PDA

View Full Version : 33 mins

KenziE
11-19-2009, 04:35 AM
i did not watch the game coz i was workin ... soon as i logged on ESPN i str8t up checked how many minutes FINLEY played ... then i checked who WON .... what a Fuckin surprise the spurs lost !!!

33mins for mr finley crazy !!!

Rynospursfan
11-19-2009, 04:38 AM
He looked seriously slow on D too. He did hit one clutch shot but overall, even with the Manu injury I would have liked to see more Hairston in this game.

Spurs Brazil
11-19-2009, 06:47 AM
I'd rather see 33 minutes from Finley than Mason

sonic21
11-19-2009, 06:49 AM
manu was hurt
mason is horrible

i was ok with finley playing 33 mins for this game

outmap
11-19-2009, 07:23 AM
Finley did well against Kidd, and he hit some good shots; and it was better seeing Mason running the point.
Bonner and Finley plays well coming off the bench giving instant offense in limited minutes despite being a liability on defense whereas Mason simply sucks.

Johnny RIngo
11-19-2009, 07:29 AM
I'd rather see 33 minutes from Finley than Mason

My thoughts exactly. Not a big fan of Finley either but I'd rather have him out there than Mason. It's actually disturbing to see Mason degenerate this much in only one year. At this point, his only value to the Spurs is his expiring contract.

taps
11-19-2009, 07:50 AM
the time is now for malik, if he can hit the three ball he might be able to prove himself to Pop if Finley/mason doesn't score more than five points.

IMO he showed a lot tonite on both ends:

- cut/score/move without the ball - check
- D up hard and force a missed shot - check
- hustle rebound said missed shot - check
- travel = whatevz - check
- stroke teh three on kickout - ?

The mins are there if he does these things I think this rookie's got savvy :smokin

Chieflion
11-19-2009, 07:59 AM
The minutes could have been reduced for Bogans and a little for Hairston. Other than that, Pop could not have done any better.

coyotes_geek
11-19-2009, 08:27 AM
Finley wasn't the problem last night. He played well.

Chieflion
11-19-2009, 08:31 AM
Finley wasn't the problem last night. He played well.
He hit timely shots but sometimes looked a little tired. Other than that, he was fairly average.

coyotes_geek
11-19-2009, 08:36 AM
He shot the ball well and played decent D on Kidd. Yeah, he looked tired. But then so did everyone else, as evidenced by Tim shorting a layup and Dyess not being able to keep Dirk in front of him.

ElNono
11-19-2009, 08:49 AM
He shot the ball well and played decent D on Kidd. Yeah, he looked tired. But then so did everyone else, as evidenced by Tim shorting a layup and Dyess not being able to keep Dirk in front of him.

You're kidding me, right? I could have guarded Kidd last night.
And why keep a tired Finley out there when you have a young stud in Hairston?
Pop's man love for Finley just has no boundaries.

coyotes_geek
11-19-2009, 09:08 AM
I like Hairston, but giving Finley's minutes to him last night wasn't going to change anything. It wasn't Finley's guy who was killing the Spurs last night. He did his job.

quentin_compson
11-19-2009, 09:08 AM
Finley wasn't that bad yesterday. Sadly enough, his +/- net points pretty much sum up his performance ...

Chieflion
11-19-2009, 09:12 AM
Finley wasn't that bad yesterday. Sadly enough, his +/- net points pretty much sum up his performance ...
His +/- happens to be a net 0. However, we were -5 on the game which shows Finley has a positive impact on the game, which he did.

ElNono
11-19-2009, 09:35 AM
We got basically even on the boards, against a team that basically has no bigs.
I mean, Jason Kidd had 11 rebounds... you don't think a more athletic guys would have helped with that?
Now, I'm not bashing Mike. Unlike Mason, I don't think he hurt us. But I thought we could have gotten a little more off those 33 minutes in that position.

Chieflion
11-19-2009, 09:37 AM
We got basically even on the boards, against a team that basically has no bigs.
I mean, Jason Kidd had 11 rebounds... you don't think a more athletic guys would have helped with that?
Now, I'm not bashing Mike. Unlike Mason, I don't think he hurt us. But I thought we could have gotten a little more off those 33 minutes in that position.
I never doubted Jason Kidd's ability to grab rebounds and 11 rebounds is something he does once in a while.

