PDA

View Full Version : Best place to buy tickets (SAS @ NYK, 12/27/2009)

resistanze
11-21-2009, 10:16 AM
I'm probably going to New York with friend after Christmas for a few days and I wanna catch the Knicks/Spurs game on the 27th @ MSG. I've checked ticketmaster but I seem to be only able to get 300 levels seats (prefer 200 level). Ebay seems to have quite a few, but I was wondering if buying if from scalpers was better (as in not having to pay though my ass).

CosmicCowboy
11-21-2009, 10:34 AM
E-bay will be your best bet. If it was local Craigslist would be better. The scalpers will be even worse. I sold most of my lower level rodeo tickets one year to a scalper for $40 each and he resold them for $150.

resistanze
11-21-2009, 10:44 AM
Yeah, I had a feeling scalpers would be expensive. I'm also looking at ticketseating.com and stubhub.com, their prices seem even cheaper than Ebay. But I don't have any experience with their site,

Thunder Dan
11-21-2009, 01:26 PM
go on craigslist.

Have you ever been on MSG? there aren't really any horrible seats and it's all basically just one big level. It's like Michigan Stadium with a roof on it

CosmicCowboy
11-21-2009, 01:39 PM
go on craigslist.

Have you ever been on MSG? there aren't really any horrible seats and it's all basically just one big level. It's like Michigan Stadium with a roof on it

The problem with doing craigslist in New York is that he won't be able to do the transaction in person...he will have to send check/money order up front and just trust them to send the tickets.

Thunder Dan
11-21-2009, 01:42 PM
The problem with doing craigslist in New York is that he won't be able to do the transaction in person...he will have to send check/money order up front and just trust them to send the tickets.

yeah but he could get tickets like the day before on there and meet up with them. Ticket prices go down the closer you get to the game for teams like the Knicks

resistanze
11-21-2009, 08:51 PM
go on craigslist.

Yeah one of the sites I went to is offering decent prices. I'm used to where the Raptors play and their shitty upper level seats. Thanks.

Shastafarian
11-21-2009, 09:01 PM
I'm probably going to the game too. Gonna wear my new Blair jersey if it gets here on time. My buddy who lives in NY is looking on craigslist.