PDA

View Full Version : Obama will be one and done. BOOK IT!

MiamiHeat
11-17-2009, 08:11 PM
Obama is going to be another one and done politician.

Everyone has seen he is incompetent and basically lived off of his 'pity card' to win the election, making people feel good about themselves for 'changing the world' by voting for a black guy to be prez.

The guy is a good politician because he fooled enough of you, but I am not sure if that is because he is a good politician or because people are easily fooled/stupid. Probably the latter.

He's a shitty leader though, and I am ashamed.

One and done. BOOK IT!

panic giraffe
11-17-2009, 08:31 PM
OBSESSED MUCH?

what pity card are you talking about? what black president? we have a a half-white president...

at least wait for the legislation he approves to show an affect to judge the guy.

on what basis are you calling him a shitty leader? what actions has he taken, besides bowing, to prove to you that he is not leading this country back towards the right path?

honestly, i was a clinton supporter during the primaries, he won the nom, and in effect took inherited a lot of her platform, i.e. universal health care, maintaining afganistan while leaving iraq, things that i supported. so in nov, when faced with two real choices, i took the better of the two choices. if anyone was going for a pity vote, it was mccain, "i was a pow, i could have left, i stayed, god bless america, you fags owe me the presidency", and i couldn't have supported him, then mccain picked palin and further threw my support to obama.

so far the only things i have not like obama are:
-he started off the health care debate as a compromise, anyone with basic selling skills knows to start off with outrageous demands in your favor and the compromise will end up being exactly what you had planned to begin with. so while i applaud the effort to reach out across the aisle, it ended up mudding the bill too much and making it an uphill battle. but this can also be pinned on pelosi and reid.

- kept some of the bush era surveillance techniques

that's pretty much it for now, time will be the judge about what else he's doing.

but what has he done that angered you so much?

jack sommerset
11-17-2009, 08:38 PM
MiamiHeat...........Thats a great ad for breast awareness. I kid you not. I was in Tom Thumbs not long ago. They had some food/snacks made to raise cash for the whole PINK movement. I thought of that sig, threw a few bones down and didn't even grab a snack.

jack sommerset
11-17-2009, 08:38 PM
Oh I forgot to say "Well duh he will be a one and done President"

ChumpDumper
11-17-2009, 08:39 PM
Depends on how stupid his opponent is.

MiamiHeat
11-17-2009, 08:40 PM
lmao asikdshjkhdsjfgsslbh omfg at your fresh prince obama sig

oh manaa

clambake
11-17-2009, 08:41 PM
good thread, laura.

jack sommerset
11-17-2009, 08:42 PM
Depends on how stupid his opponent is.

The repugs need to stay away from Palin. I'm certainly not saying she is stupid but the dems did a number on her that can't be fixed. Them picking her would be stupid. Other than that I really don't think it matters.

ChumpDumper
11-17-2009, 08:43 PM
Oh there are plenty of stupid candidates out there who could blow an election against Obama.

panic giraffe
11-17-2009, 08:48 PM
so MH are you trying to say that its only a personality attack? that you care nothing of policy just as long as he doesn't appear as a weak individual? or is there a actual policy or political action of his that you do not like?

iggypop123
11-17-2009, 09:08 PM
when you have romney and huckabee fighting just to get 3 seconds of playtime on cable news you know you are in trouble. at least palin has hardcore followers but by the same token just as many people despise her

EmptyMan
11-17-2009, 09:32 PM
Nah, he has a second term pretty much locked up.

Bartleby
11-17-2009, 09:49 PM
Ladies and gentlemen, I present to you, the next President of the United States:

http://i267.photobucket.com/albums/ii297/babbalanja/jindal.jpg

mogrovejo
11-17-2009, 09:53 PM
Jindal would be an awesome leader for the Western World.

