PDA

View Full Version : Jacque Vaughn appreciation thread

ElNono
11-19-2009, 01:18 AM
No, really...

Antonio Daniels you say? Where do I sign?

HarlemHeat37
11-19-2009, 01:26 AM
I made the St.John's div 1 team this summer..the Spurs should sign me LOL..I can't be any worse than Mason at this point..

ElNono
11-19-2009, 01:32 AM
I finally realized how hard it really is to be a PG in the NBA.
That's why I started this tribute thread.
Either that or Mason just fucking sucks...

Bleh, actually Pop completely sucks on this one. I don't understand how after last season he could even think Mason could fill the role. And after tonight's game, I just can't think the thought is still in his head.

mesothorny
11-19-2009, 01:40 AM
I finally realized how hard it really is to be a PG in the NBA.
That's why I started this tribute thread.
Either that or Mason just fucking sucks...

Bleh, actually Pop completely sucks on this one. I don't understand how after last season he could even think Mason could fill the role. And after tonight's game, I just can't think the thought is still in his head.

well, he had mason pencilled in as a third (or fourth, if Gino is healthy) PG, so there's your answer.

ElNono
11-19-2009, 01:43 AM
But Manu really isn't a PG, and neither is Mason. Arguably Hill isn't necessarily one either (he was a 2 guard in College). We are not that deep at the 2 either and we didn't know what Finley was gonna give us going in. I think it made sense to have a third string PG. Obviously, hindsight is 20/20, but now we're here and we're scrambling.

mesothorny
11-19-2009, 01:51 AM
But Manu really isn't a PG, and neither is Mason. Arguably Hill isn't necessarily one either (he was a 2 guard in College). We are not that deep at the 2 either and we didn't know what Finley was gonna give us going in. I think it made sense to have a third string PG. Obviously, hindsight is 20/20, but now we're here and we're scrambling.

EXACTLY. We're scrambling - and Mason is our only experienced backup point. Who else is there?

Rynospursfan
11-19-2009, 04:54 AM
If Vaughn had any sort of scoring ability he would have been a fine player. His handle and D were solid.

sabar
11-19-2009, 04:58 AM
Manu passes well enough to play the point. The problem is he gambles too much trying to thread the needle and we get ugly turnovers.

I think it made sense to have a third string PG.

No doubt it does, but as people pointed out during the discussions on trimming the roster: money talks and it makes no sense to pay out the nose for an unlikely need.

Rynospursfan
11-19-2009, 05:02 AM
If the Spurs are that concerned they can dump Haislip or Hairston.

Spurs Brazil
11-19-2009, 07:01 AM
Mason SUCKS

Too bad the Spurs can't waive him to sign a real PG

Johnny RIngo
11-19-2009, 07:14 AM
Mason SUCKS

Too bad the Spurs can't waive him to sign a real PG

Waiving him would be dumb when there's still the possibility that we can package him with another player in a trade.

ElNono
11-19-2009, 08:47 AM
Manu passes well enough to play the point. The problem is he gambles too much trying to thread the needle and we get ugly turnovers.

If Manu would get to choose, he would prefer to play the 2 every time.
Sure, he can play PG. But it's not really his natural position.

No doubt it does, but as people pointed out during the discussions on trimming the roster: money talks and it makes no sense to pay out the nose for an unlikely need.

We didn't need to. We could have moved one of Finley or Mason expiring for a third tier PG. Pop is just in love with Mike and Mason as a PG and he won't let go.