PDA

View Full Version : Mass: We Pray The video Game.

phyzik
11-17-2009, 10:27 PM
Another religion thread, yay! This was just too good to pass up though, I think the commercial might be better than the snuggie commercial. :lol

http://www.gamespy.com/articles/104/1046545p1.html

Prayer Works Interactive has revealed the megaton of the year with the announcement of Mass: We Pray. The title is supposedly the first worship-themed game to use motion controls and features two unique peripherals.

Players can use the CROSS controller to play one of 24 mini-games including Sign of the Cross, Holy Water Sprinkle and Holy Communion. The game also ships with the KNEELER accessory -- similar to the Wii Fit Board -- which simulates the real-life fun of kneeling prayers. Since violent videogames are the cause of so many problems in society, Prayer Works Interactive reassures families that they, "shouldn't be scared of videogames," adding, "just like television and radio before that, it's not the medium that's dangerous; it's how you use it." Mass: We Play is said to be scheduled for an Easter 2010 release, and pre-orders will be made available November 20th.

nRMiRFJzIKA

I commend them for helping people see that all video games aren't bad, but still this creeped me out just a little.

tp2021
11-17-2009, 10:33 PM
Holy cow

Frenzy
11-17-2009, 10:34 PM
this is win win

balli
11-17-2009, 10:37 PM
Christianity began as a personal relationship with Jesus Christ. When it went to Athens, it became a philosophy. When it went to Rome, it became an organization. When it went to Europe, it became a culture. When it came to America, it became a business.

mookie2001
11-17-2009, 10:42 PM
that looks like a cool game. i would be in the front row in no time.
we are living in an era where pressing buttons on a guitar controller and listening to music became the most popular video game in the history of the world

baseline bum
11-17-2009, 10:48 PM
Violent videogames are the cause of problems in society? What the hell ever happened to personal accountability in this country?

baseline bum
11-17-2009, 10:49 PM
Christianity began as a personal relationship with Jesus Christ. When it went to Athens, it became a philosophy. When it went to Rome, it became an organization. When it went to Europe, it became a culture. When it came to America, it became a business.

It was a business long before coming to America.

BacktoBasics
11-18-2009, 09:44 AM
Disgusting.

Höfner
11-18-2009, 09:49 AM
Soul-saving all the way to the bank!

Trainwreck2100
11-18-2009, 10:02 AM
Disgusting.

I don't see you bitching about other games

BacktoBasics
11-18-2009, 10:02 AM
I don't see you bitching about other gamesOther games don't disgust me.

spurs_fan_in_exile
11-18-2009, 10:20 AM
I said Wii pray (PPPRRAAAYYY!)
Ah yeah Wii pray (PPPRAAAYYYY!)
Wii got to pray just to make it today

Cry Havoc
11-18-2009, 11:27 AM
Blurb

Wow, really? Religion/Christianity wasn't a business before coming to America? That's just ignorant. :lol Seriously, that's hilarious.

It's LESS of a business now than it has been in the past. There are thousands of small, modest churches that barely stay operating and don't indulge in opulence for their congregation.

It was a business long before coming to America.

+1

Anyone who knows basic history would know this.

BacktoBasics
11-18-2009, 11:28 AM
So apparently this is a joke. Hopefully Angel_Luv can her deposit back.

balli
11-18-2009, 11:34 AM
Wow, really? Religion/Christianity wasn't a business before coming to America? That's just ignorant. Seriously, that's hilarious.

It's LESS of a business now than it has been in the past. There are thousands of small, modest churches that barely stay operating and don't indulge in opulence for their congregation.
First off, I'm not some militant, uneducated atheist who's condemning all of American Christianity. It was just a rotund quote that worked in a thread about a dogma based video game. Sheesh.

I'd opine anyway that there's a difference between state, church and private wealth. I'm sure it had been done before and in other places, but yeah, plenty of individual American citizens have done quite well using Christendom as an economic engine. I'm one of them.

I. Hustle
11-18-2009, 11:35 AM

I thought for sure I was the only one who thought of that. I took too long and didn't give youor others enough credit.

I. Hustle
11-18-2009, 11:36 AM
So apparently this is a joke. Hopefully Angel_Luv can her deposit back.

Not the same beliefs

DarkReign
11-18-2009, 12:07 PM

:lmao

Time and time again
Makin them moves, still gonna let you in

...or some shit. Nice reference.

benefactor
11-18-2009, 12:32 PM
As a Christian, I will have to say that this is one of the most disturbing things I have ever seen......ever.

phyzik
11-18-2009, 12:44 PM
Yes its fake.... but would you really put it past some company funded by the church to do something like this?

balli
11-18-2009, 01:10 PM
There was a Moses NES game back in the day. Officially unlicensed by Nintendo. I think the AVGN did an episode about it.

z0sa
11-18-2009, 01:39 PM
There was a Moses NES game back in the day. Officially unlicensed by Nintendo. I think the AVGN did an episode about it.

If I'm not mistaken, there's a christian game from back in the mid 90's based on either wolfenstein 3d or doom's engine where you shoot fruit at animals and shit