Crookshanks
11-17-2009, 09:59 PM
How about this ticket: Sarah Palin and Michelle Bachman

Now that would be interesting!

coyotes_geek
11-17-2009, 10:14 PM

Interesting? Yes.

Viable? No.

DarrinS
11-17-2009, 10:26 PM
If they don't pass this stupid heath care bill and the economy gets better, Obama is probably a lock for a 2nd term.

baseline bum
11-17-2009, 10:40 PM
Jindal seems like the Republicans' only hope. If he delivers more speeches like that disastrous response to Obama's first speech, he doesn't have a chance though. That came off as total cornball crap and Americans want charisma, not intelligence. For example, see how Gore got the 2000 nomination by bullshitting and telling stories over Bill Bradley who actually had ideas and answered questions head-on, or how Ross Perot was ignored when he talked about how NAFTA and trade with China would screw our economy because... he had big ears and a Southern accent.

Palin is in no way electable because everyone but the far right sees through her. Romney would be a horrible choice because I cannot see this country voting in a Mormon. Either would essentially be a punt by the Republican party.

Nbadan
11-17-2009, 10:48 PM
In order to appease the war-crowd, Obama has had to extend the Iraq and Afghanistan occupations... but you just know he's biting at the bit to bring the troops home...perhaps in his second term....the GOP is its own worst enemy..the Limbaugh/Hannity crowd thinks it has pull with the GOP because Steele has been bowing at the throne of talk-radio lately, thus assuring that moderate candidate, who might have a chance against Obama, are cast under the bus for a good Christian, gun and American candidate like Sarah Palin or Huckabee....

Nbadan
11-17-2009, 10:49 PM
Palin is in no way electable because everyone but the far right sees through her. Romney would be a horrible choice because I cannot see this country voting in a Mormon. Either would essentially be a punt by the Republican party.

I completely agree, but if you think she's crazy, Michelle Bachman is even crazier...

baseline bum
11-17-2009, 11:01 PM
I forgot about Huckabee. No way Americans are going to vote for a guy pushing a hugely regressive tax when they're working shorter hours for less money in the case that they're lucky enough to have work.

DarrinS
11-18-2009, 08:39 AM
In order to appease the war-crowd, Obama has had to extend the Iraq and Afghanistan occupations... but you just know he's biting at the bit to bring the troops home...perhaps in his second term....the GOP is its own worst enemy..the Limbaugh/Hannity crowd thinks it has pull with the GOP because Steele has been bowing at the throne of talk-radio lately, thus assuring that moderate candidate, who might have a chance against Obama, are cast under the bus for a good Christian, gun and American candidate like Sarah Palin or Huckabee....

God, you're dumb.

ElNono
11-18-2009, 11:26 AM

In what sense?

I agree with the OP that he could be out of office after the first term if the Republicans get their act together (by basically presenting a decent candidate).
That person would need to lean more towards the center than the right to be electable though, IMO.

TheManFromAcme
11-18-2009, 04:53 PM
Nah, he has a second term pretty much locked up.

Believe me...he doesn't

coyotes_geek
11-18-2009, 05:12 PM
Believe me...he doesn't

You're right, it's not locked up, but the odds are way in his favor. In order for Obama to lose in 2012 the economy would still have to be in the shitter and the republicans would have to have found a candidate with a far broader appeal than just to angry white guys. I don't give very good odds to both of those things happening.

Crookshanks
11-18-2009, 05:25 PM
You're right, it's not locked up, but the odds are way in his favor. In order for Obama to lose in 2012 the economy would still have to be in the shitter and the republicans would have to have found a candidate with a far broader appeal than just to angry white guys. I don't give very good odds to both of those things happening.

Well, let's see - independents and older people are fleeing the democrat party and young people are notoriously unreliable voters. As for the republicans only appealing to angry white guys - I guess you didn't know that the democrats have not won a majority of the white WOMEN vote since 1964.

