PDA

View Full Version : Texas A&M Basketball 2009

Pages : [1] 2

johngateswhiteley
11-17-2009, 05:09 AM
the boys have some big out of conference matchups!

11/26 #23 Clemson
12/22 @ #14 Washington

how do you ballers think A&M will do this year? (cap'nmike, you aren't allowed to post in this thread unless you say nice things)

Doug Collins
11-17-2009, 09:03 AM
I think they're much weaker than last year after losing elonu and carter. I don't trust Sloan or Roland to carry the scoring load since neither is very consistent. BJ Holmes is really the only good shooter on the squad, although Walkup has steadly improved each year. Need big seasons out of B. Davis and Loubeau and solid contributions from Hibbert and Harris to make a push.

I think they can finish as high as 4th in conference but it will be difficult. This is a big year for Turgeon to show he can have his team play consistent basketball, something he has yet to do. I love the challenging schedule but it could definitely backfire and break this team early on.

johngateswhiteley
11-17-2009, 04:25 PM
I think they're much weaker than last year after losing elonu and carter. I don't trust Sloan or Roland to carry the scoring load since neither is very consistent. BJ Holmes is really the only good shooter on the squad, although Walkup has steadly improved each year. Need big seasons out of B. Davis and Loubeau and solid contributions from Hibbert and Harris to make a push.

I think they can finish as high as 4th in conference but it will be difficult. This is a big year for Turgeon to show he can have his team play consistent basketball, something he has yet to do. I love the challenging schedule but it could definitely backfire and break this team early on.

those are big losses, i don't think they are much weaker...but weaker, yes. going to depend on the youngsters and how much they can contribute. although, i disagree about sloan...i think he's ready. i expect a big year from loubeau and shooting could be an issue all year...

i think they could be good...but maybe not 4th even. tough to say.

rjv
11-17-2009, 04:56 PM
elonu was a big loss indeed. the aggies had size for a few seasons and now they have to wait until next year to get some in (they have some nice commits for next season). i agree that 4th or 5th in the conference is a nice goal and maybe a shot at the NCAA. two double digit wins to start but against lackluster teams (a win at SMU last night).

johngateswhiteley
11-17-2009, 04:59 PM
can't wait for that clemson game.

benefactor
11-17-2009, 05:03 PM
Texas A&M...where women play sports and men watch.

Doug Collins
11-17-2009, 10:13 PM
those are big losses, i don't think they are much weaker...but weaker, yes. going to depend on the youngsters and how much they can contribute. although, i disagree about sloan...i think he's ready. i expect a big year from loubeau and shooting could be an issue all year...

i think they could be good...but maybe not 4th even. tough to say.

I thought Sloan would step it up last year and he was still really inconsistent. He has all the skills to take on the scoring load, so I'm hoping he can deliver especially if Turgeon uses him more as an off guard with BJ Holmes at point.

The team is definitely capable of beating the top Big 12 teams when they're on.

Thompson
11-17-2009, 10:28 PM
Supposedly Ray Turner is close to being approved by the NCAA (academic problems, I think). We'll need him; Elonu leaving could really hurt us. The only 'bigs' who are actually playing are Davis and Loubeau (both around 6'9"); we have a 7'1" guy (James Blasczyk) who redshirted last year to put on some weight, but I guess he isn't any good because we really need more size and he hasn't played yet.

Next year we have 4-5 big guys coming in (one of them would have come this year but had his own academic problems). We could really use them now, I wish Elonu hadn't left a year early. Wish him the best, of course, but dang.

Thompson
11-17-2009, 10:44 PM
Also, I'm curious: why did you choose Doug Collins as your avatar? I didn't start following basketball until around '97.

Doug Collins
11-18-2009, 09:15 AM
Also, I'm curious: why did you choose Doug Collins as your avatar? I didn't start following basketball until around '97.

I really dislike Doug Collins and figured it was a good fit for the message board alter ego.

leroyjenkins
11-18-2009, 04:29 PM
the boys have some big out of conference matchups!

11/26 #23 Clemson
12/22 @ #14 Washington

how do you ballers think A&M will do this year? (cap'nmike, you aren't allowed to post in this thread unless you say nice things)

Dont forget the potential to play wv, butler, minn, and ucla at the 76 classic. I cant wait to watch that tourney over thanksgiving

leroyjenkins
11-18-2009, 04:33 PM
I really dislike Doug Collins and figured it was a good fit for the message board alter ego.

im sure if you met doug collins you would be all excited and take a picture with him, just like that one time with craig sager.

Doug Collins
11-18-2009, 05:58 PM
im sure if you met doug collins you would be all excited and take a picture with him, just like that one time with craig sager.

I'd definitely ask to see his silver medal.

johngateswhiteley
11-19-2009, 04:43 AM
Texas A&M...where women play sports and men watch.

t.u....where dudes blow each other.

johngateswhiteley
11-28-2009, 08:16 AM
great win over #19 clemson and almost another huge one against #8 west virginia. i thought the Ags might do it when they were within 2 or 3 and less than a minute left...

damn.

leemajors
11-28-2009, 08:54 AM
t.u....where dudes blow each other.

That never happens in the sticks

rjv
11-30-2009, 02:00 PM
nice win against the gophers so 2 wins against 3 ranked teams in a 4 day span and a good game against another as well.

this may not be the most talented a&m team but it is the smartest and most disciplined. popovich was right when he said turgeon would get the aggies to play defense as he has certainly got them doing that well. and as a reward they sneak into the top 25.

johngateswhiteley
11-30-2009, 04:07 PM
nice win against the gophers so 2 wins against 3 ranked teams in a 4 day span and a good game against another as well.

this may not be the most talented a&m team but it is the smartest and most disciplined. popovich was right when he said turgeon would get the aggies to play defense as he has certainly got them doing that well. and as a reward they sneak into the top 25.

dude! huge win against the gophers. but you know what...none of it matters. cause capnmike will say so...

johngateswhiteley
11-30-2009, 04:08 PM
anyway, great little run to start the season! and ranked too...

johngateswhiteley
11-30-2009, 04:14 PM
i didn't even realize, cause i couldn't see the game, that Roland was out against WVU! having won three games against ranked teams, not that we would have beaten WVU, would have been unreal.

rjv
11-30-2009, 05:18 PM
i didn't even realize, cause i couldn't see the game, that Roland was out against WVU! having won three games against ranked teams, not that we would have beaten WVU, would have been unreal.

yeah, he had a banged up wrist. and we still had a chance in that game. turgeon is proving to be a solid coach.

johngateswhiteley
11-30-2009, 05:28 PM
yeah, he had a banged up wrist. and we still had a chance in that game. turgeon is proving to be a solid coach.

only capnmike can verify if Turgeon is a good coach or not.

Doug Collins
11-30-2009, 06:20 PM
Do you guys think BJ Holmes should be starting or keep him as the spark plug off the bench?

Either way, the progress he's made is impressive and he made some clutch layups against the Gophers. Can't believe he missed those FTs at the end but whatever. He's been pretty lights out otherwise. Dash Harris drives me crazy as the primary ball handler.

Whisky Dog
11-30-2009, 06:57 PM
Props to aggie for some good early season wins. They might be better than advertised.

johngateswhiteley
11-30-2009, 07:09 PM
Do you guys think BJ Holmes should be starting or keep him as the spark plug off the bench?

Either way, the progress he's made is impressive and he made some clutch layups against the Gophers. Can't believe he missed those FTs at the end but whatever. He's been pretty lights out otherwise. Dash Harris drives me crazy as the primary ball handler.

from what i've seen, i like him off the bench. if it aint broke, right? further, i like a ball handler off the bench in this crazy college bball world.

Sisk
11-30-2009, 08:41 PM
Props to aggie for some good early season wins. They might be better than advertised.

the first tu post i've seen that makes sense!
:toast

K-State Spur
12-01-2009, 07:42 AM
good weekend for the Ags. Turgeon has always been one of the best November/December coaches on the planet. And last year, he may have put to rest the end-of-year collapses.

MajorMike
12-01-2009, 01:17 PM
dude! huge win against the gophers. but you know what...none of it matters. cause capnmike will say so...

