PDA

View Full Version : Harvey: Fire Pop? That was the last time

duncan228
11-20-2009, 01:06 AM
Fire Pop? That was the last time (http://blogs.mysanantonio.com/weblogs/buckharvey/2009/11/fire-pop-that-was-the-last-tim.html)
By Buck Harvey

I still get e-mails telling me that Gregg Popovich is clueless, and I may get more after Thursday.

How could he lose to the Jazz at home?

For some perspective, go back to the last time Popovich lost to the Jazz in San Antonio. That was Feb. 28, 1999, in the Alamodome -- when Popovich really was on the cusp of being fired.

Anyone who remembers those days realizes how silly the current talk is.

The 1999 game came more than a year after Popovich had fired Bob Hill and had taken his place. San Antonio was still infatuated with Hill; very few are any more.

But at the time Popovich was perceived as a dunce. He had both David Robinson and Tim Duncan, and he'd signed several veterans in the off-season. And he was still losing.

Sure, the lockout had shortened the season. Sure, the roster had been overhauled. But did the Spurs need weeks to find themselves?

Today's Spurs, with injuries and a rebuilt roster, hear the same.

Those Spurs went into that Utah game with a 6-7 record, and Peter Holt was worried then. He needed arena funding, and an unpopular coach didn't help. Doc Rivers, working in San Antonio then as a television commentator, was a tempting alternative.

Then came the loss to the Jazz. The Spurs were never as close as 10 points from the second quarter on. Popovich was eventually ejected and, when he left the floor to a dome of boos, was the anger aimed at the refs? Or at him?

"I believe in these guys," Popovich said afterward, but that wasn't the question. Did the Spurs believe in him?

Robinson had said earlier in the season he didn't know when to shoot and when not to, and NBC analysts brought up the issue during the telecast. If Robinson is getting six shots, they said, then it's Popovich's fault.

Mario Elie disputed that. Duncan had learned to beat the double teams, said Elie. Robinson had to. Elie also blamed himself, because he went 3 for 10 that day. Sean Elliott also went 3 for 11.

Then there's this: Utah, with Karl Malone and John Stockton, had been to the Finals the year before.

The crowd didn't care. It was the low point. Popovich was one loss, maybe two, from getting fired.

But then the Spurs won their next game, in Houston, and began a 9-game winning streak. They would win the title that season. They would later rebuild their roster with a French point guard and an Argentine marvel and win another three.

Jerry Sloan, meanwhile, wouldn't see another Finals. Yet he would be inducted into the Basketball Hall of Fame this past summer.

Popovich wouldn't lose to Sloan and Utah in San Antonio again until Thursday, when he didn't have his French point guard or Argentine marvel.

So when some wonder about him today?

ElNono
11-20-2009, 01:12 AM
Besides the fact that Pop is going nowhere, what other coach that's available you would rather have right now? I can't think of any. Anybody?

SequSpur
11-20-2009, 01:16 AM
Huh? What does this article mean?

jaffies
11-20-2009, 01:18 AM
Besides the fact that Pop is going nowhere, what other coach that's available you would rather have right now? I can't think of any. Anybody?

Fabbs will tell us, soon.

Danny.Zhu
11-20-2009, 01:21 AM

Maybe JVG...

Zero_Twilight
11-20-2009, 01:22 AM

I think it's tellin people in a subtle way to calm the fuck down.

ElNono
11-20-2009, 01:23 AM
Maybe JVG...

I like Jeff. I don't think he would be an improvement over Pop though, IMO

Zero_Twilight
11-20-2009, 01:23 AM
Maybe JVG...

HELLL to the F***** NO.

completely deck
11-20-2009, 01:34 AM
This article is actually really really really good. It's one of the best out of San Antonio media that I've read in a lonnng time. I think that's because of the situation that the Spurs are in that makes it so great.

I beg of each of you posting in this thread that are clueless, read the entire article, slowly, and more than once, if you have to.

the crimson blur
11-20-2009, 01:53 AM
Spurs fans get one of the greatest coaches of all time and they talk about firing him.

This forum just makes you think some people don't deserve all the good things the last decade has brought to this franchise. Maybe it'd be better if Pop was fired if his greatness isn't appreciated by the fanbase. I know these fools aren't the majority of the fanbase, in fact I wouldn't even call them fans, but they call themselves fans so what more can I go by? *sigh*

Only on Spurstalk will people bitch you out if you insult Kobe Bryant, a Laker, but then talk with passion about firing Popovich and trading Parker, Ginobili, and Duncan.