Obama is pissing off people on the left and the right - I think he's going to be one and done.

clambake
11-18-2009, 05:32 PM
Well, let's see - independents and older people are fleeing the democrat party
turn off the radio.

and young people are notoriously unreliable voters.
thats why you get them involved. the republican party found that out.

As for the republicans only appealing to angry white guys - I guess you didn't know that the democrats have not won a majority of the white WOMEN vote since 1964.did that help?

Obama is pissing off people on the left and the right - I think he's going to be one and done.

not with the dogs you guys a trotting out there.

baseline bum
11-18-2009, 05:41 PM
Well, let's see - independents and older people are fleeing the democrat party and young people are notoriously unreliable voters. As for the republicans only appealing to angry white guys - I guess you didn't know that the democrats have not won a majority of the white WOMEN vote since 1964.

So do you have Jindal winning it, or one of Palin, Romney, or Huckabee? Or is there someone else on the horizon that's popular enough to take out Obama?

Crookshanks
11-18-2009, 05:56 PM
turn off the radio.

That's not from the radio - it's from the polls done in the last few months.

Dems alarmed as independents bolt
By ALEX ISENSTADT | 11/18/09 12:02 AM EST

Independents could undermine support for an ambitious Democratic agenda and imperil the party's 2010 prospects.

Mounting evidence that independent voters have soured on the Democrats is prompting a debate among party officials about what rhetorical and substantive changes are needed to halt the damage.

Following serious setbacks with independents in off-year elections earlier this month, White House officials attributed the defeats to local factors and said President Barack Obama sees no need to reposition his own image or the Democratic message.

Since then, however, a flurry of new polls makes clear that Democrats are facing deeper problems with independents—the swing voters who swung dramatically toward the party in 2006 and 2008 but who now are registering deep unease with the amount of spending and debt called for under Obama's agenda in an era of one-party rule in Washington.

A Gallup Poll released last week offered a disturbing glimpse about the state of play: just 14 percent of independents approve of the job Congress is doing, the lowest figure all year. In just the past few days alone, surveys have shown Democratic incumbents trailing Republicans among independent voters by double-digit margins in competitive statewide contests in places as varied as Connecticut, Ohio and Iowa.

Obama’s own popularity among independents has fallen significantly, too. A CBS News poll Tuesday showed the president’s approval rating among unaligned voters falling to 45 percent — down from 63 percent in April.

“We withdrew from the accounts of voters and now we need to pay them back,” said Nathan Daschle, executive director of the Democratic Governors Association. “We are having these conversations right now about what independents need to see and hear.”

Pat Waak, the chairwoman of the Colorado Democratic Party, said the party had so far failed to convince independent voters of the steps it had taken to improve the economy.
“I think the economy is at the base of the tension,” she said. “Quite frankly, we’ve got to do a better job of messaging. There’s a lot of work to be done to get independents more comfortable with what we’re doing.”

“Listen, it hasn’t been an easy time,” said T.J. Rooney, a former state legislator and the chairman of the Pennsylvania Democratic Party. “It’s almost like we’re a victim of our own success. When you’re governing, that changes the political dynamic.”

Andrew Myers, who polled for Democrats in Virginia House of Delegates races this year, said his analysis of exit polls indicated that voters had come to see Democrats as a party of high spending — too willing to make a rush for the pocketbooks and unable to effectively articulate how their health care reform push benefited independents, many of whom already have insurance plans. “This is what’s particularly heartbreaking: There is a real sense that no one in Congress is standing up for them,” said Myers. “It’s a real problem for messaging for us.”

Nowhere was that more obvious than in Virginia and New Jersey, where GOP candidates captured governorships on Nov. 3 on the strength of landslide margins among independent voters.

In Virginia, Republican Bob McDonnell won a 65 percent to 34 percent victory over Democrat Creigh Deeds among independents in a state where President Barack Obama split the independent vote 49 percent to 48 percent against Republican John McCain just one year earlier.

