PDA

View Full Version : Unbelievable! (A Message to Sheep).

Parker2112
11-20-2009, 12:34 PM
I just can't believe the responses on this board...everything from fire Pop, to trade Parker, to tank the season. Let's slow down and think about this for a sec, shall we?

FIRST:
The slow start is BY DESIGN. Pop held out TP and TD from substantial parts of training camp in order to extend their summer. He did this knowing that it would affect their early play. He expected them to play their way into shape. This is the a major factor behind the slow start. Remember, sheep, we play for June not November.

SECOND.
What we are seeing is the downside to major roster changes. Lack of cohesion is a major reason we struggled early. Pop is just settling in on his rotations. Pop is still continuously tweaking his gameplan to incorporate RJ. New possibilities become apparent with each passing game. That is the nature of the game...POUNDING THE ROCK! REMEMBER THE LINE, SHEEP?

Erratic spoiled fans fail to see the big picture: We are at or near our lowest possible rate of effectiveness right now and we are one win away from .500. WE HAVE HUGE UPSIDE PEOPLE!

THIRD:
You guys can be the most spoiled herd of "what did you do for me last night?" fans I have ever witnessed. This knee-jerk reaction would be fitting in Minnesota or in Clippers land, but it is hardly befitting of the fans of the most winning franchise in the league over the last 10+ seasons.

You sheep need to temper your disappointment with the big picture. Really.

Sancha
11-20-2009, 12:36 PM
I thought this thread was about TlongII

Spursfan092120
11-20-2009, 12:36 PM
Non-issue

Muser
11-20-2009, 12:39 PM
You've made a new thread to say what's been said hundreds of times already.Congrats.

Chomag
11-20-2009, 12:50 PM
Between the cliff jumpers and the homers... Gotta love this place!

easy7
11-20-2009, 12:53 PM
Baaaaaaaa, baaaaaaa... :hat

Parker2112
11-20-2009, 01:02 PM
Baaaaaaaa, baaaaaaa... :hat

:lol

TJastal
11-20-2009, 01:03 PM
I just can't believe the responses on this board...everything from fire Pop, to trade Parker, to tank the season. Let's slow down and think about this for a sec, shall we?

FIRST:
The slow start is BY DESIGN. Pop held out TP and TD from substantial parts of training camp in order to extend their summer. He did this knowing that it would affect their early play. He expected them to play their way into shape. This is the a major factor behind the slow start. Remember, sheep, we play for June not November.

SECOND.
What we are seeing is the downside to major roster changes. Lack of cohesion is a major reason we struggled early. Pop is just settling in on his rotations. Pop is still continuously tweaking his gameplan to incorporate RJ. New possibilities become apparent with each passing game. That is the nature of the game...POUNDING THE ROCK! REMEMBER THE LINE, SHEEP?

Erratic spoiled fans fail to see the big picture: We are at or near our lowest possible rate of effectiveness right now and we are one win away from .500. WE HAVE HUGE UPSIDE PEOPLE!

THIRD:
You guys can be the most spoiled herd of "what did you do for me last night?" fans I have ever witnessed. This knee-jerk reaction would be fitting in Minnesota or in Clippers land, but it is hardly befitting of the fans of the most winning franchise in the league over the last 10+ seasons.

Good take and I would agree with you but for the fact that Popovich's constant "tinkering" with lineups and the fact that it took him this long to figure out Finley and Bonner aren't starters has gotten the spurs into an early hole they didn't need to be in.

In fact, it appears to me that the early injury bugs that have bitten this team in the ass are because of the bonehead decisions Popovich has made so far.

Parker2112
11-20-2009, 01:05 PM
You've made a new thread to say what's been said hundreds of times already.Congrats.

I haven't noticed many people referring back to these training camp decisions when they rail on their "favorite team."

I am simply trying to put this 4-6 start in perspective, not just call out the sheep. They will always be there. It may help them to learn their true status though...

Parker2112
11-20-2009, 01:09 PM
Good take and I would agree with you but for the fact that Popovich's constant "tinkering" with lineups and the fact that it took him this long to figure out Finley and Bonner aren't starters has gotten the spurs into an early hole they didn't need to be in.

In fact, it appears to me that the early injury bugs that have bitten this team in the ass are because of the bonehead decisions Popovich has made so far.

I agree. But if you think about it, if Pop were to do anything hastily (like make RJ the #1 option) he stands to mess up a good thing. I think he is trying to do things the right way, not the knee-jerk way. Thus, the tinkering and the slow changes are maybe better than more abrupt changes which might risk our team's success altogether.

When your steering a massive ship, you don't make any hard right turns...

TDMVPDPOY
11-20-2009, 01:16 PM
this has been covered after every spurs game loss....

get use to it or there be no traffic on these boards....

Parker2112
11-20-2009, 02:04 PM
this has been covered after every spurs game loss....

get use to it or there be no traffic on these boards....

By your own logic, get used to this type of thread as well, after every "meltdown" get AI, fire pop, trade TP thread :toast

WildcardManu
11-20-2009, 02:33 PM
:lol That's what happens when you have weak minded fans who can't take a loss.

Sobe_Kucks
11-20-2009, 03:53 PM
http://i252.photobucket.com/albums/hh24/kimble02/All-is-well.jpg

lefty
11-20-2009, 03:55 PM

FIRST:

SECOND.

THIRD:

You could have posted that in "the Official Meltdown Thread", instead of starting a new topic

SouthTexasRancher
11-20-2009, 04:05 PM

:lol good one!

SouthTexasRancher
11-20-2009, 04:09 PM
I haven't noticed many people referring back to these training camp decisions when they rail on their "favorite team."

I am simply trying to put this 4-6 start in perspective, not just call out the sheep. They will always be there. It may help them to learn their true status though...

Pop's teams almost always start slow. Go back and see where we stood in the 1999 season when we won our first title. There is absolutely no need to panic. We have too many good bball players on this team. If we are still playing like this in May then we can all join hands in a group panic! :toast