PDA

View Full Version : 40% of women admit to throwing a shoe

mrsmaalox
11-19-2009, 01:37 PM
or other object at their significant other. Probably some just aren't admitting it.
I have never thrown anything at anyone---but I have definitely felt the urge. Have you men had things thrown at you during an argument? Ladies, have you ever thrown anything?

ATRAIN
11-19-2009, 01:38 PM
what is up with all these percentage threads?

mrsmaalox
11-19-2009, 01:40 PM

Scientific research. Just answer the question please.

JudynTX
11-19-2009, 01:46 PM
Yes, I have. It was a pen. Of course, I can't remember what the argument was about. :lol

JudynTX
11-19-2009, 01:47 PM

Don't you have a posse to organize? :rolleyes

:lol

Dex
That's assault, brotha!

PM5K
Don't you have a posse to organize? :rolleyes

:lol

The GayTrain Express?

CosmicCowboy
11-19-2009, 01:49 PM
Largest was aluminum chairs from the picnic table.

ATRAIN
11-19-2009, 01:55 PM
Scientific research. Just answer the question please.

I have never have anything thrown at me but been slapped a lot.

mrsmaalox
11-19-2009, 02:00 PM
Largest was aluminum chairs from the picnic table.

Chairs?? More than one? How many women were you fighting? :lol

mrsmaalox
11-19-2009, 02:00 PM
I have never have anything thrown at me but been slapped a lot.

No big surprise there. :D

CosmicCowboy
11-19-2009, 02:03 PM
Chairs?? More than one? How many women were you fighting? :lol

It was the children's mother. She was pretty pissed off. The madder/louder she gets the calmer/quieter/more monotone I get. It drives her crazy. I was calmly picking them out of the air and putting them back under the table...She probably threw a couple of them twice LOL

ATRAIN
11-19-2009, 02:05 PM
No big surprise there. :D

:lol yeah well I have gotten pretty good at dodging slaps now.

CosmicCowboy
11-19-2009, 02:05 PM
I know a guy that got beaned right in the center of the forehead with a #2 can of tomato sauce. Now THAT will leave a mark!

JoeChalupa
11-19-2009, 02:07 PM
My wife threw a burrito at me one time but missed so I just picked it up, threw some sauce on it and ate it.

Crookshanks
11-19-2009, 02:22 PM
I've thrown something at my ex-husband. However, this is the same husband who threw a cup at me and purposely hit the knee that I'd just had surgery on and once, because I was royally pissed because his kids were so picky and finicky and they wouldn't eat anything I made, he threw a WHOLE PLATE OF FOOD at me!

Needless to say - we're not married any longer!

SpursWoman
11-19-2009, 02:23 PM
I admit to doing this on several occasions.

mrsmaalox
11-19-2009, 02:26 PM
I think I just haven't done it because I would miss for sure and then probably have a mess to clean up!

JudynTX
11-19-2009, 02:40 PM
Let me clarify. I did not do this to my husband. I was in my 20's, dating some idiot.

Viva Las Espuelas
11-19-2009, 02:44 PM
Hmmm. I'm starting to doubt these percentage threads. At least some of them....... Can't find the "science" resesearch backing it up. Googled it and this thread was at the top of the list. I don't know how to react to this finding.

CosmicCowboy
11-19-2009, 02:46 PM
My SO comes by her hot temper honestly. Her mother stabbed her step father with a butcher knife once LOL

mrsmaalox
11-19-2009, 02:51 PM
Hmmm. I'm starting to doubt these percentage threads. At least some of them....... Can't find the "science" resesearch backing it up. Googled it and this thread was at the top of the list. I don't know how to react to this finding.

You just need to quit thinking, Enrico Fermi, and answer the question. Sheesh.

Viva Las Espuelas
11-19-2009, 02:55 PM
You just need to quit thinking, Enrico Fermi, and answer the question. Sheesh.

Pipe down, Chippy. And no I haven't. I don't believe in hitting a woman and if I throw something, something is getting hit.

Crookshanks
11-19-2009, 02:56 PM
My SO comes by her hot temper honestly. Her mother stabbed her step father with a butcher knife once LOL
I have Irish blood - can I use it as an excuse? It takes quite a lot to get me really mad, but when I do - watch out. When I was a teenager, there was one evening when my older brother just kept hitting me - you know, like punching me in the arm. I could never hit him harder than he could hit me - and I kept asking him to stop. He didn't listen - so I picked up a pair of taxidermy tweezers (they have a VERY sharp point) that were on the kitchen counter and stabbed my brother in the arm. Those suckers went clear down to the bone! I took my hand away and they stayed upright in his arm. :wow

It was a long time before he punched me again! :lol

David Bowie
11-19-2009, 03:06 PM
I have thrown shoes away from a guy to prevent him from leaving :lol

JudynTX
11-19-2009, 03:07 PM

:lol :lol I needed that. Thanks

mrsmaalox
11-19-2009, 03:09 PM

Oh man that's awesome!! :lmao

katyon6th
11-19-2009, 03:10 PM
I've never thrown anything at a guy I was dating out of anger. My brothers, on the other hand, have gotten many things thrown at them by me. And vice versa.

ginobili's bald spot
11-19-2009, 03:14 PM
I'm a fan of the percentage threads but I don't like this one. I feel left out.

