PDA

View Full Version : The Official Meltdown Thread

Pages : [1] 2

timvp
11-19-2009, 11:00 PM
Since we're sure to see a few dozen of these threads ... I'll get it started.

I can stomach most losses. But not losses at home against the Jazz. The Jazz are the arch rival of arch rivals. F the Jazz. This shouldn't happen.

F.

The.

Jazz.

:madrun :madrun :madrun :pctoss

:smchode:

greyforest
11-19-2009, 11:00 PM
finley's stat line: WTF pop.

Ditty
11-19-2009, 11:01 PM
come back tony please

SpursRulez4eVeR
11-19-2009, 11:01 PM
tony we miss you...bad...real bad...

Chomag
11-19-2009, 11:02 PM
But, but it's only November! Fuck that!!! Lets stop making lottery team excuses please and play like we are contenders!!!

Chieflion
11-19-2009, 11:03 PM
I say we trade Jefferson to Portland. If we cannot make the Lakers our bitch, we help the Blazers make them their bitch.

dastrey
11-19-2009, 11:03 PM
When you can't beat a Jazz team at home, that you have been bitch slapping the past decade, it's time to be worried.

Admidave50
11-19-2009, 11:04 PM
Haha, yeah they haven't won in our arena since forever! Fuck the Jazz!!

TDMVPDPOY
it was a close game throughout the game, margin was around 4pts...doesnt help when bogasn and ghill3 was in foul trouble...our defensive backcourt was totally gone...

mason, finley why are they still on this fckn team...
RJ exposed as the phoney player on a 15m a year

why was ratliff bench when he had a good run in those limited minutes...

TDMVPDPOY
it was a close game throughout the game, margin was around 4pts...doesnt help when bogasn and ghill3 was in foul trouble...our defensive backcourt was totally gone...

mason, finley why are they still on this fckn team...
RJ exposed as the phoney player on a 15m a year

why was ratliff bench when he had a good run in those limited minutes...

bigdave50
Manu and tony being Loyal To Their Countries, have the spurs fucked. We should trade Them both. all the money that we spent and now were 4-6.

RC Needs to wake up and do something fast

KaiRMD1
I'm only going to say this once: It's still early........but hell, after seeing the way they have been playing, even I'm worried. Early or not, we can't keep letting this crap happen. Although, I am glad to see that nobody has made any "Fire Pop" threads considering coaches are always the first to go.

Leetonidas
11-19-2009, 11:06 PM
Man, fuck Boozer. He didn't do shit the whole game, constantly clanging shots, and then all of a sudden he makes the two biggest plays in the game. FUCK Carlos Boozer.

completely deck
11-19-2009, 11:06 PM
my beloved! what have they done to you??

TDMVPDPOY
11-19-2009, 11:07 PM
I'm only going to say this once: It's still early........but hell, after seeing the way they have been playing, even I'm worried. Early or not, we can't keep letting this crap happen. Although, I am glad to see that nobody has made any "Fire Pop" threads considering coaches are always the first to go.

isnt pop on 8m a season? lol i think his coachin contract ends when td puts up his sneakers.....guaranteed contracts lol

easy7
And to think that there was a time that I could not wait for the season to start.... :rolleyes

Chieflion
Pop is one of the best coaches around. We fire him, we look more like shit. Best thing to do now for the FO is that if they think we are not contenders anymore, anyway, we look like the freaking 2006 Houston Rockets. Star players getting injured and a whole new level of suckitude. We should trade the core players for a future or a quick rebuild and get expirings and picks.

ffadicted
I love all the trade parker threads, and then when he's gone and it's clear we need him back, everyone wants him.

Ditto for Manu

jag
11-19-2009, 11:08 PM
It's early.

2/3 of the big three are absent.

You don't win titles in November.

If this team can't find health and chemistry by January...then i'll have some issues.

johnnyblues
11-19-2009, 11:09 PM
Time to bring in Avery...

timtonymanu
11-19-2009, 11:09 PM
I'm gonna vent.

Is it possible to let RJ opt out of his contract and let the Spurs sign him for about 8 million. Seriously he's paid way too much for someone that shows up only once in a while.

It's still early, but every other team is winning games like nothing while the Spurs have to fight every game just to win - or lose.

Chieflion
11-19-2009, 11:11 PM
It's early.

If this team can't find health and chemistry by January...then i'll have some issues.
Excuses. Are you saying it is already January for the Nuggets, Lakers, Celtics, Mavs, Magic, Hawks, Cavs? Doesn't seem like it. I don't see the reason why the Mavs are playing so well while the Spurs play like a bunch of losers. These guys play like shit and none of them are playing like all-stars. If they are, we should be having a winning record.

I change my mind. I am willing to have Brandon Jennings on the Spurs even if it means losing Parker and taking back Dan Gadzuric.

edgar
We will not win this year nor anytime soon..I think its time to start dumping some of these all stars..time to rebuild 4 the future

TDomination
This was the first game I have felt this frustrated!!

And i think we are all so pissed because we know this team has the potential to be great. But right now they are lousy. Its a long season but it just SUCKS having to watch our team let the opposition get away with offensive rebounds, 3pt plays time after time.

balli
11-19-2009, 11:12 PM
lol

Kori Ellis
People shouldn't expect the Spurs to win many games with Manu/Tony out. I don't know how you can get upset about these last two losses. I can understand getting frustrated with the injuries.

The guys played hard and hung in there, but they are missing ball handlers and penetrators... so don't expect miracles every night. Just pray/hope that Manu/Tony heal quickly and stay healthy.

Findog
Mavs started off 2-7 last year. Calm down, girlies.

DPG21920
11-19-2009, 11:13 PM
How do you feel about the team's defense with those guys out Kori?

benefactor
11-19-2009, 11:14 PM
lol
Agreed.

Chieflion
11-19-2009, 11:15 PM
Mavs started off 2-7 last year. Calm down, girlies.
LOL, I couldn't care less if we were 6-4 or 4-6. I am getting tired of these injuries and just hope the Spurs have a fresh start. I don't care about the Mavs owning the Spurs for the next four years if meant the Spurs are going to be a good team for the next decade and a half after those 4.

DesignatedT
11-19-2009, 11:15 PM
this shits fucked. everythings fucked. fuck

FUCK

The Franchise
11-19-2009, 11:16 PM
I bet on those sorry motherfuckers and they cost me all my vBookie money. :ihit

Findog
11-19-2009, 11:17 PM
That's something to look forward to, a Mavs season.:sleep

Well, they finished 48-25. Didn't the Lakers start out 11-17 during their last title of the Shaq/Kobe era? Seriously, what do you expect when you're missing Manu/Parker?

DPG21920

lol, I stayed away from this one. Can't bring myself to bet against the Spurs, but I could not bet on them.

Chieflion
I am lucky I did not bet on these 3 point chuckers. Man, I wish we had some of the Rocket players. Your team has a bright future.

TIMMYD!
And the high point of our season: http://i33.tinypic.com/sbowmp.gif

benefactor
11-19-2009, 11:18 PM
lol spurs

fans.

Taking it to the Hole
I guess we know who the bandwagoners are according to this thread. Last time I checked, if your loyal to your team,you stick with them even when they are not playing their best and are hurting. Ahh, must be nice to be a fickle Spurs fan.:rolleyes

benefactor
:lmao

ulosturedge
11-19-2009, 11:20 PM
Tony and Manu being out is just making matters worse. Delaying any chance of developing some type of chemistry and cohesiveness. Spurs are having a hard time getting an identity with all the musical chair events going on with the lineup. Seems like its going to be sometime before we find out what this teams potential is. Whats most disappointing is this team seemed to have the most potential on paper and yet is having the most issues and least amount of success of any of the contending teams we have had this era.

The Franchise
11-19-2009, 11:20 PM
lol, I stayed away from this one. Can't bring myself to bet against the Spurs, but I could not bet on them.

It seemed like the only person who showed up was Timmy. With Manu and Tony out I expected more of an impact from Jefferson.

gameFACE
11-19-2009, 11:21 PM
And the high point of our season: http://i33.tinypic.com/sbowmp.gif

I knew it!!! It's the fucking Holloween Bat Curse.

bigdave50
11-19-2009, 11:23 PM
Manu and tony playing for their countries have fucked the spurs
RC needs to do something fast. Trades or something

we are slowing sinking

TDMVPDPOY
11-19-2009, 11:24 PM
timinator see yah
http://img17.imageshack.us/img17/8189/brbtdsterminator.jpg

mexicanjunior
11-19-2009, 11:25 PM
Slowly? It is here...just check the standings...

DesignatedT
fuck

TDomination
if there is a god, than tony will play on Saturday, because if he doesn't then the spurs will struggle even against the wizards.

oberto is set to go off

slayermin
We need a point guard. Someone like Kirk Hinrich. We have too many shooting guards.

Chomag
11-19-2009, 11:26 PM
It's early.

Do you realy want our players to burn themselves out right before the playoffs fighting tooth and nail to get a playoff spot because they had to climb out of a huge whole they created at the beginning of the season?

These excuses are for bad teams not contenders.

jag
11-19-2009, 11:28 PM
Excuses. Are you saying it is already January for the Nuggets, Lakers, Celtics, Mavs, Magic, Hawks, Cavs? Doesn't seem like it. I don't see the reason why the Mavs are playing so well while the Spurs play like a bunch of losers.

No, but there are certain dynamics with the Spurs that you can't apply in a general way to every other team you mentioned. The Spurs are dealing with early injuries, the Spurs are having difficulty incorporating RJ...etc. Call them excuses if you like, but these variables still exist.

These guys play like shit and none of them are playing like all-stars. If they are, we should be having a winning record.

I change my mind. I am willing to have Brandon Jennings on the Spurs even if it means losing Parker and taking back Dan Gadzuric.

Again, the Spurs aren't playing well, but it's still early. It would have been nice to see this team mesh from the get-go...but that's just not how it's worked out. They haven't even had much time to play as a complete unit...someone has always been out.

If they are ever going to build chemistry, then it appears it's going to take a little time. If they can't develop any chemistry then you should expect to see these same problems after the all-star break. That's just the way it is.

Considering it's still early, i'll reserve my meltdown for a later time, if ever.

TDomination
11-19-2009, 11:29 PM
i think the stonecutter is asleep right now

NZ Spurs
11-19-2009, 11:31 PM
But, but it's only November! Fuck that!!! Lets stop making lottery team excuses please and play like we are contenders!!!

OK Coach.

jag
11-19-2009, 11:32 PM
Do you realy want our players to burn themselves out right before the playoffs fighting tooth and nail to get a playoff spot because they had to climb out of a huge whole they created at the beginning of the season?

These excuses are for bad teams not contenders.

Do i want them to? no

But if the Spurs are required to play great basketball for the month leading into the playoffs, then it might not be such a bad thing.

