PDA

View Full Version : TWS:Four Key Facts about the Costs of Harry Reid's Health Care Bill

spursncowboys
11-20-2009, 01:11 PM
Four Key Facts about the Costs of Harry Reid's Health Care Bill

Here are four key facts about the costs of the Democrats' 2,074-page Senate health bill:

1. According to the CBO, only 1 percent of the bill's costs would kick in prior to the fifth year of its alleged "first ten years" (2010 to 2019). Starting in 2014, 99 percent of the bill's costs would hit -- meaning that the bill's true first 10 years are from 2014 to 2023. Before then, it wouldn't really take effect.

2. In the bills' real first decade (2014-23), it would cost $1.8 trillion, raise Americans' taxes by $892 billion, and siphon $802 billion out of already barely-solvent Medicare to spend elsewhere -- according to CBO projections.

3. According to CBO projections, in the bill's real first decade (2014-23), it would do one of two things: It would either cut doctors' pay under Medicare by $431 billion (as it claims it would but as nobody believes it would), or it would raise United States deficits by $286 billion

4. So, if the bill doesn't follow through on its pledge to cut doctors' pay by a drastic 23 percent under Medicare and never raise it back up, it would violate President Obama's very public and very emphatic pledge in his Sept. 9 speech to the joint-session of Congress that he would "not sign" any bill that "adds one dime to the deficit, now or in the future, period." This bill would raise deficits by $2.86 trillion dimes. Read my lips, what?

http://www.weeklystandard.com/weblogs/TWSFP/2009/11/four_key_facts_about_the_costs.asp

George Gervin's Afro
11-20-2009, 01:13 PM
Four Key Facts about the Costs of Harry Reid's Health Care Bill

Here are four key facts about the costs of the Democrats' 2,074-page Senate health bill:

1. According to the CBO, only 1 percent of the bill's costs would kick in prior to the fifth year of its alleged "first ten years" (2010 to 2019). Starting in 2014, 99 percent of the bill's costs would hit -- meaning that the bill's true first 10 years are from 2014 to 2023. Before then, it wouldn't really take effect.

2. In the bills' real first decade (2014-23), it would cost $1.8 trillion, raise Americans' taxes by $892 billion, and siphon $802 billion out of already barely-solvent Medicare to spend elsewhere -- according to CBO projections.

3. According to CBO projections, in the bill's real first decade (2014-23), it would do one of two things: It would either cut doctors' pay under Medicare by $431 billion (as it claims it would but as nobody believes it would), or it would raise United States deficits by $286 billion

4. So, if the bill doesn't follow through on its pledge to cut doctors' pay by a drastic 23 percent under Medicare and never raise it back up, it would violate President Obama's very public and very emphatic pledge in his Sept. 9 speech to the joint-session of Congress that he would "not sign" any bill that "adds one dime to the deficit, now or in the future, period." This bill would raise deficits by $2.86 trillion dimes. Read my lips, what?

http://www.weeklystandard.com/weblogs/TWSFP/2009/11/four_key_facts_about_the_costs.asp

so how can you have facts when they are referencing projections?

George Gervin's Afro
11-20-2009, 01:14 PM
so we have projections based on the projections... got it.

Wild Cobra
11-20-2009, 01:14 PM
so how can you have facts when they are referencing projections?
This is their plan. Tax for 10 years for 5 or 6 years of coverage.

It's an intentional deception to make the numbers acceptable.

George Gervin's Afro
11-20-2009, 01:18 PM
This is their plan. Tax for 10 years for 5 or 6 years of coverage.

It's an intentional deception to make the numbers acceptable.

I would assume you could provide proof that it's intentionally deceptive.. to make this claim I would assume you could prove it.

Wild Cobra
11-20-2009, 01:21 PM
I would assume you could provide proof that it's intentionally deceptive.. to make this claim I would assume you could prove it.
Just read the latest bill.

George Gervin's Afro
11-20-2009, 01:23 PM
Just read the latest bill.

I guess we can take your word for it.

jack sommerset
11-20-2009, 03:34 PM
Is Harry Reid even going to keep his seat next election?

iggypop123
11-20-2009, 08:27 PM
so them saying no cold derail it. i wonder if this is news