PDA

View Full Version : Add Manu to injured list

Spurs Brazil
11-18-2009, 10:30 PM
Add Manu to injured list
By Jeff McDonald on Nov 18, 09 09:13 PM | Permalink | Comments (0) Save & Share Yahoo! BuzzYahoo! Newsvine del.icio.us Facebook Google Reddit Fark
Manu Ginobili earned his first start of the season tonight at Dallas, then left after 7 1/2 minutes with a strained left groin.

He will not return.

It marked the second straight game he left with injury. Gregg Popovich opted to sit Ginobili for the fourth quarter of a loss against Oklahoma City on Saturday with a tight left hamstring.

http://blogs.mysanantonio.com/weblogs/courtside/2009/11/add-manu-to-inj.html

mytespurs
11-18-2009, 10:35 PM
:wow:depressed

Hope he can recover & return to the Spurs within the next few games.

Duncan2177
11-18-2009, 10:36 PM
GODDAMN :bang

redzero
11-18-2009, 10:42 PM
Pussy.

HarlemHeat37
11-18-2009, 10:48 PM
I don't want to say it, but I will..

expiring contract..

superjames1992
11-18-2009, 10:49 PM

expiring contract..
Should we go ahead and trade Tim and Tony, as well, who have missed time this season?

Hopefully, Manu won't be out too long...

djohn2oo8
11-18-2009, 10:51 PM
Pussy.

Yeah, we know Peja is

ducks
11-18-2009, 10:53 PM
looks like it only took 7 games
to count on him being healthy 82 games plus playoffs is not going to work
him playing 70 games will be lucky

HarlemHeat37
11-18-2009, 10:55 PM
Should we go ahead and trade Tim and Tony, as well, who have missed time this season?

Hopefully, Manu won't be out too long...

Tim is never going to be traded, and Tony doesn't have an expiring contract..

I don't WANT to trade Ginobili, but it's gonna have to be considered at some point before the deadline..we need impact players badly, and this is the last year Manu is going to have significant value..we have a few contracts that amount to big $, and Ginobili is one of them..

This isn't a rare injury, this is the Manu we've now grown accustomed to seeing..

Cant_Be_Faded
11-18-2009, 10:57 PM
groin injuries linger and fester

all the spurs do now is get injured and give up offensive rebounds

Rob123
11-18-2009, 10:57 PM

expiring contract..

I'VE BEEN SAYING THIS.

Ginobili will never be Ginobili again, I've withheld judgement because it's early, but you can just see it.

All summer I said move him, and everyone got their panties in a bunch.

I understand the being loyal part, and if that's your reasoning for keeping him, then fine I guess.

I'm a realist, the NBA is a business, and Ginobili's value was the highest it was going to be over the summer.

redzero
11-18-2009, 10:59 PM
Yeah, we know Peja is

Did you try to offend me by insulting Peja Stojakovic? :lmao

lefty
11-18-2009, 11:00 PM
Manu left the game with a strained groin...hopefully it was his own

antimvp
11-18-2009, 11:02 PM
I think we need to start looking to dump tony and manu......and maybe even tim.

Johnny RIngo
11-18-2009, 11:06 PM
That SJax-Manu trade isn't looking all that bad right about now.

Capt Bringdown
11-18-2009, 11:07 PM
This isn't a rare injury, this is the Manu we've now grown accustomed to seeing..

Exactly. Like it or not, he simply cannot be counted on anymore. How many more times do we have to learn this lesson?

Now his expiring contract is his only trade value, for I don't see another team rolling the dice on his fragile health as the Spurs so foolishly have done.

DJB
11-18-2009, 11:07 PM
I think we need to start looking to dump tony and manu......and maybe even tim.

kill yourself.

lrrr
11-18-2009, 11:24 PM
I'VE BEEN SAYING THIS.

Ginobili will never be Ginobili again, I've withheld judgement because it's early, but you can just see it.

