PDA

View Full Version : Thoughts on our beloved Mavs last night

Ghazi
11-21-2009, 01:34 PM
Another gritty win for the Mavs, showing the wherewithal of a champion winning despite missing 3 starters... unlike the Spurs, this team doesn't make injury excuses.

And look whose #1 in the West boys :smokin

One concern... This team's perimeter shooting continues to be a source of vexation. Now shooting 34.9% on the year.... JET is shooting 30% from the arc although he's somewhat made up for it by getting to the line more. In the end though, although you don't want to be a team reliant on the 3, championship teams generally will shoot well from beyond the arc.

It's a pleasing stat that the guys have won SEVEN games (league high) while shooting 44% or worse.. but I feel in the long run this team will have to find greater offensive efficiency... 14th in the league at the moment... perhaps it'll pick up as this team gets healthy.

dude1394
11-21-2009, 01:40 PM
They are pretty much a 2-man offensive team right now. They need josh/shawn to be back to space the floor out some more. Jet will pick it up imo once a little less attention is payed to him. Dirk also will imo pick up the percentages when he's not having to force so much to try and win it.

stretch
11-21-2009, 02:34 PM
dirk is going to pick up the pace after the all-star break, like he has been doing the past few years now. when that happens, and the team stays healthy... the Mavs could be scary good. for the most part, their offense has been crap all year, but their defense has been fantastic, despite them not having some of their most important players for both sides (Damp, Howard, Marion). overall, the mavs have been pretty impressive considering, but just think about when those guys get back and are healthy and in a groove, especially since is giving newcomers like Gooden, Roddy, Hump, and Thomas a chance to get in sync and used to the team... :wow

badfish22
11-21-2009, 02:37 PM
I think Dirk is already at his post-allstar pace. He said since he took the summer off his competitive juices were flowing early.
What do you think he will score 34 points in a 4th quarter? lol

But I agree that if we can get our whole team back healthy, and give them time to sync together, we can be an amazing team.

Just don't know what the rotation will be. I imagine that Singleton will be put on the IA list. Will Roddy get any playing time? Will Hump? Will be intresting to see how it all works out.

Ghazi
11-21-2009, 02:39 PM
Dirk's been fantastic... but he's only shooting 44.4% on the year and I expect THAT aspect of his game will pick up as the year goes along.

spursfan09
11-21-2009, 02:45 PM
When does marion come back?

badfish22
11-21-2009, 02:45 PM
When does marion come back?

Next game.

spursfan09
11-21-2009, 02:53 PM
Mavs are making thier mark. Thats for sure.

dude1394
11-21-2009, 02:56 PM
Saw marion out on a dance floor last night...he was moving pretty good. :)

Basketballgirl25
11-21-2009, 06:00 PM
Hate the Mavs, but they are playing well, hopefully they will play harder in the beginning then completely be tired and drop many games at the end of the season, sorry Nets have your pick this year we won't it as lower as possible

Muser
11-21-2009, 06:23 PM
The way things are going the nets will have a pretty good pick anyway.

borders
11-21-2009, 06:38 PM
And look whose #1 in the West boys :smokin

It is the beginning of the season. The Mavs haven't had the time to choke yet. But it WILL be just a matter of time. :downspin:

Culburn369
11-21-2009, 07:47 PM
Another gritty win for the Mavs, showing the wherewithal of a champion

Yer a champion? Uh, uh. You had yer chance and you screwed the pooch. When you ring, then you can sit at the big table. Until then you get your loser ass over to the card table where the Suns, as NBA Old Maid (at O & 41) will assign seating.