PDA

View Full Version : For People who like Nickelback

Spursfan092120
11-21-2009, 03:30 PM
Just watched this video for the first time..pretty fuckin good. Definite twist to it. If you like the song, you'll love the video.

Nt2kM0TsubU

Chomag
11-21-2009, 03:32 PM
Good song, thanks for posting.

Spursfan092120
11-21-2009, 03:35 PM
Good song, thanks for posting.
you're welcome

leemajors
11-21-2009, 03:44 PM
:lmao

Spursfan092120
11-21-2009, 03:46 PM
Guess you missed the part where I said "For People who like Nickelback"

Spursfan092120
11-21-2009, 03:55 PM
Oh, look at me...I'm gonna be all cool and act like I don't like any of Nickelback's music..I'm gonna look all hardcore. lol douchebags. It's amazing how many people on here actually try to look cool on a message board...and think that the they only way they're look cool is if they act like they only like heavy metal or hardcore hip hop...or they just go with the crowd. When did nonconformity become popular? Hilarious to me. Personally, I like pretty much every style of music...sans classical...but even a little Beethoven every now and then ain't bad, depending on the mood. And the people who do this are obvious..they're the ones coming in this thread to talk shit, when it obviously is going to be something they're not interested in, because it says "For People who like Nickelback."

Shastafarian
11-21-2009, 03:59 PM
oDgs1iroYyY

Spursfan092120
11-21-2009, 04:00 PM
oDgs1iroYyY
:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao

clambake
11-21-2009, 04:33 PM
damn that was funny!

koriwhat
11-21-2009, 05:29 PM
theres people out there that like nickelback? for real? wow!

greyforest
11-21-2009, 05:47 PM
if you can actually find nickelback's very first album it is amazingly not shitty.

after that though?

http://www.riserock.com/xmas/nickelbacksucks.mp3

LOL

John Ameachi
11-21-2009, 06:09 PM
I love me some nickelback!

Spursfan092120
11-21-2009, 07:22 PM
Dark Horse, their new one, is pretty good. I will agree their first one is the best though. They got a little watered down over the years...I just dig the vox.

EmptyMan
11-21-2009, 07:32 PM
Nickelback has some good songs.

u mad?

lefty
11-21-2009, 09:16 PM
Nickelback is good overall

They have some great songs, but also some very shitty ones.

Frenzy
11-21-2009, 09:28 PM
Oh, look at me...I'm gonna be all cool and act like I don't like any of Nickelback's music..I'm gonna look all hardcore. lol douchebags. It's amazing how many people on here actually try to look cool on a message board...and think that the they only way they're look cool is if they act like they only like heavy metal or hardcore hip hop...or they just go with the crowd. When did nonconformity become popular? Hilarious to me. Personally, I like pretty much every style of music...sans classical...but even a little Beethoven every now and then ain't bad, depending on the mood. And the people who do this are obvious..they're the ones coming in this thread to talk shit, when it obviously is going to be something they're not interested in, because it says "For People who like Nickelback."

oh yea....well I like and hate nickelback...so now what!

Shastafarian
11-21-2009, 09:31 PM
You not liking classical music but enjoying nickelback makes me lose faith in humanity.

Spursfan092120
11-22-2009, 12:05 AM
oh yea....well I like and hate nickelback...so now what!
sounds more like it. :) I feel the same.

You not liking classical music but enjoying nickelback makes me lose faith in humanity.
Read the whole post man...I do like some classical..

Dr. Gonzo
11-22-2009, 12:19 AM
Nickleback and Creed

greyforest
11-22-2009, 12:44 AM
Nickelback is good overall

They have some great songs, but also some very shitty ones.

they also have some songs that are the same song

IronMexican
11-22-2009, 12:45 AM
they also have some songs that are the same song

This post reminds me of an overrated band called Nirvana.

Greg Oden
11-22-2009, 01:27 AM

What am I reading?

Cry Havoc
11-22-2009, 01:56 AM

Did you just compare Nickelback to Nirvana?

You are hereby revoked of ever having an opinion on music again.

Nickelback is trash. They are for people who like ANY and ALL rock music. Seriously, if you like Nickelback you enjoy anything with a grunge beat or an amped electric guitar.

IronMexican
11-22-2009, 02:00 AM
I'm saying that once you hear one Nirvana song, it feels like you've heard them all.

Greg Oden
11-22-2009, 02:02 AM
I'm saying that once you hear one Nirvana song, it feels like you've heard them all.

Brah you can't base that on only hearing teen spirit and come as you are.

IronMexican
11-22-2009, 02:07 AM
Brah you can't base that on only hearing teen spirit and come as you are.