SpurmzKilla
11-20-2009, 04:03 AM

Wow, another really stupid Spurmz fan. My english writing sucks but you seriously can't understand this article. No wonder the Spurmz really suck more than usual this year, they have to play and look, hear, smell, think about there stupid ass fans. They don't want to play for there gayass fans from spurstalk so they pretend they half ankel injureys.

I get, you're pretending you don't get it cuz you just want to fire Pop-a-zit. You think you're funny. Well congradulations my pathetic friend you suckseeded. You have posted more laughable shit about your laughable team.

Spurmztalk, don't fire pop cause nobody else will want to work with this old crappy team. Seriously can't expect someone to look at what the fans say about the team and go, "Hey I'd love to run the most petty lame pussy ass organization in basketball"

Jump off a cliff

Laker Nation

Harry Callahan
11-20-2009, 05:39 AM
Wow, another really stupid Spurmz fan. My english writing sucks but you seriously can't understand this article. No wonder the Spurmz really suck more than usual this year, they have to play and look, hear, smell, think about there stupid ass fans. They don't want to play for there gayass fans from spurstalk so they pretend they half ankel injureys.

I get, you're pretending you don't get it cuz you just want to fire Pop-a-zit. You think you're funny. Well congradulations my pathetic friend you suckseeded. You have posted more laughable shit about your laughable team.

Spurmztalk, don't fire pop cause nobody else will want to work with this old crappy team. Seriously can't expect someone to look at what the fans say about the team and go, "Hey I'd love to run the most petty lame pussy ass organization in basketball"

Jump off a cliff

Laker Nation

Why are you here, you front running POS? Your post is as useless as you are. Perhaps you have had a brain injury.

Here's some suggestions for you so you can feel better about youself.

- Learn about sarcasm
- Realize your best player is much much much closer to the end than the beginning with 14 years of wear and tear
- Go into your garage (hopefully you live a place that has one). Open the door of the car and make sure you have the keys. Next, shut the door of the car. Turn around and make sure the garage door is closed. Close your eyes, start the car, and dream about your beloved Lakers while taking a nice restful nap. Trust me, you'll be doing the world a favor.

SpurmzKilla
11-20-2009, 06:38 AM
Why are you here, you front running POS? Your post is as useless as you are. Perhaps you have had a brain injury.

- Learn about sarcasm
- Realize your best player is much much much closer to the end than the beginning with 14 years of wear and tear
- Go into your garage (hopefully you live a place that has one). Open the door of the car and make sure you have the keys. Next, shut the door of the car. Turn around and make sure the garage door is closed. Close your eyes, start the car, and dream about your beloved Lakers while taking a nice restful nap. Trust me, you'll be doing the world a favor.

ok dipshit,
-my whole post is sarcasm. Dumas
-I know KB24 is near the end. I appreciate my team(the true champs) and savor every moment instead of throwing the players and coaches under the bus like you pathetic hissyfitting slits.
you bitches just can't stand that I hold the cracked mirror up to your ugly asses and expose you for the hypocritical fake Spurm that you are.

Looking forward to signing Manu this summer when you idiots let him go. I think he plays ballstothewall and is almost as intense as KB24.
Laker Nation:

Farmar
Kobe
Manu
Lebron
Gasol
Bynum

can't wait to see the horror on your faces when we come fuck you up and stick your shit kicking shoes back in your trash talking mouths. "ooh manu sucks he always injured i hate his national loyalty rar rar rar"
and then he goes to a team that respects him, wants him, and lets him go to town and destroy his old bitchy disrespectful team.

and don't say you haven't been begging to trade the entire team just cause you can't stay over .500 for a day.

Lation Naker, bitches

benefactor
11-20-2009, 06:43 AM
Fabbs will tell us, soon.
Probably not. He is still working on that list of coaches that he promised to Mel_13.

spurspokesman
11-20-2009, 07:23 AM

- Learn about sarcasm
Wow. The kiss of death. I can feel the love in your post
lol

mytespurs
11-20-2009, 09:42 AM
Great article. To those calling for Pops head, if the Spurs let him go because of this record, I know there would be many teams that would scoop him up in a hot second. Heck, the Clippers would be willing to swallow 10mil owed to Dunleavy if they could get a coach like Popovich.