ElNono
11-19-2009, 09:40 AM
I never doubted Jason Kidd's ability to grab rebounds and 11 rebounds is something he does once in a while.

And I know he's capable of doing it, that's exactly why you would actually put a more athletic guy next to him.

Chieflion
11-19-2009, 09:45 AM
And I know he's capable of doing it, that's exactly why you would actually put a more athletic guy next to him.
I know you are clamouring for Malik Hairston to play, but we needed quick 3 pointers to spark the offense at the moment, you could tell the Spurs could not find any shot. I don't think you can teach someone Kidd's desire to get the ball and push the break, all great point guards have that capability. Kidd was gonna get his tonight. I didn't think even if the Spurs put Hairston on him, it could not be enough. Maybe one or two boards, but that could be all.

I am not sure of Hairston's ability to dribble though. I am sure his 3 pointers are more spotty than Finley's.

coyotes_geek
11-19-2009, 09:49 AM
If you want to find a problem with the rebounding last night you need not look any further than the 15 offensive rebounds that Gooden, Humphries and Dirk got. But I'm sure there's an explaination coming as to how playing Hairston instead of Finley would have corrected that.

ElNono
11-19-2009, 09:50 AM
I know you are clamouring for Malik Hairston to play, but we needed quick 3 pointers to spark the offense at the moment, you could tell the Spurs could not find any shot. I don't think you can teach someone Kidd's desire to get the ball and push the break, all great point guards have that capability. Kidd was gonna get his tonight. I didn't think even if the Spurs put Hairston on him, it could not be enough. Maybe one or two boards, but that could be all.

Won't know if you don't try, right? It's not like we don't know what we're going to get out of Finley.

I am not sure of Hairston's ability to dribble though. I am sure his 3 pointers are more spotty than Finley's.

I don't necessarily want Hairston to dribble. But he can jump.

Honestly, it didn't even had to be Hairston. Could have been Bogans too.
At any rate, I'm not upset with Fin or anything. I just think now it's the time to take a look at all these other guys.

ElNono
11-19-2009, 09:52 AM
If you want to find a problem with the rebounding last night you need not look any further than the 15 offensive rebounds that Gooden, Humphries and Dirk got.

It was really mostly Gooden, Dirk and Kidd. Humphries ended up with 5 rebounds total. Dice was actually pretty poor with 4.

Chieflion
11-19-2009, 09:57 AM
It was really mostly Gooden, Dirk and Kidd. Humphries ended up with 5 rebounds total. Dice was actually pretty poor with 4.
I actually had a problem with Blair and Dice. They were not rebounding, which was their job. Blair also got pulled quickly and we never heard from him again. If Duncan, like last season, has to grab all the rebounds, then we are screwed.

ElNono
11-19-2009, 10:01 AM
i actually had a problem with blair and dice. They were not rebounding, which was their job. Blair also got pulled quickly and we never heard from him again. if duncan, like last season, has to grab all the rebounds, then we are screwed.

+1

coyotes_geek
11-19-2009, 10:08 AM
I actually had a problem with Blair and Dice. They were not rebounding, which was their job. Blair also got pulled quickly and we never heard from him again. If Duncan, like last season, has to grab all the rebounds, then we are screwed.

Agreed. Blair was a complete non factor in his limited minutes. Dyess had a pretty bad game as well. He did play some good D on Dirk at times, but was bad on the boards and committed some really stupid fouls in OT.

Chieflion
11-19-2009, 10:08 AM
I got something else to add about rebounds. What are the excuses for Dice and Blair if they are only to combine for 5 rebounds when Matt Bonner has 10? Count them with your fingers. Matt actually had a double double this game. Yes, I know Blair played only around 6 minutes. Pop pulled him out cause he was not doing his job. Why are we even relying on Richard Jefferson to grab rebounds? He also grabbed 10 boards. Isn't rebounding a responsibility of the bigs?

coyotes_geek
11-19-2009, 10:17 AM
I got something else to add about rebounds. What are the excuses for Dice and Blair if they are only to combine for 5 rebounds when Matt Bonner has 10? Count them with your fingers. Matt actually had a double double this game. Yes, I know Blair played only around 6 minutes. Pop pulled him out cause he was not doing his job. Why are we even relying on Richard Jefferson to grab rebounds? He also grabbed 10 boards. Isn't rebounding a responsibility of the bigs?