In New Jersey, Republican Chris Christie won a 58 percent to 31 percent victory over Democratic incumbent Jon Corzine among independents — a stark contrast to Obama’s 51 percent to 47 percent win among independents in 2008.

“The perception of what’s happening in Congress is polluting what’s happening down below,” Myers said.

Michael Dimock, a pollster for the Pew Research Center — which reported in a new survey that only 45 percent of independents want their own representative to return to Congress — also believes Democrats have suffered for their inability to move the ball on key agenda items such as health care.

“I think it’s about action and not about words right now. The public wants to see action,” said Dimock. “I’m not sure words are going to help Democrats at this point. They’ve got to achieve some successes.”

“Independents are typically more frustrated with the political process,” noted Dimock. “They tend to have a real distaste for partisanship and ideology, and that’s about all they’re hearing right now.”

Some strategists, however, attribute the party’s weak Election Day showing among independent voters to changes in the composition of the independents who showed up at the polls.

“What we saw are more independents who are like Republicans and fewer independents who are like Democrats,” said Brad Lawrence, a veteran Democratic media consultant in New Jersey who worked for Corzine. “I think there was an enthusiasm gap.”

“This was not the same group of independents who showed up in 2008,” noted Larry Sabato, a University of Virginia political scientist. “For Obama’s election, the participating independents were more moderate; for Christie and McDonnell, the composition of the independents that came to the polls was more conservative. It’s this self-selection among the independent voter pool that helped the Democrats in 2008 and hurt them in 2009.”

Democrats also argue that with polls showing fewer voters identifying themselves as Republicans, the pool of independent voters is simply becoming more conservative than in the past, as those formerly Republican voters move into that camp. An October Washington Post/ABC News survey, for example, found just 20 percent of those polled identifying themselves as Republican. "It looks a lot worse than it really is,” said John Anzalone, a veteran Democratic pollster. “Independents aren’t just falling away from Democrats.” Still, Anzalone cautioned that with the party’s agenda under fire from Republicans and allied conservative groups, Democrats in conservative Southern and Western states need to be aware of the potential peril in alienating independent voters.

An automated survey released Monday by the Democratic firm Public Policy Polling underscored that message with its finding that Democratic Rep. Vic Snyder, a seven-term Arkansas congressman, was only narrowly leading his little-known Republican challengers and held just a 30 percent approval rating among independents.

The erosion among independents, however, isn’t simply a regional problem. Democrats are anxious about the prospects of five-term Sen. Chris Dodd in Connecticut, who trails one of his GOP opponents by 28 percentage points among independents in a prospective head-to-head matchup, and Colorado Gov. Bill Ritter and Iowa Gov. Chet Culver, two Democratic incumbents with shrinking approval ratings among independent voters. A Des Moines Register poll released this weekend showed the first-term Culver trailing the GOP front-runner among independents by nearly 30 percentage points.

“It’s a challenge,” said Chris Redfern, the chairman of the Ohio Democratic Party, referring to the current election environment. But, he added, “we don’t need all of them back. We just need a majority.”

Sen. Robert Menendez, the chairman of the Democratic Senatorial Campaign Committee, acknowledged that the recent polls constituted “red flags” for Democrats. But he said voters remained unsatisfied with a Republican Party that, he said, had yet to demonstrate an ability to prove it has answers to the problems facing the country.

“I take this data with a grain of salt,” Menendez told POLITICO. “At this moment in time, we may not be doing as well with independents as I’d like, but Republicans aren’t doing well, either.”

admiralsnackbar
11-18-2009, 06:16 PM
“I take this data with a grain of salt,” Menendez told POLITICO. “At this moment in time, we may not be doing as well with independents as I’d like, but Republicans aren’t doing well, either.”

Crookshanks
11-18-2009, 06:26 PM
^ That guy is delusional - didn't he see the breakdown of the polls? But I'm glad the libs are delusional - it will be that much sweeter when they're swept out of power in 2010.