PDA

View Full Version : It might be possible to trade for Anthony Randolph?

Srupsog
11-17-2009, 04:18 PM
http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=4664192

It looks like Golden State's Anthony Randolph could be disgruntle in GS and is possibly seeking a trade. He would be a perfect fit alongside Tim Duncan as a starter and he would be a big upgrade to bonner especially on the Defense and rebounding. Also this could be possible because from the looks it seems GS might start blowing up their roster to make cap room for this offseason, this looks very likely if Monte Ellis continues to pursue a trade.

Also I like bonner, but he is what he is, and we need something better.

coyotes_geek
11-17-2009, 04:26 PM
Anything Golden State would want we wouldn't be willing to give up.

Anything we'd be willing to give up Golden state wouldn't want.

urunobili
11-17-2009, 04:29 PM
Bonner, Mason, Finley and Ian are all trade chips this season... ST will be ape shit mad with proposals :depressed

jag
11-17-2009, 04:46 PM
It's pretty much safe to assume that anyone on that team is unhappy.

crc21209
11-17-2009, 04:47 PM
Finley, Bonner, and Mahimi/draft picks/cash for Randolph and Bell? :lol Hey...I can dream right?

Ok nevermind I just saw that Bell might be out for the year with a wrist injury so scratch this idea...

TIMMYD!
11-17-2009, 04:54 PM
It's pretty much safe to assume that anyone on that team is unhappy.

It's true.

eyeh8u
11-17-2009, 04:56 PM
gs gave up jackson for nothing but cap relief so maybe, but im not sure the bosses really feel they are missing a piece

gospursgojas
11-17-2009, 04:57 PM
I would love to see him in silver and black...LOVE. But no way gs let's him go for any of the crap were willing to trade.

crc21209
11-17-2009, 04:58 PM
I would love to see him in silver and black...LOVE. But no way gs let's him go for any of the crap were willing to trade.

Then again...Pop and Nellie ARE tight...

koriwhat
11-17-2009, 05:09 PM
there's no way randolph is traded to the spurs for scraps... no way! but if there was, oh man oh man would that be the shit! i see nothing but great potential in randolph. i don't know if he'd help this yr for contention but he'd definitely be a great pickup for the future of the spurs franchise.

lurker23
11-17-2009, 05:13 PM
The title of this thread isn't really supported by the article. The article is talking about a disgruntled Monta Ellis. It mentions Randolph in this way:

----

" Meetings with supposedly peeved employees are becoming a regular part of Riley's job description this season. Less than two weeks ago, representatives for Anthony Randolph met with Riley to discuss the second-year player's growing discontent.

Randolph, whom many of the league's coaches and executives view as one of the top young talents in the league, is upset about the lack of consistency regarding his position and role on the team, according to sources.

Riley, however, denied that Randolph is angry.

"Anthony is happy," Riley said. "Things are fine. He's getting a lot of playing time right now and continuing to grow. He fits into our future."

Despite Riley's pronouncements, though, coach Don Nelson's roller-coaster use of Randolph continues. For instance, after averaging 20 points and 10 rebounds in games against Minnesota and Indiana last week, Randolph played only six minutes in the next game, against the Knicks.

The lanky 6-10, 210-pound forward is also unhappy about being moved to the center position, according to sources close to the team. "

------

As much upside as Randolph has, I don't see how the Spurs could offer him any more playing time or any more consistency in minutes. Also, if he's concerned about moving to center, then SA isn't the place for him either. :lol

5in10
11-17-2009, 06:26 PM
Great another dumb thread by this guy.

slick'81
11-17-2009, 06:41 PM
yes monta looks to be out randolph should now get some more minutes with jax and raja bell gone

RuffnReadyOzStyle
11-17-2009, 07:29 PM
That's your second stupid trade thread of the day, moron. PINK THIS GUY.

Dunc n Dave
11-17-2009, 07:44 PM
yes monta looks to be out randolph should now get some more minutes with jax and raja bell gone

This.

With SJax no longer there for Nelson to play at PF in his small ball lineup, Randolph will assume that role now.

SpurmzKilla
11-17-2009, 08:18 PM
http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=4664192

It looks like Golden State's Anthony Randolph could be disgruntle in GS and is possibly seeking a trade. He would be a perfect fit alongside Tim Duncan as a starter and he would be a big upgrade to bonner especially on the Defense and rebounding. Also this could be possible because from the looks it seems GS might start blowing up their roster to make cap room for this offseason, this looks very likely if Monte Ellis continues to pursue a trade.

Also I like bonner, but he is what he is, and we need something better.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA spurm.

Chieflion
11-17-2009, 08:49 PM
You guys are mad if you think we got anything they want for Anthony Randolph. You guys would not give up Parker, Ginobili or Jefferson, trade is DOA.

Chieflion
11-17-2009, 08:59 PM
we needs bigs, badly
We are in win-now mode. Unless Anthony Randolph said he specifically wants to go to SA, we could all dream on about it.

