PDA

View Full Version : Thoughts on the game

DesignatedT
11-19-2009, 12:42 AM
Maybe a thread to discuss the team tonight.

Felt that in the second half our intensity was real high and we played very hard out there. i was very happy with the effort given. some key points

*Duncan proved he still has plenty left in the tank both on offense and defense. he missed a couple easy ones but with the beating he was taking down there and how everyone was relying on him, i understand why.and he even hit his FT's

*Mason running the point is atrocious and could have costed us the game.

*RJ is still nowhere near comfortable in the offense and IMO needs to get more going to the rim.

*Thumbs up to Dice on both offense and defense. played dirk very well and hit the clutch jumpers.

*Would like to see more hairston>mason

*IMO i felt POP misused his timeouts at both the end of regulation and in overtime. with about 1 minute left in OT you could tell our guys were dead tired with the mavs up 2 (when duncan fell on the ground)... instead pop calls no timeout goes to duncan in the post.. he gets hammered... no call....dirk hits the 3... game over.... IMO that blew the game for us. we should have called a TO earlier and drew up a play or even just let tim rest a little bit before he go to the post for the 8th time in a row with him..

anyway discuss.....

Buddy Holly
11-19-2009, 12:43 AM
*Mason running the point is atrocious and could have costed us the game.

Did we win?

G-Nob
11-19-2009, 12:44 AM
both teams played hard...

DesignatedT
11-19-2009, 12:45 AM
Did we win?

i meant it could have been the major factor of why we lost.

TDMVPDPOY
11-19-2009, 12:47 AM
you can tell the DEFENSE dropped off in the 2nd half,

when we limit dirk to 9pts in the first half, and then he goes 30+ in the 2nd half, something is clearly wrong...

RJ+BOGANS were giving there man to much space going around the high screen only to put up a easy 2pts jumpshot.

matt bonner ran out of intensity after a good first half performance...seem like he got his and just call it a day and hope it meets spursfans standards or else trade threads pop up

portnoy1
11-19-2009, 12:49 AM
I'm not putting the blame on TD, but I think if he had made that putback off the GHill miss we would have won the game. Situations like that kinda remind of the old days when DROB would be close to the rim and refused to dunk. It also reminds you that although we have a hall of fame Bigman, for those 2 seconds Dwight Howard would have been a little more valuable. Cause once he gets the ball above his head, its 2 pts and a rim riding rim shaking 2 pts for that matter. I am very happy with the spurs performance tonight. I have a feeling that if TP would have played, that the it would have been a 10pt loss. Or if Manu was healthy a win in regulation.

Blackjack
11-19-2009, 12:49 AM
My thoughts on the game?

Anthony Mason, Jr.'s a hell of a point-guard..

DesignatedT
11-19-2009, 12:50 AM
you can tell the DEFENSE dropped off in the 2nd half,

when we limit dirk to 9pts in the first half, and then he goes 30+ in the 2nd half, something is clearly wrong...

RJ+BOGANS were giving there man to much space going around the high screen only to put up a easy 2pts jumpshot.

matt bonner ran out of intensity after a good first half performance...seem like he got his and just call it a day and hope it meets spursfans standards or else trade threads pop up

^^ good point about the defense.

about bonner.. i think the first have both teams were playing very light and in "soft" games bonner thrives... second half the game got A LOT more physical and bonner has trouble playing in battles like that... IMO

trajik dark
11-19-2009, 12:51 AM
hairston played terry

Xevious
11-19-2009, 12:53 AM
My thoughts on the game?

Anthony Mason, Jr.'s a hell of a point-guard..

:lol

Interrohater
11-19-2009, 12:54 AM
Did we win?

you, my friend, are an idiot.

ulosturedge
11-19-2009, 12:55 AM
My thoughts is it's going to continue to be a circus out there until we get healthy.

Ditty
11-19-2009, 12:55 AM
im sorry but i give up on mason we need to trade him and finley

and play hairston even maybe haslip more

I know this team has not play full blood but either have the mavs and look at there record but they havent had the easiest schedule either we need to get this together after this game lets go out tommorow and beat the jazz

ElNono
11-19-2009, 12:56 AM
I don't think Pop had any intentions of taking this game past the 1st overtime, the the TO usage is not surprising at all.
And I take Tim's offensive domination with a grain of salt. Don't forget the Mavs only bigs were pretty much Gooden and Humphries. His defense was great though. Loved to see TD blocking shots everywhere.

superjames1992
11-19-2009, 12:58 AM
Why wasn't Duncan guarding Dirk? Shouldn't we put our best defender on the Mavs' superstar?