The Spurs are playing poorly right now...i get it. I don't want to see them play poorly, but that's just reality. But it's still early...and that's reality, as well.

redzero
11-19-2009, 11:35 PM
Man, fuck Boozer. He didn't do shit the whole game, constantly clanging shots, and then all of a sudden he makes the two biggest plays in the game. FUCK Carlos Boozer.

http://www.nba.com/media/allstar2007/c_boozer.jpg

Trolled.

UnWantedTheory
11-19-2009, 11:37 PM
Excuses. Are you saying it is already January for the Nuggets, Lakers, Celtics, Mavs, Magic, Hawks, Cavs? Doesn't seem like it. I don't see the reason why the Mavs are playing so well while the Spurs play like a bunch of losers. These guys play like shit and none of them are playing like all-stars. If they are, we should be having a winning record.

Wow...Celt's have lost 3 out of 5....the Lakers just tanked against the Nugg's and Rockets....Cav's just tanked against the the Wiz(who also beat the Mavs their first game)...Jameer Nelson is lost for the Magic for awhile and they have not looked dominate IMO...The Mavs, Hawks, and Nugg's have played well so far, but two out of those three wont even be mentioned as serious title contenders....again, WOW...Its still early...10 fucking games....I hope you have a bungee cord attached to the top of that cliff.

mexicanjunior
11-19-2009, 11:37 PM
We are missing our All Star backcourt, two of the top guards in the NBA and people are acting like it is the end of the world. My God. Try suffering what the Nets are going through.

If we had the same expectations as the Nets going into this season, this start would be alot easier to swallow.

FkLA
11-19-2009, 11:38 PM
lol

4 rings faggot

Nah but seriously this loss absolutely sucks, definitely concerned and frustrated...but moreso about the injuries cause the losses are kind of expected with key pieces being out.

Chieflion
11-19-2009, 11:39 PM
No, but there are certain dynamics with the Spurs that you can't apply in a general way to every other team you mentioned. The Spurs are dealing with early injuries, the Spurs are having difficulty incorporating RJ...etc. Call them excuses if you like, but these variables still exist.

Again, the Spurs aren't playing well, but it's still early. It would have been nice to see this team mesh from the get-go...but that's just not how it's worked out. They haven't even had much time to play as a complete unit...someone has always been out.

If they are ever going to build chemistry, then it appears it's going to take a little time. If they can't develop any chemistry then you should expect to see these same problems after the all-star break. That's just the way it is.

Considering it's still early, i'll reserve my meltdown for a later time, if ever.
Cavs are dealing with new guys like Jamario Moon, J.J Hickson gets some burn. They also have Shaq, a big addition, and he was out with some injuries. Delonte West was out for some time too. I don't see the Cavs sucking. Moving on.

Orlando Magic, a team that has added Vince Carter. Loses him to an injury a few games. Lewis had a 10 game suspension. They introduced Ryan Andersen, Matt Barnes, Brandon Bass. Now, Nelson is down again. Don't see them sucking either.

Guess I don't have to mention the Mavs.

mexicanjunior
11-19-2009, 11:40 PM
Wow...Celt's have lost 3 out of 5....the Lakers just tanked against the Nugg's and Rockets....Cav's just tanked against the the Wiz(who also beat the Mavs their first game)...Jameer Nelson is lost for the Magic for awhile and they have not looked dominate IMO...The Mavs, Hawks, and Nugg's have played well so far, but two out of those three wont even be mentioned as serious title contenders....again, WOW...Its still early...10 fucking games....I hope you have a bungee cord attached to the top of that cliff.

All those teams have managed to overcome their struggles and at least keep a winning record...

Findog
if we had the same expectations as the nets going into this season, this start would be alot easier to swallow.

haha you said swallow!!!! Hahaha

UnWantedTheory
I am lucky I did not bet on these 3 point chuckers. Man, I wish we had some of the Rocket players. Your team has a bright future.

As in the light you see when dying? If not IDK...

:)

jag
If we had the same expectations as the Nets going into this season, this start would be alot easier to swallow.

It's not fun watching them play poorly, but keeping a level head and using some logic would do a lot of people good.

Too many people here get extremely high after insignificant wins....those same people drop way down after insignificant losses.

Chomag
11-19-2009, 11:41 PM
Do i want them to? no

But if the Spurs are required to play great basketball for the month leading into the playoffs, then it might not be such a bad thing.

The Spurs are playing poorly right now...i get it. I don't want to see them play poorly, but that's just reality. But it's still early...and that's reality, as well.

I do agree that if the spurs play poorly this is the time that we all would want them to. However if we continue to play this poorly we might start going backwards.

Years ago when there were so few good legit teams it might have been no big deal. However this is 2009 and there is more then twice the elite teams that there were then. A year where 1 win can get either get you the 2nd seed or the 8th.

Chieflion
11-19-2009, 11:41 PM
Other than that, the looked impressive. And read my other post. They have guys out too. Washington also had Jamison out until he returned against the Cavs.

mytespurs
11-19-2009, 11:44 PM

Spurs are playing too poorly for any Spurs fan to engage in smack at this time.

Stringer_Bell
11-19-2009, 11:45 PM
I'm still optimistic, we are fighting to stay in the game and not letting the lead in the final 2 minutes get too out of hand. The games are winnable now, the Spurs just need to trust each other. It doesn't help when we can't get any consistency between line-ups, someone is always injured or Bonner/Finley/Mason are on the court at the same time.

I'm not afraid until we start getting blown out by team scoring 100+ and can't even find the heart to fight back. It sucks, but the games are winnable. Another 2 weeks, if the losses continue to pile then I'll hit the meltdown button. Not now. :)

mexicanjunior
11-19-2009, 11:46 PM
Too many people here get extremely high after insignificant wins....those same people drop way down after insignificant losses.

How many games under .500 will it take before the losses become significant?

FkLA
11-19-2009, 11:50 PM
Why not give up on the season right? Lets just make some trades and start rebuilding 10 games in. Yeah that makes alot more sense than assuming/hoping that key injuries and the annual slow starts have alot to do with this slow start and that we'll turn it around. I mean its not like key injuries actually affect a team's performance and its not like the Spurs ever start off slow. Lets just give up.

Chieflion
11-19-2009, 11:52 PM
Why not give up on the season right? Lets just make some trades and start rebuilding 10 games in. Yeah that makes alot more sense than assuming/hoping that key injuries and the annual slow starts have alot to do with this slow start and that we'll turn it around.
Annual slow starts? In the past decade, at least throughout the 1st 10 games, we had a record of.500 or higher and were .800 in 2005/07.

jag
11-19-2009, 11:54 PM
I do agree that if the spurs play poorly this is the time that we all would want them to. However if we continue to play this poorly we might start going backwards.

Years ago when there were so few good legit teams it might have been no big deal. However this is 2009 and there is more then twice the elite teams that there were then. A year where 1 win can get either get you the 2nd seed or the 8th.

I agree, but you still can't expect great play while missing TP and Ginobili. And even when they get back, it might take a little while to develop some chemistry. It's all about expectations. Don't be unrealistic.

How many games under .500 will it take before the losses become significant?

How many losses due to poor health and poor chemistry will it take before the losses become significant?

Good question. If they can't get healthy or develop chemistry then it really won't matter what games they lose...cause they wont do shit in the playoffs anyway without health or chemistry.

mexicanjunior
11-19-2009, 11:55 PM
Annual slow starts? In the past decade, at least throughout the 1st 10 games, we had a record of.500 or higher and were .800 in 2005/07.

Thanks for not making me copy-paste the Spurs record in the first 10 games of every season of the big three...In the last 5 seasons, the Spurs have started this bad only once, which was last year...and we all know how that turned out.

birdy219
11-19-2009, 11:56 PM
May I meltdown with smilies?

:bang:madrun:pctoss:cry:dizzy:vomit::cuss:soapbox: :sick:huh:deadhorse

finally, I'll just :drunk:jekka

slayermin
11-19-2009, 11:59 PM
The 4-6 record doesn't concern me. But losing three in a row does worry me. Spurs rarely lose three games in a row with TD on the floor.

mexicanjunior
11-20-2009, 12:00 AM
If they can't get healthy or develop chemistry then it really won't matter what games they lose...cause they wont do shit in the playoffs anyway without health or chemistry.

If they can't get healthy or form chemistry...there will be no playoffs. The more of these "insignificant" losses they give up, the closer to that reality they become. Moves need to be made if this season is to be righted, the current roster is too injury prone and inconsistent to be counted on to flip the switch when it matters.

Zero_Twilight
11-20-2009, 12:01 AM
There's no need to panic until the team starts showing signs of not wanting to play or quitting.

The team is fighting hard out there and earning battle scars, not throwing games away. So have a little faith.

RJ can create shots for himself but he will be more productive with someone setting him up, same for Mason. Timmy actually gave it a go today when he saw RJ cutting. The pass didn't connect but he gave it a shot and it's an indication that the offense is being worked on. It's just a matter of knowing his spot/tempo.

These losses are like ammo being loaded into a clip, waiting to be unloaded on the poor sob's we face in the coming months. The Spurs will regulate.

jag
11-20-2009, 12:02 AM
Cavs are dealing with new guys like Jamario Moon, J.J Hickson gets some burn. They also have Shaq, a big addition, and he was out with some injuries. Delonte West was out for some time too. I don't see the Cavs sucking. Moving on.

Orlando Magic, a team that has added Vince Carter. Loses him to an injury a few games. Lewis had a 10 game suspension. They introduced Ryan Andersen, Matt Barnes, Brandon Bass. Now, Nelson is down again. Don't see them sucking either.

Guess I don't have to mention the Mavs.

haha

AGAIN, it's ridiculous to try to compare the respective situations of each team. No matter how much you try to find common ground...it just isn't rational.

JustinJDW
11-20-2009, 12:03 AM
Awesome idea to make a Meltdown Thread.

Seriously though, I keep myself from getting too angry about Spurs losses. I am pissed for like five minutes, and then it's all good. We need Tony though. Many bandwagon fans in here. One minute, they want everyone traded, the next minute they love everyone.

I am happy about Duncan's and Jefferson's performance. They both shot 50% from the field. Duncan put up 21 points and Jefferson put up 16. That is nice. I am happy to see that Duncan can still be consistent and put up great numbers when his Team needs him, but we are missing our All-Star Backcourt, and we can't make that up. We can't "pick up the slack" on that. We just have to try our best with what we have, and I think we did that tonight, even though it didn't get us the W.

The officiating was pretty crappy too, but I am not going to hate on that.

Still though, we settle too much and take way too many 3-Pointers. Shooting 60% from the Free Throw Line is also pretty pathetic. Finley played too much too and sucked, but Parker and Ginobili were both out, so he had to play. I just wish he wasn't too inconsistent.

I certainly can't wait until Parker and Ginobili are back though, especially Parker. I miss having good penetration and consistent scoring. I take Parker for granted. I really hope he plays Saturday against the Wizards, or we are going to struggle again and possibly loose...again.

Anyway, I can't wait until Saturday when we play again. Regardless of we win or loose, I love seeing my Spurs play. I am a true Spurs Fan.

