PDA

View Full Version : Beginning sentence of Palin's book

spursncowboys
11-20-2009, 01:36 PM
“The apartment was small, with slanting floors and irregular heat and a buzzer downstairs that didn’t work, so that visitors had to call ahead from a pay phone at the corner gas station, where a black Doberman the size of a wolf paced through the night in vigilant patrol, its jaws clamped around an empty beer bottle.”

clambake
11-20-2009, 01:38 PM
she had to put out the red light.

Spurminator
11-20-2009, 01:43 PM
I thought it was going to be "It was a dark and stormy night."

clambake
11-20-2009, 01:43 PM
"it was sultry".

FromWayDowntown
11-20-2009, 01:45 PM
Hmmm, "rogue," "maverick," and "Wasilla" are all conspicuously missing.

Maybe she's describing Joe Sixpack's digs.

clambake
11-20-2009, 01:55 PM
chapter 2: "I was naked, in bed with Muck Muck, when I decided that other girls should be abstinent."

Wild Cobra
11-20-2009, 02:01 PM
“The apartment was small, with slanting floors and irregular heat and a buzzer downstairs that didn’t work, so that visitors had to call ahead from a pay phone at the corner gas station, where a black Doberman the size of a wolf paced through the night in vigilant patrol, its jaws clamped around an empty beer bottle.”
Actually, preface:

Dedicated to all Patriots who share my love of the United States of America. And particularly to our women and men in uniform, past and present - God bless the fight for freedom.

first sentence chapter one:

It was the Alaska State Fair, August 2008.

Wild Cobra
11-20-2009, 02:03 PM
chapter 2: "I was naked, in bed with Muck Muck, when I decided that other girls should be abstinent."
Wow... You have some twisted fantasies...

First sentence Chapter 2:

When I first got into Wasilla city politics, I wasn't even sure how to pronounce the mayor's name.

spursncowboys
11-20-2009, 02:04 PM
Palinophobes Hate First, Ask Questions Later
Sarah Palin is neither savior nor satanic.

By Jonah Goldberg

Slate magazine is just one of the countless media outlets convulsing with St. Vitus’ Dance over that demonic succubus Sarah Palin. In its reader forum, The Fray, one supposed Palinophobe took dead aim at the former Alaska governor’s writing chops, excerpting the following sentence from her book:

Other readers pounced like wolf-sized Dobermans on an intruder. One guffawed, “That sentence by Sarah Palin could be entered into the annual Bulwer-Lytton bad writing contest. It could have a chance at winning a (sic) honorable mention, at any rate.”

But soon, the original contributor confessed: “I probably should have mentioned that the sentence quoted above was not written by Sarah Palin. It’s taken from the first paragraph of ‘Dreams From My Father,’ written by Barack Obama.”

The ruse should have been allowed to fester longer, but the point was made nonetheless: Some people hate Palin first and ask questions later.

My all-time favorite response to John McCain’s selection of Palin as his running mate was from Wendy Doniger, a feminist professor of religion at the University of Chicago. Professor Doniger wrote of the exceedingly feminine “hockey mom” with five children: “Her greatest hypocrisy is in her pretense that she is a woman.”

The best part about that sentence: Doniger uses the pronoun “her” — twice.

Just this week, a liberal blogger at The Atlantic who has dedicated an unhealthy amount of his life to proving a one-man birther conspiracy theory about Palin’s youngest child (it’s both too slanderous and too deranged to detail here) shut down his blog to cope with the epochal, existential crisis that Palin’s book presents to all humankind. The un-self-consciously parodic announcement seemed more appropriate for a BBC warning that the German blitz was about to begin, God Help Us All.

Indeed, some of us will always be sympathetic to Mrs. Palin if for nothing else than her enemies. The bile she extracts from her critics is almost like a dye marker, illuminating deep pockets of asininity that heretofore were either unnoticed or underappreciated.

In fairness, just as there are people who hate Palin for the effrontery she shows in daring to draw breath at all, there are those who love her with a devotion better suited for a religious icon.

I hear from both camps, often. And while I don’t think both sides are equally wrong (after all, the acolytes of the Doniger school openly reject reality more than any so-called creationist), I don’t think either position is laudable or sufficient.

Sarah Palin is neither savior (that job has been taken by the current president, or didn’t you know?) nor is she satanic. She is a politician, a species of human like the rest of us.

I’m fairly certain that if you read many of her public-policy positions but concealed her byline, many of her worst enemies would say “that sounds about right,” and some of her biggest fans would say “that sounds crazy.” But most people would say that her views are perfectly within the mainstream of American politics. She may be more religious than coastal elites in the lower 48, but that is something some bigots need to get over, anyway.

I’m happy about the books she’s selling thanks to the controversy over her, but that doesn’t mean I think these controversies are justified. Palin holds no public office and, as of yet, is not running for one. But the Associated Press assigned eleven reporters to “fact-check” her book, while doing nothing like that to fact-check then-candidate Obama’s or current Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid’s no doubt riveting book.

As it stands, my sense is that Palin is good for the Republican party but not necessarily great. She generates enthusiasm among, and donations from, the base. But she also turns off many of the people the GOP needs to persuade and attract. That could change with this book tour, and I hope it does. Whether she’s ready or qualified for the presidency is another matter. But the presidency is a long way off, and besides, that’s what primaries are for.