Start listening to Nevermind and you might think you're listening to the same song, being played over and over.

iggypop123
11-22-2009, 02:19 AM
nickleback vs nirvana? nicklebakc is trash. its like if the lakers played the nets in the finals its that bad

symple19
11-22-2009, 05:47 AM
Nickelback is the worst band in the history of worst bands...so is creed

Spursfan09whatever the fuck, you like some really bad music. Congrats on being a loser! :toast

Spursfan092120
11-22-2009, 01:04 PM
Nickelback is the worst band in the history of worst bands...so is creed

Spursfan09whatever the fuck, you like some really bad music. Congrats on being a loser! :toast
lol thinking someone's music taste makes them a loser.

lol emo nonconformists..

I guess all the money they've made and the albums they've sold says nothing. Now, first off, you if you paid the fuck attention, you'd realize I said I went to a Creed concert for my wife, and it was surprisingly good. Nickelback, however, I do enjoy.

And if you're going to sit here and tell me you didn't like Creed's first album, you're a lying little bastard...unless you only like pop music.

sonic21
11-22-2009, 01:54 PM
They are really very bad. Almost unforgivably so...

Shastafarian
11-22-2009, 02:04 PM
I guess all the money they've made and the albums they've sold says nothing.Britney Spears sold millions of records and has made millions of dollars.

Now, first off, you if you paid the fuck attention, you'd realize I said I went to a Creed concert for my wife, and it was surprisingly good. Nickelback, however, I do enjoy.
You were doin good until this.

And if you're going to sit here and tell me you didn't like Creed's first album, you're a lying little bastard...unless you only like pop music.
I didn't like it. I enjoy good music.

Mr.Bottomtooth
11-22-2009, 03:21 PM
oDgs1iroYyY

Muser
11-22-2009, 04:25 PM
Does the lead dude out of Nickelback know he doesn't have to use the exact same Acoustic "riffs" every fucking song?

Dr. Gonzo
11-22-2009, 04:27 PM

I didn't like Creed's first album and I don't like pop music.

Dr. Gonzo
11-22-2009, 04:39 PM
http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/showbiz/bizarre/article896767.ece

NICKELBACK frontman CHAD KROEGER always seemed like quite a nice boy - until he revealed he can put his manhood in his mouth.

The 'impressive' party trick is something you might expect from rocker MICK JAGGER or shocker ROBBIE WILLIAMS.
The How You Remind Me singer learned of his unique skill as a teenager when he was dared to do something outrageous for a crate of beer.
He told Playboy: "I put my own d**k in my mouth. I was 14 and much more flexible at the time.
"It was soft and required a lot of pulling. I really wanted that case of beer."

Dr. Gonzo
11-22-2009, 04:40 PM
No wonder 90210 loves them.

Muser
11-22-2009, 04:42 PM
http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/showbiz/bizarre/article896767.ece

NICKELBACK frontman CHAD KROEGER always seemed like quite a nice boy - until he revealed he can put his manhood in his mouth.

The 'impressive' party trick is something you might expect from rocker MICK JAGGER or shocker ROBBIE WILLIAMS.
The How You Remind Me singer learned of his unique skill as a teenager when he was dared to do something outrageous for a crate of beer.
He told Playboy: "I put my own d**k in my mouth. I was 14 and much more flexible at the time.
"It was soft and required a lot of pulling. I really wanted that case of beer."

Holy shit...

:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao

EmptyMan
11-22-2009, 05:44 PM
They've got some good songs.

Got my hater blinders on hater hater blinders on.

Cleveland Steamer
11-22-2009, 06:07 PM
They are really very bad. Almost unforgivably so...

those guys thank god every night for auto-tune and drum grids.

Ignignokt
11-22-2009, 06:10 PM
Did you just compare Nickelback to Nirvana.. Rufus Wainwright, Michael Buble, Coldplay, Scarfs, Ipods, Macs, Pro*gress and Indian take out!

:rolleyes

Ignignokt
11-22-2009, 06:12 PM
nickleback vs nirvana? nicklebakc is trash. its like if the lakers played the nets in the finals its that bad

Nickelback had more talent, Nirvana used more drugs and was edgier.

Spursfan092120
11-22-2009, 09:36 PM

Muser
11-23-2009, 08:07 AM

DisAsTerBot
11-23-2009, 10:24 AM

wow.

just wow.

Dr. Gonzo
11-23-2009, 10:46 AM
I'm not a fan of Nirvana but I think of it this way.

One of those bands changed the face of music in the 90's and the other is Nickleback. They are not even comparable.