:flag:

mexicanjunior
11-20-2009, 12:04 AM
These losses are like ammo being loaded into a clip, waiting to be unloaded on the poor sob's we face in the coming months. The Spurs will regulate.

The more losses, the more shots they will be unloading on an already moved target...assuming they ever get their act together.

FkLA
11-20-2009, 12:04 AM

Spurs usually just hover a few games over .500 the first month or so...far from dominant or from the team that goes into the playoffs. And those are normally injury-free starts for the Spurs, this year there have been some key injuries already which affects our record even more. Considering those two factors the record is not meltdown worthy. I can understand being frustrated and concerned at the injuries, but at the record? You actually expect the Spurs to be elite without Manu and Parker? Or without Parker and Duncan? This team is equipped to be a legit contender when healthy and going into the playoffs when things have hopefully come together, none of which are the case right now.

By the way last two games couldve gone either way, couple plays here and there and we're 6-4 and all you drama queens wouldnt be talking about rebuilding 10 games in. Instead it wouldve been 'we're unstoppable because we beat two good teams without Manu and Tony, just imagine how unstoppable we'll be when theyre back!!!' Funny what a huge difference a few plays make.

Zero_Twilight
11-20-2009, 12:07 AM
The more losses, the more shots they will be unloading on an already moved target...assuming they ever get their act together.

Sorry, I fail to understand your logic.

mytespurs
11-20-2009, 12:08 AM
It's not fun watching them play poorly, but keeping a level head and using some logic would do a lot of people good.

Agreed. And there are those who thought that the addition of richard jefferson and a at the time healthy manu/duncan automatically = 5th championship.

I'm frustrated but I'm not ready to throw in the towel.

jag
11-20-2009, 12:09 AM
If they can't get healthy or form chemistry...there will be no playoffs. The more of these "insignificant" losses they give up, the closer to that reality they become.

Exactly....so why worry about losses such as these???

If they never get healthy then don't expect anything.

They aren't healthy right now...so why are you expecting so much?

Do you see the logic involved here?

Moves need to be made if this season is to be righted, the current roster is too injury prone and inconsistent to be counted on to flip the switch when it matters.

I'd like to see a trade made for a quality shotblocking big man (as Mahinmi has not worked out).

Aside from that, there are no moves that can be made to offset the health of Tony Parker, Manu, and Duncan. 3 out of the Spurs "Big Three" have a history of injury problems. At this point all you can do is hope that they manage to get healthy...and stay healthy.

ulosturedge
11-20-2009, 12:09 AM
The mentality just isn't there right now. Where's the swagger?! They are playing scared and confused. Some guy on the radio this morning was talking about how he has been disappointed in the Fans in the lower level of the arena not getting into the game. I kind of saw that tonight. When the game got close at the end the crowd did nothing to pump up the team. It was like the crowd was scared too. I just don't see any belief from the players nor the fans. Its like we are all under a hex lol. Like everyone is expecting the worst. Something needs to light a fire under their asses. They look lifeless out there.

ShoogarBear
11-20-2009, 12:11 AM

http://img156.imageshack.us/img156/8894/kaneklapqo6.gif

slayermin
11-20-2009, 12:12 AM
The offense is stagnant and predictable. Our team is loaded with offensive talent. But there is no floor leader. There is no flow. Without Manu, this team is going no where again. It's gonna be a long week.

Morg1411
11-20-2009, 12:12 AM
It's early.

+1 This.

Chill, people. It's frustrating, yes, but come on. Just. Chill.

rayray2k8
11-20-2009, 12:13 AM
Officially checking myself into the mental ward... I mean meltdown... thread.

FUUUUUUUUUUCKKKK!!!

Chieflion
11-20-2009, 12:13 AM
Spurs usually just hover a few games over .500 the first month or so...far from dominant or from the team that goes into the playoffs. And those are normally injury-free starts for the Spurs, this year there have been some key injuries already which affects our record even more. Considering those two factors the record is not meltdown worthy. I can understand being frustrated and concerned at the injuries, but at the record? You actually expect the Spurs to be elite without Manu and Parker? Or without Parker and Duncan? This team is equipped to be a legit contender when healthy and going into the playoffs when things have hopefully come together, none of which are the case right now.

By the way last two games couldve gone either way, couple plays here and there and we're 6-4 and all you drama queens wouldnt be talking about rebuilding 10 games in. Instead it wouldve been 'we're unstoppable because we beat two good teams without Manu and Tony, just imagine how unstoppable we'll be when theyre back!!!' Funny what a huge difference a few plays make.
Did you read my posts? I could care less if we were 6-4 or 4-6. I don't care about those fluke wins. The Spurs were climbing uphill the entire game and never looked like they were going to win. There has been no progress on chemistry and those chronic injuries, which team has won a championship with a core that has chronic injuries throughout the entire season.

mexicanjunior
11-20-2009, 12:15 AM
Exactly....so why worry about losses such as these???

If they never get healthy then don't expect anything.

They aren't healthy right now...so why are you expecting so much?

Do you see the logic involved here?

I expect more because I feel Pop isn't utilizing what he has to best help this team win without Parker and Manu. Where is Hairston's opportunities? Why not give Ratliff more chances to help with the rebounding? The more Finley and Mason are used, the further back we become. We were struggling when Parker and Manu were still playing as well, so saying health is the cure all for this team is misguided in my opinion.

jag
11-20-2009, 12:16 AM
Did you read my posts? I could care less if we were 6-4 or 4-6. I don't care about those fluke wins. The Spurs were climbing uphill the entire game and never looked like they were going to win. There has been no progress on chemistry and those chronic injuries, which team has won a championship with a core that has chronic injuries throughout the entire season.

Coming from someone who acted as if the Spurs had just won the LOB after they beat the Mavs last week.

If you are constantly on an emotional roller coaster after wins and losses, no one will ever take you serious because you will never truly be objective.

Half the people in this place can't be taken serious. Try not to be one of them.

Chieflion
11-20-2009, 12:16 AM
haha

AGAIN, it's ridiculous to try to compare the respective situations of each team. No matter how much you try to find common ground...it just isn't rational.
I know. The Spurs are so different even when there are so many similarities. LOL Jefferson having a bigger role than Vince Carter in the Orlando Magic, LOL Shaq "only" 3rd option on the Cavs. LOL Shawn Marion on the Mavericks.

mexicanjunior
11-20-2009, 12:17 AM
Sorry, I fail to understand your logic.

Then I guess your gun metaphor wasn't what I thought it was...

jag
11-20-2009, 12:17 AM
I know. The Spurs are so different even when there are so many similarities. LOL Jefferson having a bigger role than Vince Carter in the Orlando Magic, LOL Shaq "only" 3rd option on the Cavs. LOL Shawn Marion on the Mavericks.

Coming from someone who acted as if the Spurs had just won the LOB after they beat the Mavs last week.

If you are constantly on an emotional roller coaster after wins and losses, no one will ever take you serious because you will never truly be objective.

Half the people in this place can't be taken serious. Try not to be one of them.

RuffnReadyOzStyle
11-20-2009, 12:18 AM
This is the low point (hopefully... *gulp*).

It really feels today as if the window has slammed shut, but that's not fair to the team. I'll start to worry if we're 10-20 after 30 games.

Chieflion
11-20-2009, 12:18 AM

Was I acting like we won the fucking LOB after we beat the Mavs without Tony and Duncan? I wasn't. Just stating what it is. Lets just say I finally got tired of the injuries the Spurs have suffered for the past few years.

FkLA
11-20-2009, 12:20 AM

First off those two things go hand in hand, there will be no progress on chemistry if there are significant injuries. Secondly I understand your frustration about the injuries Im frustrated as well but talk about exaggeration...Parker has a sprained ankle and Manu a hamstring strain. How exactly are those chronic? Theyre minor and common injuries especially considering the style of play of both of these players.

jag
11-20-2009, 12:21 AM
I expect more because I feel Pop isn't utilizing what he has to best help this team win without Parker and Manu. Where is Hairston's opportunities? Why not give Ratliff more chances to help with the rebounding? The more Finley and Mason are used, the further back we become.

What the hell does it matter if Ratliff gets 0mpg or 30mpg?? If Manu and Parker aren't healthy then it won't matter if Ratliff swats 5 shots and Hairston drops 8 points every game.

We were struggling when Parker and Manu were still playing as well, so saying health is the cure all for this team is misguided in my opinion.

I distinctly recall mention both health and chemistry as necessities if the Spurs plan on playing in June. They can't develop chemistry if they haven't had time to play together.

mexicanjunior
11-20-2009, 12:24 AM
Spurs usually just hover a few games over .500 the first month or so...far from dominant or from the team that goes into the playoffs.

08-09: 5-5

07-08: 8-2

06-07 : 8-2 - won championship

05-06: 8-2

04-05 : 8-2 - won championship

03-04 : 5-5

We hovered around .500 twice in the last 6 years. The teams that won titles started strong and ended strong...

Chieflion
11-20-2009, 12:25 AM
First off those two things go hand in hand, there will be no progress on chemistry if there are significant injuries. Secondly I understand your frustration about the injuries Im frustrated as well but talk about exaggeration...Parker has a sprained ankle and Manu a hamstring strain. How exactly are those chronic? Theyre minor and common injuries especially considering the style of play of both of these players.
Didn't Parker just reaggravate his injury in the Thunder game. Manu also suffered a mild left groin injury. Manu has been injured for three straight years. Parker may have just joined his ride. The entire team looks like they don't want to play and looks like shit.

jag
11-20-2009, 12:27 AM
Lets just say I finally got tired of the injuries the Spurs have suffered for the past few years.

That's fine that you're tired of it, but i assure you that being irrational and bringing bad takes doesn't bode well for your credibility.

mexicanjunior
11-20-2009, 12:27 AM
What the hell does it matter if Ratliff gets 0mpg or 30mpg?? If Manu and Parker aren't healthy then it won't matter if Ratliff swats 5 shots and Hairston drops 8 points every game.

It matters if Ratliff's defense and Hairtson's scoring helps the Spurs at least stay above .500 while they wait for the core to attempt to get healthy. Getting Manu and Tony back and healthy won't matter if we are 15 games under .500 and out of the playoff race.

Zero_Twilight
11-20-2009, 12:29 AM
It matters if Ratliff's defense and Hairtson's scoring helps the Spurs at least stay above .500 while they wait for the core to attempt to get healthy. Getting Manu and Tony back and healthy won't matter if we are 15 games under .500 and out of the playoff race.

Man, don't even mention .500 untill at least 40 games into the season....

SequSpur
The MIDDLE! WTF? How can you not have bigs to play alongside Duncan?

Why are the Spurs signing Wings and Tweeners like RJ and McDice?

Why is Finley still on this team and getting minutes? Why is Bonner playing?

Why is Bogans on this team?

This team can't play against LA, Boston, Orlando, Utah!, Denver, Dallas!, Phoenix, Atlanta, etc. etc...

