PDA

View Full Version : Duncan has to start as center

carib
11-20-2009, 07:24 AM
The Spurs just don't have a better player for the job, we have Forwards but not a center.

BG_Spurs_Fan
11-20-2009, 07:24 AM
Insightful.

exstatic
11-20-2009, 07:59 AM
What the fuck difference does it make if we start a center at forward and a forward at center or a center at center and a forward at forward?

Chieflion
11-20-2009, 08:35 AM
What the fuck difference does it make if we start a center at forward and a forward at center or a center at center and a forward at forward?
Oh, he is just afraid of the positions being mesed up and Pop giving his players the mindfuck.

Spursfan 87
11-20-2009, 08:38 AM
I'm sure that all he knows about basketball is because of NBA live Or 2K

Dice
11-20-2009, 09:00 AM
A center isn't the problem. Tim and dice both play very respectable interior D. where they get killed is on penetration inot the lane and screen and roll plays where they get no help from our guards. Penetration by the opposing teams guards is the fault of our guards to begin with. The only way to fix that is to get better perimeter defenders OR to tightened up on overall team defense.

I believe the more the team plays together, and only one all the key components are healthy, the overall defense will be pretty good and this team will start winning a lot of games.

SpurNation
11-20-2009, 09:25 AM
A center isn't the problem. Tim and dice both play very respectable interior D. where they get killed is on penetration inot the lane and screen and roll plays where they get no help from our guards. Penetration by the opposing teams guards is the fault of our guards to begin with. The only way to fix that is to get better perimeter defenders OR to tightened up on overall team defense.

I believe the more the team plays together, and only one all the key components are healthy, the overall defense will be pretty good and this team will start winning a lot of games.

To a degree...This.

However. In the few games I've been able to watch and the two games I've attended, the bigs are colapsing too much to the strong side of penetration thus leaving easy or very little abstructed lanes on the weak side for the opponent to take advantage. This being done even IF our guards/wings are not getting beat.

I'm not sure why this is the case...poor judgement/planned/or just the athletic inability of our bigs to re-establish position once committing to strong side help.