I don't know who this capn is you speak of, but Like a Turgeon is a great coach until around mid Feb.

rjv
12-01-2009, 01:36 PM
I don't know who this capn is you speak of, but Like a Turgeon is a great coach until around mid Feb.

in his all 2 years at a&m he has advanced to the second round of the NCAA twice and at wichita state his team got to the third round in 2006.

at that point in the tourney his teams just lose to more talented ones.

K-State Spur
12-02-2009, 09:13 AM
in his all 2 years at a&m he has advanced to the second round of the NCAA twice and at wichita state his team got to the third round in 2006.

It should be noted that his Wichita State Sweet 16 Team was sandwiched by 3 seasons with nothing short of MONUMENTAL collapses down the stretch.

But it does look like he's kicked that trend.

MajorMike
12-02-2009, 10:05 AM

OSU went to the 2nd round last year #1 they were awful and #2 at OSU that's nothing to cheer about.

Different expectations, I guess.

rjv
12-02-2009, 11:47 AM
OSU went to the 2nd round last year #1 they were awful and #2 at OSU that's nothing to cheer about.

OSU has been a great basketball program for years while a&m had to endure the year of tony barone and melvin watkins as coaches. gillespie got them back on track and turgeon has continued to do well. he has made the tourney twice, got to the 2nd round twice and has his system getting into place. he is also recruiting very well to boot.

bill self would not have done any better in such a short time frame.

K-State Spur
12-02-2009, 12:11 PM

if you thought that team was awful, you're going to LOVE this year...

Doug Collins
12-02-2009, 01:40 PM

Pokes only care about golf, wrestling, and cross country national championships. Everything else is irrelevant.

MajorMike
12-02-2009, 04:47 PM
if you thought that team was awful, you're going to LOVE this year...

Shoosh, you.

rjv
12-03-2009, 11:27 AM
well, an obvious win over the team just down highway 6 last night (prairie view).

johngateswhiteley
12-03-2009, 12:42 PM
well, an obvious win over the team just down highway 6 last night (prairie view).

they didn't lose to cincy by much and we beat them worse than okie state did, so...

johngateswhiteley
12-03-2009, 12:42 PM
we should be #1 in the country.

Doug Collins
12-05-2009, 10:12 AM
Zips played some good defense and their 7 footer exposed our lack of size for awhile. Nice win at home against a quality mid major opponent. Would've wished they'd kept up the intensity after going up 11 early, but they closed out the game right. Harris probably had his best all around game with great d and he dished out 8 assists.

Walkup's progress has been a really nice surprise this season. He should glimpses last year, especially hitting the game winner against Arizona, but now he's playing his role as well as anyone on the team.

johngateswhiteley
12-10-2009, 02:56 AM
still winning. washington is the game...

Blake
12-10-2009, 03:06 AM

you'll always be pfcmike to me :tu

johngateswhiteley
12-10-2009, 06:07 PM
i didn't realize new mexico was undefeated. thats A&M's next opponent and its at new mexico...hmm.

MajorMike
12-10-2009, 07:04 PM
you'll always be pfcmike to me :tu

Yet another example of the classy fanbase.

johngateswhiteley
12-13-2009, 05:42 AM
fucking...fuck. i guess that first half buried us, i knew we couldn't not play our best and win. damn waste...

Thompson
12-15-2009, 12:04 AM
I had to stop watching for a while after the back-to-back turnovers due to the full court press. Why didn't we do that? It was very effective against us.

Well, we're still ranked. And Ray Turner was academically cleared by the NCAA, hopefully by the end of the year we'll have a little more depth in the front court (we'll need it).

Ed Helicopter Jones
12-18-2009, 05:12 PM
The Lobos are pretty decent this year. I wish they'd start up an annual game with the Aggies. Turgeon likes talking smack about how he doesn't respect the UNM program...it's been in the papers here, and Steve Alford definitely uses it as bulletin board material. Funny part is that Turgeon kept it up after the game was over.

johngateswhiteley
12-18-2009, 08:36 PM
I had to stop watching for a while after the back-to-back turnovers due to the full court press. Why didn't we do that? It was very effective against us.

Well, we're still ranked. And Ray Turner was academically cleared by the NCAA, hopefully by the end of the year we'll have a little more depth in the front court (we'll need it).

the only two losses we've had this year, Roland didn't play (or wasn't allowed to)...

johngateswhiteley
12-22-2009, 11:44 AM
huge game tonight...must win, imo...@ washington

K-State Spur
12-22-2009, 01:10 PM
The Lobos are pretty decent this year. I wish they'd start up an annual game with the Aggies. Turgeon likes talking smack about how he doesn't respect the UNM program...it's been in the papers here, and Steve Alford definitely uses it as bulletin board material. Funny part is that Turgeon kept it up after the game was over.

Love him or hate him, it's undeniable that Turg is a whiner.

2 years ago, he complained that KSU had a week to prepare for A&M when the Cats won big, then a couple weeks later he compalined that A&M's week layoff to prepare for an opponent made them flat.

johngateswhiteley
12-23-2009, 12:35 AM
I just can't believe it...hope Roland is ok. We fucking need him....Fuck.

johngateswhiteley
12-23-2009, 12:50 AM
Shocking....as soon as Roland goes out. Give me a fucking break...

...when the Fuck does rugby start.

Doug Collins
12-23-2009, 01:09 AM

What the fuck did you expect? The guy is the leader of the team and just suffered a career ending injury. If you saw Sloan and Davis' reaction, you could see how much he meant to the team.

Go enjoy those rugby faggots butt fucking each other and take your bandwagon bullshit with you.

It's a real shame to see Roland go out like that during his senior year. Hopefully, the team can come together and eventually refocus.

DesignatedT
12-23-2009, 01:18 AM

your a fuckin idiot.

obviously this team lost all focus after seeing their leader/teammate/friend suffer a career ending injury.

give credit for those kids hanging in there in the first place.

Thompson
12-23-2009, 01:21 AM
Is it just me, or was our team offense way, way, way better when Acie Law was here? I remember that team making laser passes all over the court, finding the open man every possession.

Our current offense seems to consist of frenetic dribbling, getting into trouble and throwing risky passes (frequently turnovers), and one-on-one play. I can hardly stand watching it. That Acie Law offense was what won me over to college basketball; I don't think I'd ever seen a better passing team in my life.

I hope Roland is ok, Sloan really looked torn up about him. I guess the 'silver lining,' if there is one, is that our younger guys will get some much-needed experience for next year, when we lose Sloan, Roland and Davis.

Doug Collins
12-23-2009, 01:42 AM
your a fuckin idiot.

obviously this team lost all focus after seeing their leader/teammate/friend suffer a career ending injury.

Absolutely a terrible thing that happened to Roland. I always respected the way he played and carried himself on the court. I feel really bad for him and wish him the best in his recovery.

jgw should quit pretending he's a fucking aggie fan after posting that bullshit. Guess he didn't learn shit in his 1 semester at A&M. Maybe he should concentrate on explaining why Joe McKnight is driving a land rover registered to his baby momma's boss around campus.

Doug Collins
12-23-2009, 01:50 AM
Is it just me, or was our team offense way, way, way better when Acie Law was here? I remember that team making laser passes all over the court, finding the open man every possession.

Our current offense seems to consist of frenetic dribbling, getting into trouble and throwing risky passes (frequently turnovers), and one-on-one play. I can hardly stand watching it. That Acie Law offense was what won me over to college basketball; I don't think I'd ever seen a better passing team in my life.

I hope Roland is ok, Sloan really looked torn up about him. I guess the 'silver lining,' if there is one, is that our younger guys will get some much-needed experience for next year, when we lose Sloan, Roland and Davis.

BJ Holmes should really be starting. He's the best ball handler and shooter, which helps space the floor so Sloan can drive to the hoop. Outside of Holmes, this team lacks a credibile outside threat which allows teams to play off our perimeter guys and hassle our bigs down low. They also lack size which was a strength in previous years.

Definitely will need Middleton, Hibbert, and Harris to step it up. It was good to see Turner play with some energy in his first game. They don't play again for another week and a half, so hopefully Turgeon can get them refocused.

johngateswhiteley
12-23-2009, 01:51 AM
What the fuck did you expect? The guy is the leader of the team and just suffered a career ending injury. If you saw Sloan and Davis' reaction, you could see how much he meant to the team.

Go enjoy those rugby faggots butt fucking each other and take your bandwagon bullshit with you.