And people, word to the wise, don't feed the troll; ignore it-it will eventually go away.

:toast

I. Hustle
11-20-2009, 10:05 AM
lol @ Doc Rivers being San Antonio's commentator. I remember that.

Fabbs
11-20-2009, 10:10 AM
Probably not. He is still working on that list of coaches that he promised to Mel_13.
http://drakeghazal.files.wordpress.com/2007/10/800px-snickers_opened.jpg

G-Nob
11-20-2009, 10:51 AM
Pop is one of the rare people in this league that has his job as long as he wants it.
The positives always outweigh the negatives with him.

urunobili
11-20-2009, 10:55 AM
AJ barking at this current roster would work better....

xtremesteven33
11-20-2009, 11:24 AM
Fire Pop???!!

hahaha

How is it Pops fault that Manu/Tony MUST play for his country almost every summer?
How is it Pops fault that Duncan is finally showing his age?

I really believe that LUCK has alot to do with a teams success in the NBA. Injuries are the major reason the best team will sometimes never win the championship in the NBA.
If the Spurs cant stay healthy this year it wouldnt be Pops fault.

clubalien
11-20-2009, 11:30 AM

how about jerry sloan. what does everyone think?

FromWayDowntown
11-20-2009, 11:35 AM
I was in the Alamodome that day. Had you told me on 2/28/99 that those Spurs -- basically without any changes in personnel or coaching -- would be champions, I would have laughed.

There are aspects of this start that remind me of that start in 1999. The misguided grumblings of fans about coaching is one of them.

FromWayDowntown
11-20-2009, 11:35 AM

How is Jerry Sloan available? He's employed and not likely to lose his job or leave it.

easjer
11-20-2009, 12:02 PM
How is Jerry Sloan available? He's employed and not likely to lose his job or leave it.

There you go again, FWD. Employing logic and whatnot in the face of emotional ranting.

:lol

sananspursfan21
11-20-2009, 12:06 PM

vinny del negro :lol

Fabbs
11-20-2009, 12:17 PM
Everything is fine with Pop and the Spurs.
http://scottthong.files.wordpress.com/2008/11/iraqiinformationminister.jpg

EmptyMan
11-20-2009, 12:21 PM
Spurs fans get one of the greatest coaches of all time and they talk about firing him.

This forum just makes you think some people don't deserve all the good things the last decade has brought to this franchise. Maybe it'd be better if Pop was fired if his greatness isn't appreciated by the fanbase. I know these fools aren't the majority of the fanbase, in fact I wouldn't even call them fans, but they call themselves fans so what more can I go by? *sigh*

Only on Spurstalk will people bitch you out if you insult Kobe Bryant, a Laker, but then talk with passion about firing Popovich and trading Parker, Ginobili, and Duncan.

Interesting. I don't usually group Greatness in with not fixing the same problems that have plagued your team for multiple seasons now.

wtf do I know though. I don't have a Super-Mega-O.G.-Spurs fan badge on my black and silver vest. It's only December.

ElNono
11-20-2009, 01:02 PM

He's not available...

Spur|n|Austin
11-20-2009, 02:08 PM
Fire Pop???!!

hahaha

How is it Pops fault that Manu/Tony MUST play for his country almost every summer?
How is it Pops fault that Duncan is finally showing his age?

I really believe that LUCK has alot to do with a teams success in the NBA. Injuries are the major reason the best team will sometimes never win the championship in the NBA.
If the Spurs cant stay healthy this year it wouldnt be Pops fault.

Did you not read the article? Jesus.

SA210
11-20-2009, 02:10 PM
To me, it's not about firing Pop. He pisses me off and he's purposely a stubborn son of a bitch, and I think he takes things personal and sticks with something that doesn't work (trying to make it work) JUST because someone questioned him.

I don't want him fired. I just want him the be the old Pop that he used to be. WTF happened to this moron?

spurs10
11-20-2009, 02:16 PM
Great article. After going to the game last night, I, too, was trying to remember where we were in 1999 at this point in the season. Despite the loss,Pop had some encouraging things to say about focusing on "improvements" after the game. A repeat of 99 sounds good to me and is possible with Manu and Tony in the lineup.

Duncan2177
11-20-2009, 02:23 PM

Jump off a cliff

Laker Nation

GTFO here you laker lovin fag nobody wants you here so go fuck yourself you worthless cunt.

