PDA

View Full Version : TNT commercials

sickdsm
04-20-2005, 08:47 PM
I really hate those commercials, the one with that little kid. When the NBA has problems with people being disgusted at what they perceive a "thug" league, why do they try to sell it as just that? Any cuteness that a kid brings (such as Spike Lee's entire NBA commercials last year) is lost pretending to be a baller. Is he supposed to be popping his jersey there? Also, what the hell does that supposed to mean when he does that snipe on his nose twice as he's walking out? Was it Spike Lee that made this years commercials or who did them?

Obstructed_View
04-20-2005, 10:02 PM
I agree. They're annoying.

mookie2001
04-21-2005, 08:04 PM
i agree that 5 yr old kid makes me want to strangle the directors

watch for the nose wipe at the end
what the hell is that?
is now it cool for little kids to act like a drug addicts?

ALVAREZ6
04-21-2005, 08:25 PM
yeah i hate those commercials...

3rdCoast
04-21-2005, 08:49 PM
i havent seen it. i looked on tnt.tv, their website and saw some promo on there for the playoffs with a little kid, but didnt see a nose swipe or anything yall mentioned. he is annoying as hell anyways though.

ALVAREZ6
04-21-2005, 09:04 PM
I really hate those Michael Jordan commercial for his shoes...the ones with random little kids that say they are the next MJ.

notice how the kids are always black lol...and one of them is fat...have fun being MJ...

sickdsm
04-21-2005, 10:03 PM
There's a couple differnt versions, one has the nose swipe, one doesn't. Glad i'm not the only one who thought immediatly of a crackhead wiping away the cocaine from his nose.

duncan2k5
04-21-2005, 10:41 PM
yea thats exactly what i thought when i saw them. putting a lil kid to live up to a stereotype thug image of NBA players. i just wanna punch that kid. but you guys are crazy. those jordan commercials were nice! i love them all. i like when the fat kid says "and because of you...ima be better THAN you!" and then that cute lil girl (if she was 10 years older it would have been on!) says "now they say there will never be anyone greater. With all due respect, they're about to be wrong...again." I liked the ones too where the kid was chosong teams to play ball and had to choose between carmelo and a lil nerdy lookin kid. and when shaq was teaching the kids spanish. lol. and the nursery rhyme ones. excuse my rant. i got carried away with the memories. but i could never get tired of those jordan commercials.

PM5K
04-22-2005, 12:49 PM
The Jordan commercials are funny, and as for TNT, I really did like the Shaq ones....

ALVAREZ6
04-22-2005, 03:47 PM
How are the Jordan commercials funny? I see no humor in them...they suck ass

Obstructed_View
04-22-2005, 04:18 PM
The fat kid is funny, but I don't think he was supposed to be.