Nice assumption smart guy...

1. I'm pissed Roland got hurt
2. It's not fair, he's a great player and a great leader
3. I'm too emotionally invested, which is why I want play rugby...now. hence the comment

...you're way off base, so shut the Fuck up. I want to crack your face open...but admittedly, that's an over reaction.

Doug Collins
12-23-2009, 01:53 AM
Nice assumption smart guy...

1. I'm pissed Roland got hurt
2. It's not fair, he's a great player and a great leader
3. I'm too emotionally invested, which is why I want play rugby...now. hence the comment

...you're way off base, so shut the Fuck up. I want to crack your face open...but admittedly, that's an over reaction.

Bring it. Will you be wearing a&m or usc apparel?

johngateswhiteley
12-23-2009, 01:57 AM
your a fuckin idiot.

Course they get credit...I'm pissed, and you and your twin dumbass DC, like to jump to conclusions. Don't know what the Fuck you're talking about.

johngateswhiteley
12-23-2009, 01:59 AM

...tool.

johngateswhiteley
12-23-2009, 02:13 AM
And considering you took great liberties in assuming...I know exactly how you feel about me. What a shame...

...pathetic.

RonMexico
12-23-2009, 02:59 AM
Injury still has me sick to my stomach, not from the visual images, but from the emotional standpoint of watching him improve each year, his closeness to the other seniors on the team, and his improved offensive game to match his tenacious defense. The things on the court will be missed, but he means a lot to the stars and coaches on this team and pulling out a W would have been nice, but it took 2nd place at the 15:00 mark, while the concern for their friend and teammate obviously affected their mental play.

I'm very sad for Roland and hope he could come back by March with rigorous 3 months of healing, but if this is the last we'll see of him on the court, I would love to be there on Senior Day and give him the ovation he, Davis, and Sloan deserve.

johngateswhiteley
12-23-2009, 03:16 AM
Injury still has me sick to my stomach, not from the visual images, but from the emotional standpoint of watching him improve each year, his closeness to the other seniors on the team, and his improved offensive game to match his tenacious defense. The things on the court will be missed, but he means a lot to the stars and coaches on this team and pulling out a W would have been nice, but it took 2nd place at the 15:00 mark, while the concern for their friend and teammate obviously affected their mental play.

I'm very sad for Roland and hope he could come back by March with rigorous 3 months of healing, but if this is the last we'll see of him on the court, I would love to be there on Senior Day and give him the ovation he, Davis, and Sloan deserve.

I think he was the single most important player on the team (performance wise), which speaks volumes. I was sad and mad when it happened, obviously. So damn frustrating...wish I was on the court.

rjv
12-23-2009, 10:51 AM
if he can not come back then perhaps he can get a medical exemption for next year. i seriously doubt he plays again this season.

K-State Spur
12-23-2009, 11:12 AM
if he can not come back then perhaps he can get a medical exemption for next year. i seriously doubt he plays again this season.

on paper, he would be ineligible - Aggies have already played 20% of their schedule.

Doug Collins
12-23-2009, 11:54 AM

Judging from the picture of the injury, I'm just hoping he fully recovers without any long term side effects. I think playing basketball is out of the question for the near future.

It would be great if Turgeon gave him a spot as a grad assistant once he graduates. He would be a great guy to have on the sidelines mentoring the other players. Much like BCG kept Chris Walker on his staff when he went to Kentucky.

TFloss32
12-23-2009, 02:34 PM
If anyone would like to send Derrick Roland an email in the hospital (he'll be there through Christmas and New Year's), here's the link:

[email protected]

Make sure and put "Derrick Roland" in the subject line and your full name at the end of the email.

Ballcox
12-23-2009, 02:50 PM
What happened to him? I haven't seen any highlights of the game, but I definitely respect the guy as solid player and leader. Never wish for any of the kids out there to get hurt, tough way to end a senior year.

In10se
12-23-2009, 04:15 PM
What happened to him? I haven't seen any highlights of the game, but I definitely respect the guy as solid player and leader. Never wish for any of the kids out there to get hurt, tough way to end a senior year.

He jumped under the basket in traffic and when he landed his tibia and fibula in his right leg completely snapped in two and protruded from the leg. It has been said you could hear the snap of the bones throughout the arena. Basically very similar to Joe Theisman's injury in 85 when LT broke him.

Ballcox
12-23-2009, 05:01 PM
Man, that's horrible! Hate to hear about that happening to any player out there competing, just a terrible event. My prayers go out to him and his family, hate to have a kid end his senior year that way after all the effort he's put in the program for over 3 years.

johngateswhiteley
12-23-2009, 06:29 PM
He jumped under the basket in traffic and when he landed his tibia and fibula in his right leg completely snapped in two and protruded from the leg. It has been said you could hear the snap of the bones throughout the arena. Basically very similar to Joe Theisman's injury in 85 when LT broke him.

Yep, he broke both. My dad and his alumni buds were telling me about it earlier today. Can't believe it...

Doug Collins
12-23-2009, 09:03 PM
Deadspin posted a pic of the injury, it's fairly gruesome. Apparently, he already went through surgery and had a rod inserted into his leg.

RonMexico
12-24-2009, 12:39 AM
Another way to send condolences:

http://www.aggieathletics.com/sports/m-baskbl/spec-rel/roland.html

Wish the guy all the best. Poured his heart out on the court. They rebroadcast the game again today on FSN and I happened upon it about 10 seconds before the injury - you can definitely hear his leg snap on TV. Made me sick all over again. Last night, I thought the sound was someone hitting the rim or backboard. I think Davis knew immediately... can't imagine how tough it was to finish the game for them. Turg ran out on the court before the play was dead at the other end.

blkroadrunners
12-24-2009, 12:56 AM
I saw it on youtube - looked very nasty. I really wish him the best.

redraiderinfiji
12-26-2009, 01:48 AM

LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL.......I see that JGW had no rebuttal for this comment

JGW's SC signature is gone, so I guess he is looking for a new team.

JGW - a man that truly believes his own bullshit

redraiderinfiji
12-26-2009, 01:53 AM
I can see JGW starting his own cult, where he is the center piece of worship.

johngateswhiteley
12-26-2009, 04:42 PM
JGW's SC signature is gone, so I guess he is looking for a new team.

why would i ever do that? i'm steady as a rock.

redraiderinfiji
12-26-2009, 06:05 PM
jgw.....your antics and behavior are classic.....but I cant tell if its just stupidity or just rebellion against all things logical

Please choose one for me....

johngateswhiteley
01-12-2010, 08:19 PM
Fucking hell...this little shit clemente has 20 points and the first half isn't even over. Fucking crazy...he's responsible for their entire lead.

....id like to break him.

Blake
01-12-2010, 10:12 PM
Fucking hell...this little shit clemente has 20 points and the first half isn't even over. Fucking crazy...he's responsible for their entire lead.

you're an infant.

johngateswhiteley
01-12-2010, 11:32 PM
you're an infant.

Nah. It was like watching farmar go off on the spurs.

Blake
01-13-2010, 12:17 AM
Nah. It was like watching farmar go off on the spurs.

so you'd like to break farmar too?

you're a crazy infant.

K-State Spur
01-13-2010, 08:18 AM

Davis did his best to try, but then Samuels and others picked up the slack.

ChumpDumper
01-16-2010, 07:50 PM
Where are you guys? Aggies are playing pretty tough at UT.

Fpoonsie
01-16-2010, 08:02 PM
A&M has a tendency to build me up only to disappoint, so I'm not gettin my hopes up right now...

Fpoonsie
01-16-2010, 08:03 PM
:lol

Perfect timing as Walkup takes it to the basket for the And1. My god, I'm bad at this.

ChumpDumper
01-16-2010, 08:05 PM
Do UT fans have a dance for every arena song?

Fpoonsie
01-16-2010, 08:09 PM
Atleast that lil grouping of them does; though, each dance looks awkwardly similar.

Fpoonsie
01-16-2010, 08:13 PM
Hoooooly crap.

OT. How did NEITHER of those shots go down?

DMX7
01-16-2010, 08:14 PM
Alexis is Spurs GM R.C.'s adopted son but he is sucking bad so far this game.