All summer I said move him, and everyone got their panties in a bunch.

I understand the being loyal part, and if that's your reasoning for keeping him, then fine I guess.

I'm a realist, the NBA is a business, and Ginobili's value was the highest it was going to be over the summer.

The question is, who is there out there that the Spurs could get that is the difference maker Manu is? There are only a handful of players who can impact a team like Manu, and none of those guys are going anywhere. Pop will just have to roll the dice with Manu's health.

ducks
11-18-2009, 11:26 PM
Manu left the game with a strained groin...hopefully it was his own

no wonder she is pregrant

Manu'sMagicalLeftHand
11-18-2009, 11:34 PM
no wonder she is pregrant

If your father would've used a condom when he fucked his sister(that's your mom) you wouldn't be here and we would be spared from your inbreeding dumbfuck takes.

SA210
11-18-2009, 11:35 PM
Manu stays!

Walton Buys Off Me
11-19-2009, 12:12 AM
Manu is no longer durable enough to play more than 20 minutes in the NBA.

Cut the chord.

DMX7
11-19-2009, 12:33 AM
You can already tell this is going to be the third straight season were he can't last a season without getting hurt every other game. It's getting old seeing him get hurt.

But just as a side note, tonights game isn't the end of the world. This team can still put it together but we've got to figure out how better to use Jefferson and the Spurs need to get Parker going again.

Cherry
11-19-2009, 12:33 AM
and why nobody say that on Tim? He miss 3 games, you know?

narmerguy
11-19-2009, 12:34 AM
If I have to watch the lakers come out on top of the West...

DMX7
11-19-2009, 12:36 AM

He didn't miss the playoffs last season... and essentially the season before that too.

Phenomanul
11-19-2009, 12:37 AM
That's how the early scheduling inconsistency increases the probability of injury...

Austin_Toros
11-19-2009, 12:41 AM
That's how the early scheduling inconsistency increases the probability of injury...

let's not go nuts with the scheduling...

Death In June
11-19-2009, 12:46 AM
Tim, Tony, and Manu have all missed games this season. I'm in no hurry to trade any of them. Manu's injuries don't seem to be seriously debilitating. As long as his ankles hold up, I can withstand these minor setbacks here and there.

ffadicted
11-19-2009, 12:48 AM
Damn, Manu is so unlucky with this stuff.

Hate to say it cuz he's my favorite player, but if he rested all summer long and has already left early in 2 / 9 games, things aren't looking good. Hopefully Pop will let him heal for 2 - 3 games and get him back up after

jrmp317
11-19-2009, 12:48 AM
as long as they are healthy come playoff time, I could care less.

TDMVPDPOY
11-19-2009, 12:51 AM
dude stephen jax would look good in a spurs jersey right about now

fuck this injury prone bs early in the season, if this shit continues, might as well tank and get rid of them 2 since there extentions are up for renewal

Chomag
11-19-2009, 12:51 AM
I know some here will defend him into the ground. However it's been very difficult to even keep Manu on the floor so far this year and we are only 9 games in. I'm Just saying...

You would be stupid if you don't at least think about it.

Danny.Zhu
11-19-2009, 12:52 AM
Damn.

HarlemHeat37
11-19-2009, 12:54 AM
The big difference between Duncan/Parker and Manu is the contract..Manu's value right now is his contract..

I love the guy, I appreciate everything he's done..I wish he could stay healthy, because a healthy Manu is obviously more important to us than he would be for anybody else..but do you risk having to bank on his health?..

his expiring contract is the last value he's ever going to have when it comes to trading..

Johnny RIngo
11-19-2009, 01:04 AM

You have to consider that Tim's played almost twice as many NBA games in his career.