— Jonah Goldberg is editor-at-large of National Review Online and the author of Liberal Fascism: The Secret History of the American Left from Mussolini to the Politics of Meaning (http://www.nationalreview.com/redirect/amazon.p?j=0385511841). © 2009 Tribune Media Services, Inc.

angel_luv
11-20-2009, 02:12 PM

Wow talk about a run on sentence.

spursncowboys
11-20-2009, 02:16 PM

Do you have it? How is it?

spursncowboys
11-20-2009, 02:20 PM
Oprahs ratings with Palin were the highest in years. The Hannity show with her was the highest watched news program.

Crookshanks
11-20-2009, 02:46 PM
And Mark Levin was told he could be nominated for a Marconi Award for his interview with Sarah Palin.

Cry Havoc
11-20-2009, 03:20 PM
Oprahs ratings with Palin were the highest in years. The Hannity show with her was the highest watched news program.

Jerry Springer had some pretty high ratings for years there too.

People will turn out en masse to watch a circus, especially if it's hyped. See: Pro wrestling.

jack sommerset
11-20-2009, 03:31 PM
5th thread on her book. haha

ChumpDumper
11-20-2009, 03:40 PM
So Snc starts another thread with a another lie.

whottt
11-20-2009, 03:41 PM
SnC bad choice of words on the title...from the main page it looks like our girl is going to jail.

whottt
11-20-2009, 03:42 PM

Hey, at least he's not going after the infants and little girls anymore.

clambake
11-20-2009, 03:47 PM
i saw her get out of her tour bus, and guess what..........

boutons_deux
11-20-2009, 03:49 PM
she didn't, she couldn't write that sentence.

Ghost Busted!

clambake
11-20-2009, 03:57 PM
yep, i'm no expert but....i'd guess the best way to treat a special needs child is to drag it from town to town, in a bus, inhaling exhaust fumes from every state.

poor little thing probably knows that when the wheels stop turning, it's SHOWTIME!

lefty
11-20-2009, 04:08 PM
Chapter 3: " I was 15 when I was told Santa wasn't real; I was devastated; oh well, at least there is the Grinch " "

Crookshanks
11-20-2009, 04:08 PM
yep, i'm no expert

You should've stopped right there. That's says it all about you.

clambake
11-20-2009, 04:10 PM
your just mean.

spursncowboys
11-20-2009, 04:25 PM
So Snc starts another thread with a another lie.

Yeah the truth is Bill Ayers, I mean Barack Hussein Obama wrote that magnificent piece of literature.

clambake
11-20-2009, 04:27 PM
Yeah the truth is Bill Ayers, I mean Barack Hussein Obama wrote that magnificent piece of literature.

how did you like that book?

spursncowboys
11-20-2009, 04:28 PM
how did you like that book?

I don't read books from people who accomplished nothing except getting elected. I also don't read books by terrorists, in case Ayers is the author.

clambake
11-20-2009, 04:33 PM
you seem upset. need some cream?

oh, i forgot how you started throwing around the fag innuendo in the other thread.

you certainly need cream.

spursncowboys
11-20-2009, 04:36 PM
you seem upset. need some cream?

oh, i forgot how you started throwing around the fag innuendo in the other thread.

you certainly need cream.

I didn't make a gay innuendo.

clambake
11-20-2009, 04:43 PM
I didn't make a gay innuendo.

sure you did.

Crookshanks
11-20-2009, 04:52 PM
your just mean.

your just mean _______?

Oh - you meant you're just mean

Nah - I just don't get this fascination you have with Trig's welfare.

clambake
11-20-2009, 04:54 PM
your just mean _______?

Oh - you meant you're just mean

Nah - I just don't get this fascination you have with Trig's welfare.

thanks for the spell check.

...and who's trig?

Crookshanks
11-20-2009, 04:58 PM
thanks for the spell check.

...and who's trig?
Sarah Palin's baby - you know - the one you're so concerned about. :lol

ChumpDumper
11-20-2009, 04:58 PM
I don't read books from people who accomplished nothing except getting elected. I also don't read books by terrorists, in case Ayers is the author.How would you know Ayers is the author unless you read his writings?

clambake
11-20-2009, 04:59 PM
Sarah Palin's baby - you know - the one you're so concerned about. :lol

:lol i know you're on to me. this whole schtick is for whottt.

Oh, Gee!!
11-20-2009, 05:27 PM
I don't read books from people who accomplished nothing except getting elected.

what about books by people who get elected and quit halfway through term? is it okay to read their books?

Cry Havoc
11-20-2009, 05:42 PM

Stop being such a fag.

Crookshanks
11-20-2009, 05:46 PM
Stop being such a fag.

Wait, wait, wait - I've been told we're not supposed to use that word. Didn't you get the memo?

Ignignokt
11-20-2009, 06:46 PM
Stop being such a fag.

You can't tell Rufus Wainwright what to do mister!

Cry Havoc
11-20-2009, 08:12 PM
At least Ignignokt caught the humor.

Wild Cobra
11-20-2009, 08:34 PM
Do you have it? How is it?
Yes, I bought it Wednesday. I haven't read much of it yet, but it's real good so far.

I also bought "The Plan" and "Star Trek" on DVD.

admiralsnackbar
11-20-2009, 08:40 PM
I don't read books from people who accomplished nothing except getting elected. I also don't read books by terrorists, in case Ayers is the author.