Come on man... I fucking bought tickets for this shit...

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y55/silverbeam/CSM%20Blog/LucyFootball.jpg

I was fuckin fooled.

marini martini
This is the low point (hopefully... *gulp*).

It really feels today as if the window has slammed shut, but that's not fair to the team. I'll start to worry if we're 10-20 after 30 games.

Agreed!!!:toast

mexicanjunior
11-20-2009, 12:30 AM
That's fine that you're tired of it, but i assure you that being irrational and bringing bad takes doesn't bode well for your credibility.

Is he trying to win some credibility award? This forum is for expressing your views about the Spurs...both positive and negative. Just because you don't agree with his perspective about a team that is obviously not playing well doesn't mean he should be condemned to "poor credibility" for his opinions. The elitist attitude on this forum is silly...

jag
11-20-2009, 12:31 AM

If you are honestly hinging a Spurs playoff berth (with an unhealthy Manu and Parker) on Theo Ratliff's corpse...then I've got some bad news for you.

mexicanjunior
11-20-2009, 12:32 AM
Man, don't even mention .500 untill at least 40 games into the season....

Quite the leash you got there...

We aren't 40 games in, we are 10 and we are only commenting on what we are seeing now...

jag
11-20-2009, 12:32 AM
Is he trying to win some credibility award? This forum is for expressing your views about the Spurs...both positive and negative. Just because you don't agree with his perspective about a team that is obviously not playing well doesn't mean he should be condemned to "poor credibility" for his opinions. The elitist attitude on this forum is silly...

As much as he posts, i can only assume he would like people to take him seriously.

However, considering the quality of his posts, i may be incorrect.

Chieflion
11-20-2009, 12:34 AM
Look who is the homer. If you want to make excuses for piss poor play, poor execution, and brain farts by Pop, please go ahead. Who cares about credibility? This is the internet and spurstalk.com

marini martini
11-20-2009, 12:35 AM
Spurs always start out shit!!! They got to get their shit together!!! Start getting nervous after January, sons!!!:toast

alchemist

We aren't 40 games in, we are 10 and we are only commenting on what we are seeing now...
well honestly if you're going by what the Spurs are now you might as well go on about your buisness and not follow the Spurs because they won't be squat without Parker and Ginobili :wakeup

mexicanjunior
If you are honestly hinging a Spurs playoff berth (with an unhealthy Manu and Parker) on Theo Ratliff's corpse...then I've got some bad news for you.

I'm hinging being at least in contention for a playoff birth on players that can help with the team's current problems...at least until the cavalry can attempt to pull them out of the ditch.

Zero_Twilight
11-20-2009, 12:36 AM

Damn, my brain hurts from trying to understand you dude.

SequSpur
11-20-2009, 12:36 AM
Spurs always start out shit!!! They got to get their shit together!!! Start getting nervous after January, sons!!!:toast

watch a game and put down the bottle.

FkLA
11-20-2009, 12:38 AM

We hovered around .500 twice in the last 6 years. The teams that won titles started strong and ended strong...

Those teams were still a far cry from the teams they were heading into the playoffs. Perhaps they are decent starts but there were definitely up and down during the first month of practically each and every one of those years. I really cant recall any of those year where we had the injuries weve had thus far as well.

I mean honestly, do u expect the Spurs to be title contenders without Manu and Tony? Or without Tim and Tony? If you do youre retarded. And if you dont than why are u expecting so much of them? Why are you expecting them to be like 05' and 07' teams?

Didn't Parker just reaggravate his injury in the Thunder game. Manu also suffered a mild left groin injury. Manu has been injured for three straight years. Parker may have just joined his ride. The entire team looks like they don't want to play and looks like shit.

Its a fucking sprained ankle. This is a precautionary move, Parker himself has said if it were the playoffs he would be playing. Manu's hamstring is also minor, and has nothing to do with the ankle that has bothered him the past two (not three) years.

Sit the fuck down and quit being a drama queen.

SequSpur
11-20-2009, 12:38 AM
only had 9 players and still beat your Greg Popovich owned Spurs.

:tu

Go Spurs Go!

Wait til January!!!!

:toast

mexicanjunior
11-20-2009, 12:39 AM
well honestly if you're going by what the Spurs are now you might as well go on about your buisness and not follow the Spurs because they won't be squat without Parker and Ginobili :wakeup

Just because I don't like how the team has performed doesn't mean I won't follow them. Other teams have injury problems and found ways to overcome them, I was hoping we were deep enough to follow that trend but so far we have disappointed.

marini martini
11-20-2009, 12:39 AM
watch a game and put down the bottle.

I been watchin' with a bottle before you were the spark in your Daddy's eye, MF!!!:toast

4 rings, short stuff!!!:tu

:lobt2::lobt2::lobt2::lobt2:

jag
11-20-2009, 12:40 AM
If you want to make excuses for the Spurs inability to stay healthy and develop chemistry then so be it!! I expect Keith Bogans, Theo Ratliff and Matt Bonner to lead this unhealthy Spurs team to wins, night in and night out.

Who cares about credibility?

You win.

SequSpur
11-20-2009, 12:41 AM
I been watchin' with a bottle before you were the spark in your Daddy's eye, MF!!!:toast

4 rings, short stuff!!!:tu

good...live in the past...that will get you somewhere...

Watch a game marini....watch a game...

RuffnReadyOzStyle
11-20-2009, 12:42 AM

You forgot 02-03: 6-4

And you are using too small a sample size of games to start the season. Let's try 20 games.

03: 12-8
04: 10-10
05: 16-4 (we won 59 games and steamrolled all season)
06: 16-4 (won 63 games, strong whole time)
07: 15-5 (won 58 games, blah blah blah)
08: 17-3
09: 12-8

Yeah, okay, we should be worried. It looks like age and the youth/athleticism movement in the NBA has caught up with us.

No reason to give up though. We have a bunch of great players and they will find a groove at some stage - they are too good not to.

mexicanjunior
I mean honestly, do u expect the Spurs to be title contenders without Manu and Tony? Or without Tim and Tony? If you do youre retarded. And if you dont than why are u expecting so much of them? Why are you expecting them to be like 05' and 07' teams?

Title contenders without Manu and Parker...no.

A team above .500 after 6 games at home and a weak schedule...definitely.

Chieflion
Those teams were still a far cry from the teams they were heading into the playoffs. Perhaps they are decent starts but there were definitely up and down during the first month of practically each and every one of those teams. I really cant recall any of those year where we had the injuries weve had thus far as well.

Its a fucking sprained ankle. This is a precautionary move, Parker himself has said if it were the playoffs he would be playing. Manu's hamstring is also minor, and has nothing to do with the ankle that has bothered him the past two (not three) years.

Sit the fuck down and quit being a drama queen.
Please, even if the Spurs were in their 05 /07 form, they would lose to the Lakers in 6. No one expects the Spurs to be title contenders without Manu and Tony. You think we would at least win a home game against a team that is less than .500 . I see this team's veterans give no effort on defense.

redzero
11-20-2009, 12:43 AM
But teh refs!

slayermin
The '02-'03 Spurs never lost three in a row. Pretty amazing.

Zero_Twilight
Just because I don't like how the team has performed doesn't mean I won't follow them. Other teams have injury problems and found ways to overcome them, I was hoping we were deep enough to follow that trend but so far we have disappointed.

Which teams are you talking about? Name a couple.

marini martini
:toast:toast:toast
good...live in the past...that will get you somewhere...

Watch a game marini....watch a game...

STFU, dippy!!!

I watch and i believe!!!:toast

How's your bowling team doin'???:rolleyes

4RINGS
11-20-2009, 12:44 AM
We were struggling when Tony and Manu were healthy... that is what concerns me the most. I guess I expected too much from the new additions too soon. Our rebounding and D need drastic improvement before we can contend with the Elite teams this year.

mexicanjunior
11-20-2009, 12:44 AM
Damn, my brain hurts from trying to understand you dude.

You lost me after changing the meaning of your gun/clip metaphor...so the feeling is mutual.

mexicanjunior
11-20-2009, 12:46 AM
Which teams are you talking about? Name a couple.

Mavs (Howard, Marion, Dampier)? Magic (Lewis, Nelson, Carter)? Cavs (Shaq)? Lakers (Gasol)? Rockets (Yao, Mcgrady)?

Chomag
11-20-2009, 12:46 AM
We were struggling when Tony and Manu were healthy... that is what concerns me the most. I guess I expected too much from the new additions too soon. Our rebounding and D need drastic improvement before we can contend with the Elite teams this year.

This x1

So many excuses lately, we are starting to sound like Sun's fans.

SequSpur
11-20-2009, 12:50 AM
:toast:toast:toast

STFU, dippy!!!

I watch and i believe!!!:toast

How's your bowling team doin'???:rolleyes

dippy?

jag
11-20-2009, 12:51 AM
This x1

So many excuses lately, we are starting to sound like Sun's fans.

The refs are screwing us! (subjective)

The NBA is rigged (subjective)

Stern hates the Spurs! (subjective)

Tony Parker and Manu Ginobili are injured. (objective)

alchemist
11-20-2009, 12:52 AM
Unfortunately being deep doesn't mean shit when you don't have someone to run the offense through. Hill still cannot run the offense, and let's not talk about RMJ. Even with Parker and Ginobili on the floor the offense still isn't efficient because these guys need time to play together consistently.

Does it suck that we're losing these early games? Hell yeah it does and I bet everyone wearing a Spurs uniform is feeling that pressure. You can criticize them all you want but that still doesn't change the fact that they're a mess on both sides of the floor (although the D has picked up a bit) and they're hustling. As you've seen, hustling doesn't always equal wins. :wakeup

ElNono
11-20-2009, 12:52 AM
I'm actually not upset about this loss that much. The positive is that the trend for the last few game is that we're keeping teams under 100 points. Around 90 really, if you don't take into account the OT in Dallas. We're competing more. There's the usual beefs with Mason running the point, but we're shorthanded, so we have to just deal with it right now.
The negative, besides the loss obviously, is that I cringe when I see Timmy with such limited mobility. He still can be a factor because he's super crafty. But we just simply don't have that huge advantage we used to have in the paint.

marini martini
11-20-2009, 12:55 AM
dippy?

It's a term of endearment that I use for people I've met or know, (at GTG's), and didn't want to call them obscene names cuz they are so full of shit!!!:toast

FkLA
11-20-2009, 12:56 AM
Title contenders without Manu and Parker...no.

A team above .500 after 6 games at home and a weak schedule...definitely.

So youre saying if we're 6-4, which again could easily have been the case since the last two games were close ones, everything is fine? Come on be real, our record without 2/3rds of our Big 3 being a few games over or under .500 means jack shit. That team isnt the team that we expect to contend for a title anyways, and should not be our basis for determining whether a fully healthy team has what it takes to win it all. If and when this team gets healthy and developes chemistry thats when we can come to a conclusion about our chances. As it stands it is beyond idiotic to conclude that this team doesnt have what it takes because it doesnt stack up to previous title teams' starts.

