PDA

View Full Version : Remember

IcemanCometh
11-20-2009, 12:03 AM
When the Spurs were the top team in the NBA?

Good times.

timvp
11-20-2009, 12:04 AM
I thought this was going to be a Lenny Cooke update.

IcemanCometh
11-20-2009, 12:06 AM
I think hes dead

Rob123
11-20-2009, 12:08 AM
makes me realize I should have enjoyed it more.

God I was spoiled.

timvp
11-20-2009, 12:09 AM
I think hes dead

Cooke himself had other options for basketball: North Carolina, Seton Hall, St. John's, Miami, and Ohio State. However, Cooke chose to seek out the money by declaring himself eligible for the 2002 NBA Draft. He would go undrafted. When all 29 of the NBA teams passed on Cooke in both rounds, he would turn to joining the Rucker Park Summer League in New York, playing for the Terror Squad team.

Later that same year, he was drafted by the Columbus Riverdragons of the NBDL. Additionally, Lenny tried out for the Brevard Blue Ducks of the USBL in April 2003. Next, he was signed to the Brooklyn Kings in May, also within the USBL. In 15 games, he averaged 28.8 points per game and a little more than nine rebounds.

Later that year, Lenny was back to the Rucker Park Summer League. Then, he would find himself playing in the Philippine Basketball Association for the Purefoods TJ Hotdogs. In addition, Cooke was signed with the Shanghai Dongfang Sharks in December 2003. Lenny averaged 16.7 points and a near seven rebounds per game. By 2004, he had returned to the PBA's Purefoods team but suffered his second injury with the team in the season opener and was out for the rest of the tournament. After not being drafted to the NBA, via age limit, he continued to work out. Cooke most recently played for the Minot Skyrockets of the CBA in 2006-07. As of November 2008, Lenny Cooke works at the Food Lion Distribution Center in Prince George, Va as an order selector.

Close.

IcemanCometh
11-20-2009, 12:12 AM
Hes totally like that dude from the Wrestler, we should sign him up and make a Disney movie

ShoogarBear
11-20-2009, 12:16 AM
I think hes dead

You're thinking of Lenny Bruce.

Blackjack
11-20-2009, 12:17 AM
I'm disappointed.

I fully expected a good Farley picture and a, 'that was awwwesooome..'

SequSpur
11-20-2009, 12:44 AM
When the Spurs were the top team in the NBA?

Good times.

:tu

Good point...they aren't that good anymore. Pisses me off that Tony Parker ran his mouth about playing for the national team and now he is broke dick...

Dude needs to go... He can't shoot anyway..

outmap
11-20-2009, 03:44 AM
Lenny Cooke vs. LeBron James.
He played here in the Philippines!

benefactor
11-20-2009, 08:21 AM
...and what great memories they are.

Some Spurs fans need to walk a mile in the shoes of a fan of one of the other 14 franchises that have never won a title. Better yet...sit down and talk with a Sonics fan and ask how he feels about having his team ripped away from him/her after 40+ years. I'm sure that Sonics fan would find it hilarious how Spurs fans get into long heated discussions with other fans about not winning titles back to back. Hell...most fans would be happy to have just one of those rings.

It's been a good run...better than 90% of the franchises in the NBA will ever see. I commend the FO for doing everything in thier power to try to put one more in the case. All of us knew it was a crap shoot going in...and that health and chemsitry would both be needed for us to even have a shot. Even then, there is little that is guaranteed. If we are being honest, it's hard to say that this team could beat Boston or LA in a 7 game series...even if we are healthy and clicking.

Whatever happens, happens. I look back at a decade plus of 50 win seasons and 4 trophies and I am more than satisfied. It's like an old man looking back on his life and being depressed about being old even though his life was very successful...instead of accepting that everyone gets old.

Smile Spurs fan. You are old now, but life has been very, very good to you.

urunobili
11-20-2009, 08:27 AM
on NBA TV International after the game last night they showed the 2005 Spurs vs the 2005 Suns on Manu's 48 pt game... it was SO depressing to see that... timvp is right... Manu's gait was never like it was back then...