Xylus
11-17-2009, 09:02 PM
Finley, Bonner, and Mahimi/draft picks/cash for Randolph and Bell? :lol Hey...I can dream right?

Ok nevermind I just saw that Bell might be out for the year with a wrist injury so scratch this idea...

I think I'd slit my wrists if Bell put on a Spurs uniform.

coyotes_geek
11-17-2009, 09:08 PM
I think I'd slit my wrists if Bell put on a Spurs uniform.

You're safe.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news?slug=tsn-rajabelloptsforsurge&prov=tsn&type=lgns

duhoh
11-17-2009, 09:55 PM
sigh.

SenorSpur
11-17-2009, 09:59 PM
After a very lazy start to his career, where he was relying strictly on talent, this kid has embraced a sound work ethic and is developing into a really, really, nice player. I'd love it if the Spurs could get a hold of him. Don't see it happening though.

The fact that Nelson has him playing center may mean that Biedrens is rotting away on the bench.

tav1
11-17-2009, 10:35 PM
Not going to happen. But, huh, it would be sweet. Popovich could play Randolph at three positions---but not all at once.

exstatic
11-18-2009, 12:50 AM
gs gave up jackson for nothing but cap relief so maybe, but im not sure the bosses really feel they are missing a piece

Jack had a bad contract. Randolph's contract is a dream. He's still on his rookie deal.

RuffnReadyOzStyle
11-18-2009, 06:54 AM
:lol at this thread still being on the front page.

Randolph is one of their cornerstones. He ain't going nowhere for Masonnley! :lmao

AussieFanKurt
11-18-2009, 07:43 AM
:lol at this thread still being on the front page.

Randolph is one of their cornerstones. He ain't going nowhere for Masonnley! :lmao

exactly what i was thinking when i saw this thread

angelbelow
12-15-2009, 05:52 PM
Not that i support this trade, but i remember this thread and saw this earlier:

http://www.realgm.com/src_wiretap_archives/63424/20091215/warriors_put_randolph_on_block_again/

Sounds like the warriors are desperately trying to drop him.

HarlemHeat37
12-15-2009, 06:35 PM
They aren't going to dump him, so I doubt we get him..

exstatic
12-15-2009, 06:47 PM
GS will ride out Nellie getting his number of wins and send him off into his next retirement. Most off their problems in the locker room go into retirement with him, including his constant haranging of Randolph. You don't get rid of a young star because of a coach, even a HOF coach. You either dump or ease out the coach. Nellie will be feted and sent on his way. The only reason they dumped Jax was his age. He wasn't the future, Randolph was, so you dump him to ease the tensions and jolly Nellie along for the rest of the year.

Chieflion
12-15-2009, 07:12 PM
Not that i support this trade, but i remember this thread and saw this earlier:

http://www.realgm.com/src_wiretap_archives/63424/20091215/warriors_put_randolph_on_block_again/

Sounds like the warriors are desperately trying to drop him.
I saw this too. What the hell are the Warriors thinking?

VI_Massive
12-15-2009, 07:16 PM
On one hand, trading a rare talented big like Randolph is almost unimaginable. On the other hand, they are the Warriors, and Nelson seems to be in pretty firm control of the team and I'm convinced he is completely insane.

This will never happen for SA, but if it did, it would be our Pau Gasol trade.

Chieflion
12-15-2009, 07:18 PM
On second thought, they should be packaging Randolph with Maggette just to dump his ass. I don't think the Warriors are that stupid.

Chomag
12-15-2009, 07:23 PM
Nice to have him on our team yes. No there is no way we could get him unless GS was drunk that day.... Hmmm, perhaps Pop could invite the GS FO to his house for some of his special from the celler?

VI_Massive
12-15-2009, 07:42 PM
Pretty much anyone on Golden State's roster could be had for the right price. Monta Ellis being the one with the biggest price tag. I could see GS trading Randolph to the Spurs for Hill and maybe Blair?

I'm not interested in giving up either. If Randolph were up for cheap end of the rotation players then I'd go for it. Mason, Mahinmi, Finley, etc.

Nelson loves shooters. I bet he'd like Bonner.

But, as others have said above, anyone taking Randolph would probably have to take Maggette's terrible deal too.

AussieFanKurt
12-15-2009, 08:16 PM
I would like to see him as a Spur but in reality the liklihood is low low lowww

Dro210
12-15-2009, 09:12 PM
Yea, this would be crazy, but I could never see this happening.... but then again, I also don't understand why they don't play the guy. He's a fucking stud, and he can run the floor. With Biedrins healhty, and Randolph at the 4. Monta runnin point. Morrow at the 2, and btw, he should always play, guys is a lights out shooter and works hard. If they had kept Buckets and had Maggette as the 6th man? Instead they play fuckin Mikki Moore and Vlad Rad, and CJ Watson.

I don't know.... I just don't get Golden State, but whatever.

Send him our way Donnie!