PDA

View Full Version : Fool Me Twice......

Oh, Gee!!
11-19-2009, 04:20 PM
Fox News again accused of airing misleading video

For the second time in just over a week, Fox News is coming under fire for misusing old news footage. The latest flap is leading some people to charge that the cable news network is intentionally misleading its audience, while Fox claims a "production error."

Wednesday's incident occurred when Fox News host Gregg Jarrett mentioned that a Sarah Palin appearance and book signing in Grand Rapids, Michigan had a massive turnout. As footage rolled of a smiling and waving Palin amidst a throng of fans, Jarrett noted that the former Republican vice-presidential candidate is "continuing to draw huge crowds while she's promoting her brand-new book,'' adding that the images being shown were "some of the pictures just coming in to us.... The lines earlier had formed this morning."

However, the video used in the segment was from a 2008 McCain/Palin campaign rally. In response to the minor uproar that arose after clips of Jarrett's report hit the Internet, Fox senior vice-president of news Michael Clemente issued an initial statement saying, "This was a production error in which the copy editor changed a script and didn't alert the control room to update the video."

On Thursday afternoon, Fox News issued an on-air apology delivered by host Jane Skinner:

Yesterday we told you about Sarah Palin kicking off her book tour and then we spoke to Sean Hannity about an interview that he did with former Governor Palin. When introducing the segment we showed you footage of people lining up in Michigan for a book signing that evening. In the tease before the segment, the tease to commercial, we told you how those people were already lining up to meet Palin. The problem is we didn't show you the video we were actually referencing. Instead we mistakenly aired what's called "file tape" of Sarah Palin. We didn't mean to mislead anybody in that tease. It was a mistake, and for that we apologize.

The current mishap comes on the heels of a controversy sparked last week when footage from a conservative rally held over the summer was played on "Hannity" during a segment on a more recent rally. During the clip, host Sean Hannity marveled over the large turnout for a Washington, DC protest. The Daily Show later pointed out that there seemed to be some inconsistencies with the video shown on Hannity's show, namely that the atmospheric conditions seemed to vary from shot to shot. Hannity later apologized on the air for what he called "an inadvertent mistake."

Barely a week into Palin’s blitz to promote “Going Rogue,” media coverage is becoming its own story. Fox News rival MSNBC caught heat last week for using altered images of Sarah Palin on the air, for which they later apologized. On Wednesday, Yahoo! News reported Newsweek’s defense of their latest controversial cover, which Palin herself blasted as “sexist.”

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ynews/ynews_ts988

jack sommerset
11-19-2009, 04:27 PM
OMFG!!!!!!!!!!!!! 24 hours,7 days a week,52 weeks a year and these motherfuckers ran 2 clips wrong. I'm never watching that fucking cable network again! Thanks buddy for posting.

clambake
11-19-2009, 04:29 PM
jihadist fist jab, delivered by jack.

ChumpDumper
11-19-2009, 04:29 PM
So you like liars after all, jack.

Figures.

jack sommerset
11-19-2009, 04:36 PM
So you like liars after all, jack.

Figures.

Are you desperate to talk to someone? Really....I'm serious.

FOX said they made a mistake. FOX is not a person. They are a network with thousands of workers. Quit trolling.

ChumpDumper
11-19-2009, 04:38 PM
Are you desperate to talk to someone? Really....I'm serious.No. Are you desperate to respond to my posts?

FOX said they made a mistake. FOX is not a person. They are a network with thousands of workers. Quit trolling.So you like the liars who work at FOX. OK.

Or you're just gullible and believe that no one there would ever lie.

Ignignokt
11-19-2009, 04:42 PM
No. Are you desperate to respond to my posts?

So you like the liars who work at FOX. OK.

Or you're just gullible and believe that no one there would ever lie.

what proof do you have that this instance was a lie?

ChumpDumper
11-19-2009, 04:48 PM
what proof do you have that this instance was a lie?Circumstantial evidence and a fairly lengthy pattern of deceit. This isn't a court of law, so I'm going to go with it. I'm sure your standards will be different.

DarrinS
11-19-2009, 04:50 PM
How was this stock video of Palin supposed to be influencing people?

Is this worse than MSNBC's using photoshopped images of Palin?

SkFltzR4EGE

clambake
11-19-2009, 04:53 PM
much worse, darrin.

ChumpDumper
11-19-2009, 04:55 PM
How was this stock video of Palin supposed to be influencing people?Presenting the amount of support for a movement or person as larger than it actually is could give people the wrong impression about the amount of support for that movement or person and could influence their opinion of that movement or person.

Is this worse than MSNBC's using photoshopped images of Palin?That was just as bad. We'll see if they do it again. Fox already did.

Ignignokt
much worse, darrin.

:lmao :lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao

Okay!!!!:lmao:lmao:lmao

DarrinS
much worse, darrin.

How so?

Oh, Gee!!
How was this stock video of Palin supposed to be influencing people?

bolstering her popularity, her celebrity, or her credibilty with people that would watch foxnews stories about palin.

Is this worse than MSNBC's using photoshopped images of Palin?

no. does msnbc's actions excuse foxnews somehow?

