PDA

View Full Version : 18 turnovers to just 5 for the Mavs

Amuseddaysleeper
11-19-2009, 12:00 PM
We out shot them, out rebounded them, took and made more FT's, hit more 3 balls and still lost.

This is the season from hell :bang:bang

spurs_fan_in_exile
11-19-2009, 12:03 PM
Yeah that was the only stat that I could think about watching the game slip away down the stretch. In light of that disparity it's a miracle that they even forced OT. I fear that will continue to be the trend if the Spurs are without the services of their two best ballhandlers and playmakers for any amount of time.

LOL@MavsFan
11-19-2009, 12:06 PM
How many FTs did Dirk get there in the 4th and OT? That's the stat I want to see. Duncan's getting bodied up and pushed around and Dirk just has to drive in to get a whistle. I guess I should expect that. Happens every time the Mavs-Spurs play and it's close.

rjv
11-19-2009, 12:07 PM
no parker and hill in foul trouble..mason sucks as a ball handler.

SamoanTD
11-19-2009, 12:14 PM
those refs was on some shit last night man foreal that shit made me sick but cant do nothing bout it now lets jus worry about the jazz

DesignatedT
11-19-2009, 12:16 PM
turnovers was definitely the stat the cost us the game

silverblackfan
11-19-2009, 12:18 PM
The refs were crap. We had at least 4 traveling calls, 2 on Bonner, 1 on Malik which were pretty sketchy. Anyone know how many traveling calls per team there were? Is there a site for that?

TJastal
11-19-2009, 12:35 PM
Well if its any consolation the refs whisted Nowitzki on a foul on Bogans taking a 3pt shot and Nowitzki did not touch Bogans at all.

TJastal
11-19-2009, 12:39 PM
And then there was the weird "kick ball" violation they called on Nowitzki when Hill crossed over his dribble and it hit Nowitzki's foot.

For a "kick ball" I believe the defensive player has to physically move his foot and look like he's attempting to kick at the ball, which didn't happen in this case.

I-Ball
11-19-2009, 12:54 PM
We out shot them, out rebounded them, took and made more FT's, hit more 3 balls and still lost.

This is the season from hell :bang:bang

the rebound-advantage for the spurs was 50 - 49. that is not really impressive.
the more important numbers are:

offensive rebounds:
mavs 17 - spurs 8

points in the paint:
mavs 46 - spurs 22

fast-break points:
mavs 18 - spurs 7

an interesting number is the shots taken by team:
mavs 100 - spurs 78

a result of the disparity in turnovers and OReb.

StoneBuddha
11-19-2009, 12:57 PM
Well if its any consolation the refs whisted Nowitzki on a foul on Bogans taking a 3pt shot and Nowitzki did not touch Bogans at all.

Are you sure? It sure looked like Dirk hit Bogans on the head as we went by.
Still, I don't think it wasn't the calls that cost the game... more like shoddy ball handling.

Sportstudi
11-19-2009, 01:03 PM
How many FTs did Dirk get there in the 4th and OT? That's the stat I want to see. Duncan's getting bodied up and pushed around and Dirk just has to drive in to get a whistle. I guess I should expect that. Happens every time the Mavs-Spurs play and it's close.

Dirk got zero FT's in the 4th and 4 in OT. In total : 4
Duncan got 6 in the 4th and zero in OT. In total: 6

FAIL

dirk4mvp
11-19-2009, 01:09 PM
It had to be the refs that made SA turn the ball over that many times.

Dirk got zero FT's in the 4th and 4 in OT. In total : 4
Duncan got 6 in the 4th and zero in OT. In total: 6

FAIL

:lmao

hillscountry
11-19-2009, 01:17 PM
I watched the game, there were so many 'travel' calls on the spurs that are the normal extra step allowed in most nba games it made me want to puke.