PDA

View Full Version : Devin Brown is probably the most legit "Sixth Man" in the league

fevertrees
11-17-2009, 10:24 AM
He epitomizes the “Sixth Man” because he does everything you need him to. He can score; he plays great defense; he always hustles; he can rebound and pass; there isn’t anything on the court that he can’t do.

Now I know he is starting at the moment(a position that he deserves because of the talent he possesses with the ball), but you can't deny his importance as a role player on the bench. I would much rather the ball be put in his hands ANY DAY over other highly acclaimed bench players such as Jason Terry or Manu Ginobli. I think it is about time this message board starts giving Devin Brown (#23) the props he deserves for what he brings to the NBA and the game of basketball. :toast

Dex
11-17-2009, 10:44 AM
Glad to hear Hornets fans are enjoying Brown's efforts.

Devin was actually a pretty interesting feel-good story for a while there with the Spurs. He grew up in San Antonio idolizing the Spurs and was a star at UTSA. He didn't make the 2002 Draft, but worked hard to earn an invite from the Spurs in 2003. He didn't make the team then, but after traveling around a bit and few games with Denver, they brought him back and he made a serious run at the rotation, almost forcing new-signing Brent Barry to the bench for a while.

IIRC, Brown was one of the few players who showed some heart against the Lakers in 2004. For a while there, he was a hometown hero trying to win a title for his city.

Unfortunately, his game seemed to trail off after that and he was supplanted by guys like Barry, Finley, Bowen, and Ginobili. He always had a nice game, but it seemed unrefined and erratic. Even in the few times that I've seen him since (usually when we play the Hornets), it seemed to be the same.

Nice to hear he's found a good home though.

Leetonidas
11-17-2009, 10:45 AM
Fuck that lazy ass. If you had all three of those players on your team and you want to ball in Brown's hands at the end of the game, sorry man, you're retarded.

Dex
11-17-2009, 10:46 AM
If you had all three of those players on your team and you want to ball in Brown's hands at the end of the game, sorry man, you're retarded.

Oh, and this is also true. :lol

Findog
11-17-2009, 10:47 AM
I would much rather the ball be put in his hands ANY DAY over other highly acclaimed bench players such as Jason Terry or Manu Ginobli.

:lol

TDMVPDPOY
11-17-2009, 10:50 AM
cause of him tmac had a epic 13pt performance in 30secs or someshit to win the game from the spurs...fuck him

lebomb
11-17-2009, 10:59 AM
Actually he WAS Dleague MVP and rookie of the year...............so, at least we know he OWNED the D-league.

stretch
11-17-2009, 11:06 AM
devin brown sucks

lol owned by tmac

lebomb
11-17-2009, 11:09 AM
devin brown sucks

lol owned by tmac

..............still made almost 2 mil. this year and has made at least 1 mil for the last 6-7yrs. Yeah, he may suck, but he is wealthy. :hat

BRHornet45
11-17-2009, 11:11 AM
sons he lives in a hotel in downtown N.O. ... I heard they had to "beef up" security after his incredible 17 point performance last season.

JJ Hickson
11-17-2009, 11:17 AM
OP is an ugly dyke who doesn't know anything about basketball.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
11-17-2009, 11:54 AM
I would much rather the ball be put in his hands ANY DAY over other highly acclaimed bench players such as Jason Terry or Manu Ginobli.

Is this a really lame trolling attempt or something.

jag
11-17-2009, 12:01 PM
This can't be real.

Darrin
11-17-2009, 12:01 PM
I'd much rather have Will Bynum.

Statistics: 14.0 ppg on 48% shooting, 4.2 apg (leads team), and 3.4 rpg.

He's a scoring machine. For instance, he scored 9 points in the final 2 minutes of the third quarter in a game in Washington that cut the Wizards lead from a game-high 10 to a very manageable 2. He gathered 17 fourth-quarter points against the Dallas Mavericks and that's just the last two games.

He is on the floor during crunch time despite being the main backup behind Ben Gordon and Rodney Stuckey. The dude is a flat-out winner.

Findog
11-17-2009, 12:02 PM
I'd much rather have Will Bynum.

Statistics: 14.0 ppg on 48% shooting, 4.2 apg (leads team), and 3.4 rpg.

He's a scoring machine. For instance, he scored 9 points in the final 2 minutes of the third quarter in a game in Washington that cut the Wizards lead from a game-high 10 to a very manageable 2. He gathered 17 fourth-quarter points against the Dallas Mavericks and that's just the last two games.

