....then when they started to re-air KITH on Comedy Central, i started recollecting all the tight ass episodes and some were brand new to me because i didn't understand them at the time

I also got some of my friends into KITH (thispego is maybe a big a fan as me, but mookie2001 hates KITH with a passion)

From all the people that I have personally seen watch kids in the hall, they either think its one of the greatest skit shows of all time, or the absolute biggest waste of time.

However, upon viewing "Brain Candy", the KITH movie, half of my friends who thought the show was a big waste of time, laughed several times throughout the movie....and the movie is the same style of comedy as the series for the most part.

Kids in the Hall was one of those TV shows that pretty much raised me, I think its one of the greatest shows of all time. And NO, I'm not Canadian, I'm from fuckin V-Town (representin') Texas.

This show is the shit.

My other recommendations include:

Aeon Flux - A Sick cartoon, THAT IS NOT ANIME, by a sick artist, that was wayyyyy before it's time

Strangers With Candy - once you get to know the characters, this show is ridiculously funny...

Family Matters - Steve? Steve? Steve! STEVE!!!

Tales from the Crypt - Not saying its scary, but way better than most shows out there

MTV's Oddities: The Head Cool storyline. The animation is low key but i think its tight....

Ali G This show if veryyyy funny if you watch it under the right conditions......hint, hint

Dragonball Z Scoff at me if you will, but this show is fucking tight if you don't expect too much

Ducktales I've got the best of everyyyythinggggg....gold with the diamond rings!!!!

Leave It to Beaver Without a Doubt, the best blacknwhite show of all time, with the original hot tv mom i might add...

Ben Stiller Show This was very funny, but noone knew about it....

Dana Carey Show This was very funny, but noone knew about it....

Spawn Hbo series, totally dark, totally bad ass

My Brother And Me This show was hilarious if you get to watch it as a kid...

okay im too tired to list any more

i would've listed family guy, but most people watch it now because of Cartoon Network.

But I'd like to say that most of those people also did NOT watch it in its first incarnation because they were too busy watching FRIENDS, which is the most overrated, overplayed, and overwatched show in the history of television.............else it would have never been cancelled...

peace out

3rdCoast
04-20-2005, 02:48 AM
Family Matters - Steve? Steve? Steve! STEVE!!!

Tales from the Crypt - Not saying its scary, but way better than most shows out there

Ali G This show if veryyyy funny if you watch it under the right conditions......hint, hint

Leave It to Beaver Without a Doubt, the best blacknwhite show of all time, with the original hot tv mom i might add...

Dana Carey Show This was very funny, but noone knew about it....

My Brother And Me This show was hilarious if you get to watch it as a kid...

Those shows I quoted you above are awesome. My brother and me was a sweet ass show. I would also like to add in Salute Your Shorts, Clarissa Explains It All, Even Stevens, Lizzy McGuire, You Can't Do That On Television!, Are You Afraid Of The Dark?, and Boy Meets World to the list of awesome shows that were on tv.

Drachen
04-20-2005, 02:53 AM
The State = better than KITH (but not by a whole lot)

MannyIsGod
04-20-2005, 08:46 AM
"I'm crushing your head!!!"

"I've lost my drum, my Indian drum."

KITH was/is fabulous.

Jekka
04-20-2005, 08:53 AM
Kids in the Hall was awesome - I've always loved the show. I finally got to see them live a few years ago, and it's even better then - nothing beats the Chicken Lady live.

And Ducktales kicks ass.

SpursWoman
04-20-2005, 08:56 AM
I loved KITH. :)

bigzak25
04-20-2005, 09:07 AM
good stuff. didn't like lettuce head though....

notNthenews was great as well,

damn that ward...always pounding on beaver....

Medvedenko
04-20-2005, 09:22 AM
Yes a great show indeed...produced by Lorne Michaels no less....another great Canadian comedy is "Trailer Park Boys"....the best show on any TV right now.....

desflood
04-20-2005, 01:16 PM
KITH was genius. I've got to find that series on DVD somewhere.

MannyIsGod
04-20-2005, 01:18 PM
It's everyone on DVD. Jess owns season one.

exstatic
04-20-2005, 01:22 PM
"I am crushing you!" :lol

Guru of Nothing
04-20-2005, 02:11 PM
Does anyone remember The Vacant Lot?

