PDA

View Full Version : Scrubs is back!...?

Fpoonsie
11-20-2009, 03:06 PM
Scrubs: Season 9 Casting Complete
Meet the next generation.
by Eric Goldman

August 20, 2009 - The new incarnation of Scrubs has completed casting all the lead roles. The Hollywood Reporter says Michael Mosley and Kerry Bishe will join the cast, alongside the recently added Dave Franco.

The Reporter says Mosley will play Drew, who is the oldest of the new med school students. Now in his 30s, Drew is at med school for the second time, having had a meltdown ten years before when he was a top candidate at Harvard Medical School. Drew is very unhappy with being thrust into any sort of mentor role to the younger students due to his age.

Bishe will play Lucy, a 22 year old first year med student who comes from a family of commercial fisherman. In a new interview with TVSquad.com, Scrubs creator Bill Lawrence noted that a new character would be somewhat the focus of the new Scrubs and take over the role of narrator JD filled, and Lucy seems to be that character.

Franco's character, Cole, is a wealthy, arrogant med student who becomes a major source of irritation for Dr. Cox (John C. McGinley).

Mosley, Bishe and Franco will join returning cast members McGinley and Donald Faison ("Turk"), along with Eliza Coupe ("Denise), who is being elevated from recurring to a series regular.

Lawrence tells TVSquad.com that Sonal Shah will also be back in Season 9 as Sunny, appearing in the same recurring manner as characters like Todd and Ted. In the same interview, Lawrence says ABC's President Steve McPherson insisted on keeping the show's official title the same because it's a "brand name", despite all the changes to the show itself. However, Lawrence adds, "If it goes my way, and we'll see if I win this battle, when it, the credits at the beginning, when it says Scrubs, you know, at the end, it'll then flash again and it'll say Med School."

link (http://tv.ign.com/articles/101/1016226p1.html)

Not sure how I feel about this. It has a kind of "Saved By the Bell: The New Class" vibe to it. :depressed

lefty
11-20-2009, 03:14 PM
I'm all for James Franco :tu

Trainwreck2100
11-20-2009, 03:18 PM
Dave Franco

MaNuMaNiAc
11-20-2009, 03:20 PM

gay freudian slip? :lol

lefty
11-20-2009, 03:41 PM
gay freudian slip? :lol
Damn :lol:lol:lol

CubanSucks
11-20-2009, 03:49 PM
There's only one Scrubs! I'm not gonna watch it

CubanSucks
11-20-2009, 03:50 PM
I'm watching an episode right now

B-Hath
11-20-2009, 03:50 PM
I don't like the sound of this. It has fail written all over it.

lefty
11-20-2009, 03:52 PM
i don't like the sound of this. It has fail written all over it.
+1

Fpoonsie
11-20-2009, 04:58 PM
What really sucks is I thought the ending was excellent. This kinda "MJ"'s it up a bit.

katyon6th
11-20-2009, 05:04 PM

Big brother is definitely sexier than little brother.

http://www.vmagazine.com/cms/files/040909_party1.jpg

I. Hustle
11-20-2009, 05:05 PM
Scrubs sucks! The thing that pisses me off the most is that Garden State was an awesome movie so I thought I would give Scrubs a chance. Once I saw how stupid it was and how stupid Zach Braff's character was I immediately hated the movie.

Fpoonsie
11-20-2009, 05:15 PM
Scrubs sucks! The thing that pisses me off the most is that Garden State was an awesome movie so I thought I would give Scrubs a chance. Once I saw how stupid it was and how stupid Zach Braff's character was I immediately hated the movie.

:wow

Tha FUCK are you talkin about? J.D. is "awesome possum"*.

*w/ much love to IM.

Strike
11-20-2009, 05:20 PM
:wow

Tha FUCK are you talkin about? J.D. is "awesome possum"*.

*w/ much love to IM.

Awesome possum? I think you mean "awful pussy".

RuffnReadyOzStyle
11-21-2009, 12:58 AM

Yeah, that's the point. :rolleyes

Scrubs was great, but died after season 6 in my eyes - it just became and overly melodramatic soap that wasn't very funny any more. They should have ended it after season 6.

eyeh8u
11-21-2009, 02:16 AM
dude is gonna ruin this show like he did with spin city and Charlie sheen and that whole LA thing

Cry Havoc
11-21-2009, 02:17 AM

Sorry, not every protagonist needs to be Rambo or Ahhhnold and flex their muscles while making things explode.

But yeah, this new Scrubs is going to suck.

BlackSwordsMan
11-21-2009, 02:17 AM
so it's scrubs without the original cast? the original show was terrible can only imagine how much this will suck

Fpoonsie
01-11-2010, 06:35 PM
Ugh. Has anybody been watching this garbage? At the beginning of the season, I set the series to record on my DVR. Watched the first episode, was underwhelmed, took a break, watched a few more in a row a couple days ago, suffered my way through the final one that J.D.'ll be in, and canceled the rest of the season's recording.

What a fucking mess.

eyeh8u
01-11-2010, 07:35 PM
Ugh. Has anybody been watching this garbage? At the beginning of the season, I set the series to record on my DVR. Watched the first episode, was underwhelmed, took a break, watched a few more in a row a couple days ago, suffered my way through the final one that J.D.'ll be in, and canceled the rest of the season's recording.

What a fucking mess.

its ok archer is starting soon

CubanSucks
01-11-2010, 08:10 PM

What a fucking mess.

The ending of the true Scrubs was too perfect for me to even give this a chance. I wouldn't have wanted to see The Admiral come back a year later after going out on top either.

CubanSucks
01-11-2010, 08:13 PM
its ok archer is starting soon

Looks alright. The same guy that did Coach McGuirk in Home Movies

eyeh8u
01-11-2010, 08:23 PM
Looks alright. The same guy that did Coach McGuirk in Home Movies

the voice yeah, but its from the creator of sealab, frisky dingo, and xtascles

JMarkJohns
01-11-2010, 08:26 PM
The ending of the true Scrubs was too perfect for me to even give this a chance.

+1 Loved the eighth season and really liked the wrap up.

pawe
01-12-2010, 02:00 AM
I have all 8 seasons of scrubs on dvd and I love every episode.
I am not going to watch this 9th season failure.
The only shining spot on that whole mess is Denise, she's hot!