PDA

View Full Version : Jackson Jeffcoat, Darius White to visit UT this weekend...

TFloss32
11-20-2009, 03:02 PM
The board has been slow this week so I figured I'd post this for the UT fans. Looks like the recruitment of Darius White has taken a positive turn as he will be visiting UT along with Jackson Jeffcoat this weekend.

http://insidetexas.com/news/story.php?article=1679

I've also heard a rumor that a significant recruit who is already verbally commited to another school, will decommit and pick the Horns within the next week or two. I've heard WR Mike Davis (LSU), LB Aaron Franklin and LB Rashod Favors (OU) are possiblities. Keep in mind Favors goes to Forth Worth Dunbar with Darius White.

I'd love to see Texas close out the recruiting class with Jordan Hicks, Jackson Jeffcoat and Darius White. What a class that would be!

Feel free to add info, shoot down/confirm rumors, etc.

mookie2001
11-20-2009, 03:09 PM
mike davis 4 star wr an lsu commit, should switch to UT from the reports, franklin no

the mystery recruit everyone has been abuzz about this week is jake matthews the OT committed to aggy

darius white came out of nowhere, texas hasnt been in the running all season and its a new development, maybe because OU sucks balls

jordan hicks is a badass but i think hes going to announce on signing day, will be real hard hes from ohio and his schools are tOSU, florida, texas and usc

TFloss32
11-20-2009, 03:13 PM
mike davis 4 star wr an lsu commit, should switch to UT from the reports, franklin no

the mystery recruit everyone has been abuzz about this week is jake matthews the OT committed to aggy

darius white came out of nowhere, texas hasnt been in the running all season and its a new development, maybe because OU sucks balls

jordan hicks is a badass but i think hes going to announce of signing day, will be real hard hes from ohio and his schools are tOSU, florida, texas and usc

Thanks Mookie...I figured you'd show up. I haven't heard anything about Jake Matthews. Just curious, what is your source for that? Do you live in Austin?

I'd love for that to come to fruition considering the OL crop is a little weak for this class.

So, Mike Davis isn't the mystery recruit? People just think he's going to straight up switch on LSU?

mookie2001
11-20-2009, 03:38 PM
just from the hours of internets i read every day, orangebloods, austin radio

davis was A mystery recruit, from what i hear his name is pretty much out there as being a very strong texas lean

when that info came out there was still a mystery recruit that doesnt want his name mentioned. people kind of guessed it was matthews and unlike all the other 20 names guessed, it wasnt shot down

they do need some olineman bad, matthews is the best, he had a brother go to a&m and a brother go to USC, hes one of those guys who let his dad handle the whole mess and now i think hes realizing he doesnt want to play for an average program

of course all this is rumor besides the official visits, but as far as 2010 internet recruiting we're living through it all seems relatively solid

TFloss32
11-20-2009, 03:48 PM
Damn, I didn't even realize he was Bruce Matthews' boy. He would make a stout recruiting class even stronger.

Is it true that Ahmad Dixon, after decommiting from UT and going to Baylor, decided he wanted to come back?

mookie2001
11-20-2009, 03:55 PM
yeah dixon is uncommitted, i heard the texas coaching staff told him good luck, theyre sorry he didnt commit when he had the chance

this class is already filled up assuming they get 3 of these 4 guys, 2 or 3 guys transfer, an injury retirement, an academic loss, jared norton comes back for 5th year, gold gets a scholarship, texas is full

TFloss32
11-20-2009, 04:06 PM
It will be interesting to see how the roster shakes out. I'm assuming that a couple will transfer and some will quit for medical issues (i.e. Blaine Irby). I hope Jared Norton is granted his medical redshirt because it would be nice to have that leadership with Kindle and Muck leaving.

You have to feel bad for Dixon because I'm sure the recruitng process is absolutely brutal for an 18-year old kid. Sounds like he wanted to stay home but quickly realized Baylor is pretty bad. Credit Texas for not messing around. I guess he could get in if someone decommits. Sucks for him that the latest recruiting news has a lot of guys wanting in at UT.

LOL texans
11-20-2009, 05:17 PM
Im really hoping Jackson signs with us.