Bluto Blutarsky
04-20-2005, 06:40 PM
Great show! I remember watching that growing up all the time

E20
04-20-2005, 07:47 PM
Dragonball Z Scoff at me if you will, but this show is fucking tight if you don't expect too much

Hell fucking YEAH! This show is like THE action cartoon EVER. But the english version is butchered so I'm more towards the orginal.

Dragon Ball Z (http://images.search.yahoo.com/search/images?p=Dragonball+Z&ei=UTF-8&fr=FP-tab-img-t&fl=0&x=wrt)

thispego
05-11-2005, 08:49 PM
my pen

Cant_Be_Faded
05-11-2005, 08:51 PM
doooornt brraaame mrreee

thispego
05-11-2005, 08:54 PM
lololololol, bruce was easily the funniest

Cant_Be_Faded
05-11-2005, 08:55 PM
Tha moon watches knowingly
Tha moon watches

Tha moon.....

Tha

thispego
05-11-2005, 09:08 PM
he appears to be having some di-ficulty grabbin tha salt shaker

could be worse... coulda used to be smart

Cant_Be_Faded
05-11-2005, 09:18 PM
LOL wasn't that the lucky penny skit

thispego
05-11-2005, 09:18 PM
haha, yeah

Gatita
05-13-2005, 11:45 AM
Kids in the Hall always weirded me out. Those guys loved dressing up as women.

AlamoSpursFan
05-13-2005, 12:04 PM
The KITH sketch where Scott Thompson decided to go straight was effing hilarious.

AlamoSpursFan
05-13-2005, 12:06 PM

So did the Monty Python cast.

Gatita
05-13-2005, 12:27 PM
So did the Monty Python cast.

I don't find Monty Python funny either.

Guru of Nothing
05-13-2005, 12:52 PM
The Vacant Lot

Blinded By the Light (skit begins with 4 guys playing poker)

http://www.unoriginal.com/tvl/blinded.html

Transcribed by: [email protected]

Paul: Yeah, that's what he says... So when I go on the subway, I have to blow up this inflatable donut.

Nick: Want another?

Vito: Yeah.

Rob: That's stupid.

Paul: All stupid.

Vito: One.

Nick: Oh, uh... two.

Paul: Three.

Nick: Wanna go for four?

Paul: I could if I wanted to.

Nick: Got a lot of time...

Paul: Yeah, I could if I wanted to.

Vito: Man, it *is* late... Rob?

Rob: Oh, I'm fine.

Nick, Vito and Paul: Whoo...!

Vito: Rob's lying.

Nick: Rob's bluffing.

Rob: Yeah, I'm fine...

Vito: What's the word?

[misc. muttering]

Vito: What the hell?

Paul: Nothing, nothing...

[brief quiet]

Nick: [singing] Blinded by the light, held up like a loufa by the foreman of the night...

Vito: What the hell was that?

Nick: It's that song, Blinded by the Light.

Paul: Yeah, we know what the song it is, but what were *you* singing?

Nick:[singing] Blinded by the light...

Vito: Go on...

Nick:[singing] ...held up like a loufa by the foreman of the night.

Vito: Not what he sings.

Nick: Yes it is.

Paul: That's not what he sings.

Vito: No, it's not.

Nick: All right, what *is* he singing?

Vito:[singing] Blinded by the light, ripped up like a douche, you're gonna throw away the night.

Nick: I don't think so.

Vito: That's what he sings.

Nick: No it isn't.

Vito: It is.

Nick: That doesn't make any sense.

Vito: Oh, like yours makes sense.

Nick: It *does*.

Paul: Held up like a loufa?

Nick: Like a loufa... sponge.

Vito: Who's holding up the loufa sponge?

Nick: The foreman of the night.

Paul: *Why* is the "foreman of the night" holding up a loufa sponge?

Nick: Well, he's making some kinda statement, or something.

Vito: Pretty stupid statement if you ask me...

Nick: Oh, and yours makes a lot of sense...

Vito: More sense than yours...

Nick: Ripped up like a douche?

Vito: Yes. A douche. Yes.

Paul: How do you rip up a douche?

Vito: It's french. Means small French bath towel.

[Nick waves hand dismissingly]

Vito: No, no, it's obvious it's a song about a guy, lying in a gutter somewhere with nothing but this... small French bath towel, a douche, to protect him from the night. [singing] Blinded by the light, ripped up like a douche, you're gonna throw away the night.

