PDA

View Full Version : Bonner's behind-the-back-and-over-the-backboard shot...

Jose Ole
11-20-2009, 02:43 PM
Does anyone have or know how to get a GIF of that play from last night's game vs the Jazz?

DesignatedT
11-20-2009, 02:51 PM
Lol

xtremesteven33
11-20-2009, 02:52 PM
Yea I think I turned off the game after I saw that shot....:depressed

DesignatedT
11-20-2009, 02:56 PM
yeah, once we get him going. the team will just coast from there... his defensive presence alone will take us to the finals

YoMamaIsCallin
11-20-2009, 03:06 PM
geez people -- all he was trying to do was get to the free throw line -- he was fouled (arm grabbed) as he went for the hook shot and he couldn't get his arm up, so he just flipped it up. I was as astonished as he was that no foul was called. I guess they didn't see the arm grab and didn't give him the benefit of the doubt that he wouldn't shoot that shot on purpose.

DesignatedT
11-20-2009, 03:07 PM
the guy is complete garbage

Spursfan092120
11-20-2009, 03:10 PM
Good God Almighty..this guy has got to be the most underrated player on this team. Last year, I was thinking the same thing you guys were. His defense isn't HALF as bad as you guys say it is...how many Centers can hit the three has good as him, and he's actually getting a driving game going as well. Give him a fucking break.

Fpoonsie
11-20-2009, 03:13 PM
Needs to learn how to plant on a screen, though. Jeeeeeesus Christ.

DesignatedT
11-20-2009, 03:16 PM
hes soft. his rotations are good on defense but hes soft. and he cant change that. everyone just msucles right over him and gets the foul call. then he looks around like WTF did i do? ... you didnt do anything... your just as soft as toilet paper.

rayray2k8
11-20-2009, 03:17 PM
Fuck Matt Bonner.

ffadicted
11-20-2009, 03:18 PM
Someone's gotta get that .gif up, I have to see it :wow

Flux451
11-20-2009, 03:23 PM
geez people -- all he was trying to do was get to the free throw line -- he was fouled (arm grabbed) as he went for the hook shot and he couldn't get his arm up, so he just flipped it up. I was as astonished as he was that no foul was called. I guess they didn't see the arm grab and didn't give him the benefit of the doubt that he wouldn't shoot that shot on purpose.

It was a decent no call. Bonner shouldn't have been driving to the basket anyway. He wasn't being patient. I found it upsetting at first, then amusing.

Flux451
11-20-2009, 03:26 PM
hes soft. his rotations are good on defense but hes soft. and he cant change that. everyone just msucles right over him and gets the foul call. then he looks around like WTF did i do? ... you didnt do anything... your just as soft as toilet paper.

I think every team has him in the plans to straight attack him. That is pretty much what everyone is doing. A huge defensive liability. I am fed up with it. I appreciate his offense when in droughts, but he is getting too much pt in critical points in the game. His IQ has been looking really low recently.

TimDunkem
11-20-2009, 03:30 PM
It was a decent no call. Bonner shouldn't have been driving to the basket anyway. He wasn't being patient. I found it upsetting at first, then amusing.
I agree. Bonner was the one who initiated the contact anyway. Hell, I don't even believe Milsap grabbed him.

YoMamaIsCallin
11-20-2009, 03:33 PM
I agree. Bonner was the one who initiated the contact anyway. Hell, I don't even believe Milsap grabbed him.

Huh? Did you watch the replay? The defender (I think it was Milsap?) reached around him, grabbed his shooting elbow, and yanked on it. He totally got away with a foul.

Flux451
11-20-2009, 03:41 PM
Huh? Did you watch the replay? The defender (I think it was Milsap?) reached around him, grabbed his shooting elbow, and yanked on it. He totally got away with a foul.

Did you watch the replay...unsure of Milsap doesn't make your arguement legit.

I said it was a decent no call. Said and done. It wasn't big enough of a foul to harp over.

What I got most out of the play was how/why Bonner was driving and then he went up soft.

TimDunkem
11-20-2009, 04:23 PM
Did you watch the replay...unsure of Milsap doesn't make your arguement legit.
Exactly what I was thinking.

beachwood
11-20-2009, 05:26 PM
Easily one of the most embarrassing Spurs plays in the last 10 years. As i saw that play, I knew the team had hit rock bottom.

EmptyMan
11-20-2009, 05:30 PM
Bonner is starting to do that "WTF REF!?!?!?" after every call. It looks so lame considering the player.

easy7
11-20-2009, 06:14 PM
Everyone loves Matt Jordan.

phyzik
11-20-2009, 06:23 PM
Hell, if MJ, Kobe and Wade can do it, no reason to think Bonner cant.