So is it safe to say you'll be skipping Palin's book?

clambake
11-20-2009, 08:42 PM
Yes, I bought it Wednesday. I haven't read much of it yet, but it's real good so far.

:lmao

rjv
11-20-2009, 09:21 PM
so in the next chapter she gets into a helicopter and shoots down the wolf doberman creature that lived in her ghetto.

whottt
11-20-2009, 09:22 PM
:lol i know you're on to me. this whole schtick is for whottt.

Yeah except for the fact I was nowhere in that other thread when you went after the baby. Don't try to play it off as just messing with me. You went after the infant kid to get to the mother. That is the level of your political partisanship. That it is ok to do that.

Cry Havoc
11-20-2009, 11:05 PM
A8mAZhOJIfI

Sarah quits and leaves her book signing early. Poor girl. Writing her name over and over just has to be exhausting.

Wild Cobra
11-20-2009, 11:21 PM
A8mAZhOJIfI

Sarah quits and leaves her book signing early. Poor girl. Writing her name over and over just has to be exhausting.
She was already signing books from 5:30 to 9:00 PM. Shit happens. Guess they should have gotten there sooner.

ChumpDumper
11-20-2009, 11:28 PM
She was already signing books from 5:30 to 9:00 PM. Shit happens. Guess they should have gotten there sooner."We gave up our entire workday, stayed in the cold. My kids were crying," said one man. "They went home with my wife. She was out here in the freezing cold all day. I feel like I don't want to support Sarah."

http://www.theindychannel.com/news/21668893/detail.html

How much sooner do you think they should have gotten there?

And :lol at the dude's support depending on an autograph.

Cry Havoc
11-20-2009, 11:28 PM
She was already signing books from 5:30 to 9:00 PM. Shit happens. Guess they should have gotten there sooner.

I guess waiting in line for 3 hours isn't enough. It's their fault that they didn't wait in line for 6, 7, or 10 hours, not Palin's fault that she can't even handle a book signing.

And we're supposed to take this woman seriously? Come on, WC, you aren't that dense.

clambake
11-20-2009, 11:29 PM
Yeah except for the fact I was nowhere in that other thread when you went after the baby.
i was calling for you. thanks for coming. it was very amusing.

Don't try to play it off as just messing with me.
i'm not playing. it was deliberate.

You went after the infant kid to get to the mother. That is the level of your political partisanship. That it is ok to do that.
mom treats him like a prop. i'm shocked that you support that.

clambake
11-20-2009, 11:54 PM
NOBLESVILLE, Ind. -- Former vice presidential candidate Sarah Palin was met by a cheering crowd of more than 1,000 people when she arrived in Noblesville Thursday night, but not everyone left happy.
Palin stepped off her tour bus, holding her youngest son, Trig, just after 5:30 p.m. at the Borders store at Hamilton Town Center, 6News' Rick Hightower reported.

well.........looky there whottt.

spursncowboys
11-21-2009, 12:14 AM

I guess waiting in line for 3 hours isn't enough. It's their fault that they didn't wait in line for 6, 7, or 10 hours, not Palin's fault that she can't even handle a book signing.

And we're supposed to take this woman seriously? Come on, WC, you aren't that dense.

So she should not be taken seriously bcuz she only spent an entire day signing autographs? :lol

ChumpDumper
11-21-2009, 12:19 AM
So she should not be taken seriously bcuz she only spent an entire day signing autographs? :lolAsk this dude:

"We gave up our entire workday, stayed in the cold. My kids were crying," said one man. "They went home with my wife. She was out here in the freezing cold all day. I feel like I don't want to support Sarah."

spursncowboys
11-21-2009, 12:19 AM
what about books by people who get elected and quit halfway through term? is it okay to read their books?

is it ok to be running for reelection in the Senate knowing you are going to run for President? Or not retiring from the senate because you are running for president?

ChumpDumper
11-21-2009, 12:20 AM
is it ok to be running for reelection in the Senate knowing you are going to run for President? Or not retiring from the senate because you are running for president?Yes.

spursncowboys
11-21-2009, 12:33 AM
Yes.

Then it is ok to quit govenor so to have money for running for president. It is better than running for another office while on the tax payers dime.

ChumpDumper
11-21-2009, 12:34 AM
Then it is ok to quit govenor so to have money for running for president. It is better than running for another office while on the tax payers dime.No. Staying in office isn't the same as quitting office.

It's ok to support a quitter. It just means you're supporting a quitter.

Cry Havoc
11-21-2009, 01:15 AM
So she should not be taken seriously bcuz she only spent an entire day signing autographs? :lol

No she didn't. She spent part of her day signing autographs. She had planned to spend the entire day signing them, but alas, it proved too much to handle for our good old down home American rogue, so she had to go home early when she couldn't handle it.

Ignignokt
11-21-2009, 01:29 AM
No she didn't. She spent part of her day signing autographs. She had planned to spend the entire day signing them, but alas, it proved too much to handle for our good old down home American rogue, so she had to go home early when she couldn't handle it.

DId u bitch about bitching about the ipod?

Cry Havoc
11-21-2009, 01:57 AM
DId u bitch about bitching about the ipod?

Yes, because these are analogous situations. :rolleyes

Shastafarian
11-21-2009, 09:07 AM
She has her own snazzy bus? I hate politicians with celebrity status. Those fucking elitist bastards!