Easy schedule? I would hardly call it that, we've played some solid teams and I dont see the 3 days in between games as beneficiary at all this early in the season.

Please, even if the Spurs were in their 05 /07 form, they would lose to the Lakers in 6. No one expects the Spurs to be title contenders without Manu and Tony. You think we would at least win a home game against a team that is less than .500 . I see this team's veterans give no effort on defense.

So what do u suggest? That we rebuild ten games into the season? Defense has not been the problem the last few games btw, that has been one of the few bright spots and something that has improved since the first few games. Its not championship defense but its acceptable.

SequSpur
11-20-2009, 12:56 AM
It's a term of endearment that I use for people I've met or know, (at GTG's), and didn't want to call them obscene names cuz they are so full of shit!!!:toast

oh...keep drinkin then... :toast

marini martini
11-20-2009, 12:57 AM
You too, my man!!!...........:toast

VivaPopovich
11-20-2009, 12:58 AM

I can stomach most losses. But not losses at home against the Jazz. The Jazz are the arch rival of arch rivals. F the Jazz. This shouldn't happen.

F.

The.

Jazz.

:madrun :madrun :madrun :pctoss

:smchode:

Hill/Bogans/Jefferson/Duncan/McDyess looked great out there, the problem was they didnt play together long enough

without manu and TP those 5 need to start the game together for 8 minutes, come out of half-time together for 8 minutes, and play together in the closing 8 minutes. at least. pop is shuffling around with too many different lineups

altho the occasional use of theo ratliff was brilliant

arggg we need to hit those free throws! oh well. it was a good effort. better luck tommorow

Spursfan 87
11-20-2009, 12:59 AM
this x1

so many excuses lately, we are starting to sound like sun's fans.

+1

underdawg
since when did Spurs fans start sounding like mavs and lakers fans?

Avitus1
ARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHH HH

I'm sure it'll get better

rayray2k8
11-20-2009, 01:00 AM
CO1xi5zc-ao

0:44 How I feel right now...

marini martini
11-20-2009, 01:04 AM
since when did Spurs fans start sounding like mavs and lakers fans?

ARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHH HH

I'm sure it'll get better

CO1xi5zc-ao

0:44 How I feel right now...

Yep!!!:tu

:toast

sa_kid20
11-20-2009, 01:05 AM
No reason to give up though. We have a bunch of great players and they will find a groove at some stage - they are too good not to.

Exactly. Although I will admit that banking on this team to be healthy is a little worrisome. Without Tony and Manu the offense just looks terrible. There isn't anyone to create out there and RJ hasn't played as well as i hoped he would. It's hard to be critical of this short-handed team because when we have everyone back we will be playing a completely different brand of basketball. Right now its like we're in survival mode and just trying to win any way we can. Sitting at 4-6 right now does suck and we have a lot of things to figure out before we start playing Spurs Basketball again, but I still think eventually we'll get there. It's just gonna take time which nobody wants to hear but its simply the truth.

mexicanjunior
11-20-2009, 01:11 AM
Easy schedule? I would hardly call it that, we've played some solid teams and I dont see the 3 days in between games as beneficiary at all this early in the season.

Combined record of the teams we have played: 42-40

Not exactly a murderer's row...

So you think having additional days off to rest an older roster and help get cohesiveness in practice is a detriment?

TD 21
11-20-2009, 01:16 AM
Parker and Ginobili need to get in the fucking game. Parker, who's repeatedly stated that he's "okay", is sitting out for a mild ankle sprain? The same guy who said, because of the relatively easy schedule early, that the Spurs needed to get off to a good start. Now he's sitting out with a marginal injury. Same with Ginobili. Groin injuries can be tricky, but if Bryant can play with one, why can't Ginobili? Instead, they'd rather Duncan, who has limited mobility some night's, gutting it out for this out matched team every night. Good job guys, keep sitting out, take your time, allow Duncan to wear down early, because teams always win championships as 4-6 seeds.

And I don't want any excuses when they return. They better be playing as many minutes as it takes to win every possible game and playing well in the process. No "they're still getting back into shape/rhythm" or they're "still getting used to playing with the new guys". Enough of this shit. These guys need to get out there and earn their salaries, not rest on their laurels, or continually talk about the "big picture", as if it's a given that this team will be a top 3 seed. They need every win they can get right now.

spurstd4
11-20-2009, 01:17 AM
ya'll some fuckin whiners some of ya'll r sorry ass fans. pussies.

SequSpur
11-20-2009, 01:21 AM
Parker and Ginobili need to get in the fucking game. Parker, who's repeatedly stated that he's "okay", is sitting out for a mild ankle sprain? The same guy who said, because of the relatively easy schedule early, that the Spurs needed to get off to a good start. Now he's sitting out with a marginal injury. Same with Ginobili. Groin injuries can be tricky, but if Bryant can play with one, why can't Ginobili? Instead, they'd rather Duncan, who has limited mobility some night's, gutting it out for this out matched team every night. Good job guys, keep sitting out, take your time, allow Duncan to wear down early, because teams always win championships as 4-6 seeds.

And I don't want any excuses when they return. They better be playing as many minutes as it takes to win every possible game and playing well in the process. No "they're still getting back into shape/rhythm" or they're "still getting used to playing with the new guys". Enough of this shit. These guys need to get out there and earn their salaries, not rest on their laurels, or continually talk about the "big picture", as if it's a given that this team will be a top 3 seed. They need every win they can get right now.

good take...

they also need to entertain their fans...

mexicanjunior
11-20-2009, 01:22 AM

Great post...

FkLA
11-20-2009, 01:23 AM
Combined record of the teams we have played: 42-40

Not exactly a murderer's row...

So you think having additional days off to rest an older roster and help get cohesiveness in practice is a detriment?

Not exactly easy and favorable either. Especially for a depleted team.

Yes this early in the season it is. Practice can only do so much, you get rid of the off-season rust and gain rhythm and cohesiveness by playing continually not every 4 days.

http://jamie-online.com/random-jamz/wp-content/uploads/2009/06/facepalm.jpg

ElNono
11-20-2009, 01:30 AM

I believe your anger is misdirected. The decision on who is going to play or not play is made by the coach. Along with how many minutes they're going to play.

mexicanjunior
11-20-2009, 01:30 AM
Not exactly easy and favorable either. Especially for a depleted team.

Yes this early in the season it is. Practice can only do so much, you get rid of the off-season rust and gain rhythm and cohesiveness by playing continually not every 4 days.

Getting rid of the off-season rust and gaining rhythm should have been addressed more in the preseason. When Pop decided to hold out players so much during this stretch, he put his team in a bigger hole and they are paying for it now.

Also, when you say this team is "depleted", you make it sound like they have been that way for a long stretch of this start. Parker has played 6 of these games, Manu has played 9 (8 if you don't count Mavs game) and Duncan 8...it's not like they've been completely out of the lineup. When they have played together, they've pretty much been an average team.

TD 21
11-20-2009, 01:37 AM
I believe your anger is misdirected. The decision on who is going to play or not play is made by the coach. Along with how many minutes they're going to play.

Bullshit. The NBA, more than any other sport, is a player's league. Now I'm not suggesting that the Spurs start acting like a bunch of prima donna's, but if these guys genuinely wanted to play (supposedly, both of their injuries are "mild"), they could be playing. You don't think the Lakers would have preferred Bryant sit a game or two to rest his groin? Probably. But he said he was playing and so he played.

I'm not hitting the "panic button", I'm just so sick of this "big picture approach". They act like it's their right to be a top 2-3 seed. As of right now, there's 5 teams in the West head-and-shoulders above them and none of them are going to be easy to fend off. They need all of their key guys playing as many minutes as it takes to win as many games as it takes to at least be a top 3 seed. That is the reality of the Spurs in '09-10. I don't care how it used to be or how they used to operate, this team needs to start taking the regular season more seriously. You got teams like the Lakers and Celtics, both in another league than the Spurs currently, taking it far more seriously than a team with aspirations of reaching their level. It makes no sense.

FkLA
11-20-2009, 01:44 AM
Getting rid of the off-season rust and gaining rhythm should have been addressed more in the preseason. When Pop decided to hold out players so much during this stretch, he put his team in a bigger hole and they are paying for it now.

Also, when you say this team is "depleted", you make it sound like they have been that way for a long stretch of this start. Parker has played 6 of these games, Manu has played 9 (8 if you don't count Mavs game) and Duncan 8...it's not like they've been completely out of the lineup. When they have played together, they've pretty much been an average team.

Yeah so lets just play our starters 35 minutes per game in preseason games right?

The team has been completely healthy against NO, Chicago, Sacramento, Utah, and the Thunder. Thats 5 games. The other games we have been missing one or two of the Big 3. Theyre 2-3 during that stretch so if you want to go off of that as the reason this team 'sucks' or 'isnt good enough' go ahead I guess. Pretty small sample though dont you think? I mean the same Cavs team that you claim is now steamrolling is started off 2-3 as well if Im not mistaken. The Celtics the last 5 games are like 2-3 as well. LA lost 2 games in a row recently which would make them have a 3-2 record over a 5 game span. I think you get the point.

Zero_Twilight
11-20-2009, 01:47 AM
Bullshit. The NBA, more than any other sport, is a player's league. Now I'm not suggesting that the Spurs start acting like a bunch of prima donna's, but if these guys genuinely wanted to play (supposedly, both of their injuries are "mild"), they could be playing. You don't think the Lakers would have preferred Bryant sit a game or two to rest his groin? Probably. But he said he was playing and so he played.

I'm not hitting the "panic button", I'm just so sick of this "big picture approach". They act like it's their right to be a top 2-3 seed. As of right now, there's 5 teams in the West head-and-shoulders above them and none of them are going to be easy to fend off. They need all of their key guys playing as many minutes as it takes to win as many games as it takes to at least be a top 3 seed. That is the reality of the Spurs in '09-10. I don't care how it used to be or how they used to operate, this team needs to start taking the regular season more seriously. You got teams like the Lakers and Celtics, both in another league than the Spurs currently, taking it far more seriously than a team with aspirations of reaching their level. It makes no sense.

If what you say is true, Iverson would be a starter.

You aren't hitting the panic button but reading your post seems like a red alert.

FkLA
11-20-2009, 01:51 AM

And I bet you wanted Duncan to play with his hurt knee in 2000 like Grant Hill did for the Pistons that same year right? How did that turn out for Grant Hill?

Attempting to play through mild injuries can turn those mild injuries into major ones moron. That first-degree sprain can easily become a second or third degree sprain if pushed too hard, that simple sprained hamstring can become a pulled hamstring. You also have no idea whether Kobe's hamstring injury is the same as Manu's, it likely isnt so comparing them is completely retarded.

TD 21
11-20-2009, 01:52 AM
If what you say is true, Iverson would be a starter.