Absolutely. And truthfully, Tim Duncan needs to get a little dirt on him here as well. 22 and 14 look good, but that was just barely enough to keep his production from being cancelled out by Drew Gooden's 17 and 11.

ElNono
11-19-2009, 10:18 AM

Yes and no. In their defense I would say that Dallas is mostly a jump shooting team, and so you will see more long rebounds. That's why guards like Kidd and Jefferson got that many boards. Bonner also was checking Dirk mostly outside the paint, so that would explain that. Gooden and Tim were doing most of the work inside, and they got their share.
Even then, Balir barely played, so I can't fault him that much. But Dice could have probably done better.

SpurNation
11-19-2009, 10:18 AM
The positioning required by our bigs on the defensive end has a lot to do with their ability to more easliy rebound as well. In this system...it's not always the player's fault.

Many times our bigs are just too far out from the paint to be able to re-establish position on the boards. Over the last few years...opponents have figured out they can crash the boards with some resemblance of succes than they would have against other teams that play more of a traditional two big lineup on defense.

Case in point...last nights tip in from Dirk. He had an open lane to run down in order for the easy put back. Because of rotations by our bigs...the closest person to Dirk was Hill. And he was on the wrong side of Dirk to even prevent that because of the double team rotation which sent Duncan over to defend the elbow while McDyess was cheating out along the opposite base line.

Nobody home to guard the fort. Women and children left unprotected.

Chieflion
11-19-2009, 10:21 AM
Yes and no. In their defense I would say that Dallas is mostly a jump shooting team, and so you will see more long rebounds. That's why guards like Kidd and Jefferson got that many boards. Bonner also was checking Dirk mostly outside the paint, so that would explain that. Gooden and Tim were doing most of the work inside, and they got their share.
Even then, Balir barely played, so I can't fault him that much. But Dice could have probably done better.
I would say the Mavs have done a goob job of attacking the paint mostly due to second chance points and I saw Jefferson grab many rebounds in traffic. 46 points in the paint for the Mavs. Giving up too many 2nd chance points in the paint, resulting in our complaints.

loveforthegame
11-19-2009, 11:43 AM
Finley wasn't the problem last night. Sure, some of those minutes could have gone to Bogans or Hairston but Finley was hitting his shots and that seems to be all that is required of him. Not that Kidd is an offensive threat but at least Finley stuck with him.

Mason, on the other hand, needs to be glued to the bench.

TJastal
11-19-2009, 12:29 PM

McDyess was inserted into the starting lineup with Duncan so he's not going to get many defensive rebounds. So instead you look at offensive rebounds and he got 3 which is a good number.

Bonner got a lot of defensive rebounds in the 2nd unit and overall looked good rebounding, he's actually being aggressive and jumping higher than I've ever seen him. He hit some timely 3's in the 1st half.

Bonner still has his problems though.

One of those is still his man to man defense which is poor. Both Nowitski and Gooden took turns beating him silly 1 vs 1. His pick and roll defense was suspect too. Help defense is not something his repertoire, period.

Bonner's offense and ball handling still makes me cringe too. He had a couple bad travelling violations. Seems like he's trying to do too much. He should probably just never dribble, period. Pop should just tell him to take 3's and if your not open to shoot then pass the ball.

Ditty
11-19-2009, 12:57 PM
fin probably played his best game against the mavs since 2006 playoffs

but i still rather have had hairston or bogans out there

SpurmzKilla
11-19-2009, 03:31 PM
i did not watch the game coz i was workin ... soon as i logged on ESPN i str8t up checked how many minutes FINLEY played ... then i checked who WON .... what a Fuckin surprise the spurs lost !!!

33mins for mr finley crazy !!!

LOL stupid Spurmz fanz. You wanna play Duncan 46 minutes, McDyess 47, Manu w/injury 48 minutes, Mason 45.
Go for it.

