PDA

View Full Version : Tony Parker will not play tonight

Sausage
11-18-2009, 08:39 PM
Aggravated his ankle injury. Per Richard Oliver and Mike Taylor via Twitter.

timvp
11-18-2009, 08:43 PM
Sucks. Let's hope it's a minor reaggravation. And hopefully his ankles can get strong before the end of the season despite not getting rest this summer . . .

SMH.

TDMVPDPOY
11-18-2009, 08:44 PM
ghill3 looms, i want ur starting job weak sauce

phyzik
11-18-2009, 08:46 PM
good (well, not happy about the injury, you know what I mean), I want to see if Hill didnt have a fluke game last week.

duncan228
Parker will not play -- again (http://blogs.mysanantonio.com/weblogs/courtside/2009/11/parker-will-not.html)
By Jeff McDonald

Stop us if you've heard this one. Tony Parker will miss tonight's game against the Dallas Mavericks with a sore left ankle.

Parker aggravated the injury in the first quarter of Saturday's game against Oklahoma City, when he landed awkwardly on a teammate, and has been limited in practice since.

"Richard Jefferson did it," Parker said with a smile. "He didn't do it on purpose."

After tweaking the ankle, Parker returns to the day-to-day carousel.

"It's nothing big," he said. "I'll be fine."

This marks the second time in a week Parker, who averaged better than 30 points against Dallas last season, will miss a game against his old foil. Parker and Tim Duncan both missed games against Toronto and Dallas with sore ankles. The Spurs won them both.

Parker's absence will once again return second-year guard George Hill to the starting lineup. Hill averaged 16.5 points and three assists in the two games without Parker.

thispego
lock him down for the next month. fuckinmg national team.

Blackjack
11-18-2009, 08:47 PM
Obviously they're just holding him out until the Bosh trade comes through..

timvp
11-18-2009, 08:48 PM

Can't say I disagree.

alchemist
11-18-2009, 08:48 PM
Not good in the grand scheme of things. These guys need to play together to get some chemistry.

timvp
11-18-2009, 08:52 PM
Parker aggravated the injury in the first quarter of Saturday's game against Oklahoma City

That could help explain his suckage against the Thunder.

11-18-2009, 08:53 PM
these constant injuries are not a good sign. hopefully it's just popovich being overly cautious.

HarlemHeat37
11-18-2009, 08:57 PM
We have a guy on the IL that has proven he can play..

So when we have injuries like Parker's ankle and Manu's hamstring, REST THEM, and put Hairston in..there's a reason we have depth here..Parker needs a lot of rest, not "day-to-day"..he's a lot slower than what we're accustomed to..give him a few weeks off..it gives him time to rest, and it'll give the Spurs a chance to see what they have in Hairston..

I still can't believe Pop let Duncan play in the Portland game after he messed up his ankle in the Utah game..we have Haislip and Ian for a reason..

this team is old and injury prone..there's no reason to take risks in November..

jag
11-18-2009, 09:00 PM
I'm waiting for the french and arg posters to bust open the doors and rally in defense of national teams everywhere.

Manu'sMagicalLeftHand
11-18-2009, 09:02 PM
Lol, I didn't knew there was a Richard Jefferson national team.

Chieflion
11-18-2009, 09:03 PM
Damn it. It was like a deja vu of last season.

The Truth #6
I heard an announcer say we're the oldest team in the league. That didn't sound right, but when our youth movement is always on the IR I can see the point. It doesn't look good for Hairston unless a wing gets injured. As it is, RMJ hardly plays and I can't see Hairston getting the nod over RMJ. Ian I would like to see him play just to know, but he received his verdict and there's no appeal, evidently.

jag
I'm waiting for the french and arg posters to bust open the doors and rally in defense of national teams everywhere.

Lol, I didn't knew there was a Richard Jefferson national team.

SA210
11-18-2009, 09:04 PM
I guess we'll see ball movement tonight.

murpjf88
11-18-2009, 09:04 PM
I am getting so sick of this shit!! Same old story

Chieflion
11-18-2009, 09:05 PM
I heard an announcer say we're the oldest team in the league. That didn't sound right, but when our youth movement is always on the IR I can see the point. It doesn't look good for Hairston unless a wing gets injured. As it is, RMJ hardly plays and I can't see Hairston getting the nod over RMJ. Ian I would like to see him play just to know, but he received his verdict and there's no appeal, evidently.
They are ignorant. Boston has to be one of the oldest, if not the oldest. Their big three + Rasheed add up to like 128 years old or something.

rayray2k8
11-18-2009, 09:07 PM
watch the spurs offensive do well tonight..
didn't say they'd win, but at least there will be more passing than dribbling..

SA210
11-18-2009, 09:08 PM
there will be more passing than dribbling..

DPG21920
11-18-2009, 09:09 PM
That could help explain his suckage against the Thunder.