Ignignokt
11-19-2009, 04:56 PM
Presenting the amount of support for a movement or person as larger than it actually is could give people the wrong impression about the amount of support for that movement or person.

That was just as bad. We'll see if they do it again. Fox already did.

They've done it twice. one with the black guy at the rally, and now the Palin pics.

clambake
11-19-2009, 04:57 PM
How so?

well, i only watch fox news.

how long have they been lying to me?

Ignignokt
no. does msnbc's actions excuse foxnews somehow?

He's asking if foxnews actions excuse msnbc's. Thanks:toast

ChumpDumper
They've done it twice. one with the black guy at the rally, and now the Palin pics.They photoshopped Palin onto a black guy at a rally?

Link?

DarrinS
11-19-2009, 04:58 PM
Presenting the amount of support for a movement or person as larger than it actually is could give people the wrong impression about the amount of support for that movement or person and could influence their opinion of that movement or person.

Well, given that she just gave Oprah her best ratings in two years, I don't really think she needs any help.

The network did acknowledge the mistake.

I guess this is some huge story for the grassy knoller crowd.

Oh, Gee!!
11-19-2009, 04:58 PM
He's asking if foxnews actions excuse msnbc's. Thanks:toast

I said they don't, and I'm asking him the same question in reverse. I can answer a question directly.

Ignignokt
11-19-2009, 04:59 PM
Circumstantial evidence and a fairly lengthy pattern of deceit. This isn't a court of law, so I'm going to go with it. I'm sure your standards will be different.

What was the deceit? You mean there weren't alot of people at the book signing?

ChumpDumper
11-19-2009, 04:59 PM
Well, given that she just gave Oprah her best ratings in two years, I don't really think she needs any help.I know you were watching Oprah that day.

The network did acknowledge the mistake.Nice of them. How does it keep happening?

I guess this is some huge story for the grassy knoller crowd.Oh yes, you only post about the most important issues of our time.

Ignignokt
11-19-2009, 05:00 PM
I said they don't, and I'm asking him the same question in reverse. I can answer a question directly.

So it wasn't until Fox did it, that you decided to start a thread about it, had it not happened, we could count on you not to make a peep about MSNBC.. that sounds right.:toast

ChumpDumper
What was the deceit? You mean there weren't alot of people at the book signing?That's what makes it so funny. It wasn't even necessary in either case.

clambake
I guess this is some huge story for the grassy knoller crowd.

don't get mad, G. he said "i guess".

Ignignokt
11-19-2009, 05:01 PM
They photoshopped Palin onto a black guy at a rally?

Link?

No link necessary, there was a comma after black guy.

Punctuation.

Oh, Gee!!
11-19-2009, 05:01 PM
So it wasn't until Fox did it, that you decided to start a thread about it, had it not happened, we could count on you not to make a peep about MSNBC.. that sounds right.:toast

make your own thread about MSNBC if you want and stay out of mine if you don't like the topic.

ChumpDumper
11-19-2009, 05:02 PM
No link necessary, there was a comma after black guy.

Punctuation.You said they did the same thing. It was two different things.

Ignignokt
11-19-2009, 05:03 PM
That's what makes it so funny. It wasn't even necessary in either case.

SO they didn't lie about the numbers at both events but they were lazy and used old footage.

Where as MSNBC used photoshop, and cropped out a black guy to prove racism.

WARNING**** SARCASM BELOW!

I can totally see how one could equate both.

Ignignokt
11-19-2009, 05:04 PM
You said they did the same thing. It was two different things.

nope, check the qoute again.

ChumpDumper
11-19-2009, 05:06 PM
nope, check the qoute again.I did.

jack sommerset
11-19-2009, 05:07 PM
I guess I can like FOX. They didn't lie.

ChumpDumper
11-19-2009, 05:08 PM
I guess I can like FOX. They didn't lie.Except they did.

Twice.

You like liars.

jack sommerset
11-19-2009, 05:10 PM
Except they did.

Twice.

You like liars.

Your opinion. You said yourself. They didn't lie, they made a mistake. I believe them, especially since you can't prove they are liars.

Ignignokt
11-19-2009, 05:10 PM
I did.

Now read it.

ChumpDumper
11-19-2009, 05:12 PM
Your opinion. You said yourself. They didn't lie, they made a mistake. I believe them, especially since you can't prove they are liars.Tell me what a terrorist fist jab is.

Ignignokt
11-19-2009, 05:12 PM
They've done it twice. one with the black guy at the rally, and now the Palin pics.

This down here does not match what you characterized about my post.

You said they did the same thing. It was two different things.

why are you intent on being deceitful? Hasn't this thread taught you anything.

ChumpDumper
11-19-2009, 05:13 PM
This down here does not match what you characterized about my post.

why are you intent on being deceitful? Hasn't this thread taught you anything.You said they did it twice.

Thanks for posting it again.

Tell me what a terrorist fist jab is.

George Gervin's Afro
11-19-2009, 05:14 PM
Your opinion. You said yourself. They didn't lie, they made a mistake. I believe them, especially since you can't prove they are liars.