He is on the floor during crunch time despite being the main backup behind Ben Gordon and Rodney Stuckey. The dude is a flat-out winner.

I like Bynum. He looks like a keeper for the Pistons.

Xylus
11-17-2009, 12:04 PM
I'd rather have Jared Dudley. The guy is the smartest, most hard-working player I've seen in a long time.

http://cdn2.sbnation.com/photo_images/288786/69152_Suns_76ers_Basketball.jpg

DUNCANownsKOBE2
11-17-2009, 12:07 PM
I'd also take Barbosa over Brown, and I can't stand Barbosa. At least Barbosa is productive against bad team, more than Devin Brown can say.

spurs_fan_in_exile
11-17-2009, 12:14 PM
cause of him tmac had a epic 13pt performance in 30secs or someshit to win the game from the spurs...fuck him

Man that shit gave me nightmares. The fucked up thing was up until those last few possessions he played possibly his best game in a Spurs uniform.

lil_penny
11-17-2009, 01:37 PM
Ill take rudy or travis

stretch
11-17-2009, 01:42 PM
..............still made almost 2 mil. this year and has made at least 1 mil for the last 6-7yrs. Yeah, he may suck, but he is wealthy. :hat

you're a moron

Hornets1
11-17-2009, 04:25 PM
http://z.about.com/d/cleveland/1/0/K/e/-/-/brown-devin.jpg

Teenage Mutant Ninja Devin

BTW, Fevertrees, I'd take an injured manu or an injured terry over Devin Brown

crc21209
11-17-2009, 04:52 PM
Devin Brown sucks....sure he was an OK player when he was with the Spurs, but from what I hear...he was a complete lazy-ass who showed up to practices late. Sorry...but this thread is hilarious...:lol

FkLA
11-17-2009, 05:52 PM
Glad to hear Hornets fans are enjoying Brown's efforts.

Devin was actually a pretty interesting feel-good story for a while there with the Spurs. He grew up in San Antonio idolizing the Spurs and was a star at UTSA. He didn't make the 2002 Draft, but worked hard to earn an invite from the Spurs in 2003. He didn't make the team then, but after traveling around a bit and few games with Denver, they brought him back and he made a serious run at the rotation, almost forcing new-signing Brent Barry to the bench for a while.

IIRC, Brown was one of the few players who showed some heart against the Lakers in 2004. For a while there, he was a hometown hero trying to win a title for his city.

Unfortunately, his game seemed to trail off after that and he was supplanted by guys like Barry, Finley, Bowen, and Ginobili. He always had a nice game, but it seemed unrefined and erratic. Even in the few times that I've seen him since (usually when we play the Hornets), it seemed to be the same.

Nice to hear he's found a good home though.

Great post. Devin's cool I was sad to see him leave, I remember Game 6 in 04' after the 0.4 game...everyone except him and TD layed down for the Lakers. They were the only two that showed heart that game, he really won me over especially compared to Hedo's fgt showing in the playoffs. After he left I think he went to Utah and I was hoping he could become an important role player for them, didnt happen though and he's been bouncing around the league since. Nice to see him doing well in NO. BTW some of yall are retards for placing Tmacs 13 points in 40 seconds on him, first off he simply slipped it wasnt a stupid throwaway or anything like that and secondly Tmac didnt score any of his points on him.

With that said. Manu & Terry > Brown. Easily.

HarlemHeat37
11-17-2009, 07:02 PM
LOL everybody got trolled..

mogrovejo
11-17-2009, 07:23 PM
He's horrible.

sribb43
11-17-2009, 10:07 PM
Gtfo!!!!!

Spursfan092120
11-17-2009, 10:14 PM
http://afrocityblog.files.wordpress.com/2009/05/shut_the_fuck_up.jpg

duhoh
11-17-2009, 10:20 PM
we have been trolled.

Spursfan092120
11-17-2009, 10:27 PM
we have been trolled.
I really don't think it's a trolling job, because they haven't been back to continue it. I think OP is serious..

fevertrees
11-20-2009, 11:12 AM
Devin Brown made Steve Nash his bitch last night :toast

dirk4mvp
11-20-2009, 11:25 AM
Why are there so many threads about the Hornets? No one gives a shit about them. The nba forum is a mavericks/lakers/suns forum. Hornet threads are unnecessary.

fevertrees
11-20-2009, 01:39 PM
Why are there so many threads about the Hornets? No one gives a shit about them. The nba forum is a mavericks/lakers/suns forum. Hornet threads are unnecessary.

November 4, 2009 :lmao:lmao:lmao