PDA

View Full Version : Anyone work at ESPN?

NuGGeTs-FaN
11-16-2009, 09:22 PM
I am still chasing my dream of working in the USA in the sporting industry. I've equipped myself with a marketing degree and i am in the process of completing an Accounting degree. As some of you know, i spent a couple of years in Africa and the experience was life changing.

I'd love to get involved with a US organisation that focuses on Sports and also has a strong philanthropic culture.

Anyone got any tips/advice?

Obviously being in Australia is a bit of a hurdle for me, but hurdles are meant to be jumped over!

thispego
11-16-2009, 09:24 PM
what were you doing in africa again? besides destroying your marriage?

thispego
11-16-2009, 09:24 PM
Sorry i dont know why i said that.

mookie2001
11-16-2009, 09:28 PM
i dont get it

you have an advantage if you have an English as a first language foreign accent, people fucking love that in america, commericals, tv, radio and news especially, not so much sports

now if you wanted to become an immigration expert or a constitution scholar, gun control consultant, Texas correspondent for a news network, they would hire the fuck out of you

thispego
11-16-2009, 09:30 PM
i dont think this guy is a foreigner, he's just been living abroad

NuGGeTs-FaN
11-16-2009, 09:32 PM
I am a true blue Aussie :toast

Maybe i need to hit the commercials scene instead? :lol

mookie2001
11-16-2009, 09:36 PM
well over here aussies do commericals, thats what they do

americans are strange, something about products that we dont need that really were invented years ago, but now are in a new packaging, cost $8 shipping and come with a peelers and kitchen gadgets, people just think since it turns tommorrow in australia today- the products are futuristic and not made by brown people

tp2021
11-17-2009, 12:28 AM
^^
I'm american, and I'm 100% sure I've never had that jumbling of what seems to be an attempt at a singular thought in my life

dolacheck
11-17-2009, 12:54 AM
Actually I do, however I am low man on the totem pole so I cant do anything to help ya. Sorry. What I do know is its very very hard to get into. Ive been working for them and ABC Sports for a couple years now and still cant get on for anything but College Football. You have to have connections to get a good job with them. Good luck to ya thought

mouse
11-17-2009, 02:18 AM
I am a true blue Aussie :toast

Sorry but I feel after two days of you calling the workers and callers "Mate" all the time might not help keep your job, and to be honest... you saying crikey more than once a day could get you fired.

just a heads up mate! :toast