But of course this thread comes from they guy that proclaimed the dude from Blink 182 as the best drummer of all-time.

IronMexican
11-23-2009, 11:10 AM
I never said Nickelback was better than Nirvana. Just saying, a lot of Nirvana's songs sound exactly the same.

Sancha
11-23-2009, 12:46 PM
Damn I thought it said nickleBAG

Spursfan092120
11-23-2009, 04:08 PM
I'm not a fan of Nirvana but I think of it this way.

One of those bands changed the face of music in the 90's and the other is Nickleback. They are not even comparable.

But of course this thread comes from they guy that proclaimed the dude from Blink 182 as the best drummer of all-time.
No douchey..I said Neil Pert and Travis Barker were the best drummers alive. Quit lying.

Oh, Gee!!
11-23-2009, 05:25 PM
should be a short thread

Ignignokt
11-23-2009, 05:40 PM

Nirvana ripped the Pixies and were not as creative.

I didn't endorse either, but one of them was responsible for pussy fag rock in the 90's and the other for douchebags.

I guess we know which side you're on.

DisAsTerBot
11-23-2009, 05:59 PM

as?????? nickelback??? creative???

Ignignokt
11-23-2009, 06:07 PM
as?????? nickelback??? creative???

Neither, as the Pixies.

Dude, they do suck. But accumulating faggy hipster facebook points for hating on Nickelback only works on Facebook and not Spurstalk.

Muser
11-23-2009, 06:25 PM
No douchey..I said Neil Pert and Travis Barker were the best drummers alive. Quit lying.

Mike Portnoy says hi.

Muser
11-23-2009, 06:27 PM

I didn't endorse either, but one of them was responsible for pussy fag rock in the 90's and the other for douchebags.

I guess we know which side you're on.

:wtf

I was just laughing at someone saying Nickelback have more talent than Nirvana.

Greg Oden
11-23-2009, 06:42 PM
I just learned how to play guitar 10 minutes ago. And now I can play all of nickelback's songs.

Drew2354
11-23-2009, 07:36 PM
Most of you may not know that actually the Spurs come out (starting lineup song) to Nickelbacks Burn it to the Ground

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BxgeSv88c2w

IronMexican
11-23-2009, 07:40 PM
Most of you may not know that actually the Spurs come out (starting lineup song) to Nickelbacks Burn it to the Ground

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BxgeSv88c2w

Well, that's just embarrassing.

Drew2354
11-23-2009, 07:47 PM
Well, that's just embarrassing.

It is the instrumental version though....Atleast it is more of a "rocker" song of nickelbacks and not the "ballady" stuff that usually gets put on the radio by them.

Ive notice that there recent albums have half "rock" songs and the rest "ballad" stuff.

IronMexican
11-23-2009, 07:50 PM
It is the instrumental version though....Atleast it is more of a "rocker" song of nickelbacks and not the "ballady" stuff that usually gets put on the radio by them.

Ive notice that there recent albums have half "rock" songs and the rest "ballad" stuff.

If I ever owned a team, I'd make this song the intro:

PG5RUNlxtkA

Ignignokt
11-23-2009, 08:20 PM
:wtf

I was just laughing at someone saying Nickelback have more talent than Nirvana.

If you'd play any instruments you'd realize that Kobain's guitar works have nothing to be desired, nor is their bassist a virtouso. Outside of Dave Grohl who, everyone else is less talented on their instrument than nickelback.

Now everything else is a matter of taste.

And if you want to mention lyrics of both bands...:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:l mao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmaoX100000000000000

dirk4mvp
11-23-2009, 08:27 PM
gtown loves mainstream. the mookie crew scoffs at everything mainstream, especially haley baby.

I get the hatred and rivalry now. Intensity. Passion.

cROFL

it's almost as funny as usc's tings and the reggie bush lateral. i said.

Ignignokt
11-23-2009, 08:37 PM
gtown loves mainstream. the mookie crew scoffs at everything mainstream, especially haley baby.

I get the hatred and rivalry now. Intensity. Passion.

cROFL

it's almost as funny as usc's tings and the reggie bush lateral. i said.

Dirk4ATM, i'm not with nickelback here. Just trolling the one's who shit on obvious shit music who have just as shitty taste.

Surely you can understand that.

DisAsTerBot
11-24-2009, 10:13 AM
Neither, as the Pixies.

Dude, they do suck. But accumulating faggy hipster facebook points for hating on Nickelback only works on Facebook and not Spurstalk.

dude, you're an idiot.

no one is saying nirvana was a band of instrumental virtuoso's. You said nickelback was better. I said you're an idiot. They both play mainly power chords. One changed the music scene. The other has made some shitty records. Riffs and structure can be simple if everything else is in line. Obviously you are not a musician.

