PDA

View Full Version : This line-up will always kill us

Ibanezsr
11-19-2009, 11:31 PM
Mason, Bonner, Finley, Bogans & (Any Big man).

Mason, Bonner & Finley should never be on the floor at the same time. It killed SA vs. Dallas last night and again tonight. I can't blame Mason because he has to be in there when Hill is out (foul trouble killed Hill both nights). Even a minor adjustment of Hairston for Finley would improve that lineup drastically.. They need at least 1 player that can get to the rim. Finley shouldn't be playing much on back end of back-to-back.

justinandimcool
11-19-2009, 11:32 PM
Cosign. Bonner can't do shit without another good passer on the floor to make plays for him.

FkLA
11-19-2009, 11:42 PM
I agree those stretches at the end of the 1st/3rd beginning of the 2nd/4th where RJ, Timmy, and Hill were all sitting on the bench was brutal...there was noone out there that can create their own shot or shots for others. Thats where not having Manu and Tony really fucks us up, for about 5-10 minutes a game the Spurs offense is non-existant.

HarlemHeat37
11-19-2009, 11:49 PM
Finley and Mason defending together on the perimeter should honestly be illegal..the NBA should fine the Spurs every time they have those 2 on the floor together as perimeter defenders..

It's just impossible to play defense when they're both getting blown by constantly..

Blackjack
11-19-2009, 11:57 PM
I had the same reaction to seeing Bonner, Mason and Finley on the court together.

Mason's a necessary evil at this point, but Bogans or Hairston need to be alongside him if RJ's getting a breather. It's not just about the inability to get to the rim offensively, your defense at the point of the attack is just brutal if you're relying on RMJ and Fin; a turnstile to a Bonner, not a good look..

celldweller
11-20-2009, 12:25 AM
Mason, Bonner, Finley, Bogans & (Any Big man).

Mason, Bonner & Finley should never be on the floor at the same time. It killed SA vs. Dallas last night and again tonight. I can't blame Mason because he has to be in there when Hill is out (foul trouble killed Hill both nights). Even a minor adjustment of Hairston for Finley would improve that lineup drastically.. They need at least 1 player that can get to the rim. Finley shouldn't be playing much on back end of back-to-back.

Yet sadly Pop keeps playing them together. :depressed

ElNono
11-20-2009, 12:28 AM
Well, we're short handed, so beggars can't be choosers. But even when we were whole, I thought playing both Bonner and Finley together was simply giving up too much on defense. If you tack in Mason, it's actually a travesty really.

SenorSpur
11-20-2009, 02:05 AM
The 3 worst defenders on the team (Bonner, Finley & Mason) should NEVER, EVER be left on the floor together - EVER!

baseline bum
11-20-2009, 10:53 AM
Finley and Mason are the two worst defenders I have seen on this team in years. No way they should ever be on the floor together. Hopefully RC trades one of their expiring contracts to get someone decent.

spurspokesman
11-20-2009, 10:55 AM
Finley and Mason are the two worst defenders I have seen on this team in years. No way they should ever be on the floor together. Hopefully RC trades one of their expiring contracts to get someone decent.

Im with you. We have enough shooters now. But id rather see fin go. Despite how much rmj may be sucking he is the lesser of the evil and if the game is on the line Id go to him 100 percent.

Fabbs
11-20-2009, 11:29 AM
"You must play defense to be on the floor while Popped is coach."
myth.

What a lie! :lmao

Spursfan092120
11-20-2009, 11:30 AM
I was at the game last night and I have to say Mason looked really good even at point last night. Hopefully he can get rolling.

jermaine
11-20-2009, 11:37 AM
Ratliff needs more time. We preach Defense an when the game is on the line we go with Bonner. I love Dycess an I wouldnt mind him playing 1 on 1 with Dirk on anybody else. I hate to say it but Blair need to wait his turn next yr. If we want to win we needs to go with all out defense. But after watching all the games so far last nights lose impressed me the most. But I love Bonner, just coming off the bench. Pop dont believe in defense to me anymore.

easy7
11-20-2009, 11:42 AM
Yep, that is a shit load of dead weight... :hat

SpurNation
11-20-2009, 11:56 AM
I was at the game last night and I have to say Mason looked really good even at point last night. Hopefully he can get rolling.

Compared to his previous games this year...yeah

Compared to last year at this time...no

Hopefully he can get rolling....:toast

But to have both Mason and Finley on the court at the same time should never happen unless there is a possession in bound with 3 seconds left in the first half or end of the game for a basket to tie or win.

TJastal
11-20-2009, 12:38 PM
At this point, after seeing Finley's 23 minutes and zero's across the board for production I don't think it gets any more obvious that Finley's age and career have wound down to the end.

Finley's role on the team should the guy who rarely plays during the season and is mainly used for his experience in the post-season IF he's needed. Right now he should be mentoring and teaching these young guys like Hairston, Hill, Mason Jr, & Bogans not hogging all their fucking minutes.

The fact that Finley is getting anywhere from 20-30 minutes a game is having an extremely detrimental effect on alot of guys, especially Mason, Jr. And having Finley playing PF in small ball lineups is the most assinine thing I have ever seen.

Mason, Jr is the younger, far more talented offensive player right now. Fucking play him and forget Finley already. God damn it.

TJastal
11-20-2009, 12:48 PM
Popovich needs to quit playing footsie with Finley and tighten up the rotation he's just got too many guys going in and out constantly, nobody can develop any kind of rhthym and as soon as somebody does they go right back to the bench. He's got 12 guys going in and out like goddamn musical chairs.

Finley didn't do jack in the playoffs last year and hasn't done jack yet this year except play awful defense and commit costly turnovers. He shoots well 1 out of every 3 games it seems.

Bench Finley!

bigdog
11-20-2009, 12:56 PM
Mason blows right now. The End.