Ignignokt
11-21-2009, 09:53 AM
Yes, because these are analogous situations. :rolleyes

:toast, you confirmed my suspicions. thanks!

Cry Havoc
11-21-2009, 10:06 AM
:toast, you confirmed my suspicions. thanks!

Please show me one shred of evidence the indicates the royal family did not like the iPod gift or were upset at Barrack and Michelle Obama for giving said gift.

NOT analogous situations. But what do you care? Your sole purpose on this board seems to be making snide remarks and cheap comments rather than having an actual discussion.

Wild Cobra
11-21-2009, 11:16 AM
Have any evidence for that allegation? The entire day? I think not.

Oh, Gee!!
11-21-2009, 06:37 PM

that's a drawback to following a rogue: sometimes they don't follow through and pull a wild card on you.

ChumpDumper
11-21-2009, 06:40 PM
I don't understand why she just couldn't have stayed and signed the rest of the books for people with wristbands. It's not like she had to catch a flight or something.

Yonivore
11-21-2009, 06:47 PM
I think the Palin Haters are going to be more rabid than Bush Haters. And, I didn't think it could get any uglier.

ChumpDumper
11-21-2009, 06:49 PM
I think she could have signed some more books.

What do you think?

Yonivore
11-21-2009, 07:01 PM
I think she could have signed some more books.

What do you think?
I think she quit signing books when she decided to quit signing books. I also think it's a pretty petty complaint.

Much like the Associated Press assigning 11 "fact-checkers" to review Palin's book while completely ignoring the President's two -- yes, two -- autobiographies.

What, exactly, did the AP find? Well, whatever it was, it's not sustaining the fervor because, now, people are complaining about when Palin quits signing books.

ChumpDumper
11-21-2009, 07:04 PM
I think she quit signing books when she decided to quit signing books. I also think it's a pretty petty complaint.It's a valid complaint for the people who followed the rules and waited out in the cold all day. If you want to call Palin supporters petty, that seems about right for you.

Much like the Associated Press assigning 11 "fact-checkers" to review Palin's book while completely ignoring the President's two -- yes, two -- autobiographies.They weren't completely ignored. Lying doesn't help you.

What, exactly, did the AP find? Well, whatever it was, it's not sustaining the fervor because, now, people are complaining about when Palin quits signing books.You mean you didn't read their articles? Google away if you are curious. I'm going to predict you are not.

clambake
11-21-2009, 07:05 PM
there's probably a chapter about how she never quits doing anything.

Yonivore
11-21-2009, 07:09 PM
It's a valid complaint for the people who followed the rules and waited out in the cold all day. If you want to call Palin supporters petty, that seems about right for you.
I didn't know there were rules and I don't stand in line for autographs.

I was more upset our President was a no-show in Berlin and for the National Day of Prayer.

They weren't completely ignored. Lying doesn't help you.
They certainly weren't given the scrutiny to which Palin's book has been subjected. Eleven?

You mean you didn't read their articles? Google away if you are curious. I'm going to predict you are not.
If I remember, they came up with six criticisms between the eleven of them. None of the criticisms were major and some were mischaracterizations.

How many people did the AP assign to Obama's autobiographies?

spursncowboys
11-21-2009, 07:19 PM
there's probably a chapter about how she never quits doing anything.
Obama probably has chapters on work ethic, credibility, and being truthful.

clambake
11-21-2009, 08:02 PM
Obama probably has chapters on work ethic, credibility, and being truthful.

you need to read the one about being truthful.

Alex Jones
11-21-2009, 08:04 PM
"it was sultry".

http://i115.photobucket.com/albums/n303/freeajents/anne_ramsey_4_JPG.jpg

Cry Havoc
11-21-2009, 09:31 PM
I didn't know there were rules and I don't stand in line for autographs

Ah, so again, it's the fault of those who were waiting in line. I suspected as much.

clambake
11-21-2009, 10:07 PM
i wonder what whottt would have done.

spursncowboys
11-21-2009, 10:11 PM
you need to read the one about being truthful.
I don't think you have ever used truth in your posts. I thought it was a shtick until now.
the title of my posts were for effect. It is not a lie.

Cry Havoc
11-21-2009, 10:13 PM
http://www.cartoonstock.com/newscartoons/cartoonists/mfl/lowres/mfln130l.jpg

So you're saying you lied?

spursncowboys
11-21-2009, 10:21 PM
What did I lie about?

ChumpDumper
11-21-2009, 10:49 PM
I didn't know there were rules and I don't stand in line for autographs.

I was more upset our President was a no-show in Berlin and for the National Day of Prayer.I didn't know there were rules for those either.

They certainly weren't given the scrutiny to which Palin's book has been subjected. Eleven?How do you know how many people fact checked Obama's books? Tell me how you know.

If I remember, they came up with six criticisms between the eleven of them. None of the criticisms were major and some were mischaracterizations.I don't think you read the AP article.

How many people did the AP assign to Obama's autobiographies?I don't know -- you tell me. And add every fact checker from every news outlet.

ChumpDumper
11-21-2009, 10:50 PM
What did I lie about?:lmao

George Gervin's Afro
11-21-2009, 11:07 PM
I think the Palin Haters are going to be more rabid than Bush Haters. And, I didn't think it could get any uglier.

nah, the obama haters are by the worst ever.

spursncowboys
11-21-2009, 11:21 PM
your more pathetic than people who quote from wikipedia.

