PDA

View Full Version : Blair: 'Hidden Gem' of Rookie Class

duncan228
11-19-2009, 11:40 AM
Rookies Proving the ’09 Draft Class Can Play (http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news?slug=tsn-rookiesprovingthedra&prov=tsn&type=lgns)
SportingNews

Hidden Gems:

2. DeJuan Blair, PF, Spurs.
Pick: 37. Stats: 6.1 points, 5.9 rebounds.

How the scouting report was wrong: Blair was supposed to go in the top 20, perhaps even in the lottery. But concerns about his health (knee) and his height (6-7) scared off too many teams, and he slid to the second round. “What can I do about that now?” Blair said. “I am a Spur. And I am happy to be a Spur. I am not going to worry about what all the other teams thought of me.” There’s no telling how Blair’s health will pan out, but his height has not been a problem—he is second among rookies in rebounding.

The rest of the list is here:

http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=139920

Bender
11-19-2009, 11:42 AM
what was Pop yelling at him for last night?

Fabbs
11-19-2009, 12:16 PM
what was Pop yelling at him for last nigh
Oh brother, is this more headgamey *doghouse* loser insecure power tripping by Popped and was it all or part of the reason for 6 minutes for Blair and 58 minutes for Mrs. PopaFinley/Bonner?

Tell me it was just saving Blair for tonight, please.

DesignatedT
11-19-2009, 12:17 PM
i didnt notice pop yelling.. when was this?

silverblackfan
11-19-2009, 12:20 PM
Yeah, I missed pop yelling at Blair too. I assumed that since the refs were calling everything on the Spurs rookies, that Pop wanted to lower the number of turnovers. Not that it worked...

Bender
11-19-2009, 12:21 PM
Blair got a real earful sometime in the first half... might have been at the end of the first, I can't remember. Pop was leaning into him when Blair walked by him, and really giving it to him.

SpurNation
11-19-2009, 12:51 PM
All speculation on my part but...2 fouls in 5 minutes would have me as a coach a little preturbed. Especially if they are the same kind of fouls he's been getting called on in the past several games and hasn't seemed to be able to correct.

Pop might have been venting frustration on not being able to count on him to stay in the game because of those tendecies.

Fabbs
11-19-2009, 12:53 PM
All speculation on my part but...2 fouls in 5 minutes would have me as a coach a little preturbed. Especially if they are the same kind of fouls he's been getting called on in the past several games and hasn't seemed to be able to correct.

Pop might have been venting frustration on not being able to count on him to stay in the game because of those tendecies.
I missed the 1st half. Were they real fouls or were they Phantom of the Arena foul calls vs the Floppin Frauline? (Dirky).

SpurNation
11-19-2009, 01:10 PM
I missed the 1st half. Were they real fouls or were they Phantom of the Arena foul calls vs the Floppin Frauline? (Dirky).

Being over zealous. His intensity is something the team doesn't want to loose but he's got to reel it in and let the game come to him.

His per minute numbers are good enough but if he can't stay in the game any longer than 5 minutes...the team can't get a rythym established while he's in.

Probably why he didn't play the rest of the game.

Again...speculation on my part.