PDA

View Full Version : Question for IPOD people

TastesLikeChicken
04-20-2005, 09:01 PM
Does the IPOD remember the time marker you were at on a specific track when you turn it off, and then auto-resume at that point when you turn it back on?

I need to get a new mp3 player but some of my files are entire radio shows that are three hours long, so it would be a pain to have to find the part of the show that I left off at every time I turn it back on.

King
04-20-2005, 09:36 PM
Yes, it does. You hold down pause to put it to sleep, and then you can lock it. When you put it back on, it's in the exact same place.

scott
04-20-2005, 09:50 PM
My Creative Jukebox Zen Extra will go back to where you left off when you turned off the unit. It is a little bulkier than the IPOD (I have the 40gb version) but I chose it because I like the interface and compatibility with non-iTunes suites.

TastesLikeChicken
04-20-2005, 10:03 PM
My Creative Jukebox Zen Extra will go back to where you left off when you turned off the unit. It is a little bulkier than the IPOD (I have the 40gb version) but I chose it because I like the interface and compatibility with non-iTunes suites.

Yeah I like the compatibility of third party players, but my car has a built in IPOD adapter in the glove box so I might go ahead and join the IPOD nation.

scott
04-20-2005, 11:19 PM
BMW?

I will say that is a feature that would have pushed me to go for the IPOD as well. I rigged a nice work around though... my aftermarket deck has rear inputs so I built a cradle with a line coming to it, and the MP3 player is just another input selection on the deck.

When you plug your iPod into the glove box, do you have functionality through the deck (I thought this is what the Bimmers had)?

TastesLikeChicken
04-20-2005, 11:48 PM
BMW?

When you plug your iPod into the glove box, do you have functionality through the deck (I thought this is what the Bimmers had)?

It's actually a Mini Cooper, which is made by BMW so they were kind enough to import the beamer gadgets into the Cooper line.

Yeah you can control it from the deck or from the audio controls built into the steering wheel. And supposedly the car powers it and recharges the batteries as you drive.