RedsLakers24
11-19-2009, 01:06 AM
Kobe Plays Injured

FvckMavs
11-19-2009, 01:08 AM
Kobe Plays Injured

Yeah. In Eagle, Colorado.

lennyalderette
11-19-2009, 02:28 AM
i think we should definitly wait things out like any sane person would because this is manu ginobili, and not the ankle were talking about. On the other hand he's becoming injury prone as much as it kills me to say it. this is what i would hope for. im saying it first! even if he is injury prone negotiate a contract at the end and decrease his salary majorly and get what you pay for and take a gamble on him eventually working through it, and then we have nothing to lose. then with that extra money sign good back ups. unless someone wants him that bad that they'll trade us some one really good. ginobili is never going to be worth a trade. losing manu would never help us guarantee you that not at this point.

mingus
11-19-2009, 04:10 AM
i said it on here before, just week ago, that Manu was playing too hard, and that i was worried about an injury. dude stepped away from the court for months, and then went back to playing like his old self. he didn't let his body adapt. at 32 it's even more important.

let's be honest with ourselves though: we all knew Manu's shelf life would be short. i don't know why people act all surprised. he's a relentless attacker on both ends, and physically, he's not built to be able to absorb the beatings he takes for as long as he takes them.

only way Manu will be able to play the amount of minutes he played before is if he stops playing the way he does, which would make him half the player he is.

fuck man. hate to see such a great baller, person succumb to injuries.

Rynospursfan
11-19-2009, 04:22 AM
Manu only knows one way to play, balls out. Most of the time this is what makes him incredible.

I do agree though that at the trading deadline this is something the Spurs will have to consider. They will prepair and keep and eye on some players they may be able to take from the rebuilding teams. If nothing good comes up, I guess we just pray that he can be healthy for the playoffs.

ThaiFanofSpurs
11-19-2009, 05:51 AM
I know Manu has not been his old Manu for the past 3 seasons but I would not trade him. Manu is too good to be true when he is good. Let's hope he is ok and will come back soon. Hopefully, these early injuries are just part of his muscle and body trying to adjust after having been out of the game times for so long. No, I would not want to trade Manu. Niether Tim nor Tony. After last night game with the Mavs, it is more clear to me that we need all big three to win it all.

Homeland Security
11-19-2009, 07:33 AM
The denial is so predictable.

Everybody in America doubted that the Spurs, even with all their additions, could challenge for a title, because it was so doubtful that Manu Ginobili could stay healthy and Tim Duncan could regain his earlier form.

And, predictably, Manu Ginobili cannot stay healthy and Tim Duncan cannot regain his earlier form. Now in addition, Tony Parker has become fragile.

Now to anybody who doesn't have an emotional investment in the Spurs, the obvious thought is that it was a nice little run the Spurs had of winning some championships while the league was in a down cycle, but that clearly it is over and they are now going through their farewell tour.

But to Spurs fans in denial hope springs eternal. Surely these are the last injuries and good health is just around the corner! Surely Tim Duncan is just shaking rust off and dominance is just around the corner! So what if they're only a 6 seed, the Spurs have the West right where they want it! Until the bitter end of that first-round loss, Spurs fans can keep pretending.

And the nice thing about a old, injury-prone, has-been team is that for fans in denial it provides a ready-made excuse. We would have beaten the Lakers if only we were healthy!

Ha.

ElNono
11-19-2009, 08:40 AM

Everybody in America doubted that the Spurs, even with all their additions, could challenge for a title, because it was so doubtful that Manu Ginobili could stay healthy and Tim Duncan could regain his earlier form.

And, predictably, Manu Ginobili cannot stay healthy and Tim Duncan cannot regain his earlier form. Now in addition, Tony Parker has become fragile.

Now to anybody who doesn't have an emotional investment in the Spurs, the obvious thought is that it was a nice little run the Spurs had of winning some championships while the league was in a down cycle, but that clearly it is over and they are now going through their farewell tour.

But to Spurs fans in denial hope springs eternal. Surely these are the last injuries and good health is just around the corner! Surely Tim Duncan is just shaking rust off and dominance is just around the corner! So what if they're only a 6 seed, the Spurs have the West right where they want it! Until the bitter end of that first-round loss, Spurs fans can keep pretending.