:lmao

Jack hates liars... sorry he likes those, 'who in his opinion' don't lie...

NOw jack wants proof..:lmao

Oh, Gee!!
11-19-2009, 05:15 PM
jack must loooove glenn beck

Ignignokt
11-19-2009, 05:17 PM
You said they did it twice.

Thanks for posting it again.

SO you don't consider those two acts of deceit to be deciet?

ChumpDumper
11-19-2009, 05:22 PM
SO you don't consider those two acts of deceit to be deciet?I'm sure the black dude one was. I would have wanted an apology for that one before one that was just a weak attempt at humor. They indeed should have mentioned that some of those pictures were photoshopped during that segment, or they could have marked the ones that were since they were showing several at a time. Or of course they could have omitted them altogether.

DarrinS
11-19-2009, 05:25 PM
I found something for ChumDumpster and "Oh Gee" to jackoff to.

There's someone on Youtube with a "FoxBastardPeople" channel.

http://www.youtube.com/user/FoxBastardPeople

Enjoy.

jack sommerset
11-19-2009, 05:26 PM
jack must loooove glenn beck

Only seen his show a few times. That would be a no.

ChumpDumper
11-19-2009, 05:28 PM

Enjoy.Actually, judging from the number of YouTubes posted, you are the one fapping furiously under his desk at work to that particular website.

clambake
11-19-2009, 05:28 PM

Enjoy.

you're thinking about them jacking off?

creepy

jack sommerset
11-19-2009, 05:29 PM
:lmao

Jack hates liars... sorry he likes those, 'who in his opinion' don't lie...

NOw jack wants proof..:lmao

You are a idiot. They didn't lie and I do hate liars.

ChumpDumper
11-19-2009, 05:29 PM
you're thinking about them jacking off?

creepyThey always eventually end up there.

jack sommerset
11-19-2009, 05:30 PM
Tell me what a terrorist fist jab is.

Go look it up.

Still can't prove they are liars. Alright. We are done here....

Oh, Gee!!
11-19-2009, 05:32 PM
if they're aren't liars, why don't they disprove the allegations levied by some? I'm not saying that they're liars, but I find it odd that they have remained silent in the face of these accusations.

DarrinS
11-19-2009, 05:33 PM
I like this Hardball clip.

Matthews: What is it they like about her [Palin]?

Norah O'Donnell: They have a connection with her and I think it's an emotional connection. A lot of the people I spoke with today were unable to articulate exactly why they supported Sarah Palin...(i.e. they're dumb)...this is a largely white, almost no minorities in this crowd...(WTF??)

Why does MSNBC love the race card so much?

This is some top-notch journalism.

RXz-ebxcFMM

EDIT> Chris "thrill up my leg" Matthews: "Well, they look like a white crowd to me... ...Not that there's anything wrong with it, but it is pretty monochromatic there."

jack sommerset
11-19-2009, 05:34 PM
if they're aren't liars, why don't they disprove the allegations levied by some? I'm not saying that they're liars, but I find it odd that they have remained silent in the face of these accusations.

They said they made a mistake. A production mistake. So I guess that clears it up for you.

ChumpDumper
11-19-2009, 05:34 PM
RXz-ebxcFMM
[fap-fap-fap-fap]

ChumpDumper
11-19-2009, 05:37 PM
They said they made a mistake. A production mistake. So I guess that clears it up for you.They mistakenly went to the tape library to pull out footage from many months ago to play in place of footage from that day.

I agree it was a mistake to lie.

Crookshanks
11-19-2009, 05:58 PM
I like this Hardball clip.

Matthews: What is it they like about her [Palin]?

Norah O'Donnell: They have a connection with her and I think it's an emotional connection. A lot of the people I spoke with today were unable to articulate exactly why they supported Sarah Palin...(i.e. they're dumb)...this is a largely white, almost no minorities in this crowd...(WTF??)

Why does MSNBC love the race card so much?

This is some top-notch journalism.

RXz-ebxcFMM

EDIT> Chris "thrill up my leg" Matthews: "Well, they look like a white crowd to me... ...Not that there's anything wrong with it, but it is pretty monochromatic there."
So it's okay for 95% of black voters to vote for Obama, but it's not okay for Sarah Palin supporters to be mostly white...got it Mr. "Thrill Up My Leg"

ChumpDumper
11-19-2009, 06:01 PM
So it's okay for 95% of black voters to vote for Obama, but it's not okay for Sarah Palin supporters to be mostly white...got it Mr. "Thrill Up My Leg"Did either of them say it was specifically a bad thing?

Their merely mentioning it is worth it just for whitey's indignant reaction on this board.

MannyIsGod
11-19-2009, 06:04 PM
All cable news sucks so whatever.

Nbadan
11-19-2009, 07:46 PM
No doubt, although Rachael Maddow is far and above more truthy than FAUX News...

g3ALxKE8buk

George Gervin's Afro
11-19-2009, 07:55 PM
They said they made a mistake. A production mistake. So I guess that clears it up for you.

So claiming something was a mistake negates the lie...