ChumpDumper
11-21-2009, 11:23 PM
your more pathetic than people who quote from wikipedia.You seriously don't know what you lied about?

Even in this thread?

Cry Havoc
11-21-2009, 11:32 PM
What did I lie about?

Someone called you a liar. You said the pot can't call the kettle black. Implying that chump can't insinuate that you are a liar if he is one, hence being the same color.

It also implicates you in being a liar. If someone calls me an idiot, and I say, "pot, kettle", it basically implicates both people as being stupid.

clambake
11-21-2009, 11:36 PM
I don't think you have ever used truth in your posts..

i'm a bad boy.

i need guidance.

tell me, what are my lies?

please be specific.

spursncowboys
11-21-2009, 11:37 PM
Someone called you a liar. You said the pot can't call the kettle black. Implying that chump can't insinuate that you are a liar if he is one, hence being the same color.

It also implicates you in being a liar. If someone calls me an idiot, and I say, "pot, kettle", it basically implicates both people as being stupid.

Thanks for the recap. Now what did I lie about?

Cry Havoc
11-21-2009, 11:38 PM
Thanks for the recap. Now what did I lie about?

This isn't how the situation works. You referred to YOURSELF as a liar.

spursncowboys
11-21-2009, 11:38 PM
You seriously don't know what you lied about?

Even in this thread?

You should read the article I posted in the first page. Then be a grown up, and think hard about the parallels of the article'ss beginning and my beginning.

clambake
11-21-2009, 11:43 PM
You should read the article I posted in the first page.

i don't read books or articles written by liars.

i don't read books or articles posted by liars, either.

ChumpDumper
11-21-2009, 11:55 PM
You should read the article I posted in the first page. Then be a grown up, and think hard about the parallels of the article'ss beginning and my beginning.You lied about the book from which the passage came.

You also lied about a someone's age in another thread.

That is where you lied.

Cry Havoc
11-21-2009, 11:56 PM
You should read the article I posted in the first page. Then be a grown up, and think hard about the parallels of the article'ss beginning and my beginning.

Does being a grown-up like you include making homosexual references aimed at others in an attempt to insult them? Because as far as I know, that's something kids in junior-high do. Mostly stupid ones, I might add.

clambake
11-22-2009, 12:01 AM
Does being a grown-up like you include making homosexual references aimed at others in an attempt to insult them? Because as far as I know, that's something kids in junior-high do. Mostly stupid ones, I might add.

he does that when he gets upset.

it's how he copes.

clambake
11-22-2009, 12:02 AM
i take that back. i'm projecting.

maybe it's always on his mind.

spursncowboys
11-22-2009, 12:03 AM

I said life partner, in case he is gay. I never said he was gay. I was insinuating that he does not get enough attention from his significant other.

Ignignokt

:lol, right. Internet Etiquette Forum.

clambake
oops, thats another projection.

he should come clean and end the suspense.

spursncowboys
11-22-2009, 12:06 AM
You lied about the book from which the passage came.

You also lied about a someone's age in another thread.

That is where you lied.

Those are lies??:lol

Cry Havoc
11-22-2009, 12:07 AM
I said life partner, in case he is gay. I never said he was gay. I was insinuating that he does not get enough attention from his significant other.

Right, because that makes the comment so much more even-handed and genial.

ChumpDumper
11-22-2009, 12:07 AM
Those are lies??:lolYes , those are lies. I guess you tell so many you can't recognize them anymore.

Ignignokt
11-22-2009, 12:11 AM
Yes , those are lies. I guess you tell so many you can't recognize them anymore.

Are people who administer placebos liars too?

You're the biggest dumbass i've come across.

spursncowboys
11-22-2009, 12:11 AM
Yes , those are lies. I guess you tell so many you can't recognize them anymore.

Once again- blogger living in their mother's basement- read the article in page one. Then you look less stupid and unable to use your cognative thinking.

Ignignokt
11-22-2009, 12:12 AM
Right, because that makes the comment so much more even-handed and genial.

So what? being a little bitch whining about the board 24/7 is so 4th grade.

clambake
11-22-2009, 12:13 AM
Once again- blogger living in their mother's basement- read the article in page one. Then you look less stupid and unable to use your cognative thinking.

you have a mother complex.

have you had that looked at?

ChumpDumper
11-22-2009, 12:13 AM
Once again- blogger living in their mother's basement- read the article in page one. Then you look less stupid and unable to use your cognative thinking.Once again, my mother is dead and my place has no basement. You're lying about that as well.

Stop lying. Then you'll look like less of a liar.

spursncowboys
11-22-2009, 12:16 AM

Judging by this new healthcare, if i get on the list now I might get seen in two-three years. Depending on how many party loyalist they put ahead of me.

clambake
11-22-2009, 12:18 AM
Judging by this new healthcare, if i get on the list now I might get seen in two-three years. Depending on how many party loyalist they put ahead of me.

thats not your preferred procedure.

did you forget your supposed to die?

clambake
11-22-2009, 12:20 AM
besides, if you did die, (like you guys want people to do) you could address my mother directly.

Ignignokt
11-22-2009, 12:22 AM

Everyone in the 90's did with the yo mama jokes.