You aren't hitting the panic button but reading your post seems like a red alert.

Iverson is insignificant at this point in his career. Parker and Ginobili represent the 2nd and 3rd best players on a team with championship aspirations. When healthy, they're 2 of the top 20 players in the world. If they really wanted to play with "mild" injuries, they'd be playing. It's that simply.

So because I'm not a blind fan who thinks everything regarding the team I go for is all well and good, I'm automatically "hitting the panic button"? That's great logic.

Indazone
11-20-2009, 01:52 AM
Oh well on the bright side I did win 2000 :)

I predict some new lineup changes soon. It's rebounding, boxing out, and scoring. Defensively, I think the Spurs are down too.

TD 21
11-20-2009, 01:57 AM
And I bet you wanted Duncan to play with his hurt knee in 2000 like Grant Hill did for the Pistons that same year right? How did that turn out for Grant Hill?

Attempting to play through mild injuries can turn those mild injuries into major ones moron. You also have no idea whether Kobe's hamstring injury is the same as Manu's, it likely isnt so comparing them is completely retarded.

Yeah, because that's exactly what I said you idiot. Learn to read. I said "minor" (or mild, whatever) injuries. I'm not expecting anyone to play when they need reconstructive surgery on something as significant as the knee, but a groin strain? A slight ankle turn? Come one. This team is just being overly cautious, which is fine if you're the Celtics, Lakers, Nuggets, heck even the Hawks or Suns right now, but the Spurs? This isn't the old days, this team needs wins in the worst way right now and they're not going to get them by being overly cautious.

They've both been described as minor groin strains. The difference is one guy decided he was going to gut it out and play through his, while the other just meekly conceded that he'd be about 7-10 days, because that's what the team physician and the head coach decided.

spurspokesman
11-20-2009, 02:02 AM
if there is a god, than tony will play on Saturday, because if he doesn't then the spurs will struggle even against the wizards.
Wizards are a damn good team. Take a look at there roster. If we don't play very good they will hand our asses to us like they just did cleveland. Book it.

FkLA
11-20-2009, 02:08 AM
Yeah, because that's exactly what I said you idiot. Learn to read. I said "minor" (or mild, whatever) injuries. I'm not expecting anyone to play when they need reconstructive surgery on something as significant as the knee, but a groin strain? A slight ankle turn? Come one. This team is just being overly cautious, which is fine if you're the Celtics, Lakers, Nuggets, heck even the Hawks or Suns right now, but the Spurs? This isn't the old days, this team needs wins in the worst way right now and they're not going to get them by being overly cautious.

They've both been described as minor groin strains. The difference is one guy decided he was going to gut it out and play through his, while the other just meekly conceded that he'd be about 7-10 days, because that's what the team physician and the head coach decided.

No, but youre comparing the approach Manu and the Spurs are taking to the approach Kobe and the Lakers are taking. Youre basically saying Kobe's out there so why isnt Manu...the same couldve been said about Hill and Duncan back in 2000. And basically what Im telling you is who gives a fuck if other teams arent as precautionary as the Spurs. Id rather have them sit out a couple of days than see them possibly turn that minor injury into a bigger one.

Sure Kobe might end up being fine, but theres also the chance that he could aggravate the injury. He's at a higher risk than if he was fully healthy. Same with Parker, that first degree sprain can easily turn into a second or third degree sprain if pushed. But fuck that right...they need to man the fuck up and just go out and win so all the drama queens are satisfied and dont have meltdowns.

DubMcDub
11-20-2009, 02:10 AM

Really? Thought that'd be the Lakers. Seems kinda weird.

TD 21
11-20-2009, 02:13 AM
No, but youre comparing the approach Manu and the Spurs are taking to the approach Kobe and the Lakers are taking. Youre basically saying Kobe's out there so why isnt Manu...the same couldve been said about Hill and Duncan back in 2000. And basically what Im telling you is who gives a fuck if other teams arent as precautionary as the Spurs that them not us. Id rather have them sit out a couple of days than see them possibly turn that minor injury into a bigger one.

Sure Kobe might end up being fine, but theres also the chance that he could aggravate the injury. He's at a higher risk than if he was fully healthy. Same with Parker, that first degree sprain can easily turn into a second or third degree sprain if pushed. But fuck that right...they need to man the fuck up and just go out and win so all the drama queens are satisfied and dont have meltdowns.

But the difference is in the severity of the injuries. Big deal if Ginobili has to play in some discomfort. If Bryant can do it, why can't he? Yeah, because the Spurs always know better. This is not the old days, this team can't get away with doing whatever the fuck they want and it all working out. They're no longer the best team in the league. In fact they're not even close and the only chance they have of getting back to that level is to play their key players and play them as many minutes as it takes to win as many games as it takes to earn a top 3 seed.

Even if Bryant aggravates it, he'll still keep playing. Partially because he's an attention whore who loves the publicity he get's for playing hero and acting like Jordan, but also because he genuinely hates missing games and doesn't want to miss a week, have his team potentially slip and at the end of the year lose home court throughout the playoffs. Fucking right's they do ... one time can somebody not named Duncan go out and gut one out. You don't get it (none of you apologists do). If you're not at minimum a 3 seed, you got no chance to win a championship. So who gives a flying fuck if they're healthy but the team ends up as a 4 seed. They're not winning 3 rounds without home court to cop the championship.

FkLA
11-20-2009, 02:22 AM
But the difference is in the severity of the injuries. Big deal if Ginobili has to play in some discomfort. If Bryant can do it, why can't he? Yeah, because the Spurs always know better. This is not the old days, this team can't get away with doing whatever the fuck they want and it all working out. They're no longer the best team in the league, in fact they're not even close and the only chance they have of getting back to that level is to play their key players and play them as many minutes as it takes to win as many games as it takes to earn a top 3 seed.

Even if Bryant aggravates, he'll still keep playing. Partially because he's an attention whore who loves the publicity he get's for playing hero and acting like Jordan, but also because he genuinely hates missing games and doesn't want to miss a week, have his team potentially slip and at the end of the year lose home court throughout the playoffs. Fucking right's they do ... one time can somebody not named Duncan go out and gut one out. You don't get it (none of you apologists do). If you're not at minimum a 3 seed, you got no chance to win a championship. So who gives a flying fuck if they're healthy but the team ends up as a 4 seed. They're not winning 3 rounds without home court to cop the championship.

If Hill was able to do it why wasnt Duncan? Sure the severity of the injury is different but the logic is exactly the same. The Spurs were right that time, and they might or might not be right this time but Id rather they take a precautionary approach. Id rather have them out a couple of days instead of possibly a couple of weeks.

Your logic about winning as many games as possible is retarded. Them missing a couple of days affects the amount of games won much less than them missing weeks. Top 3 seeds are not won over the first ten games theyre won over an 82 game season. And Im not an apologist at all...Im just not stupid enough to judge this team on 10 games, 5 of which were missing 2/3rds of the big three. Give me a below .500 team thats completely healthy and halfway into the season and I will flat out tell you they arent good enough. As of right now though there is no reason for some of breakdowns from fans.

SenorSpur
11-20-2009, 02:26 AM
Considering the new components added to the roster this offseason, it's not surprising that the Spurs have struggled out of the gate. Furthermore, the injuries certainly have done nothing but further set back and delay the integration process for all the rotation players. From that respect, it's understandable WHY they're struggling, but I admit that it's still hard to watch.

Because they're in a soft part of the schedule, I fear the Spurs could dig themselves into such a hole in the standings, that it may be difficult to get out of later on.

jmill
11-20-2009, 02:38 AM
The Spurs start so far is surprising to me, but I don't think it's time to panic yet.

I think at the end of the year this team will be roughly where it was last year, a 54-55 win team that can contend in the playoffs. Preseason I thought they would finish anywhere from 2-4 in the West. I will say I was NOT big on the Richard Jefferson signing though, at least in terms of it putting them over the top or anything. I just don't see him having a big impact either way frankly.

I do think you guys will turn it around though, Pop is too good of a coach, and this team still has alot of talent, as a Lakers fan I hope I'm wrong though.

benefactor
11-20-2009, 06:35 AM
lmao at people wanting Parker and Manu to play injured.

It's pretty early in the season, but it looks like mexicanjunior and Chieflion are already running out of cutting places on their arms and will have to move to the legs soon. We may have to put mexicanjunior on suicide watch if the Cowboys lose again this week.

TBQH, I am kinda looking forward to the Duncan era ending...because after the window is closed all these spoiled ass fans who don't get spoon fed perfection every night can go find some other team to follow.

Chieflion
11-20-2009, 08:44 AM

It's pretty early in the season, but it looks like mexicanjunior and Chieflion are already running out of cutting places on their arms and will have to move to the legs soon. We may have to put mexicanjunior on suicide watch if the Cowboys lose again this week.

TBQH, I am kinda looking forward to the Duncan era ending...because after the window is closed all these spoiled ass fans who don't get spoon fed perfection every night can go find some other team to follow.
Try harder. This is a meltdown thread for a reason. It is for me to let loose where I didnt want to. If you don't see the glaring weaknesses in these 10 games, I don't know how you can see it in the next 20. I would like to see the rebuild come, cause the new players will be interesting to watch.

Edit: Sorry for being a total ass. This is a meltdown thread. Just trying to fit in with the meltdown. If you even think I was serious about all the crap which I didn't even believe in, well almost of it, then you are wrong.

SpurNation
11-20-2009, 08:53 AM
http://spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=139878

Conclusion

With both Manu Ginobili and Tony Parker out for Thursday's game, this is a great opportunity for the Jazz to steal a win away from the Spurs in San Antonio.

This game might have easily gone the other way if at least one of the two could have played.

To seriously expect a team to be able to win against a decent team without 2 of your best players is unrealistic at best.

Disappointed about the loss I can understand. Especially since the Spurs even made it a close game while having to inject 3rd string players in order to just keep up.

I look forward to the positives the team has the potential of doing once all are healthy and the roster takes on a concise rotation.

(I'll reserve my meltdown for games the Spurs should win.)

ManuTastic
11-20-2009, 09:03 AM
I'm not melting down about last night, though I'm not happy about it. But hey, RMJ played significant minutes at PG--if that had been Tony, I believe we'd have won.
I'm much, MUCH more concerned about Manu's injuries. I hope he can come back and have a strong year, but the injuries are starting to look chronic... if he is on and off the IL all year, then forget it...

Get well Manu!!

TJastal
11-20-2009, 09:54 AM

Funny, I bet against the spurs all $1800 I had and now I have like $180 last time I looked. I think vbookie is broke.

DaBears
11-20-2009, 10:09 AM
this was the first game i have felt this frustrated!!

And i think we are all so pissed because we know this team has the potential to be great. But right now they are lousy. Its a long season but it just sucks having to watch our team let the opposition get away with offensive rebounds, 3pt plays time after time.