Fpoonsie
01-16-2010, 08:21 PM
Wow. Davis. You're as dumb as you are ugly. Way to pick up a needless technical w/ your stupid shove.

Ass.

ChumpDumper
01-16-2010, 08:25 PM
Wow. Davis. You're as dumb as you are ugly. Way to pick up a needless technical w/ your stupid shove.

Ass.From hero to goat.

They're still alive.

Fpoonsie
01-16-2010, 08:29 PM
From hero to goat.

They're still alive.

I just don't get what goes through a player's head at a time like that.

Fpoonsie
01-16-2010, 08:33 PM
Never got a good look at that 3, but from far away, there looked like a HELL of a lotta contact.

Oh, well.

ChumpDumper
01-16-2010, 08:33 PM
UT is starting to look like their football team. Unbeaten but far from unbeatable.

Doug Collins
01-16-2010, 08:41 PM
Great game.

Turgeon sucks as a coach, I'm done defending his shittiness. He's downplayed our free throw shooting all season and it costs us yet another game. I don't know what the fuck Dash Harris was doing on the last possession, dribbling out the clock down 3.

James is a fucking beast, that was an awesome 2nd half by him. Sloan played his guts out, really wish someone else from the perimeter would step up and help out with the scoring load.

johngateswhiteley
01-16-2010, 08:43 PM
UT is starting to look like their football team. Unbeaten but far from unbeatable.

A&M led the whole fucking game...almost.

ChumpDumper
01-16-2010, 08:52 PM
A&M led the whole fucking game...almost.Yeah, they barely beat A&M Corpus Christi at home a couple of weeks ago as well.

Whisky Dog
01-16-2010, 08:54 PM

Nobody in sports is ever unbeatable since these are humans plating and not robots. Pittman needs to regroup and step his game up because he's fading. Bradley and Hamilton both had bad games, more surprising from Bradley. At least they were able to win the game with aggy going full force and bringing it.

Whisky Dog
01-16-2010, 08:56 PM
BTW, Davis travels on every low post move but never gets called for it. Thought I was watching the NBA.

Doug Collins
01-16-2010, 08:58 PM
BTW, Davis travels on every low post move but never gets called for it. Thought I was watching the NBA.

Davis has the worst footwork I've ever seen, it's really amazing to watch.

Cant_Be_Faded
01-16-2010, 09:13 PM
We are very beatable.

The team suffers from a few major flaws and as the season progresses teams are making it more and more difficult.
We have no consistent three point shooting and the point guard that runs the offense the most has no ability to shoot any jump shot whatsoever.

So teams are crowding the paint more and more, making it difficult for us to score in the post, and get our offensive rebounds that we depend on.
Jai Lucus instead of Balbay is no better, Lucas is so tiny and unatheletic he can't even begin to find a quality shot for himself. Very unimpressed by him.

The saving grace for this team is Damion James' newfound primacy, and J'Covan's ability to be an x-factor on offense. If Jordan Hamilton can learn to see the floor and not just look for his own shot, it can totally change things though.

Team also looks very flat footed the past two games. It's like they're all fatigued or something...not seeing the spark on defensive pressure we saw to begin the season. However in OT, J'Covan, Avery, and Dogus all looked way more energized than their agg counterparts.

Davis and Sloan played us amazingly. All the credit in the world. I honestly thought we'd blow them out by the 2nd half. But like a broken record, aggies played us the same way thye've been playing us for like 6 years.

Doug Collins
01-16-2010, 09:22 PM
We are very beatable.

The team suffers from a few major flaws and as the season progresses teams are making it more and more difficult.
We have no consistent three point shooting and the point guard that runs the offense the most has no ability to shoot any jump shot whatsoever.

So teams are crowding the paint more and more, making it difficult for us to score in the post, and get our offensive rebounds that we depend on.
Jai Lucus instead of Balbay is no better, Lucas is so tiny and unatheletic he can't even begin to find a quality shot for himself. Very unimpressed by him.

The saving grace for this team is Damion James' newfound primacy, and J'Covan's ability to be an x-factor on offense. If Jordan Hamilton can learn to see the floor and not just look for his own shot, it can totally change things though.

Team also looks very flat footed the past two games. It's like they're all fatigued or something...not seeing the spark on defensive pressure we saw to begin the season. However in OT, J'Covan, Avery, and Dogus all looked way more energized than their agg counterparts.

Davis and Sloan played us amazingly. All the credit in the world. I honestly thought we'd blow them out by the 2nd half. But like a broken record, aggies played us the same way thye've been playing us for like 6 years.

Don't forget poor free throw shooting.

Cant_Be_Faded
01-16-2010, 09:47 PM
yeah ft shooting my bad
its atrocious

if only balbay was a mediocre jump shooter we'd be a totally different team.

The tech on Davis was bulsh but he should never have done that.

MookieCrew
01-16-2010, 09:51 PM
yeah ft shooting my bad
its atrocious

if only balbay was a mediocre jump shooter we'd be a totally different team.

The tech on Davis was bulsh but he should never have done that.
dont worry if the longhorns are ever crominated you can just PM kori and she'll take care of it for you.

Cant_Be_Faded
01-16-2010, 10:05 PM
ehhhh could you possibly do anything else other than copy us and be racist pleeze?

John Kerry
01-16-2010, 10:06 PM
ehhhh could you possibly do anything else other than copy us and be racist pleeze?

brah if u don't like it just PM kori again. squirt a few more tears and maybe she'll ban us.

DMX7
01-16-2010, 10:14 PM
http://media.ebaumsworld.com/mediaFiles/picture/95606/864177.jpg

mookie2001
01-16-2010, 10:31 PM
Teams don't go unbeaten in basketball

Damion improves steadily Texas is a real good team, but pittman is trying to show scouts he can score zero baskets with his left hand and zero with his right

Thompson
01-16-2010, 10:36 PM

Are you saying you were racist first? Can we just trash-talk without slinging terms like 'racist' around? It's immature.

Cant_Be_Faded
01-16-2010, 10:42 PM
http://media.ebaumsworld.com/mediaFiles/picture/95606/864177.jpg

That's fucking awesome.

mookie2001
01-16-2010, 10:47 PM
That's from universal soldier 2

DMX7
01-16-2010, 11:49 PM
Teams don't go unbeaten in basketball

Damion improves steadily Texas is a real good team, but pittman is trying to show scouts he can score zero baskets with his left hand and zero with his right

It's happened quite a few times in college basketball. I don't Texas will but it's not impossible.

K-State Spur
01-18-2010, 01:24 PM
Where are you guys? Aggies are playing pretty tough at UT.

Well, Texas has a road game against a top 10 opponent tonight that has given them all kinds of problems in recent years - and they're not talking about it on here (and barely on their own boards) either.

johngateswhiteley
01-28-2010, 02:09 AM
Tough loss to those rednecks...but sloan continues to give this team a chance and make me look good. Winning at okie was going to be tough...but nearly impossible when they shoot almost 60% from the field and over 60% from 3.

...at least it was on the road.

Doug Collins
01-28-2010, 09:45 AM
Tough loss to those rednecks...but sloan continues to give this team a chance and make me look good. Winning at okie was going to be tough...but nearly impossible when they shoot almost 60% from the field and over 60% from 3.

...at least it was on the road.

It wasn't just on the road it was at HISTORIC GALLAGHER IBA ARENA, home of EDDIE SUTTON COURT. I dug seeing the Sean Sutton Memorial sobriety check right off N. Main St when leaving the arena.

Okie State has more decals and bullshit on their court than any arena I've seen. They somehow managed to one up the numerous O'Reillys and United Spirit decals at Tech.

Okie State shot lights out, especially when the ags were slow to rotate on the perimeter, and we shot too many 3s. Whatever, we'll get'em next time!

johngateswhiteley
02-04-2010, 01:38 AM
Unbelievable road win tonight....wow.

Thompson
02-04-2010, 01:45 AM
Ray Turner hardly ever plays (just cleared by the NCAA and has spent little time with the team), but he had a pretty impressive dunk that they replayed 6 or 7 times. It was louder than you can hear in this video.

tIH4bzCRrw4

Doug Collins
02-04-2010, 09:33 AM
Unbelievable road win tonight....wow.

That was a great win. Best thing about it was the younger guys, specifically Middleton and Loubeau, really showed some confidence and made clutch plays down the stretch. I think this is one of the better coached games I've seen from Turgeon. He had good rotations and used the proper motivation (sitting all our starters in the 2nd half) to keep the team focused.