Aren't you supposed to be bitching about other people projecting instead of engaging in it?

clambake
11-22-2009, 12:27 AM
Everyone in the 90's did with the yo mama jokes.

Aren't you supposed to be bitching about other people projecting instead of engaging in it?

i thought we agreed that manny makes the projection calls.

ChumpDumper
11-22-2009, 12:35 AM
Everyone in the 90's did with the yo mama jokes.Who else does it now?

spursncowboys
11-22-2009, 12:36 AM
Why is it when there is a whole page of non sense chump or clambake are always on there?

ChumpDumper
11-22-2009, 12:38 AM
Why is it when there is a whole page of non sense chump or clambake are always on there?Why do you make jokes about our dead mothers?

spursncowboys
11-22-2009, 12:43 AM
Why do you make jokes about our dead mothers?
Your mom is dead too?

ChumpDumper
11-22-2009, 12:45 AM
Your mom is dead too?Thanks for proving you don't really read the posts.

spursncowboys
11-22-2009, 12:47 AM
Thanks for proving you don't really read the posts.

It's true. I rarely read your posts. They tend to be a waste of time. People with no credibility I try and avoid reading their posts.

ChumpDumper
11-22-2009, 12:48 AM
It's true. I rarely read your posts. They tend to be a waste of time. People with no credibility I try and avoid reading their posts.Then why do you respond to them so regularly?

And why do you make jokes about our dead mothers?

I read your posts to pick out the lies.

spursncowboys
11-22-2009, 12:52 AM
Then why do you respond to them so regularly?

And why do you make jokes about our dead mothers?

I read your posts to pick out the lies.

How did I make fun of your dead mom dumbass? Stop being a drama queen. Your posts are like a train wreck.

clambake
11-22-2009, 12:55 AM
How did I make fun of your dead mom dumbass? Stop being a drama queen. Your posts are like a train wreck.

you go after everyones dead mother?

you are so brave.

whottt
11-22-2009, 01:05 AM
i wonder what whottt would have done.

I think the people that want autorgraphs and books signed are asshats if you want to know the truth about it. I would never ask someone for an autograph or to sign a book.

whottt
11-22-2009, 01:05 AM

Cry Havoc
11-22-2009, 01:49 AM
So what? being a little bitch whining about the board 24/7 is so 4th grade.

You know what? You're right.

This forum is SO much better when it's full of insults, slurs, and people attacking each other.

Then again, judging from your record of posts, maybe that's exactly what you are hoping for.

I guess wanting "civilized discourse" is pretty 4th grade, but it's sad that so few people in this forum anymore can exercise the decency necessary to behave with a modicum of self-control.

Once again... are you ever going to post anything of substance? Or are you just here to goad people with offensive posts and nothing else?

ChumpDumper
11-22-2009, 05:52 AM
Once again- blogger living in their mother's basement- read the article in page one. Then you look less stupid and unable to use your cognative thinking.Now you are lying about making fun of my dead mom saying she put my up in her basement.

You have no shame.

You are a disgrace.

clambake
11-22-2009, 11:19 AM
I think the people that want autorgraphs and books signed are asshats if you want to know the truth about it. I would never ask someone for an autograph or to sign a book.

whottt, she organized the whole thing. these promotions aren't by chance.

Ignignokt
11-22-2009, 12:17 PM
i thought we agreed that manny makes the projection calls.

:toast, thaaaatttsss riiiiiiiiight..

Ignignokt
11-22-2009, 12:18 PM
Now you are lying about making fun of my dead mom saying she put my up in her basement.

You have no shame.

You are a disgrace.

:lol, no one attacke your mother. puss.

cry me a river.

Wild Cobra
11-22-2009, 01:48 PM
It's true. I rarely read your posts. They tend to be a waste of time. People with no credibility I try and avoid reading their posts.
That's why I put that chump on IGNORE.

It's bad enough that I see what he writes in peoples quotes.

clambake
11-22-2009, 01:52 PM
ignore is for pussies.

Wild Cobra
11-22-2009, 02:00 PM
ignore is for pussies.
No, being a small degree bipolar, I get really pissed at the way Chump trolls. He is relentless and has good tactics to piss people off. I think that's what he lives for. To just piss others off. I prefer not to get that upset.

clambake
11-22-2009, 02:03 PM
it's not about him, it's about you.

why don't you own something for once.

Wild Cobra
11-22-2009, 02:16 PM
it's not about him, it's about you.

why don't you own something for once.

Wow...

You're right for once. I just don't want to deal with his shit, and I lack the self control in dealing with such assholes. I just want to hurt him at times, and I don't like myself when I get that way.

clambake
11-22-2009, 02:21 PM
so, your emotions are in control of you.

again, it's about you.

Wild Cobra
11-22-2009, 02:24 PM
so, your emotions are in control of you.

again, it's about you.
Like I said. For once you are right.

Will you ever be right again?

clambake
11-22-2009, 02:26 PM
i've never once been wrong about you.

you let your emotions choose your path, void of any fact.

it's a weakness.

spursncowboys
11-22-2009, 02:56 PM
Now you are lying about making fun of my dead mom saying she put my up in her basement.

You have no shame.

You are a disgrace.
I didn't make fun of your mom. I made fun of you.

exstatic
11-22-2009, 02:59 PM

In that case, every post of yours should read...