And the nice thing about a old, injury-prone, has-been team is that for fans in denial it provides a ready-made excuse. We would have beaten the Lakers if only we were healthy!

Ha.

Feel free to jump off a cliff. I'm still gonna watch regardless of wether Tim can dominate or Manu stays healthy. That's what fans do.

Brazil
11-19-2009, 08:55 AM
Feel free to jump off a cliff. I'm still gonna watch regardless of wether Tim can dominate or Manu stays healthy. That's what fans do.

:toast

TFloss32
11-19-2009, 10:11 AM

Ha.

I'll give it to you that the Spurs' situation looks grim right now...but what's also predictable is premature posts by people like you that love seeing the Spurs struggle. This is a post for April/May, not November. Things like this have been said since 2005 and the Spurs have continued to enjoy ridiculous success (injuries or no injuries).

DaBears
11-19-2009, 10:23 AM
Diddo to all posts mentioned above.. This is going to be a long season, Manu more than likely will continue to get hurt throughout the season small injuries that will cause him to miss 2-3 games at a time..... Side note if it wasnt for his expiring contract i dont think he would be a great trading chip being that he is injury prone now. And once your are injury prone, that is one bug you cant get rid of....

rjv
11-19-2009, 10:35 AM
they need to sit him for 2 weeks. bring him back for the boston game and keep him off the floor until that time.

Capt Bringdown
11-19-2009, 10:35 AM
This is a post for April/May, not November. Things like this have been said since 2005 and the Spurs have continued to enjoy ridiculous success (injuries or no injuries).

Or you might be living in the past. It remains to be seen if we truly have a Big 3 anymore. That's the difference between then and now. It seems impossible that they can remain healthy over the long haul of a regular season. Now we are left with the faint hope that they can stay healthy throughout the playoffs - an extremely improbable challenge given recent history.

We can't turn the clock back or hope for miracle cures. It's time to see what we can get for Manu. Bringing in a new piece is risky, but it's madness to rely on his broken health. He's finished, deal with it.

z0sa
11-19-2009, 10:40 AM
It's saddening, but true, that trading Ginobili's expiring for a solid, defensive minded bigman and filler may be the smartest move possible right now.

We love Manu, and maybe even "owe" him a little loyalty, but not as much as Tim, not nearly as much - and Tim needs a solid, defensive minded bigman to man the paint with. We can go back to playing Spurs D for a couple more years and I know I'd love seeing that.

DaBears
11-19-2009, 10:53 AM
It's saddening, but true, that trading Ginobili's expiring for a solid, defensive minded bigman and filler may be the smartest move possible right now.

We love Manu, and maybe even "owe" him a little loyalty, but not as much as Tim, not nearly as much - and Tim needs a solid, defensive minded bigman to man the paint with. We can go back to playing Spurs D for a couple more years and I know I'd love seeing that.

Agree 110%

TFloss32
11-19-2009, 11:01 AM
Or you might be living in the past. It remains to be seen if we truly have a Big 3 anymore. That's the difference between then and now. It seems impossible that they can remain healthy over the long haul of a regular season. Now we are left with the faint hope that they can stay healthy throughout the playoffs - an extremely improbable challenge given recent history.

You may be right...but the point I was trying to make is: 1.) You don't ever sleep on a team like the Spurs 2.) You can't make a judgement on any team less than 10 games into a season.

We can't turn the clock back or hope for miracle cures. It's time to see what we can get for Manu. Bringing in a new piece is risky, but it's madness to rely on his broken health. He's finished, deal with it.

The Spurs putting out some feelers to see what they could get for Manu might be a smart thing to do. However, people are kidding themselves if they think we are going to trade Manu or not give him an extension in the upcoming summer. We're just spinning our wheels with these "Trade Manu" threads.

