PDA

View Full Version : Dear Spurs: Ignore the f****** refs.

Zero_Twilight
11-19-2009, 04:11 PM
Dears Spurs, Pop, coaching staff,

Please guys, ignore those f****** pawns and play the game.

Whenever you guys play a contender team, don't expect the refs to help you. Man up, stay focused and play the damn game. We never get "gifts" from these penguins unless it's against a team like the Kings or the Clippers. It's been this way since 1999 so why should it change now? Box em out of your minds and come together as a team, the "Spurs" way.

George Hill is mentally tough and I'm proud of the kid. He takes the anger and turns it into toughness and tenacity instead of dropping his shoulders and asking the ref to bail him out. The veterans can learn something from GH, even the coaches. Keep ballin young gun.

good better best

DesignatedT
11-19-2009, 04:12 PM
did i miss something here? did pop or the coaching staff take a shot at the officiating?

fyatuk
11-19-2009, 04:16 PM
The players spent time complaining yesterday during the game. Didn't bother me since the refs were pretty damn bad. Missed calls on both teams and very inconsistent.

HarlemHeat37
11-19-2009, 04:32 PM
This isn't anything new though, our players and Pop have been complainers for a while now, especially Duncan..it didn't affect our title wins..

DesignatedT
11-19-2009, 04:36 PM
This isn't anything new though, our players and Pop have been complainers for a while now, especially Duncan..it didn't affect our title wins..

not once has pop every blamed the refs or pointed the finger at the refs in the postgame.. if you want some of that action go look at phil jackson. so i dont understand what your seeing there.

yes pop might get on the refs during the game but hes just trying to protect his players and maybe get to the line next possession...

same as for duncan.. just trying to get a call. i wish he would do it less also but seeing dirk getting rubbed on a layup has to make him frusturated he cant get a fn call on the block

HarlemHeat37
11-19-2009, 04:43 PM
They don't complain off the court, I admire that..they all complain a lot on the court though, everybody knows that..

Duncan is the king of letting the refs get to him..

I'm not complaining about it, I'm just saying, this isn't something new..it has nothing to do with the struggles..

SKINNYPIMP210
11-19-2009, 04:53 PM
they don't complain off the court, i admire that..they all complain a lot on the court though, everybody knows that...

+1

duncan228
11-19-2009, 05:36 PM
Duncan whine? Never.

http://i182.photobucket.com/albums/x282/duncan228/2009-2010/11-18-0918.jpg

Chomag
11-19-2009, 05:43 PM
The only time that it ever bugs me is when they are to busy arguing with the ref that they don't go down and play defense. Certain players tend to do this sometimes more then some on this team, not naming names lol

vander
11-19-2009, 05:45 PM
what is the FUCKING DEAL with the refs and Matt Bonner?!?!? there has got to be some kind of vendetta or conspiracy there, I am continually blown away at how whistle happy they are towards Bonner
:bang
:flipoff
:wtf
:soapbox:
:cuss
:madrun
:pctoss

ZB 512
11-19-2009, 05:53 PM
Spurs can complain about refs even when they have the overall FT advantage (as they usually do, and as they did again last night)

seems to be quite a sense of entitlement with this franchise

duncan228
11-19-2009, 06:02 PM
The only time that it ever bugs me is when they are to busy arguing with the ref that they don't go down and play defense.

That's my biggest issue with Duncan and whining. I really don't care that he whines, as long as it doesn't get in his game. Sometimes when he gets pissed it can be a good thing for his game, but other times he lets it distract him.

They don't complain off the court, I admire that..they all complain a lot on the court though, everybody knows that..

I also admire that they don't often whine to the media. Keep it on the court and in the locker room.

Tp9gospursgo
11-19-2009, 06:07 PM
I thought until OT last night the refs werent too bad. Then every call seemed to go to Dallas aka Dirk

Sigz
11-19-2009, 06:09 PM
Duncan is going down as the greatest PF of all time... But he may go down as one of the biggest whiners in NBA history.

HarlemHeat37
11-19-2009, 06:30 PM
Most of the great players whine, it does get annoying..Duncan and Kobe are probably the biggest complainers in the NBA, and they're the 2 best of this generation..