FromWayDowntown
11-20-2009, 02:28 PM
To me, it's not about firing Pop. He pisses me off and he's purposely a stubborn son of a bitch, and I think he takes things personal and sticks with something that doesn't work (trying to make it work) JUST because someone questioned him.

I don't want him fired. I just want him the be the old Pop that he used to be. WTF happened to this moron?

I'm not sure that stubborn is the right word to describe Pop; he's consistent and he's loyal to the tenets of that philosophy. The same thing could be said of Jerry Sloan or Phil Jackson. Of course, he has some idea what it takes to win and stays true to that philosophy. Among other things, that philosophy tells him that worrying about the team's record in October and November isn't usually the best route to long-term success.

Nevertheless, if you look at Pop's career in full, it's quite clear that he's changed (and pretty dramatically in some ways) since he first assumed the helm in San Antonio. The absolutely-rigid, won't tolerate mistakes, and will always stick with defensive players over offensive players guy who coached the Spurs before 2003 has become a respects-the-effort, can live with mistakes made at full speed, and understands the need for offense guy who's here now.

lurker23
11-20-2009, 03:24 PM
Great article. I'm glad the local media is willing to provide a history lesson every once in a while, since a portion of the fan-base has the memory of goldfish.

Flux451
11-20-2009, 03:34 PM
good piece.

i think Pop is doing a great job. It is a tough position to be in right now. I am glad he went back to Bogans for defensive intensity. Hairston getting PT was appreciated and now the tinkering must resume. I think bringing in Blair before bonner is a good idea if our offensive is sound. Jefferson needs to get more touches, run some plays for him. He is a force that needs to reckoned. We need a legit third pg...please

ffadicted
11-20-2009, 03:38 PM
Fire Pop, trade Duncan Gino Jefferson and Parker for cap space, tank the season for #1 pick, sign lebron wade and bosh in the summer, draft john wall, win 5 championships in the next 6 years

Amirite or Amirite? :hat

lefty
11-20-2009, 03:41 PM
Fire Pop!

Trade Parker!

Waive Finley!

Keep Bonner !

Fabbs
11-20-2009, 04:03 PM
I'm not sure that stubborn is the right word to describe Pop; he's consistent and he's loyal to the tenets of that philosophy. The same thing could be said of Jerry Sloan or Phil Jackson. Of course, he has some idea what it takes to win and stays true to that philosophy.
How on earth does the continued giving of large minutes to Finley play into any sort of winning philosophy? And Popped has abandoned his defensive philosophy.

Phil Jackson and Sloan must privately laugh at the notion of trying to remain an NBA elite team with Findawg as your SF and oftentimes in PopBall PF.

I sincerely ask, please do explain.

Tp9gospursgo
11-20-2009, 04:05 PM
I really hope Pop doesnt get fired. He hasn't been given enough time to figure out the team. He's had 7 different starting lineups in 10 games. I say we we will have a good streak after we beat the Wizards.

SA210
11-20-2009, 05:33 PM
How on earth does the continued giving of large minutes to Finley play into any sort of winning philosophy? And Popped has abandoned his defensive philosophy.

Phil Jackson and Sloan must privately laugh at the notion of trying to remain an NBA elite team with Findawg as your SF and oftentimes in PopBall PF.

Exactly

EricB
11-20-2009, 06:52 PM
I can't wait till some idiot replaces pop and fucktards like 210 will be shaking their head wishing he was back.

Höfner
11-20-2009, 06:59 PM
Firing Pop would definitely fix our injury problems.

lurker23
11-20-2009, 07:47 PM
It would fix our starting lineup and chemistry problems.

How would a new coach fix our chemistry issues? The only thing that will improve chemistry is more time on the court together; that will come eventually, but Pop can't be blamed for early injuries or for trying many different rotations early on to see what works. Besides, if Pop followed the consensus Spurstalk ideas (take all of Finley's and Bonner's minutes and give them to Hairston and Blair), the chemistry would be even worse than it is now.

Sisk
11-20-2009, 07:53 PM

Jump off a cliff

Laker Nation

i understand forum flaming
i understand trolling

but why do the moderators allow trash like this to be posted? it's obnoxious

MaNu4Tres
11-20-2009, 07:57 PM
Chemistry and players understanding their roles and assignments is the key. The longer Pop plays with rotations and the longer the bench is, the longer chemistry will take.