TFloss32
11-23-2009, 06:32 PM
Looks like the visits went well, but Jeffcoat and White are staying mum about where they'll be playing their college ball. Doesn't look like either player was available for comment on Saturday night. It would be a mammoth of a recruiting class for Texas if they could close with Hicks, Jeffcoat and White + the "mystery recruit" (who already has a verbal commitment with another school).

Many names have been thrown around as to who this player could be (Mike Davis, Jake Matthews, etc.) This certain player was supposed to be in attendance for the Texas/Kansas game, but apparently has decided not to visit until his high school team is knocked out of the playoffs. It looks more and more likely that the player is Mike Davis considering his Dallas Skyline team is still rolling, while Jake Matthew's Fort Bend Elkins team was bounced in the first round on 11/14. Good news for Texas if true...Davis had TD catches of 57, 74, 71 and 37 this past weekend. The Longhorns also have added DT Eric Humphrey of Dallas Episcopal to their radar for the 2010 class.

Some future/potential Longhorns were in the crowd on Saturday night. Senior(s) WR John Harris (Garland Naaman Forest) and C Dominic Espinosa (Cedar Park). Junior(s) LB Chet Moss (Cedar Park), QB David Ash (Belton), DE Cedric Reed (Cleveland), RB Joe Bergeron (North Mesquite), DT Desmond Harris (Houston Westfield), WR Miles Onyegbule (Arlington), RB Aaron Green (San Antonio Madison) and OL Taylor Doyle (Austin Lake Travis). Standout sophomore WR Cayleb Jones (Austin High) was also there.

Injury updates: Looks like WR John Chiles and CB Aaron Williams are both day-to-day. Hopefully they'll both be back for the Big XII game. I, actually, don't mind Chiles being out because that gets more touches for Malcom Williams.

Does anyone have anything to add? Mookie?

mookie2001
11-23-2009, 06:37 PM
looks good, eric humphrey is the cousin of longhorn DT jarvis humphrey, who left the team due to illness this year, onyegubule (huge WR 6-4 well over 200 lbs) is the brother of the KU defensive end who had a damn good game saturday

jake matthews was not at the KU game

some people have cooled on aaron green after a pretty average jr season

TFloss32
11-23-2009, 06:39 PM
I didn't know that about Jarvis Humphrey. Did he have mono or something?

mookie2001
11-23-2009, 06:40 PM
chronic kidney disease i think

mookie2001
11-23-2009, 06:52 PM
also unless favors blew up this season, he was not offered by texas, the whole thing with white was that OU offered a package deal for the both of them. texas doesnt do package deals and didnt offer favors for some reason, likely talent

Whisky Dog
11-23-2009, 07:59 PM
I've been far too busy to keep up with recruiting - how does next year's class look? Who are the standouts and any that look like they might be stepping in to fill the 2 deep?

Also, any word on if Earl Thomas is going to the NFL after this season?

mookie2001
11-23-2009, 08:27 PM
thomas would cash a check no doubt, especially if he wins the thorpe, he is 5-10 maybe 5-11 which could be a negative. no word from him of course, i would expect him to be back for one more year at least

the 10 class is rated #1 right now

should be mostly defensive guys who will play next year, aaron benson and tevin jackson at linebacker should be shallow next year at DT too, ashton dorsey, taylor bible and darious cotton should be competing to get on the field. Reggie Wilson, is the top DE in the state is the highest rated commit, but it should be hard to see the field at end in 2010

the 3 guys in the thread, hicks, jeffcoat and white, all should be 5 stars along with wilson but have not committed

Ballcox
11-24-2009, 01:39 PM
I had read in a few places that the mystery guy/recruit might be the LB from Ohio, who is a nationally ranked guy. Can't remember his name right now, but he's a big time LB recruit, UT has been trying to steal him away from Big 10 country.

If we could also add D. White, Jeffcoat and another LB recruit (we're kind of think at that position heading into next season), that would make what's already the potential #1 recruiting class in the nation even that much better. Hook'em!

mookie2001
11-24-2009, 02:08 PM
that is Hicks, hicks has texas as his number 3 school right now bases on his weekly teleconference

the "mystery recruit" is already committed elsewhere thats what hes keeping it a secret i guess, would not be hicks it would be davis or matthews

mookie2001
12-27-2009, 01:03 PM
here, bad jake matthews info