eyeh8u
11-17-2009, 05:04 PM
which one do you like, which one do you hate

i like the cavemen myself

SZhys7Dg8YM
BqnWNMsWdqM

koriwhat
11-17-2009, 05:05 PM
all of the suck! dumb marketing for dumb people.

sorry i don't mean to call you dumb but if it's so easy a caveman can do it then i guess fire was no great feat.

mrsmaalox
11-17-2009, 05:07 PM
#1 cavemen, #2 gecko, #3 money

eyeh8u
11-17-2009, 05:07 PM
all of the suck! dumb marketing for dumb people.

sorry i don't mean to call you dumb but if it's so easy a caveman can do it then i guess fire was no great feat.

i think you are taking it too seriously, i like how the cavemen have a struggle to be themselves or conform, kinda like immigrants

Gordon Gekko
11-17-2009, 05:13 PM
The gecko is my favorite by far.

The Reckoning
11-17-2009, 05:16 PM
advertising these days SUCKS.

out of all the advertising degrees universities hand out, there has got to be atleast one damn creative person to think of a witty and appealing advertising strategy besides a pun off of the company name or ad hominem.

not one God-damned person so far.

koriwhat
11-17-2009, 05:32 PM
i think you are taking it too seriously, i like how the cavemen have a struggle to be themselves or conform, kinda like immigrants

no, i just think it's dumb as is most U.S. society.

people buy into the lame horror flicks, the cheesy comedies, the bs reality tv shows, the crappy marketing ploys, etc in this day and age. it's sad really.

creativity has gone down the shitter and it ain't looking to crawl back out.

Whisky Dog
11-17-2009, 05:39 PM
Save me the marketing high horse bullshit speeches. I don't like Geico as an insurance company but I give props to their marketing. They've created household images tied to the corporate image with 3 straight campaigns, especially the gecko and caveman. They even made a short lived tv sitcom with the caveman concept. Their market gets an A+ in effectiveness and brand building from me.

eyeh8u
11-17-2009, 05:46 PM
Save me the marketing high horse bullshit speeches. I don't like Geico as an insurance company but I give props to their marketing. They've created household images tied to the corporate image with 3 straight campaigns, especially the gecko and caveman. They even made a short lived tv sitcom with the caveman concept. Their market gets an A+ in effectiveness and brand building from me.

the show didn't have the original actors, and the makeup seemed crappier, i was very disappointed.

ineedgoodcredit
11-17-2009, 05:50 PM
advertising these days SUCKS.

out of all the advertising degrees universities hand out, there has got to be atleast one damn creative person to think of a witty and appealing advertising strategy besides a pun off of the company name or ad hominem.

not one God-damned person so far.

Creativity is lacking that is for sure.

koriwhat
11-17-2009, 06:01 PM

it's not hard to appease the masses these days. the bar has been set really fuckin' low. idiocracy anyone?

TheOtherSonicGuy
11-17-2009, 06:03 PM
it's not hard to appease the masses these days. the bar has been set really fuckin' low. idiocracy anyone?

:rolleyes

koriwhat
11-17-2009, 06:20 PM
haha the lame sonic guy. the food there sucks as does their commercials. see what i mean?

Whisky Dog
11-17-2009, 06:43 PM

Actually, you don't know Jack shit about marketing and it's purpose. 30 second bit spots that cost big $$$$ aren't supposed to be thought provoking masterpieces. They have 30 seconds to grab attention and induce brand recognition. That's the purpose and the Geico spots achieve that.

Would you say a stripper sucks because she can't do your taxes?

It's all about producing the desired outcome.

coyotes_geek
11-17-2009, 06:50 PM
The cavemen & gecko were entertaining at first, but those bits ran their course a long time ago.

The money w/ eyes is just dumb.

panic giraffe
11-17-2009, 07:25 PM
the money is king right now.

the cavemen and the gecko were great to begin with, but their time has come. especially with the cavemen, i mean, if you get a TV show based on a commercial, and you tank it, time to move on.

panic giraffe
11-17-2009, 07:26 PM
and the money has a shelf live of........well they better think of something new before the super bowl or else it would have worn out its welcome.

Phillip
11-17-2009, 07:53 PM
fuck them all

EmptyMan
11-17-2009, 07:56 PM
I could have sworn the gecko went from an Australian accent to the British accent. The latest commercial hints at it but it cuts off. It is pissing me off.

CuckingFunt
11-17-2009, 11:18 PM
"Tiny House" is the only Geico commercial worth talking about.

koriwhat
11-18-2009, 01:49 AM
Actually, you don't know Jack shit about marketing and it's purpose. 30 second bit spots that cost big $$$$ aren't supposed to be thought provoking masterpieces. They have 30 seconds to grab attention and induce brand recognition. That's the purpose and the Geico spots achieve that.

Would you say a stripper sucks because she can't do your taxes?

It's all about producing the desired outcome.

i didn't say their marketing failed... i said that most of society are easily amused. more smarts back in the day were used to produce anything from tv commercials to movies. nowadays, not so much.

koriwhat
11-18-2009, 01:50 AM
"Tiny House" is the only Geico commercial worth talking about.

:tu

balli
11-18-2009, 01:51 AM
fuck them all

I liked the speed racer one though.

-kb4XIFSwOU

Spurtacular
03-27-2021, 04:59 PM
BqnWNMsWdqM

:lol

SpursforSix
03-27-2021, 08:15 PM