The free throw shooting situation is getting out of hand. Props to Sloan and Holmes for hitting some big ones, even though BJ choked away 2 freebies in the final minute.

That Ray Turner dunk was sick.

Thompson
02-06-2010, 06:10 PM
Aggies take down Baylor (ranked 20) in College Station 78-71. Great game, Aggies had several points where the Bears were fixing to build a big lead and they stifled them and came back for the win.

Will the Aggies be ranked after this?

Doug Collins
02-06-2010, 06:13 PM
Huge win against Baylor. Great game.

Bukefal
02-06-2010, 06:25 PM
Nice game aggies

johngateswhiteley
02-06-2010, 07:09 PM
3rd place...damn.

Obstructed_View
02-07-2010, 08:25 AM
Aggies take down Baylor (ranked 20) in College Station 78-71. Great game, Aggies had several points where the Bears were fixing to build a big lead and they stifled them and came back for the win.

Will the Aggies be ranked after this?

Baylor got hot a couple of times and tried to lose them, and just couldn't. Damn the big 12 is good this year.

K-State Spur
02-07-2010, 11:02 AM
by the formula road wins = +1, home losses = -1, home wins/road losses = 0

ku: +4
k-state: +2
mizzou: +1
a&m: +1
ut: +1
osu: 0
baylor: 0
ou: 0
tech: -1
isu: -2
colorado: -3
unl: -3

Doug Collins
02-13-2010, 07:13 PM
lol united supermarkets

Another quality road win, it's on for big monday.

Thompson
02-13-2010, 09:02 PM
Another quality road win, it's on for big monday.

I'll be there. Hopefully it will be a sellout crowd.

Doug Collins
02-13-2010, 10:20 PM
I'll be there. Hopefully it will be a sellout crowd.

Biggest game of the year, I hope it sells out. Just hoping they limit their turnovers and don't get blown out early on.

johngateswhiteley
02-14-2010, 02:24 PM
Huge win for aggs against a team that doesn't lose at home. The fact that it was tekk makes it sweeter.

MajorMike
02-15-2010, 01:48 AM
Turgeon winning with a bunch of misfits and Calipari taking UK (yes, I know they have Wall now) from zero to hero affirms to me that Billy G is a crap coach. He had way more talent that this team and pissed it away. The Fran of basketball.

johngateswhiteley
02-15-2010, 02:20 AM
Turgeon winning with a bunch of misfits and Calipari taking UK (yes, I know they have Wall now) from zero to hero affirms to me that Billy G is a crap coach. He had way more talent that this team and pissed it away. The Fran of basketball.

except, Gillispie brought our program back from the grave. there is no denying that.

...aside, Turgeon is doing a HELL of a job this year.

Doug Collins
02-15-2010, 08:47 AM

I wouldn't say BCG is a crap coach, he did elevate the program out of complete nothingness, but he's nothing exceptional. The guy got his players to play hard and for A&M that worked to get the program going. I don't think he's a coach who could reach everyone and that was his problem...he was also a drunk (not as bad as Sean or Eddie Sutton but close).

After ragging on Turgeon, he's completely surprised me. I think we've seen him grow as a coach along with this particular team. They really believe in each other and never panic, which is something they did early in the season. His rotations have been spot on and he's gotten the younger players contributing. I don't expect a win against Kansas, but as long as they stay focused and limit turnovers they should be able to hang around.

K-State Spur
02-15-2010, 08:57 AM

take wall AND cousins off that team, and they are basically in the same boat that they were a year ago = patrick patterson (good player, but not the #1 option on a great team) + a bunch of role players.

K-State Spur
02-15-2010, 09:01 AM
I wouldn't say BCG is a crap coach, he did elevate the program out of complete nothingness, but he's nothing exceptional. The guy got his players to play hard and for A&M that worked to get the program going. I don't think he's a coach who could reach everyone and that was his problem...he was also a drunk (not as bad as Sean or Eddie Sutton but close).

After ragging on Turgeon, he's completely surprised me. I think we've seen him grow as a coach along with this particular team. They really believe in each other and never panic, which is something they did early in the season. His rotations have been spot on and he's gotten the younger players contributing. I don't expect a win against Kansas, but as long as they stay focused and limit turnovers they should be able to hang around.

turgeon's always shown the ability to gameplan with the best of them. the only question on him was the end-of-season collapses at WSU. it happened to him 3 times in his final 4 years in the Valley (and I'm not talking about just a couple of late losses, these were monumental falling off a cliff finishes). but obviously he has made some adjustments and whatever was a factor then does not appear to be now.

in a league full of stellar coaches, he's definitely in the upper echelon.

johngateswhiteley
02-15-2010, 08:08 PM
turgeon's always shown the ability to gameplan with the best of them. the only question on him was the end-of-season collapses at WSU. it happened to him 3 times in his final 4 years in the Valley (and I'm not talking about just a couple of late losses, these were monumental falling off a cliff finishes). but obviously he has made some adjustments and whatever was a factor then does not appear to be now.

in a league full of stellar coaches, he's definitely in the upper echelon.

Tonight is going to be very interesting. I don't think its responsible to predict a win...at all. But I do think it will be a good game cause its in CS and the Aggs have been playing well.

tlongII
02-15-2010, 09:31 PM
How was that not a foul???

tlongII
02-15-2010, 09:31 PM
Shit, I would have called a flagrant!

Pistons < Spurs
02-15-2010, 09:57 PM
good game so far.

too close for my liking though. Hopefully Kansas steps it up in the 2nd half.

K-State Spur
02-15-2010, 10:00 PM
How was that not a foul???

welcome to the big 12. KU almost guaranteed a +10 FT differential home or away. especially when higgins is officiating - he's got jayhawk jammies.

bogus technical call too.

tlongII
02-15-2010, 10:58 PM
Excellent game.

tlongII
02-15-2010, 10:59 PM
I wish Bobby Knight would quit tossing the refs' salad though.

tlongII
02-15-2010, 11:04 PM
Kansas has shot twice as many free throws. Sheesh.

johngateswhiteley
02-15-2010, 11:18 PM
welcome to the big 12. KU almost guaranteed a +10 FT differential home or away. especially when higgins is officiating - he's got jayhawk jammies.

Fuck...

Pistons < Spurs
02-15-2010, 11:19 PM
Good game. Much tougher than I was expecting. We were able to get it done in the end. Collins better not have many more poor games like this one though.

Doug Collins
02-15-2010, 11:23 PM
Horrible officiating, but the aggies blew it by not going down low in the last 3 minutes. Knight's love affair with the officiating was absolutely ridiculous, especially when Dash broke his back. And Fuck both Musberger and Knight for constantly jinxing the aggies with their bullshit, i.e. Knight with his "if you had to ask me now I'd say A&M is going to win." Fuck you asshole no one was asking, so shut the fuck up.

Fin.

Ps Good game.

Doug Collins
02-15-2010, 11:31 PM

There was absolutely no reason to call that technical, especially since the official under the basket thought nothing of it. Let Harris get murdered on one end, and give them a bogus call on the other. Whatever, aggies had numerous chances and didn't come through.

Thompson
02-16-2010, 01:10 AM

Yeah, I was walking out and I heard an Aggie ask one of the Jayhawk fans 'how much were you guys paying the refs tonight?' The Jayhawk fan actually acknowledged that there were 'some pretty strange calls,' but it might have been because he was surrounded by 10,000 cranky Aggies.

We can't rely on the 3 for the knockout punch when we tend to suck at shooting 3's. We also missed way too many free throws. I still don't know what the technical fouls were for. Something to do with Turner, but what did he do?

Doug Collins
02-16-2010, 07:31 AM
Yeah, I was walking out and I heard an Aggie ask one of the Jayhawk fans 'how much were you guys paying the refs tonight?' The Jayhawk fan actually acknowledged that there were 'some pretty strange calls,' but it might have been because he was surrounded by 10,000 cranky Aggies.

We can't rely on the 3 for the knockout punch when we tend to suck at shooting 3's. We also missed way too many free throws. I still don't know what the technical fouls were for. Something to do with Turner, but what did he do?

They called it on Loubeau for hanging on the rim after he missed a putback.