Zero_Twilight
11-19-2009, 08:14 PM
No, no. Don't get me wrong.

I agree 100% with the complaints that the players have. I agree 100% that Pop does these things to protect his players and to show support for his players who are playing hard. They just needn't affect their mindset and focus because it's an uphill battle.

What I am trying to say is: We already know the agenda on nights like last night. Dirk is going to get every call, and the guys defending him are going to be whistled. What else is new?

So on nights like that, I wish they would just acknowledge that fact, bite the tongue and use it as fuel to play even harder. No need to be angered and frustrated by things that are pre-destined. However, our guys can look destiny in the face by playing through it and coming together as a team to defy these types of odds, like they've done in the past. It's one of the main reasons I'm a Spurs fan.

ZB 512
11-19-2009, 08:57 PM
I thought until OT last night the refs werent too bad. Then every call seemed to go to Dallas aka Dirk

if not for the Spurs' customary FT attempt advantage, they wouldnt have made it to OT

NuGGeTs-FaN
11-19-2009, 09:04 PM
The Nuggets got owned by the refs when they faced the Spurs in the playoffs one year. It was horrible, but sometimes you get the whistle and sometimes you don't.

it all depends on who you ask :lol

DubMcDub
11-19-2009, 09:40 PM

Dirk shot 1 FT in OT, other than the 2 at the end after the intentional foul with <5 seconds to go.

Zero_Twilight
11-19-2009, 09:45 PM
The Nuggets got owned by the refs when they faced the Spurs in the playoffs one year. It was horrible, but sometimes you get the whistle and sometimes you don't.

You mean the series where Kmart and Nene practically jumped and bullied Timmy? I remember that. The Nuggets were so physical that it awoken an otherwise reserved Spurs team. When the Spurs decided to give em some of thier own medicine they couldn't take it.

I thank the Nuggets for that because it made the rest of the playoffs vs Utah and Cleveland pretty easy.

UnWantedTheory
11-20-2009, 12:17 AM
It depends on who you ask...it can be weird at times.

UnWantedTheory
11-20-2009, 12:18 AM
OVERALL the Refs seem pretty bad this year...IMO.

slayermin
11-20-2009, 12:19 AM

I remember the Nuggets going gangsta on Manu and they still couldn't stop him.

TJastal
11-20-2009, 09:18 AM
what is the FUCKING DEAL with the refs and Matt Bonner?!?!? there has got to be some kind of vendetta or conspiracy there, I am continually blown away at how whistle happy they are towards Bonner
:bang
:flipoff
:soapbox:
:cuss
:madrun
:pctoss

Matt Bonner is a not-too-coordinated unathletic white guy playing in a league that does not promote or cater to his type, rather the league caters to the athletic black athlete that can dunk a basketball.

This influence starts at the top with David Stern and trickles down to the guys who do his dirty work (the refs).

It didn't used to be this way, but over the course of the last decade it has become a regular occurence to see white players in general (like Matt Bonner) get hosed over and over again.

I still enjoy watching but if the trend continues here will come a point when I will have to stop.

rascal
11-20-2009, 09:47 AM
Matt Bonner is a not-too-coordinated unathletic white guy playing in a league that does not promote or cater to his type, rather the league caters to the athletic black athlete that can dunk a basketball.

This influence starts at the top with David Stern and trickles down to the guys who do his dirty work (the refs).

It didn't used to be this way, but over the course of the last decade it has become a regular occurence to see white players in general (like Matt Bonner) get hosed over and over again.

I still enjoy watching but if the trend continues here will come a point when I will have to stop.

The majority of fans do not want to see not too coordinated unathletic white guys on the basketball court.

SpurNation
11-20-2009, 10:30 AM
I was at the game against the Jazz. I'd say the whistles weren't all that conclusive to the outcome until late in the 4th when the Spurs had taken a 1 point lead.

Hill on Williams...Hill pressuring Williams along the side court...Williams clears out with his elbow and forearm to create space....foul on Hill.

Courtesy of our own beloved Joey Crawford who was standing right there to witness it all.

Pop was livid. Rightfully so. Because now exit Hill...enter Mason...game over.