[Paul rolls his eyes, making an exasperated face]

Nick: Okay, okay. So between my loufa sponge and your ripped up douche, we can agree in principle it's a song about bathing.

Vito: Okay.

Nick: Okay.

Vito: Okay.

Paul: Now you're both nuts.

Nick: Oh, what do *you* think it is?

Paul: Oh, what do I *know* it is?

Nick and Vito: What do I *know* it is?

Paul:[singing] Blinded by the light, remmed up like a dochent in the humble of the might.

Vito:What?!

Nick: *What* the hell was that?!

Paul: I've got the lyrics sheet at home.

Nick: Yeah, well, you got the wrong lyrics sheet, because it's blinded

Nick and Vito: by the

Nick, Vito, and Paul: light,

Nick, Vito, and Paul [each says his own]: -held up like a loufa by the foreman of the night
-ripped up like a douche, you're gonna throw away the night
-remmed up like a dochent in the humble of the might
[singing: ]
blinded by the light,
-held up like a loufa by the foreman of the night
-ripped up like a douche, you're gonna throw away the night
-remmed up like a dochent in the humble of the might
blinded by the light,
held-
ripped-
remmed-

Rob: Shut up!!! It *is*: [reciting, emphasizing each word] blinded by the light, racked up like a deuce, another roller in the night. Okay? There's no loufa sponges, there's no ripping of douches, and whatever the hell *you* said there's none of that, alright?! That's the way the song was written, that's the way the you sing the song. You don't sing the song any other way because it wasn't *written* any other-are you laughing at me? Are you laughing? Shut up! Shut your freakin'... goof ball... Jeeerk... Jerk jerk jerk jerk jeeeerk...

[Rob storms off]

Nick, Vito, and Paul: Whoo...

Vito: Man...

Nick: *Some*body's a little hot under the colander...

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Credit to The Vacant Lot/Broadway Video

SpursWoman
05-13-2005, 12:56 PM
:lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao

thispego
05-13-2005, 01:10 PM
if you can look past that and not find it weird that men are dressing up like women and just realize they are playing a character, then you can see it for what it really is

Cant_Be_Faded
05-13-2005, 01:41 PM
The KITH sketch where Scott Thompson decided to go straight was effing hilarious.

Remember when they were like

okay...first you were gay...then you were slightly gay...then you were completely gay...then you were obnoxiously gay...and now you're straight???

lol

Gatita
05-13-2005, 01:49 PM
if you can look past that and not find it weird that men are dressing up like women and just realize they are playing a character, then you can see it for what it really is

Gay dudes dressed as women?

Cant_Be_Faded
05-13-2005, 06:04 PM
Gay dudes dressed as women?

only 1 is gay

they had to play chicks, who else would play them?...its funny how they got shit for playing chicks nearly 20 years ago now and it still doesnt sit straight with some people

SpursWoman
05-13-2005, 06:07 PM

So you didn't like Bosom Buddies, either? :lol

Gatita
05-13-2005, 06:13 PM
So you didn't like Bosom Buddies, either? :lol

Now, that I got. I watched that show (Bosom Buddies) now that I am older. KITH, I watched along time ago...it would come out at 12am...I was too young to understand it. I didn't know they still ran re-runs. I just remembered that they always dressed up as women. :lol

Cant_Be_Faded
05-13-2005, 10:20 PM
I just remembered that they always dressed up as women. :lol

But thats like barely half the skits

I watched it as a little kid too (see original post)

I had totally forgot they played women, i mostly remembered "The Flying Pig" (LOL Bruce really was the funniest huh? I never realized that..)
And i also remembered the Sausages skit, as well as the Parachute Odd's skit.

The Parachute odd's skit....jesus, if anyone has the transcript of that, it would definitely be worth posting. Thats one of those skits you can read and have it be funny.

Now that i think about it, I wonder if they've ever released a book of the skits from KiTH??? They did it for Monty Python and for Black Adder. That would be ideal i think.

I'll look into it....could be a worthy investment.

Cant_Be_Faded
05-13-2005, 10:32 PM
I looked into it, and no dice.

But Black Adder sure looks nice.

Kids in the Hall *sigh* my only vice.

But Black Adder will surely suffice.