PDA

View Full Version : MTV 'Remote Control' host Ken Ober dies

Viva Las Espuelas
11-17-2009, 12:38 AM
man, i hate it when people i grew up with start leaving.

----------------------------------------------------------

Los Angeles, California (CNN) -- Ken Ober, whose MTV game show "Remote Control" was among the network's first forays into non-music programming, has died at age 52, his agent said Monday.
Ober hosted five seasons of "Remote Control," a pop-culture quiz show that featured contestants strapped into easy chairs to answer questions from categories such as "Dead or Canadian?" The show first aired in 1987 and helped launch the careers of comedians Adam Sandler, Denis Leary and Colin Quinn, who was the program's announcer.
Ober later moved behind the camera as a producer of the Comedy Central program "Mind of Mencia" and the CBS comedy "The New Adventures of Old Christine."
Ober's agent, Mark Measures, said Ober was found dead at his home in Los Angeles. No cause of death was immediately known.

bus driver
11-17-2009, 09:31 AM
remember the show, but dont remember who he his......i guess it sucks when anyone dies

katyon6th
11-17-2009, 09:50 AM
Girls said yes, but he said no, now he’s got his own game show.

RIP

JoeChalupa
11-17-2009, 12:47 PM
Isn't that the show that got what's her name some gigs because she was hot?
RIP

JudynTX
11-17-2009, 02:07 PM
Never heard of him, but RIP.

samikeyp
11-17-2009, 02:57 PM
Isn't that the show that got what's her name some gigs because she was hot?
RIP

Kari Wuhrer and yes.

JoeChalupa
11-17-2009, 03:00 PM
Kari Wuhrer and yes.

Yeah, that was her. :tu

exstatic
11-17-2009, 07:47 PM
Loved that show. The writeup reminded me how goofy the categories were. They'd describe a pop culture figure, and you had to state if they were "Dead, or Canadian", the category for that question. :lol I also loved the set, with the contestants in BarcoLoungers, complete with seatbelts. Snack time was fun also.

RIP, Ken. Shit, 52 isn't that old.

Phillip
11-17-2009, 07:52 PM
what a dumbass

only idiots die

Viva Las Espuelas
11-18-2009, 10:17 AM
Girls said yes, but he said no, now he’s got his own game show.

oh wow. You must've been a fan of the show. Took me awhile to get that.