+1

mexicanjunior
11-20-2009, 10:09 AM

Yeah...I'm glad you know me well enough to make that assumption. Nothing I look forward to more than random Spurstalk poster worried about my safety...

mexicanjunior
11-20-2009, 10:13 AM
Yeah so lets just play our starters 35 minutes per game in preseason games right?

35 minutes seems extreme but how about just letting them play all the games 20-24 minutes instead of sitting them out every other game and not allowing them to get any kind of cohesion together? The coach seems to treat this team like glass...

BTW, I never said the Lakers, Celts and Cavs are rolling but I did say they find ways to stay above water while dealing with injuries...something I thought I would be able to say about the Spurs.

Chomag
11-20-2009, 10:24 AM
Sure if you are the Clippers it doesn't matter much but you can not lose your way to a championship. How many teams in history have won the championship with a low seed? You can't honestly say you like those odds. Do Y'all keep forgetting that we play in the west where 1 win could mean getting 2-8 playoff seeding? I know people here say that home-court advantage doesn't matter however NBA history does say otherwise.

DaBears
11-20-2009, 10:26 AM
Personally i am really getting tired of all the excuses we make for these cry baby millonaires.... They dont need any of you to make excuses for them you think they care about there record... Don’t be so delusional. This reminds me of the days when we use to be called soft, and it took the junk yard dog Mario Ellie(spelling) to get our acts straight... I really see no hunger or fight from TD and others... In the extreme measure that an example needs to be made let it come from the So-called Capt. of the team TD, so far he looks liket he biggest cry baby of them all....... If he is not willing to lead then how do you expect the rest to act an absence of leadership.....

(Just a overly fustrated fan venting here, but i see the potential this team has, well on paper anyway.......) Get your acts together.. Enough about the oh where missing the 2/3 bigs last i checked i thought we had a new big 4.... Two down we still have 2 left! right.... UTAH had only 2 stars as well so whats the excuse.....

And the crying continues...

tlongII
11-20-2009, 10:40 AM
The Spurs are playing hard so I can't criticize their effort. The talent just isn't there anymore.

Bigzax
11-20-2009, 10:45 AM
The Spurs are playing hard so I can't criticize their effort. The talent just isn't there anymore.

the fix is in and it's so obvious it's ridiculous.

good to see on the box score that spurs only allowed 90. the D is looking up!

Pop will put the big bad bruthas on the court after the rodeo road trip.

until then, eat, drink, and be merry. brew yourselves a nice cup of 'relax' and wait for the real season to start. SPAM.

DaBears
11-20-2009, 11:27 AM
Who in this forum thinks that the Jazz have a more talented roster than the Spurs... I dont, pretty sure most of you would agree.. So to say u really dont want to criticize their effort... They have been and again last night out played by an inferrier teams... That shows a lack of effort......

Spursfan092120
11-20-2009, 11:29 AM
Who in this forum thinks that the Jazz have a more talented roster than the Spurs... I dont, pretty sure most of you would agree.. So to say u really dont want to criticize their effort... They have been and again last night out played by an inferrier teams... That shows a lack of effort......
TLong is just a trolling idiot. Everyone knows we're going through a tough time right now trying to find our identity, and with Tony and Manu out, it's hard. Our defense has been stoic over the past couple of games, and when we get our offensive anchors back, hopefully we'll get back to gelling on offense, and pick it up.

tp2021
11-20-2009, 11:57 AM

You are hilarious!

jb4g
11-20-2009, 12:10 PM
im concerned, but not ready to jump off the cliff yet. Their schedule to start the season has been wacky and certainly doesnt help build consistency when you get 3-4 days off at a time. add to that the injuries and accept that its going to take a lot longer than we hoped for this team to gel. They are giving effort, thats all we can ask for. My biggest frustration is with mahinmi and haislip getting no minutes, if they arent going to contribute get rid of their asses, we need another big that can contribute on the glass and defense. We need to get these next 3 at home, get to 7-5 and go from there. If come Jan they still suck, you take that boatload of expiring contracts and find someone to help the cause.

benefactor
11-20-2009, 01:06 PM
http://cookingforbrevitt.typepad.com/photos/uncategorized/emo_lawn.jpg

ElNono
11-20-2009, 01:09 PM

There's nobody more interested in playing than Ginobili considering it's a contract year for him. And we're obviously not the Lakers.

TDMVPDPOY
11-20-2009, 01:21 PM
There's nobody more interested in playing than Ginobili considering it's a contract year for him. And we're obviously not the Lakers.

well his currently playin like shit atm, if this shit continues i dont even think the spurs should even throw the MLE at him.....

ElNono
11-20-2009, 01:29 PM
well his currently playin like shit atm, if this shit continues i dont even think the spurs should even throw the MLE at him.....

And maybe they won't. But that's besides the point. He's got every reason, monetary and otherwise, to want to be out there playing.

phxspurfan
11-20-2009, 01:31 PM
Seriously, what would happen if we fired Pop? I mean the Hornets fired Scott and just beat the Suns (who beat the Celtics).

=> Hornets > Suns > Celtics

SA210
11-20-2009, 02:00 PM
Pops a great coach!

That was a few years ago. He's either not the same, or the staff that made him look good are gone.

Pop sucks now, horribly!

DesignatedT
11-20-2009, 02:02 PM
the great defense we were all used to is never going to be the same. that doesnt mean it cant still be a good defense.... offensively we have tons of talent. more talent then we have ever had..... we should be outscoring our opponents at will. period

Bender
11-20-2009, 03:00 PM
That was a few years ago. He's either not the same, or the staff that made him look good are gone.

Pop sucks now, horribly!

did PJ have anything to do with our prior success? Maybe we can get him back.

TD 21
11-20-2009, 08:19 PM
If Hill was able to do it why wasnt Duncan? Sure the severity of the injury is different but the logic is exactly the same. The Spurs were right that time, and they might or might not be right this time but Id rather they take a precautionary approach. Id rather have them out a couple of days instead of possibly a couple of weeks.

Your logic about winning as many games as possible is retarded. Them missing a couple of days affects the amount of games won much less than them missing weeks. Top 3 seeds are not won over the first ten games theyre won over an 82 game season. And Im not an apologist at all...Im just not stupid enough to judge this team on 10 games, 5 of which were missing 2/3rds of the big three. Give me a below .500 team thats completely healthy and halfway into the season and I will flat out tell you they arent good enough. As of right now though there is no reason for some of breakdowns from fans.

No, if Bryant is able to do it, then why isn't Ginobili? My logic is predicated on the severity of the injury. In the past, I'd have agreed with you. Not anymore. Don't you get it? It's going to be a struggle for this team to earn a top 3 seed and if they don't earn one, then you can forget about winning a championship this season. Which is the goal.

No, my logic makes perfect sense. The Spurs and Spurs apologists act like it's just a given that they'll be a top 3 seed and that there's nothing to worry about. In case you haven't noticed, it's going to be extremely difficult to break into the top 2 and difficult just to get home court at all. Top 3 seeds may not be won in the first ten games, but they can be lost then. This was supposed to be the "easy part" of the schedule. I'm not judging this team, I'm being realistic.

They're both considered "minor" injuries and I've given comparable examples of players playing with similar injuries, so why can't these two? It's like many of you have been brainwashed by the notion that if it's the Spurs way, then it's automatically the right way. Bryant could have sat a week, but he knows that would probably cost his team in the race for the best record and that could ultimately cost them the championship; so he played. The Spurs are being overly cautious, which they can no longer afford to do if they want to get to where they want to go.

When you've seen a team play at the level this one has for as long as it has and many of the key players are still in place, it's only natural to expect more of the same. Particularly when you consider the roster upgrades and how bad (by their standards) this team looked for much of last season. People are anxious, as well they should be.

jag
11-20-2009, 08:36 PM
Edit: Sorry for being a total ass. This is a meltdown thread. Just trying to fit in with the meltdown. If you even think I was serious about all the crap which I didn't even believe in, well almost of it, then you are wrong.

Last edited by Chieflion; Today at 08:52 AM..

raspsa
11-20-2009, 11:05 PM
News Flash! Planet Spur undergoes its customary seasonal meltdown phase, marked by higher than normal Lemming migrations to the coasts. Authorities predict that its going to get worse before it gets better. However, enough Lemmings are expected to survive to regenerate the species..
http://rlv.zcache.com/earth_meltdown_custom_poster-p228815988025051540trma_400.jpg

quentin_compson
11-21-2009, 06:30 AM
It sucks having lost three in a row; it sucks being 4-6; it sucks losing at home to the Jazz.

But the last game wasn't all bad, in my opinion. Defensively, we were definitely not atrocious, but a little slow at rotating, closing out, fighting through screens and matching their physical style of play. And Mason Jr. showed that he at least ain't dead yet.

What was atrocious, however, was the three-point shooting. We were playing good enough to win this one, but then fell short (again) at the end, while a player from the other team put the game away (Boozer this time, Nowitzki in the game before).

Defense has gotten better since the Raptors game, though. Offensively, guys are still figuring out their roles on a revamped team, which just takes some time. I think our biggest concern as fans right now should be the injuries that already happened so early in the season.

xmas1997
11-21-2009, 12:01 PM
Considering the new components added to the roster this offseason, it's not surprising that the Spurs have struggled out of the gate. Furthermore, the injuries certainly have done nothing but further set back and delay the integration process for all the rotation players. From that respect, it's understandable WHY they're struggling, but I admit that it's still hard to watch.

Best post of the thread IMHO.
And then some fans want to start trading for more new players before even giving these guys a chance to gain chemistry with each other? Incredible!
There are already so many new players on this team that it is debateable whether it should be called "retooling" or a total restructuring process.
I see no reason to panic at this point despite the record.
Once the talent level of this team eventually gels, they will be hard to beat, and you need to play the games, win or lose, to gel all these new players, learn their spots and comfort zones. That is the reality of the situation, because they will learn as much or more from the losing as from the winning. That is the way it is in real life and the way it is in this game called basketball.
The talent level is there. The chemistry of integrating all the NEW talent isn't there yet, but make no mistake, it will be integrated.
The worry lies in whether there will be enough time to garner a high seed once it does.
Yet even if they get a low seed come playoff time, yet are playing at the expected high level that was shown on paper at the preseason, there is nothing sugestive that they won't be able to go all the way to another championship despite being an underdog and playing without homecourt advantage!

benefactor
11-21-2009, 06:48 PM
They're both considered "minor" injuries and I've given comparable examples of players playing with similar injuries, so why can't these two? It's like many of you have been brainwashed by the notion that if it's the Spurs way, then it's automatically the right way. Bryant could have sat a week, but he knows that would probably cost his team in the race for the best record and that could ultimately cost them the championship; so he played. The Spurs are being overly cautious, which they can no longer afford to do if they want to get to where they want to go.

Your really need to quit it with the broad-brushed generalizations. First it's "you don't respect people with a low post count" and now it's "you have been brainwashed into believing that he Spurs way is the right way". Seriously, just stop....you sound foolish.