TMTTRIO
11-19-2009, 11:20 AM
I'm not against the possibility of trading him but what makes you think any other team would trade something valuable for him if we want to get rid of him because of health issues?

z0sa
11-19-2009, 11:21 AM
I'm not against the possibility of trading him but what makes you think any other team would trade something valuable for him if we want to get rid of him because of health issues?

Expiring contract worth big bucks.

TheManFromAcme
11-19-2009, 11:57 AM
Stinks for Manu. The warrior dude is paying the price for his 110% he's given you guys.
I am not a medical doctor nor do I claim to know the inner workings on how contracts go but I am wondering if the off-season surgery he had plus what little rest he got was enough to heal his foot. Manu's what, 32-33? I think Manu deserved MORE rest than what he got. Now his groin and hamstrings? I know you want championships NOW and that goes for any franchise but why not "try", for lack of a better term, with a Manu-less squad and see how it goes AND THEN go for the gold in the '10-'11 season? The obvious probably sticks out regarding capitalizing on Tim's remaining years but I am convinced Tim will still be rather productive 2-3 years from now. It's no secret what Manu brings to the Spurs table but it's a shame if Manu goes out on a whimper like this. The man deserved better regardless of the "He played for his country that's where it started" tirade that is old as dirt.

Anyhow, hate to see this happen to Manu much less any player. Gods speed on getting better Gino. :toast

LOL@MavsFan
11-19-2009, 12:00 PM
looks like it only took 7 games
to count on him being healthy 82 games plus playoffs is not going to work
him playing 70 games will be lucky

There's Ducks!!!! Mr. Negativity

DaBears
11-19-2009, 12:07 PM
Lets not forget "This is a business" If a employee is not producing or constantly calling in sick, then you will let him go..... But who am i kidding thats the real world.. Not the wonderland fantasy world that is the NBA....

barbacoataco
11-19-2009, 12:21 PM
Manu could spend a lot of time injured and still be ready for the playoffs.

lennyalderette
11-19-2009, 03:15 PM
i said it on here before, just week ago, that Manu was playing too hard, and that i was worried about an injury. dude stepped away from the court for months, and then went back to playing like his old self. he didn't let his body adapt. at 32 it's even more important.

let's be honest with ourselves though: we all knew Manu's shelf life would be short. i don't know why people act all surprised. he's a relentless attacker on both ends, and physically, he's not built to be able to absorb the beatings he takes for as long as he takes them.

only way Manu will be able to play the amount of minutes he played before is if he stops playing the way he does, which would make him half the player he is.

fuck man. hate to see such a great baller, person succumb to injuries.

well said my friend

neboat
11-19-2009, 06:24 PM
I love Manu and want him to be healthy and stay. BUT just as an idea, would you trade Manu for Biedrins? That'll solve our big man problem. Biedrins is a good rebounder, solid defender, great hands, and can finish around the rim.

Just want to add that what sucks about this is Biedrins is the type of player that would thrive with someone like Manu passing him the ball

HarlemHeat37
11-19-2009, 06:28 PM
I'm open to Manu trades, but not for just Biedrins, he's overrated..

neboat
11-19-2009, 06:47 PM

It's too bad Azubuike is done for the season...it could've been Manu + filler for Biedrins + Azubuike. Azubuike would be a huge upgrade over Finley. He's like a poor man's young Finley.

ElNono
11-19-2009, 06:56 PM
Anybody have any updates on his injury? I think he was going to have an MRI done today.
Please post here if anybody hears anything...

mookie2001
11-19-2009, 07:36 PM
manu on the ol injury list...

he has become a parody of himself

Roxsfan
11-19-2009, 10:49 PM
Manu twists and contorts his body so fucking much, its his game and I can see how he can easily injure himself in his elder years....so to speak.

WalterBenitez
11-20-2009, 05:54 AM
Kinesio tape, that's what Manu needs, I assume he could looks like a mummy, I mean just to prevent his injuries from now on.