I'm a cranky reactionary bitch!!

Ignignokt
11-22-2009, 03:30 PM
You know what? You're right.

This forum is SO much better when it's full of insults, slurs, and people attacking each other.

Then again, judging from your record of posts, maybe that's exactly what you are hoping for.

I guess wanting "civilized discourse" is pretty 4th grade, but it's sad that so few people in this forum anymore can exercise the decency necessary to behave with a modicum of self-control.

Once again... are you ever going to post anything of substance? Or are you just here to goad people with offensive posts and nothing else?

:lmao.

You're right, i should act more like.. Chumpdumper.

"I just want pro* gress for this board, blah blah blah,, Coldplay, Rufus Wainwright, blah blah Indian Take out is so much better across the pond... blah blah.." -Cry Havoc's usual.

That's all that ever emanates from your mouth. You just come here to engage in petty little shit, fling poo, and cheer your buddies while at it, and then when gets hit back, you retreat back to "civility" "modicums" and bitching about the "lack of pro*gress".

ChumpDumper
11-22-2009, 03:47 PM
I didn't make fun of your mom. I made fun of you.More lies. If it's fun for you to constantly bring up our dead mothers, that's your problem.

She's dead and didn't have a basement. You might want to leave those jokes in the 90s.

spursncowboys
11-22-2009, 03:54 PM
More lies. If it's fun for you to constantly bring up our dead mothers, that's your problem.

She's dead and didn't have a basement. You might want to leave those jokes in the 90s.

Sorry Eddie Willers, your shameful attempt to manipulate something with a family tragedy will not work on me. I don't care about you or your feelings. I think the average person knows what was meant by what I said. However even if it wasn't that obvious, so what. I don't answer to anyone except the big guy. the internet czar still allows us to voice and express our opinion through it so that is what I will do.

ChumpDumper
11-22-2009, 03:55 PM
I said it's your problem. There is nothing shameful about my mother or her death -- it is merely a fact. If you want to exploited for a tee-hee on the internets, that says far more about you than I.

If you want to know about my mother, I'll tell you. I am quite proud of her and what she accomplished in life.

Ignignokt
11-22-2009, 03:56 PM
I said it's your problem.

It's a shame that your using your mother's death to try to pathetically win an internet argument.

ChumpDumper
11-22-2009, 03:59 PM
It's a shame that your using your mother's death to try to pathetically win an internet argument.She's dead. If there is something you can do to change that, you have my permission to do so. If you feel that nothing is out of bounds in the realm of internets arguments, I can't change that. I feel differently.

Ignignokt
11-22-2009, 04:04 PM
She's dead. If there is something you can do to change that, you have my permission to do so. If you feel that nothing is out of bounds in the realm of internets arguments, I can't change that. I feel differently.

No excuse Chump.

I wouldn't make fun of your mom, and if there's anything that i haven't attacked after the fact is your parents.

That said, the poster didn't bring up anything negative about your mom. He just commented it's a shame that you live in your mother's basement, with you being the joke. I don't think that needs to be explained further, because if i do, it feels like i'm patronizing you.

So now that you have a clue, it makes you look petty, childish and shameless to continue to use your mothers death as a prop to win an argument.

I wouldn't sell my mother to win an internet argument, even though no interwebs ettiquete exist.

ChumpDumper
11-22-2009, 04:11 PM
No excuse Chump.

I wouldn't make fun of your mom, and if there's anything that i haven't attacked after the fact is your parents.

That said, the poster didn't bring up anything negative about your mom. He just commented it's a shame that you live in your mother's basement, with you being the joke. I don't think that needs to be explained further, because if i do, it feels like i'm patronizing you.

So now that you have a clue, it makes you look petty, childish and shameless to use your mothers death as a prop to win an argument.

I wouldn't sell my mother to win an internet argument, even though no interwebs ettiquete exist.I'm not selling anything. My mother is dead and you're upset about that fact. It doesn't win any arguments for me at all. Using my dead mother to make a joke about me isn't the greatest idea in my book. I don't particularly like it so I just state the fact that she is dead. If it stops one from making jokes about her or about me that use her, that is fine. It seems there are other ways to attack me personally, which is what many posters end up doing here. I don't really mind those attacks, I just find them amusing since everyone wants to make these internets arguments so personal.

Nothing is stopping you from using my dead mother in your personal attacks on me. I just prefer you didn't.

Ignignokt
11-22-2009, 04:13 PM
I'm not selling anything. My mother is dead and you're upset about that fact. It doesn't win any arguments for me at all. Using my dead mother to make a joke about me isn't the greatest idea in my book. I don't particularly like it so I just state the fact that she is dead. If it stops one from making jokes about her or about me that use her, that is fine. It seems there are other ways to attack me personally, which is what many posters end up doing here. I don't really mind those attacks, I just find them amusing since everyone wants to make these internets arguments so personal.

Nothing is stopping you from using my dead mother in your personal attacks on me. I just prefer you didn't.

You've got to be kidding me.

You have No shame.:depressed

ChumpDumper
11-22-2009, 04:19 PM
You've got to be kidding me.

You have No shame.:depressedI am not kidding. I have plenty of discretion when it comes to these internets arguments. I believe I crossed a line with whottt once and made it far too personal. I try not to make the kinds of personal attacks that I wouldn't want to have made on myself.

whottt
11-22-2009, 04:22 PM
whottt, she organized the whole thing. these promotions aren't by chance.

