PDA

View Full Version : south park is so finished, hurry up and end this already

Cant_Be_Faded
11-19-2009, 01:10 AM
Kyle drinking a cup of piss?
Randy Marsh being pissed on for over 10 straight seconds?

South Park is becoming a farse.....they show old school repeats throughout the week now and its such a great contrast between their methods then and now. They had inside-old school unexplained movie jokes left and right, they had something resembling a deeper subtext to every episode, and relevant social and/or pop culture commentary that was 1 or 2 weeks fresh.

This season is hackneyed toilet humor (toilet humor doesn't work if you do something that's been done a shitload of times)

This season has repeatedly pimped itself out to mainstream shit that hasn't even come out yet (tonights pimping of the 2012 movie, south park never used to take on movies that had not even come out yet, blatant whoring)

This season has depended on the violent, expecteded, bloody death of side characters....south park isn't metalocalypse, and metalocalypse does it 10000x funnier.

Just sad all around. Hurry up and end this fucking show so I can stop watching this total total horse shit.
Me watching this jackassery is just a testament to how bad ass the show really used to be.

BlackSwordsMan
11-19-2009, 01:14 AM
yup mtv started showing old south park episodes and it amazed me how much better the episodes were back then

Shaolin-Style
11-19-2009, 04:47 AM
South park at it's worst is still better than most other stuff I see on tv.

greyforest
11-19-2009, 05:17 AM
shows become stale after decades of being on the air unless they change drastically, eg throwing in new characters, changing the situation, etc. cartoon shows are terrible at this since the characters never age.

ex: simpsons

there's even an episode of simpsons pretty early on that makes fun of this and itself. its the one with poochie.

the shows always follow a format, this is called formulaic fiction. there's entire genres of movies that always have the same goddamn formulaic plot.

JudynTX
11-19-2009, 08:50 AM
:depressed The show jumped the shark last night.

THAT was the season finale?

florige
11-19-2009, 08:57 AM
Geeezus it was that bad?!

JudynTX
11-19-2009, 09:12 AM
Geeezus it was that bad?!

Yes :(

Are they running out of ideas? :bang

florige
11-19-2009, 09:21 AM
Yes :(

Are they running out of ideas? :bang

I don't know. I don't think it has to do anything with the ideas they have, I am going to piggyback on what cbf was saying and go with the way they are presenting the ideas?

balli
11-19-2009, 09:26 AM
Last night's episode was maybe the first post-2006 episode of South Park I've seen. It sucked and their voices sound different. Especially Cartman's.

Kermit
11-19-2009, 10:12 AM
Southpark will end when Trey and Matt stop making assloads of money from it. Those guys are 100's of millions of $ rich.

JudynTX
11-19-2009, 10:26 AM
Maybe Matt and Trey are too busy with their new eco-friendly mansion. :lol

http://www.steamboatpilot.com/news/2009/nov/10/home-south-park-creators-blends-east-and-west/

DisAsTerBot
11-19-2009, 11:30 AM
Maybe Matt and Trey are too busy with their new eco-friendly mansion. :lol

http://www.steamboatpilot.com/news/2009/nov/10/home-south-park-creators-blends-east-and-west/

why do they own a home together?

balli
11-19-2009, 11:39 AM
edit: nevermind, I just read the article. :depressed

Kermit
11-19-2009, 11:39 AM
why do they own a home together?

http://patdollard.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/04/mr-garrison-mr-slave-8961.jpg

Dr. Gonzo
11-19-2009, 12:25 PM
This show has been bad for a few years now. There have been flashes here and there but as a whole it is just a sad thing to watch. To me it seems like they are trying to hard to be what it is. The whole idea of making fun of current popular culture is just lame. It is like they got caught up in the whole, "I wonder what South Park will make fun of next" thing and just try way to hard now. If Comedy Central wasn't so in-debted to them for pretty much making the network I think it would've been canceled already.

Stone and Parker need to quit this bullshit show and focus on something else.

JudynTX
11-19-2009, 12:53 PM
http://patdollard.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/04/mr-garrison-mr-slave-8961.jpg

:lol :lol

atxrocker
11-19-2009, 12:55 PM
They need to bring back drawn together.

Bukefal
11-19-2009, 01:34 PM
Yeah, it's like they have run out of good ideas and it seems they do not have inspiration anymore. It's a shame, southpark used to be awesome.