Pop needs to stop playing with the lineups and stop using a 12 man rotation. If he wants to keep a 12 man rotation to prolong his players health ( which isn't working), then he needs to just sit players out for some games ( instead of just playing every bench player we have for 8-12 minutes.)

This would give our role players more time with our main foundation ( Tim, Tony, Manu, RJ, Hill, McDyess) game to game. And in the longrun Pop would have a better sample size in a per game basis to evaluate who deserves the time in late February going on forward.

jag
11-20-2009, 08:24 PM
I can't wait till some idiot replaces pop and fucktards like 210 will be shaking their head wishing he was back.

Yep. That faggot still thinks Bruce is coming back.

FromWayDowntown
11-21-2009, 08:02 AM
How on earth does the continued giving of large minutes to Finley play into any sort of winning philosophy?

That's an interesting use of misleading facts. In the games before Manu hurt his hamstring against OKC, Finley's minutes were dwindling noticeably -- all the way down to about 13-14 minutes per game. I'm not sure when 13-14 minutes became "large minutes."

I'm also not sure where Pop goes wrong by giving minutes to Finley when both Parker and Ginobili are out. I'm sure you'll tell me that any option would be preferable to Finley, but I can't imagine that would be provable in any way.

pjjrfan
11-21-2009, 11:28 AM
Chemistry and players understanding their roles and assignments is the key. The longer Pop plays with rotations and the longer the bench is, the longer chemistry will take.

Pop needs to stop playing with the lineups and stop using a 12 man rotation. If he wants to keep a 12 man rotation to prolong his players health ( which isn't working), then he needs to just sit players out for some games ( instead of just playing every bench player we have for 8-12 minutes.)

This would give our role players more time with our main foundation ( Tim, Tony, Manu, RJ, Hill, McDyess) game to game. And in the longrun Pop would have a better sample size in a per game basis to evaluate who deserves the time in late February going on forward.
couldn't have said it better. I know he is playing Jefferson, Duncan and Hill a lot but everyone else is caught in a rotatiing door nightmare. I felt bad for Hairston because he came in and struggled the fact that everyone struggled is probably what got his a second chance against the Jazz. Mason at the point is ridiculous, but what else is there, in the past Pop has brought in FA familiar with the system and used them right away, this Mason experiement is Pop's frankenstien fiasco. Jefferson has been a major dissappointment, Hill has impressed and Tim has lost his footwork and that's not a good sign. Blair will soon join the list of players whom Pop has messed up in the head, Beno, Mason, Bonner and Thomas. Tony's saving grace was that in 03 Speedy went down with a shoulder injury and Pop was forced to back off Tony who up to that point had been berated and humilliated to no end by Pop. I still think if Speedy hadn't gotten injured Pop would have given him the starters job over Tony and really messed him up.

Still, as far wanting to win I have never questioned Pop, he has consistently provided the fire that has sparked this team to win it all, I think perhaps he is starting to look for someone else to do it in Manu he had some help and Elie was brought in mainly for that fire, but now I don't know.

Höfner
11-21-2009, 11:28 AM
Yep. That faggot still thinks Bruce is coming back.

How else could we win a title?

We've never beat a favored and stacked Lakers team with a more athletic Kobe and a less athletic defender than Bruce.

Fabbs
11-23-2009, 10:03 AM
Originally Posted by Fabbs

How on earth does the continued giving of large minutes to Finley play into any sort of winning philosophy?

That's an interesting use of misleading facts. In the games before Manu hurt his hamstring against OKC, Finley's minutes were dwindling noticeably -- all the way down to about 13-14 minutes per game. I'm not sure when 13-14 minutes became "large minutes."

I'm also not sure where Pop goes wrong by giving minutes to Finley when both Parker and Ginobili are out. I'm sure you'll tell me that any option would be preferable to Finley, but I can't imagine that would be provable in any way.
Is this an interesting use of misleading facts?
minutes/results
33 loss Dallas
28 loss Chicago
23 loss Utah
17 loss Utah
17 loss OKc

21 win New Orl

In the games before Manu hurt his hamstring against OKC, Finley's minutes were dwindling noticeably -- all the way down to about 13-14 minutes per game. I'm not sure when 13-14 minutes became "large minutes."
:lmao Finley had one game whereupon Popped played him 7 minutes -oh by the way a win in which Blair started and played 20 minutes. Vs Dallas no less. It's the only game this season that he has played less then 14 minutes. Stop fabricating some 13-14 minute "average" off some 3 game sample.