LMAO at people:

1) Trying to say TP has played well this year, or that he has not played terrible overall from the beginning

2) That NT play has nothing to do with this

Spurs need to get healthy so they have a shot at clicking.

Manu'sMagicalLeftHand
11-18-2009, 09:10 PM
Anyone who blames national team play for an injury suffered playing during the NBA season, in an NBA court, against NBA players, treated with NBA doctors, is a very sad and ignorant person.

exstatic
11-18-2009, 09:10 PM

Xenophobe!! Francophobe!!

Kool Bob Love
11-18-2009, 09:11 PM

I'm sorry but :lol:rollin:rollin:rollin

:flag::flag::flag::flag:

ElNono
11-18-2009, 09:15 PM
Get well, Tony!

I tell you right now, we better not win by 20 or this place is going to explode.

Chieflion
11-18-2009, 09:16 PM
I like the sound of that.

DesignatedT
11-18-2009, 09:17 PM
doesnt matter ......... tony parker is sevicable

benefactor
11-18-2009, 09:20 PM
Spurs win...I'd bet every vbookie dime I have on it.

Blackjack
11-18-2009, 09:21 PM
I'm sorry but :lol:rollin:rollin:rollin

:flag::flag::flag::flag:

Just watch..

Bosh will be here by next week; this is as credible as sequ's Jack prediction.

Riverwalkman
11-18-2009, 09:22 PM
Anyone who blames national team play for an injury suffered playing during the NBA season, in an NBA court, against NBA players, treated with NBA doctors, is a very sad and ignorant person.
Is this quoted from The Bible? But the fact is, Gasol, Parker, Ginobili, Yao...all suffered injury because of NT play.

MaNu4Tres
11-18-2009, 09:24 PM
Expect Jefferson to get more than 4 shots tonight.

AFBlue
11-18-2009, 09:26 PM
This may be the wrong point of view, but I picked up G-Hill in my fantasy league...is it wrong to be a little okay with this?

The assumption is that we don't lose tonight.

timaios
11-18-2009, 09:28 PM
Is this quoted from The Bible? But the fact is, Gasol, Parker, Ginobili, Yao...all suffered injury because of NT play.

Duncan... fucking USA team... Oh wait !? :king

Parker is not playing, so it's a sure win, right ? :p:

Manu'sMagicalLeftHand
11-18-2009, 09:28 PM

Scientific evidence of that?

Then I guess Grant Hill, Michael Redd, Tracy McGrady, Oden, Shawn Marion, Josh Howard, Gilbert Arenas, Jermaine O'Neal, Andrew Bynum and Kevin Martin all got injured frequently because they played so much with USA Basketball.

bigdog
11-18-2009, 09:29 PM
Expect Jefferson to get more than 4 shots tonight.

I expect a lot of guys to get more shots tonight. With TP out there is usually much more passing and ball movement.

TinTin
11-18-2009, 09:31 PM
Best post ever to sum this topic up:lol

Everyone takes turns to get injured on the Spurs.

Spurs Brazil
11-18-2009, 09:31 PM
fuck

Riverwalkman
11-18-2009, 09:43 PM
Scientific evidence of that?

Then I guess Grant Hill, Michael Redd, Tracy McGrady, Oden, Shawn Marion, Josh Howard, Gilbert Arenas, Jermaine O'Neal, Andrew Bynum and Kevin Martin all got injured frequently because they played so much with USA Basketball.
For Gasol and Parker and last year's Ginobili, it's evident that injury at the begining of the season is due to NT play. I just don't like to see French and Argentina people trying to justify the NT play.

katyon6th
11-18-2009, 09:47 PM
This may be the wrong point of view, but I picked up G-Hill in my fantasy league...is it wrong to be a little okay with this?

The assumption is that we don't lose tonight.

I'm pissed I have Tony in my starting lineup. All week. Damnit!

Johnny RIngo
11-18-2009, 09:48 PM
For Gasol and Parker and last year's Ginobili, it's evident that injury at the begining of the season is due to NT play. I just don't like to see French and Argentina people trying to justify the NT play.

Agreed. If Parker's getting paid 12 mil by this club he better get his priorities straightened out.

Manu'sMagicalLeftHand
11-18-2009, 09:48 PM

Lol, playing for your National Team doesn't need justification. Don't playing with your country asks for an excuse or maybe a reason. Playing doesn't.

If you don't like it, then write a letter to the Spurs management or even better, to David Stern, and ask them to stop drafting international players.

Brazil
11-18-2009, 09:54 PM
Honestly all these threads: trade parker, fuck NT, parker is not a PG, bench him and put Hill etc... suck ! It seems that spursfans need a scapegoat and they found one. Good for you if it helps to sleep better.

It's a shame to say that but right now NBA forum is much less retarded than this one.

Danny.Zhu
11-18-2009, 09:54 PM
Injuries again.