CosmicCowboy
11-19-2009, 03:22 PM
The wife started to throw a coffee cup at me once and then changed her mind and slammed it into the floor for dramatic effect instead...knocking a big ass chip out of the ceramic tile right in front of the refrigerator...

I just looked at the chip and said "Well I hope THAT made you feel better!"...:lol

SpursWoman
11-19-2009, 03:30 PM
My ex-husband threw an entire plastic bowl full of salad across the room at me once ... in turn I threw an entire (full) big plastic glass of tea back at him.

He's also the one I threw a shoe at ... well, "throw" wouldn't be technically correct. It was more, "took my show off and hit him with it a few times".

The funny part was watching him try to vacuum up the lettuce. WTF? :lol

CosmicCowboy
11-19-2009, 03:30 PM
The best spousal argument I ever saw was at a friends house in high school. The dad came home from work, the mom immediately started bitching at him, he told her to shut up, she slugged him in the face, he literally threw her through the living room wall (she hit between the studs on the sheetrock) and she went right through the tile wall into the bathtub in the hall bath. About 30 seconds later we heard the *clack*clack* of a round being jacked into a lever action rifle and Keith and I hit the floor...she came around the corner shooting and the dad went hauling ass out the back door and over the back fence. I was like "uhhhhh Keith, I think it's time for me to go home...." :lol

marini martini
11-19-2009, 03:43 PM
A long time ago, during one of our usual Monday morning arguments I was washing dishes, and he said something real shitty and walked out of the kitchen. I took the butcher knife I was washing and threw it against the wall, it stuck in the sheet rock where he was just standing.:wow.

I. Hustle
11-19-2009, 03:44 PM
That's assault, brotha!

One of my all time favorite quotes for some reason.

CosmicCowboy
11-19-2009, 03:58 PM
A long time ago, during one of our usual Monday morning arguments I was washing dishes, and he said something real shitty and walked out of the kitchen. I took the butcher knife I was washing and threw it against the wall, it stuck in the sheet rock where he was just standing.:wow.

Awesome! You should have left it in the wall as a reminder to him.

Crookshanks
11-19-2009, 04:01 PM
The best spousal argument I ever saw was at a friends house in high school. The dad came home from work, the mom immediately started bitching at him, he told her to shut up, she slugged him in the face, he literally threw her through the living room wall (she hit between the studs on the sheetrock) and she went right through the tile wall into the bathtub in the hall bath. About 30 seconds later we heard the *clack*clack* of a round being jacked into a lever action rifle and Keith and I hit the floor...she came around the corner shooting and the dad went hauling ass out the back door and over the back fence. I was like "uhhhhh Keith, I think it's time for me to go home...." :lol

Oh my goodness! Did they stay married (and alive)?

Viva Las Espuelas
11-19-2009, 04:03 PM

I'm shocked.

CosmicCowboy
11-19-2009, 04:06 PM
Oh my goodness! Did they stay married (and alive)?

nope

they murder/suicided a year later while my friend was at college.

I. Hustle
11-19-2009, 04:07 PM
The closest I got was with my dyke boxer cop ex wife. She was upset at me one time and started swinging at me. I'll never understand how butch lesbos think that just because they want to act like a dude they are as strong as a dude. I am twice her size and after she got mad because I didn't hit her back she slugged me in the face. So I picked her up and threw her onto the couch. I think she got the point when she saw how easy it was for me to fling her across the room. The psycho bitch even got all hot and bothered and wanted me to hit it. What a weirdo.

I. Hustle
11-19-2009, 04:08 PM
nope

So the answer is yes then. They did stay married... FOREVER!

Crookshanks
11-19-2009, 04:15 PM
nope

Seriously? You're not just joking with us? That is really sad and messed up! I feel sorry for your friend.

CosmicCowboy
11-19-2009, 04:20 PM
Seriously? You're not just joking with us? That is really sad and messed up! I feel sorry for your friend.

Nope...serious. Keith turned out fine...he's a big time IT consultant, normal marriage, kids, etc.

marini martini
11-19-2009, 04:28 PM
Awesome! You should have left it in the wall as a reminder to him.

I'm shocked.

Ha!!! Thus, started me on my career as a professional knife thrower!:lol

I did alot of shows. I'll have to show you at the next GTG! I'll use Hustle for my assistant!!!:toast

I. Hustle
11-19-2009, 04:32 PM
Ha!!! Thus, started me on my career as a professional knife thrower!:lol

I did alot of shows. I'll have to show you at the next GTG! I'll use Hustle for my assistant!!!:toast

Just watch the pener.

sonic21
11-19-2009, 04:34 PM
my girlfriend threw the remote control at me once, we were watching a tennis game on tv.

I. Hustle
11-19-2009, 04:39 PM
my girlfriend threw the remote control at me once, we were watching a tennis game on tv.

You should have shown her your backhand swing.

easjer
11-19-2009, 05:44 PM
In anger? Probably, but like . . . pillows. Soft things. Otherwise, I've thrown the remote down the couch towards him or something. And that's usually just in fun or in mock arguments.

I do have an instinct to throw things when I'm angry, but I don't want anyone getting hurt.

MaNuMaNiAc
11-19-2009, 09:01 PM
Never but I wouldn't hesitate to throw something that's been thrown at me, that's for sure.