Stupid stupid stupid stupid
Must suck to be a Spur. the player, because his fans suck so bad.

Laker Nation

HarlemHeat37
11-19-2009, 03:48 PM
Finley wasn't the problem last night..

KenziE
11-19-2009, 07:15 PM
Ok so if Finley wasnt the problem then explain this to me, we are gonna be running this ship with Fin getting all those minutes?

fuck man we're not goin to the Finals much less the WCF if fin is out there for that long ... im not being negative we might as well give the rings to the celtics we aint nowhere goin near them rings...

forget the Lakers if the celts are healthy lakers cant handle them DAMN

Why the hell get Hairston, Bogans, Haislip and NOT USE them for the team to improve ??

Im a true fan but this shit is getting old already , how the hell Hairston will help the team if you aint gonna use him ... haislip how the hell will he be comfortable in the NBA if hes not gettin any burn... HOW? fuck practice?

finley out thre even though he does hes job is NOT gonna be enough for the team to move forward ... its like last years team pretty much fuck this shit is makin me lose sleep !!!

Chieflion
11-19-2009, 07:21 PM
Go ahead and cliff jump, your posts are not even insightful (thread starter), I already said Duncan should not be the one grabbing all the boards. Why do you even want to play defense if you are just going to allow an offensive tip-in. Besides, it only seemed like Duncan was the one who got beaten silly by Gooden because that was what I saw. People really expect Bonner to guard Dirk efficiently? At least know the limitations of our players. I am only bashing McDyess cause I know he can do better.

KenziE
11-19-2009, 07:56 PM
Go ahead and cliff jump, your posts are not even insightful (thread starter), I already said Duncan should not be the one grabbing all the boards. Why do you even want to play defense if you are just going to allow an offensive tip-in. Besides, it only seemed like Duncan was the one who got beaten silly by Gooden because that was what I saw. People really expect Bonner to guard Dirk efficiently? At least know the limitations of our players. I am only bashing McDyess cause I know he can do better.

where the hell did i mention dice? i aint got nothing agaisnt dice?? ...
im all for dice being out there cos soooner or later he will produce ... unlike FIn who was given all the chance and playing time last year but its just aint gonna work !!!

my point was if we are running with our horses might as well use the young guns coz right now our old horse FINLEY is not gonna cut it for the team ... if we lose with Hairston, Haislip, Bogans playing then so be it atleast we tried somthing else.... not a repeat of last years approach

you get my point ? ha? u get it?

Chieflion
11-19-2009, 08:02 PM
where the hell did i mention dice? i aint got nothing agaisnt dice?? ...
im all for dice being out there cos soooner or later he will produce ... unlike FIn who was given all the chance and playing time last year but its just aint gonna work !!!

my point was if we are running with our horses might as well use the young guns coz right now our old horse FINLEY is not gonna cut it for the team ... if we lose with Hairston, Haislip, Bogans playing then so be it atleast we tried somthing else.... not a repeat of last years approach

you get my point ? ha? u get it?
The fuck you think I was only talking about you. Finley was hitting big shots. Pop was riding with the hot hand. So you want Malik Hairston to get 15 minutes when he has not played more than 15 minutes total this season. I would call for Pop's head because if that happened, I would have thought he had gone mad. It was only this last game where Finley was given huge minutes cause Ginobili is out. The minutes have to go to Finley because he happens to our only other wing other than Jefferson who even seems capable of knocking down a fucking shot. You are an idiot.

Haislip has proven he can't do shit in practice. Why else you think he was not playing? Bogans played but since no one was hitting shots and he did not do anything in particular so Pop took him out. Pop has shown he may be the best coach when it comes to adjustin on the fly. I doubt he planned to play Finley for that long. Ginobili's injury made him adjust. We needed more firepower with Parker out. Playing Finley was nothing short of justified. There you are complaining about it cause it will gradually reduce once we get a capable wing player who can defend and create his own shot. I also wanted Hairston to play, but if you think he is as good a shooter as Finley and spaced the floor as well, you are wrong. Pop is not going to play a young guy like Hairston in crunch time because of his inexperience.