PDA

View Full Version : Boykins on Rome today- talked about matchup w SA

manustarting2gd
04-20-2005, 02:21 PM
Earl Boykins made an appearance today on The Jim Rome show fielding some great questions by Jim. First, Jim asked EB what was the secret between early in the season and the huge turnaround since the all star break. EB said that simply Karl's positive attitude and finally getting some stability at the coaching position led to the big change in the Mile High City. Rome then asked about the playoffs and the matchup with the Spurs, EB responded with "We will obviously have problems with Duncan, but I think that Camby,Nene,and KMart together can hold their own against them. What we will need to do is control the ball on offense since they are a very good defensive team and be very patient in our offense." Rome then asked about Najera and his status. EB replied with something to the effect that he is the best defensive player on their team and our cleans the glass on queue. He went on to say that he expected Najera to be as close to 100% as possible and ready for Sunday's game despite his injury.

BRING IT EARL!!!!

MaNuMaNiAc
04-20-2005, 02:23 PM
wow, I didn't know you could recover from a broken hand that quickly, must not have been that serious I guess.

Kori Ellis
04-20-2005, 02:25 PM
I heard that he already got the cast off.

T Park
04-20-2005, 02:26 PM
quickest healing broken hand in the history of man.

nkdlunch
04-20-2005, 02:30 PM
Najera = The Terminator

Kori Ellis
04-20-2005, 02:37 PM
I'm not sure if I believe that he got the cast off but that's a rumor that has been on the web.

Here's Najera talking about it last night ....

Najera broke the fourth metacarpal on his shooting hand with about 5 minutes left in the third quarter of Denver's loss to the Phoenix Suns on Monday night.

The hand was placed in a cast, and Najera was told that the injury could take six weeks to heal. He will be evaluated again Thursday before the Nuggets set their 12-man playoff roster. Once the rosters are set, no changes can be made throughout the postseason.

"From what I understand, they're going to let me stay on the roster and see if it gets better," Najera said. "Hopefully when we go into the second round, it will be 100 percent."

timvp
04-20-2005, 02:43 PM
I'm telling you, he's going to play. He's going to wear a Kevin Mawae type cast ... for any of you football fans out there.

T Park
04-20-2005, 02:51 PM
If he plays with a cast, Mohammed oughtta fake break his left hand tonight and bust out a cast.

BS a a dirty player like that pileage should wear a cast.

From what I understand, they're going to let me stay on the roster and see if it gets better," Najera said. "Hopefully when we go into the second round, it will be 100 percent

If that is the TRUTH, then we SHOULDN'T see his freakin ass on the court for the series.

That would be nice, but Im highly doubting it.

Jimcs50
04-20-2005, 02:58 PM
Kori, I said last night in here that he said in his interview after the Denver game last night that he would get the cast off today.

nkdlunch
04-20-2005, 02:59 PM
If he plays with a cast, Mohammed oughtta fake break his left hand tonight and bust out a cast.

BS a a dirty player like that pileage should wear a cast.

If that is the TRUTH, then we SHOULDN'T see his freakin ass on the court for the series.

That would be nice, but Im highly doubting it.

Bowen plays similar, so is he a dirty player too? Spurs could use a guy like that.

Dave McNulla
04-20-2005, 03:58 PM
From what I understand, they're going to let me stay on the roster and see if it gets better," Najera said. "Hopefully when we go into the second round, it will be 100 percenti think he'll heal before next years playoff.

Obstructed_View
04-20-2005, 03:59 PM
The fourth metacarpal is an interior bone. If it isn't broken too badly he could probably play with it taped.

Mr. Body
04-20-2005, 04:00 PM
Najera isn't an offensive threat to begin with, so won't be taking any jumpers. He's lunatic enough not to notice when rebounds are killing his hand. Who knows? There's lots of tiny bones in your hand - maybe it's possible to play (if with lots of pain).

boutons
04-20-2005, 04:11 PM
Here's a pic of the 5th metacarpal. I bet with due diligence we could work out where the 4th metacarpal is:

http://www.med.umich.edu/1libr/sma/sma_meta5car_art.htm

MadDog73
04-20-2005, 04:15 PM
Just a guess, but if it's the 4th interior finger bone, isn't that important for, oh I don't know, dribbling, catching, shooting, or passing?

Obstructed_View
04-20-2005, 04:44 PM
Yeah, but since when is any of that part of Najera's game?

AgSnake361
04-20-2005, 04:50 PM
I broke the same bone on my left hand in HS playing football. Now, I played OL, so it was possible for me to go out and play with it wrapped up. If Najera broke it on his shooting hand, there is no way he's going to be able to shoot. Just the finger action alone on a follow through is more movement then most doctors would advise I'm sure. That being said, if he's just in to chase down rebounds and play D, that's not out of the question.

TNT21
04-20-2005, 06:03 PM
wow, I didn't know you could recover from a broken hand that quickly, must not have been that serious I guess.

or maybe, he's Wolverine!!

xcoriate
04-20-2005, 06:05 PM
Here's a pic of the 5th metacarpal. I bet with due diligence we could work out where the 4th metacarpal is:

The thumb right?

:lol

Dre_7
04-20-2005, 06:06 PM

http://www.med.umich.edu/1libr/sma/sma_meta5car_art.htm

Thats gotta hurt like a mug! Ouch!

davi78239
04-20-2005, 06:10 PM
Najera is a "Mexican" Malik Rose, but Malik's still better.

duncan2k5
04-20-2005, 06:14 PM
Yeah, but since when is any of that part of Najera's game?

:lol

bonesinaz
04-20-2005, 06:33 PM
The fourth metacarpal is an interior bone. If it isn't broken too badly he could probably play with it taped.

You mean it is medial . There is no such thing as an 'interior bone' in the hand.

The 4th MC is directly under the ring finger, or 4th digit of the hand. He will have pain with closing his hand and anytime a bone is fractured, there is swelling and pain. This is one of the longest bones in the hand. It will hurt his rebounding and ball handling, even if he wears a brace or tapes it.

Obstructed_View
04-20-2005, 06:40 PM
I meant that it's protected by the fifth metacarpal on the bottom side of the hand. If the medical definition is "medial", then yes, that's what I meant. If it isn't broken too badly the swelling goes down after a few days and he can probably play with it taped. Since he's not known for his finger roll he can draw charges, play defense and provide energy, which is his role.

bonesinaz
04-20-2005, 06:43 PM
I am telling you that he will have a hard time playing defense as well as ball handling and shooting.

I don't think he will play in the first round.

picnroll
04-20-2005, 06:51 PM
If Najera can't grab and hold his game is pretty well shot. I guess he can still push.

Obstructed_View
04-20-2005, 07:06 PM
I am telling you that he will have a hard time playing defense as well as ball handling and shooting.

I don't think he will play in the first round.
Sorry, I agree that he'll have a hard time with it, and he probably won't play. I just said that if it's not too bad the swelling will go down and he might be able to go. That's all.

spurster
04-20-2005, 09:25 PM
Isn't there some risk of permanent injury?