SpursPreacher
11-23-2009, 10:16 AM

I bet sloan kill for those rings pop has since sloan hasnt touched one.

Fabbs
11-23-2009, 10:29 AM
:lol Nice comeback, Sparky.

I'm sure about every coach would kill to have 3-4 prime HOFs on their roster at any given time.

SA210
11-23-2009, 10:32 AM
Originally Posted by Fabbs

Is this an interesting use of misleading facts?
minutes/results
33 loss Dallas
28 loss Chicago
23 loss Utah
17 loss Utah
17 loss OKc

21 win New Orl

:lmao Finley had one game whereupon Popped played him 7 minutes -oh by the way a win in which Blair started and played 20 minutes. Vs Dallas no less. It's the only game this season that he has played less then 14 minutes. Stop fabricating some 13-14 minute "average" off some 3 game sample.

:lmao yup

SA210
11-23-2009, 10:32 AM
How else could we win a title?

We've never beat a favored and stacked Lakers team with a more athletic Kobe and a less athletic defender than Bruce.

:tu

SA210
11-23-2009, 10:37 AM

Moron, if you cared to use your lazy ass and get off your damn Ferris wheel to actually read everything, you'd have read that I am not for firing Pop, I just want the old Pop back. And yes he does suck right now, and has for a few years for selling out and changing his philosophy from defense first.

Will you be a brown-noser for the rest of your life? How does it feel to kiss ass so much, knowing that you live every minute of your day that way? It must really suck trying to impress people with it. Seriously, I must know. What is it like to always kiss ass just to find out that no one actually cares in the end?

TheManFromAcme
11-23-2009, 10:46 AM
Good article and definitely read between the lines what the article was trying to convey.

Sometimes fans don't realize what they have or had until the fat lady sings.

Pop put the Spurs on the map and is part of the equation as to why the Spurs were/are one of the greatest sports franchises. It's not just R.C., Holt and the board. Without Pop, the Spurs would be another version of the Jazz.

Pop = HOF coach and I personally have always liked his style.

duhoh
11-23-2009, 12:16 PM
Maybe JVG...

very funny retardation :lmao

Spursmania
11-23-2009, 12:36 PM
This article is actually really really really good. It's one of the best out of San Antonio media that I've read in a lonnng time. I think that's because of the situation that the Spurs are in that makes it so great.

I beg of each of you posting in this thread that are clueless, read the entire article, slowly, and more than once, if you have to.

+1:toast

easjer
11-23-2009, 12:51 PM
Until the new players have some sense of the flow and players like McDyess are really warmed up and in playing shape, and until the big three aren't out with injuries, you are going to have rotation nightmares. You HAVE to have rotation issues at first, while you get some sense of how combinations work. Once that is figured out (and to have it figured out in less than ten games, when the main players have ALL been injured is laughable), then the rotation will settle down.

My God, what don't you people understand about how the Spurs work, or better yet, about how basketball works. You find the best chemistry and the winning combination by trying them out. Not by forcing people onto the court and insisting it magically work. Worry when we are a quarter of a way through the season. Worry in February when there is no sign of a set rotation.

But right now is not a big time to worry.

rjv
11-23-2009, 02:00 PM
people who want pop fired are idiots. period.

LOL@MavsFan
11-23-2009, 02:12 PM

AJ? haha :lol

LOL@MavsFan
11-23-2009, 02:13 PM
Until the new players have some sense of the flow and players like McDyess are really warmed up and in playing shape, and until the big three aren't out with injuries, you are going to have rotation nightmares. You HAVE to have rotation issues at first, while you get some sense of how combinations work. Once that is figured out (and to have it figured out in less than ten games, when the main players have ALL been injured is laughable), then the rotation will settle down.

My God, what don't you people understand about how the Spurs work, or better yet, about how basketball works. You find the best chemistry and the winning combination by trying them out. Not by forcing people onto the court and insisting it magically work. Worry when we are a quarter of a way through the season. Worry in February when there is no sign of a set rotation.

But right now is not a big time to worry.
:toast
One of the best posts I've read all day...I love those Spurs "fans" that are ready to fire Pop and mail in the season 10 games into an 82 game season

LOL @ Spurs "fans":ihit