I know, they are for the asshats that like autographs and to get books signed. Sometimes they will buy extra books just to get them signed.

Doesn't mean they aren't asshats. Palin is doing it because she is promoting a book, probably not because she enjoys signing books and autographs.

I know a great many people, relatives, dear friends and others that just turn into a complete fucking moron when a celebrity appears on the horizon..it's a sort of instinct that overcomes them and they turn into some sort of predatory animal seeking some kind of piece of that celebrities' fame and success.

It's scary...that's one of those moments when I realize we are still at heart, animals. Peoples instinctiive hatred of Bush superceding their love of their own home was another one of those traumatic experiences for me.

I do just the opposite, I pretend I don't even know who they are. They're just another person. No better than that homeless guy on the street.

I didn't even ask Drob for his autograph when I had the opportunity.

I mean hey dude, a couple of weeks ago I was guarding Angus Young while he signed autographs...

Angus
Fucking
Young

Stood right next to the guy and kept dumbasses off him, chicks were wanting him to sign their tits, guys were handing him money to sign, asking him for something wanting to touch him, wanting any piece of him they could get...it's just this primitive animalistic mania that takes over.

Anyway, when he was done he waited for a second and held out his hand and said thanks(this means I've actually heard him talk, which is cooler than actually getting an autograph if you ask me) and it was almost like he expected me to want something too...and I didn't.

I just said, no problem man, you're my favorite singer. Take it easy :smokin

whottt
11-22-2009, 04:24 PM
I am not kidding. I have plenty of discretion when it comes to these internets arguments. I believe I crossed a line with whottt once and made it far too personal. I try not to make the kinds of personal attacks that I wouldn't want to have made on myself.

And what a sweet victory that was. Never could squeeze a death threat out of you though. Dammit.

Alamo50 is going to, attempt, to punch me in the face the next time I see him though...that might actually top wheedling a death threat out of you.

The hardest person on ST to piss of though is timvp by far. I can't even get him to drop an F-bomb. He's either really mellow or really really passive agressive.

whottt
11-22-2009, 04:34 PM
Might as well give up on the mother thing with Chump btw, even I don't go there.

Ignignokt
11-22-2009, 04:34 PM
I am not kidding. I have plenty of discretion when it comes to these internets arguments. I believe I crossed a line with whottt once and made it far too personal. I try not to make the kinds of personal attacks that I wouldn't want to have made on myself.

The guy didn't cross any line. If someone said, you need to move out of momma's house, or...quit being such a mommas boy, i wouldn't take it offensive towards my mom.

If he had said something about your mom directly to paint her in a bad light, then your argument would have legs.

But he didn't.

So you have no real reason to be pissed.

Ignignokt
11-22-2009, 04:35 PM
Might as well give up on the mother thing with Chump btw, even I don't go there.

who made fun of whose mom? Show me the link.

ChumpDumper
11-22-2009, 04:37 PM
The guy didn't cross any line. If someone said, you need to move out of momma's house, or...quit being such a mommas boy, i wouldn't take it offensive towards my mom.

If he had said something about your mom directly to paint her in a bad light, then your argument would have legs.

But he didn't.

So you have no real reason to be pissed.I don't like jokes involving my mother, as she is dead.

You want to be the feelings police now.

Ignignokt
11-22-2009, 04:39 PM
I don't like jokes involving my mother, as she is dead.

You want to be the feelings police now.

Whose doing the policing here? You're the one nagging about someone's supposed attack against your mother.

And btw.. fine. I understand how that could bring hurt no matter the intention, or not.

If you feel horrible, you have every right to. But to use this as a "Remember the Alamo" moment, no longer helps emit any sympathy for you.

ChumpDumper
11-22-2009, 04:44 PM
Whose doing the policing here?You.
You're the one nagging about someone's supposed attack against your mother.I don't like personal attacks involving my dead mother. I said I can't stop anyone from doing it.

And btw.. fine. I understand how that could bring hurt no matter the intention, or not.

If you feel horrible, you have every right to. But to use this as a "Remember the Alamo" moment, no longer helps emit any sympathy for you.I am not asking for sympathy from anyone. I would never expect any from you.

Ignignokt
11-22-2009, 04:49 PM
I am not asking for sympathy from anyone. I would never expect any from you.

You try hard to be a sympathetic figure.

ChumpDumper
11-22-2009, 04:54 PM
You try hard to be a sympathetic figure.:lmao Yes, every post I make is intended to elicit sympathy from right-wingers and rocketfans. and Greeks.

Ignignokt
11-22-2009, 04:58 PM
:lmao Yes, every post I make is intended to elicit sympathy from right-wingers and rocketfans. and Greeks.

Just in this thread.

ChumpDumper
11-22-2009, 05:11 PM
Nah, I just prefer people not make certain kinds of personal attacks on me. Most people would want to know why, so I just cut to the chase.

I've done it before without this kind of fanfare. If you want to keep posting about me and my perceived motives, feel free. Frankly, I don't know why you are so interested.

Cry Havoc
11-22-2009, 06:24 PM
You just come here to engage in petty little shit

Could you show me anything else that's being posted on the political forum these days?

jack sommerset
11-22-2009, 06:32 PM
You don't talk shit about someones mother. Ask Professor Gates.