Ignignokt
11-24-2009, 12:14 PM
dude, you're an idiot.

no one is saying nirvana was a band of instrumental virtuoso's. You said nickelback was better. I said you're an idiot. They both play mainly power chords. One changed the music scene. The other has made some shitty records. Riffs and structure can be simple if everything else is in line. Obviously you are not a musician.

I am a musician, and chord progressions are not the single criteria for a talented band nor a good song.

Bach's Cello suite prelude 1 has at most 4-5 chords, having intricate chords progression doesn't mean shit. Everything in Music is based off V-I, if you don't count atonality that is. It's all the same shit, I-vi-IV-V forms the basis for many pop/rock songs. Nobody has changed the name of the game since Schoenberg. And the last mainstream genre which featured complex chordal structures and modulations was Swing.

So that brings me to nirvana. They didn't invent shit. They blended some forms of new wave, punk, and hard rock. Bands like the Pixies and others were already doing that crap since '82. They were at the right place at the right time. So you went from using digital delay, chorus and hard tube screaming distortion on jap guitars in the 80's to using tube amps and overdrive with whiny fag lyrics in the 90's. Nothing has changed. It's all just a bunch of regurgitated shit featuring the same music principles.

So you want to label Nirvana Avante Garde because their lyrics were incoherent and they dressed like lumberjacks.

Kill yourself.

DisAsTerBot
11-24-2009, 12:33 PM
I am a musician, and chord progressions are not the single criteria for a talented band nor a good song.

Bach's Cello suite prelude 1 has at most 4-5 chords, having intricate chords progression doesn't mean shit. Everything in Music is based off V-I, if you don't count atonality that is. It's all the same shit, I-vi-IV-V forms the basis for many pop/rock songs. Nobody has changed the name of the game since Schoenberg. And the last mainstream genre which featured complex chordal structures and modulations was Swing.

So that brings me to nirvana. They didn't invent shit. They blended some forms of new wave, punk, and hard rock. Bands like the Pixies and others were already doing that crap since '82. They were at the right place at the right time. So you went from using digital delay, chorus and hard tube screaming distortion on jap guitars in the 80's to using tube amps and overdrive with whiny fag lyrics in the 90's. Nothing has changed. It's all just a bunch of regurgitated shit featuring the same music principles.

So you want to label Nirvana Avante Garde because their lyrics were incoherent and they dressed like lumberjacks.

Kill yourself.

im not so sure we disagree on what you're stating here. I said they both use power chords. which is obviously not intricate chord progression. I did say those elements of music can be simple IF everyhting else is in line. Nirvana! Simple riffs, incoherent lyrics, regular clothes. It was EXACTLY the right place and right time. THAT changed the scene of MAINSTREAM music. Every band is influenced or does something similar to what they listen to or hear growing up. To make it seem as if Nirvana was the first band to emulate another is ridiculous. It adds nothing to your argument.

Again, i don't think we're disagreeing on the simplistic nature of Nirvana's riffs. We're disagreeing on the point that Nirvana is more talented than Nickelback.

Ignignokt
11-24-2009, 12:38 PM
im not so sure we disagree on what you're stating here. I said they both use power chords. which is obviously not intricate chord progression. I did say those elements of music can be simple IF everyhting else is in line. Nirvana! Simple riffs, incoherent lyrics, regular clothes. It was EXACTLY the right place and right time. THAT changed the scene of MAINSTREAM music. Every band is influenced or does something similar to what they listen to or hear growing up. To make it seem as if Nirvana was the first band to emulate another is ridiculous. It adds nothing to your argument.

Again, i don't think we're disagreeing on the simplistic nature of Nirvana's riffs. We're disagreeing on the point that Nirvana is more talented than Nickelback.

So now we disagree on subjective taste or rather lack of.

I'll leave it there.

DisAsTerBot
11-24-2009, 12:43 PM
So now we disagree on subjective taste or rather lack of.

I'll leave it there.

i haven't listened to nirvana in years but do respect their contribution.

anyway, what kind of music do you play and or listen to?

LOL texans
11-24-2009, 12:54 PM
Walsh, dammit, no one likes Nickleback

Ignignokt
11-24-2009, 02:36 PM

i haven't listened to nirvana in years but do respect their contribution.

anyway, what kind of music do you play and or listen to?

I listened to Nirvana back in the late 90's, but enjoyed pearl jam and smashing pumpkins a little better. Deftones, Incubus, Muse, some Radiohead in the millenium, but now i just listen to Brahms, Schubert, and Charlie Parker.

I play both electric and i play classical.