Blake
02-16-2010, 11:19 AM
I wish Bobby Knight would quit tossing the refs' salad though.

I didn't catch him lebombing any refs. I thought there were several times he said "that should have been called a foul"....mostly when KU came up to double team the ball handler just after he would cross mid court.

Blake
02-16-2010, 11:20 AM
great game.

I don't think much changes. KU would have been a #1 seed regardless and I think A&M still makes the tourney as a #8 or #9 seed.

Blake
02-16-2010, 11:24 AM
Horrible officiating, but the aggies blew it by not going down low in the last 3 minutes. Knight's love affair with the officiating was absolutely ridiculous, especially when Dash broke his back. And Fuck both Musberger and Knight for constantly jinxing the aggies with their bullshit, i.e. Knight with his "if you had to ask me now I'd say A&M is going to win." Fuck you asshole no one was asking, so shut the fuck up.

Fin.

Ps Good game.

Ok, I guess I just missed him talking at the end because I also missed him saying "if you had to ask me....."

I agree though......fuck Musberger and Knight.

MajorMike
02-16-2010, 12:29 PM
Regardless of poor officiating or the bonus points KU gets, atm had them where they wanted them with momentum at 52 and 54... then didn't score the last 3 something minutes. Gotta finish if you want to beat a team like that.

atm would be about a 5 or 6 seed right now. I think today between UT, Baylor and atm, there are three seeds, at least one of which (maybe two) will be five seeds and the other a six. Still lots of time left this year.

Doug Collins
02-16-2010, 02:59 PM
great game.

I don't think much changes. KU would have been a #1 seed regardless and I think A&M still makes the tourney as a #8 or #9 seed.

A&M needs to avoid an 8/9 seed as much as possible, especially after last season's 2nd round UConn destruction. I think as a 5-7 seed this team is very dangerous and could make the sweet 16. They have to stay focused and finish strong, the schedule is still difficult with Texas, @Baylor, OSU, @OU, and @ ISU left.

johngateswhiteley
02-16-2010, 04:55 PM
Regardless of poor officiating or the bonus points KU gets, atm had them where they wanted them with momentum at 52 and 54... then didn't score the last 3 something minutes. Gotta finish if you want to beat a team like that.

atm would be about a 5 or 6 seed right now. I think today between UT, Baylor and atm, there are three seeds, at least one of which (maybe two) will be five seeds and the other a six. Still lots of time left this year.

completely agree. imo, IF A&M continues to play well, they'll be a 5 or 6.

Blake
02-16-2010, 05:01 PM
A&M needs to avoid an 8/9 seed as much as possible, especially after last season's 2nd round UConn destruction. I think as a 5-7 seed this team is very dangerous and could make the sweet 16. They have to stay focused and finish strong, the schedule is still difficult with Texas, @Baylor, OSU, @OU, and @ ISU left.

I agree, they need to avoid the 8/9, but with that brutal schedule, I'm not seeing it.

Luckily for them they squeezed by Tech the other night or worst case they could be traveling to the NIT on the same bus with the Raiders.

johngateswhiteley
02-16-2010, 05:07 PM
I agree, they need to avoid the 8/9, but with that brutal schedule, I'm not seeing it.

Luckily for them they squeezed by Tech the other night or worst case they could be traveling to the NIT on the same bus with the Raiders.

@ isu
@ bu
tex
oks
@ ou

...is not a brutal schedule b/c of the home games. @isu, tex, & oks should all be wins...if you've been paying attention and @ bu & @ ou are definitely winnable. my guess is A&M goes 3-2, could easily go 4-1.

Blake
02-16-2010, 05:14 PM
@ isu
@ bu
tex
oks
@ ou

...is not a brutal schedule b/c of the home games. @isu, tex, & oks should all be wins...if you've been paying attention and @ bu & @ ou are definitely winnable. my guess is A&M goes 3-2, could easily go 4-1.

Texas should be a win?

you are a fucking idiot. nothing new to those of us paying attention to your shitty posts.

Iowa st and maybe OU are the only supposed "gimmes". I'll say 3-2, but 1-4 would not surprise me.

rjv
02-16-2010, 05:15 PM

no kidding. i'd rather be a 5 or 6 or an 11 or 12 seed than that terrible we get the number 1 seed next bracket.

johngateswhiteley
02-16-2010, 06:32 PM
Texas should be a win?

you are a fucking idiot. nothing new to those of us paying attention to your shitty posts.

Iowa st and maybe OU are the only supposed "gimmes". I'll say 3-2, but 1-4 would not surprise me.

my posts aren't shitty...huh?

anyway, yes, t.u. should be a win for A&M at home. A&M is currently playing better than t.u. and they could have easily won a tight one in austin. im not sure why thats so hard to understand.

Thompson
02-16-2010, 07:25 PM
We took texas to overtime in Austin when they were the #1 seed and brimming with confidence. Now they're discombobulated and playing us in College Station. I think we'll probably win, I'd say around 80% probability.

Then again we have games where we shoot 12% from 3, so who knows. :lol

K-State Spur
02-16-2010, 10:32 PM
Texas should be a win?

jgw can be special from time to time. but A&M should go into the Tejas game as a stout favorite.

MajorMike
02-17-2010, 09:12 AM
Special like a Special Olympian.

Doug Collins
02-17-2010, 09:21 AM
Special like a Special Olympian.

Where everyone's a winner!

Doug Collins
02-20-2010, 07:23 PM
Another road win, big test Wednesday at Baylor. Hoping we can go 3-1 to finish out the season.

johngateswhiteley
02-21-2010, 12:13 AM
big 12 road wins are huge...don't particularly care who they are against. in fact, k state and osu only beat isu by 4 (@isu).

that being said, A&M was playing well enough in the second half to win by more...

DesignatedT
02-21-2010, 12:38 AM
another good win for us although it was sloppy! Baylor should be a tough matchup in waco.

looking forward to the t.u game on saturday! reed was rocking for the kansas game. loudest ive ever seen it.

BUMP
02-21-2010, 08:49 PM
Baylor has a sick team this year, no way the Aggs are winning that one

johngateswhiteley
02-22-2010, 11:29 AM
Baylor has a sick team this year, no way the Aggs are winning that one

you mean @ baylor?...cause we already beat them this year.

DesignatedT
02-23-2010, 01:40 AM
i dont expect the ags to win up in waco... they have had this game circled since we beat them at home, but if we can keep it close then anything can happen. its going to be a pretty hostile crowd so they better win or it could get worse than when the baptism happened. :lol

johngateswhiteley
02-23-2010, 12:47 PM
i dont expect the ags to win up in waco... they have had this game circled since we beat them at home, but if we can keep it close then anything can happen. its going to be a pretty hostile crowd so they better win or it could get worse than when the baptism happened. :lol

i certainly don't expect A&M to win, but I expect it to be close. And the Aggs very well could pull the upset...

however, if they do win, its a massive and pivotal win.

Fpoonsie
02-24-2010, 10:21 PM
TAMU hanging tough relatively early in the 2nd half. Regardless of the outcome, pleased w/ the Ags' effort out there.

Fpoonsie
02-24-2010, 10:33 PM
Ooooof course, as soon as I say that, A&M goes ICE cold. 3-14 so far in the 2nd half. Ags down by 7.

SpursNextRomanEmpire
02-24-2010, 11:12 PM
dammit, if we had just gotten that rebound

Fpoonsie
02-24-2010, 11:15 PM
Yeah. Still, a good showing from the Ags. They're gonna be a tough out in tourney play.

SpursNextRomanEmpire
02-24-2010, 11:16 PM
yes they are

Doug Collins
02-24-2010, 11:34 PM
Turnovers did us in, especially in the last 5 minutes. I figured they'd lose the game, but they put up a hell of a fight. Gotta win the last 3 games and finish strong.

It's still funny to see Baylor exhibiting any type of school spirit. Scott Drew is Rick Barnes 2.0, great recruiter and mediocre coach. With that talent, Baylor should be a lot better than they are.

DesignatedT
02-25-2010, 02:22 AM
was a good game. good effort by the ags. now time to focus on t.u

K-State Spur
02-25-2010, 09:12 AM
It's still funny to see Baylor exhibiting any type of school spirit. Scott Drew is Rick Barnes 2.0, great recruiter and mediocre coach. With that talent, Baylor should be a lot better than they are.