As far as the injuries go, it's pretty silly to compare Bryant to Manu and TP(Even though I have already stated I think Bryant should not play injured either). The first and most obvious reason is Kobe Bryant is the second best 2 guard to ever touch a basketball. Even at partial effectiveness, he can change the game for his team...which leads me directly into the reasons why Manu and TP do not benefit this team by playing hurt.

Parker's game starts and ends with his speed. If he cannot explode to the rim and stop and go quickly he becomes far less effective and his play making ability pretty much goes out the window...leading to teams not be worried about him finishing at the rim and him becoming a jump shooter. Not to mention that a player that runs and cuts so hard is not going to do an ankle injury any favors. The result will be a nagging injury that continues to limit him or a worse injury all together.

Manu resting ANY injury...no matter how small...is basically a no-brainer for anyone who has watched Spurs basketball throughout his career. Manu...like Parker...relies on his ability to go hard all the time in order to make plays. He is going to dive for balls, run into a defender, jump into another player competing for a rebound, etc. He is Manu Ginobili and nothing will change that. He is the same Manu who overcompensated on his other leg which led to a stress fracture. If it is up to him, he will play injured to try to help his team...but as we have seen that can lead to him getting injured worse. A minor injury with Manu can only heal totally one way...rest.

Many and TP are what the are. I wish that they could be as effective as Bryant is when he is injured, but they cannot...and I wouldn't want them trying to be anyway.

benefactor
12-01-2009, 10:10 AM
Bump.

Just getting it ready for Thursday.

Brazil
12-01-2009, 10:16 AM
Bump.

:lol

Spursmania
12-01-2009, 10:16 AM
Bump.

Good Bump benefactor. Let's see how many cliffjumpers we have if Spurs lose on Thursday:lol

Get ready for the fuck Manu, trade Tony and Timmy's done rants...

ElNono
12-01-2009, 10:19 AM
Good Bump benefactor. Let's see how many cliffjumpers we have if Spurs lose on Thursday:lol

Get ready for the fuck Manu, trade Tony and Timmy's done rants...

I'll get the 'Finley, Mason and Bonner for Jeff Foster' thread ready...

Bartleby
12-01-2009, 10:43 AM
Don't forget the obligatory "fire Pop!!!" tirades.

lurker23
12-01-2009, 11:24 AM
If the Spurs lose on Thursday, I predict the major gripe will be "Why didn't Theo and/or Blair play more than 20 minutes?" Not necessarily because I'm expecting a poor game from Bonner, but because I think both players will look effective in their own ways in limited minutes. (And yes, I do expect Ratliff to be active and playing 5-15 minutes against Boston. No inside information, just a hunch.)

DPG21920
12-01-2009, 06:24 PM
Many of us predicted that Blair would not play as much as the fans would like and that it would be a major source of argument throughout the season.

FkLA
12-01-2009, 06:40 PM
The funny thing is some of these so called fans that were on here ripping the Spurs when this thread was started completely dissapeared once they started winning a couple of games...I mean honestly how you can u claim to be a fan when youre basically rooting against them? Im sure once the Spurs encounter another rough stretch these 'fans' will show up again.

benefactor
12-03-2009, 11:02 PM
Here it is guys. No more are necessary.

greyforest
12-03-2009, 11:08 PM
jeffersons stat line: wtf pop

benefactor
12-03-2009, 11:19 PM
lmao not playing Manu

benefactor
12-07-2009, 11:24 PM
Bump

Dex
12-07-2009, 11:26 PM
:elephant

Dex
12-07-2009, 11:27 PM
Ok, i feel better.

'Cept the Spurs Forum is going to be lame tomorrow.

12-07-2009, 11:31 PM
ginobili for tmac! just do it!!!!!

SAtown
12-07-2009, 11:31 PM
Ok, i feel better.

'Cept the Spurs Forum is going to be lame tomorrow.

It already is

benefactor
12-07-2009, 11:40 PM
lol timvp and Kori not even bothering with the meltdown. Can't say I blame them.

Spursmania
12-07-2009, 11:42 PM
Dammit, I'm pissed. I'm glad this is a venting thread because that loss feels like shit. Bonner played the game of his life and Spurs had 2 opportunities to win that game! Fuck!

Had they won it would have been great for them and their confidence. It's like they don't know how to win games anymore.:pctoss

td4mvp21
12-07-2009, 11:43 PM
FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKK

Ok, just had to get that out

mexicanjunior
12-07-2009, 11:44 PM
They are not even worth melting down over at this point, it's like being a Clippers fan.

murpjf88
12-07-2009, 11:44 PM
I see somebody resurrected this thread.

benefactor
12-07-2009, 11:45 PM
Hi troll(s).

elbamba
12-07-2009, 11:46 PM
All I know is that the Spurs have only so many loses before we are going to be fighting for a 7-6 seed.

Budkin
12-07-2009, 11:51 PM
That would have been a huge win. Sucks.

mexicanjunior
12-07-2009, 11:52 PM
All I know is that the Spurs have only so many loses before we are going to be fighting for a 7-6 seed.

More like ping pong ball ratios...

Chomag
12-07-2009, 11:54 PM
So when will it be safe to melt down again? LOL

timtonymanu
12-07-2009, 11:55 PM
It's only December. Some of you are bad fans.

(sarcasm)

Chieflion
12-07-2009, 11:57 PM
It's only December. Some of you are bad fans.

(sarcasm)
Dude, you should post "The Big Bang Theory" sarcasm sign. I wish someone would make a gif of it. That thing is golden.

SpursRulez4eVeR
12-08-2009, 12:01 AM
last years' spurs record was apparently not as good as it indicated, there were A LOT OF close games that we won and there were plenty of game winners.
The fact that this year's spurs team is not(or not yet??) a better defensive team and has YET(or won't) show to be a better offensive team, we might very well has a worse year( record wise) than last year.

JustinJDW
12-08-2009, 12:01 AM
MOTHER FUCKER! WE ALMOST WON! STUPID FUCKING TONY PARKER! CANT MAKE AN EASY FUCKING JUMPER! MAKE YOUR FUCKING SHOTS FUCKING YOU FUCKING FRENCH FUCK!

AND YOU MATT BONNER! FUCK YOU! FUUUUUCK! WHY DO WE ALWAYS HAVE TO LOOSE! JUST KILL ME RIGHT FUCKING NOW! FUUUUCK! FUUUUUUUUUUUCK!!!!!!!!!!!1

Ah, glad I got all of that out. Carry on. :toast

EmptyMan
12-08-2009, 12:03 AM
Spurs are going to be deeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeep with that #1 pick.

Chieflion
12-08-2009, 12:04 AM
John Wall, Derrick Favors. Take your pick.

SpursRulez4eVeR
12-08-2009, 12:05 AM
how are we gonna get the #1 pick or close to that

birdy219
12-08-2009, 12:07 AM
My meltdown............:bang

Now I say to myself:whine

Chieflion
12-08-2009, 12:12 AM
Common sense, trade Parker, Ginobili, Jefferson and Duncan for Marresse Spieghts, Thad Young, Jonny Flynn, Kevin Love and their pitiful draft picks. Problem solved. Sign Dwyane Wade and a decent center.

timtonymanu
12-08-2009, 12:12 AM
Bruce Bowen, Robert Horry, Brent Barry = I miss role players that step up.

mexicanjunior
12-08-2009, 12:13 AM

Admit this team is not a championship contender...trade Manu for picks...sit Duncan and Parker with phantom injuries for the year...buyout Mcdyess...let the young guys take over (Hairston, Mahinmi, Hill, Blair)....hope the lottery balls go in your favor.

This would just about do it...

jdev82
12-08-2009, 12:15 AM
FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU UUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU UUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU UUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUC K!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

is this the right place for that?

SpursRulez4eVeR
12-08-2009, 12:19 AM
lol now i felt really stupid asking that question
should have known better :lol

Chieflion
12-08-2009, 12:21 AM
lol now i felt really stupid asking that question
should have known better :lol
Duh, this meltdown thread allows me to use insanity as an option. I feel better ranting about that.

Parker2112
12-08-2009, 12:29 AM
All the bitches are killing this Board. The quality content is outnumbered 100 to 1.

It used to be the reverse of that. You cockmongers are killing one of the best Spurs resources on the net. For the lot of you: bite these nuts :wow, stfu and gtfu.

And for all you tricks who are ranting and raving all over this board in December...don't even think about celebrating success later...your past will be quoted straight back to slap you in the face (along with my scrotum :king). Here's one...set for stun bitches...:flipoff

Unrelated: for all those blaming the losses on Pop, the new guys are still lost. That is why we struggle. That is why he uses erratic substitutions.

mexicanjunior
12-08-2009, 12:30 AM
And for all you tricks who are ranting and raving all over this board in December...don't even think about celebrating success later...

http://www.randomdestination.com/members/mj/pics/pollyanna.JPG

EricB
12-08-2009, 12:31 AM
yeah ever since post 2007 these new Spurs "fans" that have invaded have sucked the life out.

Hence why you don't see any of the great past posters post anymore, Timvp, Solid D, Admiral.

Great great posters that couldn't stand these new idiots.

jaffies
12-08-2009, 12:31 AM
Include this thread in your rant.

nuclearfm
12-08-2009, 12:32 AM
yeah ever since post 2007 these new Spurs "fans" that have invaded have sucked the life out.

Hence why you don't see any of the great past posters post anymore, Timvp, Solid D, Admiral.

Post 2007 hasn't been a happy time

Stringer_Bell
12-08-2009, 12:34 AM
I can appreciate your use of the term "tricks." :toast

mexicanjunior
12-08-2009, 12:34 AM

Man, their posts must have jumped from monitors and stroked people off with the way they are held to god like status...

mookie2001
12-08-2009, 12:36 AM
All the bitches are killing this Board. The quality content is outnumbered 100 to 1.

It used to be the reverse of that. You cockmongers are killing one of the best Spurs resources on the net. For the lot of you: bite these nuts :wow, stfu and gtfu.

And for all you tricks who are ranting and raving all over this board in December...don't even think about celebrating success later...your past will be quoted straight back to slap you in the face (along with my scrotum :king). Here's one...set for stun bitches...:flipoff

Unrelated: for all those blaming the losses on Pop, the new guys are still lost. That is why we struggle. That is why he uses erratic substitutions.

yeah im sure youre real pissed as a gray poster with 180 posts

god yall people are dumb, this is like spraypainting STOP VANDALISM on someones wall

mookie2001
12-08-2009, 12:37 AM
another merged thread
good

Parker2112
12-08-2009, 12:48 AM
yeah im sure youre real pissed as a gray poster with 180 posts

Eat a dick.

god yall people are dumb, this is like spraypainting STOP VANDALISM on someones wall

You've got a point.

Parker2112
12-08-2009, 12:48 AM
another merged thread
good

It probably belongs here.

Parker2112
12-08-2009, 12:53 AM
I can appreciate your use of the term "tricks." :toast

It just so happens that I am thuggish AND ruggish. :toast