Spurs Brazil
11-22-2009, 03:50 PM
Manu Ginobili Feeling much better already // Ya me siento MUCHO mejor. Los primeros 2 días dolía bastante.Il y a 4 heures

http://www.facebook.com/permalink.php?story_fbid=206799949601&id=71769686933

e20dylan
11-22-2009, 04:21 PM
you guys make me sick manu is still a top 5 SG in this league when healthy

imagine if we got rid of him and he went to the lakers... cant and dont want to imagine that.

give it up

HarlemHeat37
11-22-2009, 04:39 PM
you guys make me sick manu is still a top 5 SG in this league when healthy

imagine if we got rid of him and he went to the lakers... cant and dont want to imagine that.

give it up

ElNono
11-22-2009, 06:01 PM
http://hphotos-snc3.fbcdn.net/hs048.snc3/13543_202651196933_71769686933_4123299_525911_n.jp g

Another day of weights, cardio and treatments, but no hoops! Not so thrilled about it!

smeagol
11-22-2009, 07:56 PM
Manu is the man.

This team is seriously impaired without him.

Spurs with Manu = 4 rings

Spurs without Manu = maybe two rings

That is the bottom line.

Ducks and mookie, go suck on that for a while . . . :lol

mookie2001
11-22-2009, 08:07 PM

i dont get it

manu is an excellent player i wont deny, but when he is hurt or injured, he is as good as you and me

that is a fact

texbound
11-22-2009, 08:10 PM
Manu is the man.

This team is seriously impaired without him.

Spurs without Manu = maybe two rings

That is the bottom line.

Ducks and mookie, go suck on that for a while . . . :lol

Understand where you're going and completely agree, but technically:

Spurs with Manu = 3 rings (he was not on the 1999 team.

smeagol
11-22-2009, 08:48 PM
manu is an excellent player i wont deny, but when he is hurt or injured, he is as good as you and me

that is a fact

That is true for Tony or TD too. When they are injured (and TP has missed a number of games already) they are as good as you and me.

In any case, if Manu continues to be nagged by injuries, he will be traded at the end of the season and you will be a happy man . . .

mookie2001
11-22-2009, 08:58 PM
i shouldnt have to explain to you the history of manus injuries

carrao45
11-22-2009, 09:16 PM
:lmao

MmP
11-22-2009, 11:59 PM
Personally I don't think these injuries have came up because of his body going older. In fact a 7 day injury is not something to make a big fuzz about it. I think it's just a minor injury that could have happened to any player on the team. People are freaking too much with paranoia with him.
And if somehow his body is starting to go softer, he'll find the way to contribute on the floor. The guy is not stupid, we all know Manu. So if we trade him, he'll probably end up winning somewhere else. Too bad

migs21
11-23-2009, 12:08 AM
http://www.facebook.com/inbox/?ref=mb#/photo.php?pid=4123299&id=71769686933

ducks
11-23-2009, 12:14 AM

kind of like manu is now huh

ducks
11-23-2009, 12:15 AM
Manu could spend a lot of time injured and still be ready for the playoffs.

it takes games to actually be in game shape and it takes time to develop chemistry on the team

ducks
11-23-2009, 12:19 AM
There's Ducks!!!! Mr. Negativity

my head is not burried in the sand

Manu'sMagicalLeftHand
11-23-2009, 12:26 AM
You're right, sand isn't brown and tastes like shit.

ElNono
11-23-2009, 01:40 AM
it takes games to actually be in game shape and it takes time to develop chemistry on the team

Are you telling me that Manu HAS to play or we can't win it all?

anonoftheinternets
11-23-2009, 02:06 AM
Are you telling me that Manu HAS to play or we can't win it all?

lol ..

smeagol
11-23-2009, 06:27 AM
i shouldnt have to explain to you the history of manus injuries

You can explain to me Manu's rich history in helping the Spurs win championships.

Man, you really suck balls when you share ducks' and rascals's views . . .