I take some exception to this, Barnes is a heck of a coach. He's had some talent at Texas, but people forget that he won at Clemson when they were the armpit of the ACC (and the ACC was still the elite 9 team basketball league) with virtually no NBA talent (unless you count Greg Buckner).

And most of his elite talent at Texas has left him very early. Guys like Durant, Aldridge, Ford, Gibson, and Augustine make headlines, but it's the veteran teams that are cutting down the nets in March every year ('03 Syracuse being an exception).

I don't think there is any doubt that THIS year's squad has underachieved for him a bit, but it's also been exposed as a very flawed team. Virtually none of his role players have provided James with any kind of consistent help. It's tough to cover that with coaching.

johngateswhiteley
02-25-2010, 03:56 PM
real tough loss, thought the Ags were gonna pull it out. just a tough game...gotta win the next 2 at home, for sure.

Thompson
02-27-2010, 04:23 PM
74-58, A&M over tu. Hopefully Holmes (ankle?) and Brown are okay. Brown had to be taken out on a stretcher after hitting his head on the floor really hard on an offensive foul on Holmes with about 2 minutes left in the game.

Next game is Oklahoma State at home, then Oklahoma on the road. Hopefully the Aggies can win out, but we'll see.

Doug Collins
02-27-2010, 04:42 PM
74-58, A&M over tu. Hopefully Holmes (ankle?) and Brown are okay. Brown had to be taken out on a stretcher after hitting his head on the floor really hard on an offensive foul on Holmes with about 2 minutes left in the game.

Next game is Oklahoma State at home, then Oklahoma on the road. Hopefully the Aggies can win out, but we'll see.

BJ is the only consistent perimeter threat we have, hope it wasn't anything too serious. Good win today, OSU should be a tough one.

leemajors
02-27-2010, 04:58 PM
How bad was UT? I just saw the gamecast before getting disinterested.

Bukefal
02-27-2010, 06:13 PM

Yeah, Hope they are ok. Especially Brown, that looked pretty bad :wow. He didnt even open his eyes. Props to the aggies fans though for the respect :tu and congrats on the win.

johngateswhiteley
02-27-2010, 08:19 PM
As I said, this was expected, but its great to follow through. If we can get by osu, we have a great chance to go 11-5 in conference.

SpursNextRomanEmpire
02-27-2010, 08:48 PM
Texas should be a win?

what a fucking dumb ass!

nothing new to those of us paying attention to your shitty team.

johngateswhiteley
02-28-2010, 01:10 AM
what a fucking dumb ass!

I wasn't going to rub it in blakes face...but he probably deserves it.

Blake
03-01-2010, 12:43 AM

so how much money did you win off this easy call?

Blake
03-01-2010, 12:45 AM
what a fucking dumb ass!

why are you paying attention to my shitty team?

dumb ass.

johngateswhiteley
03-01-2010, 02:32 AM

so how much money did you win off this easy call?

5$...nobody wanted to bet.

Blake
03-01-2010, 03:50 AM

Vegas is always open for a bet.

johngateswhiteley
03-01-2010, 11:50 AM

thanks, i didn't know that.

Blake
03-01-2010, 12:44 PM
thanks, i didn't know that. thats a shame. Next time you are that sure of yourself i will remind you to put your money where your mouth is.

johngateswhiteley
03-01-2010, 02:24 PM
thats a shame. Next time you are that sure of yourself i will remind you to put your money where your mouth is.

there are so many assumptions in this, and your previous post, that i don't know where to begin.

...just listen to me next time.

Blake
03-01-2010, 04:09 PM

there are so many assumptions in this post, I don't even know where to start.

Next time I listen to you make a claim about how a rival game against an opponent ranked higher should be a win, I'll remind you about Vegas being open to take your bet.

johngateswhiteley
03-01-2010, 05:00 PM
there are so many assumptions in this post, I don't even know where to start.

Next time I listen to you make a claim about how a rival game against an opponent ranked higher should be a win, I'll remind you about Vegas being open to take your bet.

must be that tekk education, if you went there, rearing its ugly had again.

'he probably deserves it' ....not much there, i left room for doubt.

MajorMike
03-01-2010, 06:41 PM
Get a room.

Blake
03-02-2010, 09:20 AM
must be that tekk education, if you went there, rearing its ugly had again.

'he probably deserves it' ....not much there, i left room for doubt.

there's no doubt you are an idiot.

johngateswhiteley
03-03-2010, 12:50 PM
still can't believe osu beat kansas. anyway, huge game again tonight for the Aggs...gotta be a win. :drunk

Doug Collins
03-03-2010, 11:16 PM
And 1 to go...

James Anderson is a badass, too bad he has to play with a 12 year old white kid and a brohawk wearing douche. Great win, got to cut down on the turnovers, but can't really complain with a blowout win over a quality opponent.

johngateswhiteley
03-03-2010, 11:47 PM
I'm shocked A&M won, I thought they were going to finish 1-4 in there last 5.

Oh, can someone explain to my why everyone keeps saying A&M is still fighting for as high as the 4 seed? ...listen Fuck sticks, we can get the 3rd seed too.

Thompson
03-04-2010, 02:58 AM
I'm shocked A&M won, I thought they were going to finish 1-4 in there last 5.

Oh, can someone explain to my why everyone keeps saying A&M is still fighting for as high as the 4 seed? ...listen Fuck sticks, we can get the 3rd seed too.

I guess most people figure Texas doesn't have a great shot at beating Baylor in their arena (especially after already losing to the Bears in Austin). You never know, though. It could happen.

I don't remember, what is the advantage of the 3 seed over the 4 seed in the Big 12 tournament? Does it determine home court, or are all the games played at a neutral location?

K-State Spur
03-04-2010, 07:31 AM
all games in KC. 3 probably gets Texas in their first game, 4 is probably looking at Baylor. 3 is probably looking at KSU in the semis. 4 is probably looking at KU.

johngateswhiteley
03-04-2010, 11:47 AM
I guess most people figure Texas doesn't have a great shot at beating Baylor in their arena (especially after already losing to the Bears in Austin). You never know, though. It could happen.

Could be, but what they are saying is factually incorrect. They speak as if its an impossibility.

t.u. could beat baylor, probably not though. And A&M is going to have their hands full on the road @ ou.

Doug Collins
03-06-2010, 02:08 PM
Onto the Big 12 tournament, looks like Harris re-injured his wrist. Solid end to the year, 3-1 finish with that schedule is awesome.

Looks like we'll see Baylor or Texas barring any 1st round upsets. I like our chances against either, although I don't see anyone taking out Kansas or KSU with their "home court" advantage.

Edit: I guess a Baylor win means we'd probably get Mizzou.

Allan Rowe vs Wade
03-06-2010, 03:10 PM
so TU could win or lose v baylor? interesting

SpursNextRomanEmpire
03-06-2010, 07:15 PM
Good win today

johngateswhiteley
03-08-2010, 06:24 PM
looks like it will be Missouri...tough game.

coyotes_geek
03-10-2010, 05:22 PM
Ags catch a break. Nebraska just knocked off Mizzou. A win against the huskers and a respectable showing against Kansas should be good enough for a 4 seed I would think.

johngateswhiteley
03-10-2010, 06:53 PM
Ags catch a break. Nebraska just knocked off Mizzou. A win against the huskers and a respectable showing against Kansas should be good enough for a 4 seed I would think.

Can't believe it. But I don't think A&M can do better than a 5 unless they beat Kansas. Might not even get a 5 unless they beat Kansas...starts tomorrow.

Doug Collins
03-10-2010, 10:42 PM
Lunardi currently has them as a 5. I'd almost prefer them as a 6, because I think they can compete with/beat most of the 2 or 3 seeds in the tourney. As a 5, they'd potentially get a 1 in the 3rd round. I don't want to assume they will get there, but I really think this team has Sweet 16 potential with the right draw.

coyotes_geek
03-11-2010, 02:06 PM
Upon further review, you guys are right. A 4 seed is too high for a team currently ranked in the 20's, even one with a good rpi.

Doug Collins
03-11-2010, 04:09 PM
Upon further review, you guys are right. A 4 seed is too high for a team currently ranked in the 20's, even one with a good rpi.

Unless your name is Baylor.

The Baylor lovefest (pretty much every media outlet's darling sleeper) blows my mind. Their resume is no better than A&M's except for a road win over Texas, and I would argue that a convincing road win over Mizzou, when they had won 32 straight at home, is just as good. Our non-conference wins are much better than theirs as is our schedule, yet they're consistently listed as a 4 seed with the chance to move up. They are a really good team but give me a break.

I don't see A&M getting higher than a 5, unless they beat Kansas and get to the Big 12 final.

DesignatedT
03-11-2010, 05:01 PM
Ags struggling with Nebraska... Close game

johngateswhiteley
03-11-2010, 05:12 PM
Ags struggling with Nebraska... Close game

yep, nebraska came back with some big 3s. this, of course, sets up another game with kansas...i want to beat those fuckers so bad. but, probably not as bad as Mark does...

Doug Collins
03-11-2010, 05:29 PM
Tough fought victory. Looks like Harris is out for tomorrow's game as well, that really hurts against Kansas.

We'll need to play lights out to beat KU, hopefully ags can hang in there till the end.

Thompson
03-11-2010, 07:17 PM
Tough fought victory. Looks like Harris is out for tomorrow's game as well, that really hurts against Kansas.

We'll need to play lights out to beat KU, hopefully ags can hang in there till the end.

Are they simply keeping Harris out as a precaution so he'll be healthy for the NCAA tournament, or is there a concern he may miss some of that as well?

DesignatedT
03-11-2010, 07:54 PM
yeah. dash is out untill the big dance, just to let those nagging injuries heal and not get re-aggravated. its a good move imo.

he will be back for the ncaa tourney for sure.

i hope we can beat kansas tomorrow...

coyotes_geek
03-11-2010, 08:03 PM
Agreed. A&M is only playing for seeding. No need to risk Dash now.

johngateswhiteley
03-12-2010, 08:47 PM
i knew the Morris brothers were a bunch of tools, but damn...

DesignatedT
03-14-2010, 05:55 PM
seems like a pretty nice draw imo.

utah state is a good team but if we can focus and get past them we can get that struggling purdue team....

duke as 1 and nova 2 is also a positive.

johngateswhiteley
03-14-2010, 06:30 PM
5 seed is big time. And they're coming to spokane! Ha...awesome. If I can get a ticket ill go. Spokane arena is like a 10 min walk from my place.

DesignatedT
03-14-2010, 07:01 PM
5 seed is big time. And they're coming to spokane! Ha...awesome. If I can get a ticket ill go. Spokane arena is like a 10 min walk from my place.

haha thats awesome. you def need to go. Im hoping we can make the sweet 16 since its in houston and only an hour or so drive from college station.

johngateswhiteley
03-14-2010, 08:02 PM
haha thats awesome. you def need to go. Im hoping we can make the sweet 16 since its in houston and only an hour or so drive from college station.

Utah state is kinda scary...top 3 point team. I want this team to make the sweet 16.

coyotes_geek
03-15-2010, 08:55 AM
Utah state is kinda scary...top 3 point team. I want this team to make the sweet 16.

Agreed. Utah State is a tough draw for A&M. I'd much rather have had A&M draw some middle of the pack team from a power conference instead of a mid-major powerhouse who's seeding is artificially deflated because of one bad game in their conference tourney.

johngateswhiteley
03-15-2010, 02:11 PM
Agreed. Utah State is a tough draw for A&M. I'd much rather have had A&M draw some middle of the pack team from a power conference instead of a mid-major powerhouse who's seeding is artificially deflated because of one bad game in their conference tourney.

exactly.

rjv
03-15-2010, 02:16 PM
i hope the aggies beat the crap out of the aggies.

urunobili
03-15-2010, 03:03 PM
I have five, four upsets ready on my Brackets... Duke will choke... UT State has the force on its side... longhorns national champs!!! :downspin:

johngateswhiteley
03-18-2010, 12:56 PM
Got my tickets today. Sienna vs. Purdue and A&M vs. Utah st....should be fun. My first time to see the Ags in the ncaa tourney (in person). Went to their nit game years ago vs. St joes when we lost.

...here's to not repeating that history.

Doug Collins
03-19-2010, 06:00 PM
A&M officially owns the mormon church, the ghost of Joseph Smith might as well hand over the tablets. Lol recruiting an entire team consisting of 26 year old white players.

Middleton is becoming quite the player.

Thompson
03-19-2010, 06:02 PM
With Texas losing to Wake yesterday, Texas A&M and Pitt are the only teams in the nation to advance to the NCAA tournament and win at least 1 game for the past 5 years. That has to be a nice little fact to use when you're recruiting.

johngateswhiteley
03-19-2010, 06:37 PM
With Texas losing to Wake yesterday, Texas A&M and Pitt are the only teams in the nation to advance to the NCAA tournament and win at least 1 game for the past 5 years. That has to be a nice little fact to use when you're recruiting.

My 2 cents since I saw both games live.

1) siena stunk
2) Purdue, like A&M, can go stretches w/out scoring
3) A&M appeared far more athletic than the other 3 teams
4) Utah state missed a ton of 3s they could have made
5) not surprising, dash looked out of rythmn
6) I don't think even Davis knows what hes doing sometimes, but I like his hustle and d
7) usu was really white
8) when sloan was in the game the offense was much smoother, plus nobody can guard him

...what does it all mean? Who knows, this tourney is nuts. But from what I saw, A&Ms got a great chance against Purdue.

johngateswhiteley
03-19-2010, 06:53 PM
Oh, and loubeau is nasty...but I already knew that. Kids going to be a beast. Such great control and presence.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
03-19-2010, 07:28 PM
Hopefully A&M wins by 30. Purdue sucks and it helps my bracket a ton.

johngateswhiteley
03-21-2010, 12:13 AM
Hopefully A&M wins by 30. Purdue sucks and it helps my bracket a ton.

Got my tickets for tomorrows games: A&M vs. Purdue and Mich St. Vs. Maryland. Should be a lot of fun.

...fight 'em Ags.

Jimcs50
03-21-2010, 09:38 AM
If A&M wins today, I am going to Reliant next weekend to watch Ags beat up on the Dukies.

samikeyp
03-21-2010, 10:23 AM
If A&M wins today, I am going to Reliant next weekend to watch Ags beat up on the Dukies.

For one day, we will be on the same side of this one. :lol

Jimcs50
03-21-2010, 12:18 PM
For one day, we will be on the same side of this one. :lol

Duke is the NY Yankees and Dallas Cowboys of college bball....the most loved and most hated team in bball. :)

DesignatedT
03-21-2010, 04:24 PM

same here!

Flintstones32
03-21-2010, 04:25 PM
posted in wrong thread. Anyhow, aggies should be fine. Not impressed with Johnson's 1 on 1 D all year. Davis should destroy him.

Flintstones32
03-21-2010, 04:26 PM
can the defender's leg still be moving forward and it be a charge? didn't look like a charge. thought he was late.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
03-21-2010, 05:08 PM
Both teams played pretty poorly this half. If A&M were just having an average game they'd be up by 15+.

Flintstones32
03-21-2010, 05:15 PM
Both teams played pretty poorly this half. If A&M were just having an average game they'd be up by 15+.

Ya both teams looked bad, but purdue is very lucky to be only down 7, especially with not shooting a free throw all half.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
03-21-2010, 05:20 PM
Ya both teams looked bad, but purdue is very lucky to be only down 7, especially with not shooting a free throw all half.

Yeah I have A&M over Purdue but I'm worried Purdue could play that poorly and only be down 7.

Jimcs50
03-21-2010, 06:07 PM
another nail biter...up 11, but then they score 17-2 run to make it close.

:bang

tlongII
03-21-2010, 06:31 PM
Ot

benefactor
03-21-2010, 06:36 PM
Helluva game. Tied at 59 now.

benefactor
03-21-2010, 06:42 PM
Tied with 10 seconds. Double OT anyone?

benefactor
03-21-2010, 06:43 PM
Maybe not. Down go the Ags.

tlongII
03-21-2010, 06:44 PM
I should have known A&M would choke. Totally screwed my picks as I had them winning this game.

benefactor
03-21-2010, 06:45 PM
How did they let him get all the way to the rim like that? Gotta put him on the ground and make him earn it from the line.